building a gaming PC

Havenwest

hey guys i have asked else where but thought i mighty ask here to ... im building or attempting to build a new pc gaming rig . i havent built one since back in 2015 a lot has changed from what i can see ..

just a few questions ... does a 6gb gpu handle 1440 gaming well 

how much ram would i need is there much difference in 16 gb -32 gb .. i know its double but as it gets higher i think it may just be wasted ram

CPU - Intel or AMD and what would a  minimum be if i wanted to stream content and play WOW ,Fortnite and COD and high settings or at least a good fps to be competitive 

cheers ya bro Haven

14 minutes ago, Havenwest said:

hey guys i have asked else where but thought i mighty ask here to ... im building or attempting to build a new pc gaming rig . i havent built one since back in 2015 a lot has changed from what i can see ..

just a few questions ... does a 6gb gpu handle 1440 gaming well 

how much ram would i need is there much difference in 16 gb -32 gb .. i know its double but as it gets higher i think it may just be wasted ram

CPU - Intel or AMD and what would a  minimum be if i wanted to stream content and play WOW ,Fortnite and COD and high settings or at least a good fps to be competitive 

cheers ya bro Haven

I built a pc in january. What kind of gpu are you looking at? The vram in itself isn't the biggest factor. Keep in mind that the gpu shortage means that prices are artificially inflated and gpus are hard to come by.

I personally managed to get an RTX 3070 for retail price and I'm very happy with it.

im not sure of brand yet .. but i want a 6 to 8 gb ... i have read in places that any higher will be wasted as ijm only trying to get 1440 80-100 fps

rtx 3070 that is very high end if im correct 12gb maybe but then again i spose 12gb would be future proofing me for at least a little bit

1 hour ago, Havenwest said:

im not sure of brand yet .. but i want a 6 to 8 gb ... i have read in places that any higher will be wasted as ijm only trying to get 1440 80-100 fps

rtx 3070 that is very high end if im correct 12gb maybe but then again i spose 12gb would be future proofing me for at least a little bit

I'm not sure where you live, but in my country most older GPUs have prices that basically match the 30xx series at least. I just checked a Norwegian online retailer, and the RTX 2070 supers are almost $200 more expensive than some RTX 3060 models despite being roughly comparable. The GPU market is nuts right now.

As far as I know current gen AMD GPUs are also really good.

12 hours ago, Mannetosen said:

I'm not sure where you live, but in my country most older GPUs have prices that basically match the 30xx series at least. I just checked a Norwegian online retailer, and the RTX 2070 supers are almost $200 more expensive than some RTX 3060 models despite being roughly comparable. The GPU market is nuts right now.

As far as I know current gen AMD GPUs are also really good.

ill just keep doing research my bro thank you ... and im from new zealand .. i gotta spend nearly 1000 dollars on a GPU worth while lol

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

My wish list is building a high quality PC and then turning it into a Hackintosh. If you don't know what a Hackintosh is, it's a PC running a Mac OS.