Your Favorite Fighters And Why

Scooby

Martin Kampmann - My cousin, have been following his carrer since his first MT fight. He never have a boring fight and is one of the most wellrounded fighters around.

Wanderlei Silva - I love his agressive style and willingness to stand and bang.

Jon Jones - Always entertaining to watch, and he makes it look easy to beat up some of the best fighters in the World.

Carlos Condit - Great striking, always entertaining even from his back.

Lyoto Machida - As an old karate practitioner its cool to see that some of it is actually working.

There are way more Guys i like to watch, but those were the ones that popped up first.

Anderson Silva - simply love seeing him perform and the way he makes world champions look like amateurs is simply incredible

Fedor Emelianenko - one of the best MMA fighters ever

Shinya Aoki - one of the best ground fighters in MMA

Korean Zombie - incredibly entertaining

Wanderlei Silva - also incredibly entertaining

this are not in any particular order:

Cub Swanson = so unpredictable and exciting to watch

Carlos Condit = dangerous everywhere, can't remember ever seeing him in a boring fight

Jose Aldo = mainly for his fights in the WEC where he brutalized everyone he fought

Wanderlei Silva = all out action

Diego Sanchez = he is a savage

i also have to mention the following fighters for the same reason which is the unique way they move around the cage:

Dominick Cruz, Lyoto Machida, Alexander Gustaffson, Cung Le, Yoel Romero, and probably a couple of others that don't spring to mind instantly.

Love me some Dan Severn. I watched the first 10 or so UFC'S on vhs. Severn,Shamrock and Frye were my faves.

The open weight tourneys were super sweet!

Frye is a great pick. I hope Frank Dux was a joke. The guy was as huge fraud making up that whole story in an interview to BlackBelt magazine. He used to use sugar glass bottles and claim they were real for demonstrations. Basically his whole career was just one big lie that got bigger each time he told it. I doubt he has ever been in any real fight.

1) Fedor Emelianenko: a true legend (great walkout music) impressive fighter! he was fighting against taller, bigger guys and still beat them easily. He should have been a 205lbs fighter.

2) Jon Jones: amazing fighter with amazing skills. ( but still think Texeira will KO him)

3) Junior dos Santos: humble guy, with great boxing and extremely tough!!

4) Vitor Belfort: he gets better as he gets older. I like Belfort 2.0

5) Tyrone Spong: watch a few of his fights and tell me he's not a very very talented standup fighter, i challenge you ..!! He is 28 years old and has won 65 of his 72 kickboxing fights and won 41 of them by KO. He has victories over Nathan Corbett, Remy Bonjasky, Peter Aerts, Melvin Manhoef, Ray Sefo, ... If he is able to get the same takedown def as JDS, he is gonna be a very good MMA fighter also.

You don't need to know Frank Dux was one of the greatest martial artists characters in one of the greatest movies of all time?

What I believe to be the 'real' Frank Dux story of his trophy and the kumite is funny imo.

Bloodsport is a terrible movie.

Bas Rutten. Still.

The dude brought flair, hype and excitement to MMA in an intelligent manner. He partook in one of the (still) great rivalries of the sport with Shamrock(s).

He kicked a lot of arse, came up through the different competitions and helped establish the sport. Now he contributes through endless promotion and commentary.

Bas Rutten. Still.

The dude brought flair, hype and excitement to MMA in an intelligent manner. He partook in one of the (still) great rivalries of the sport with Shamrock(s).

He kicked a lot of arse, came up through the different competitions and helped establish the sport. Now he contributes through endless promotion and commentary.

you forgot the "DANG DA DANG DA DANG" :shades:

• Upvote 1

Pat Miletich and Bas Rutten are my all time favs

as far as current fighters

Robbie Lawler (Always brings it and is never out of a fight just ask Melvin Manhoef)

Travis Browne (Almost the same reason for my liking of lawler)

Jon Jones (It's a religion thing so don't ask)

Conor Mcgregor (His Style is unique and fun to watch

Gunnar Nelson (Same as Conor but very slick on the ground as well)

All time favorites are:

Ken Shamrock - He's probably at the top of the list because I believe he is the first true MMA fighter. He started as a shootfighter that was manhandled by the BJJ of Royce Gracie, and because of those losses, he transformed his style into one that was able to stay in the Gracie guard for 30+ minutes without making a single mistake that Gracie could capitalize on. I love the way he evolved as a fighter from that first UFC through the end of his career.

Chuck Liddell - His style was ruthless and violent but artistic at the same time. The angles from which he could throw shots with knockout power was completely off the charts. It doesn't hurt that he put his fist in the mouth of my least favorite fighter (Tito Ortiz) 3 times.

Current favorites are:

Jon Jones - He needs to work on his aggression, but he has that uncanny ability to throw devastating shots from incredible angles that Liddell had.

Uriah Faber - His fights are always exciting and he has an incredible motor. He is an infinitely more talented version of Clay Guida from a stamina perspective. Faber is a guy that has grown on me from his entry into MMA through today.

Diego Brandao - I hope this kid learns to pace himself just a bit because I love his fighting style. I have loved it from his appearance on TUF, and I have seen nothing to make me think differently since then. If he can pull in the reigns just a bit and work his stamina up, the sky is the limit with his incredible power.

I agree scooby. He was one of the primary figures that brought MMA to the mainstream (along with TUF1, his fights with Couture and Ortiz were driving forces behind the sport's surge). My list shows me to be somewhat of a UFC homer with no mentions of Fedor, Mirko, Wanderlei, or a number of other warriors from other orgs (or at least guys that did most of their work in other orgs), but Liddell transended the UFC in American MMA in my opinion. He was bigger than the organization he fought for while UFC was building to the place it is today. Of course, that's my opinion as a fan of the guy, so I don't know how much of that is my "fandom" speaking versus a non-biased view of reality.

Im shocked liddel wasnt mentioned more

Thought we were only naming active fighters.

Bas Rutten

Mirko Cro Cop

Mike Tyson

Chuck Liddell

Rampage Jackson

Krazy Horse

Joachim Hansen

Fedor

Anderson Silva

Andrei Arlovski

all very entertaining fighters. Hell I'd throw Bob Sapp on there, just cuz you knew somebody was getting knocked out when he fought lol.