Amateur Fighters

TycoonHec

Amateur Fighters   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Amateur Fighters

• MAKE IT HAPPEN!
    • We have been over this, years ago. No.

Amateur Fighters & Amateur Promotions

I would personally love to see the implementation of Amateur Fighters and Amateur Fight Promotions. I think it would be pretty cool to see someone bring a fighter up from Amateur and at some point have them make their professional debut against legitimate guys. A big problem I have seen is the QFC is indeed similar to Amateur fighting, however it is professional and stays permanently on a fighters record. I think this is a massive disadvantage for fighters and managers as they never truly learn who their fighter can become, I have learned this after recent deep dives into writing about fighters who have made it to the top levels of the game. These fighters who begin as Amateurs could have a limit on how many amateur fights they can take or if they reach a certain skill level they can no longer fight amateurly. 

I would love to see the implementation of Amateur fight promotions. A unique promotion that serves those aspiring to build up their careers and really make something of themselves. I imagine something along the lines of the Island but that these records do not permanently stay on a fighters record and that a fighter may freely leave at any time to become professional or if they reach a certain caliber in multiple fields that they would be required to turn pro. 

The Pro for Amateur Fighters

1. It gives new players a safe understanding of the game without feeling defeated. 
2. It gives a unique perspective of the process many professional fighters have gone through. 
3. It provides a framework of how a fighter performs prior to him professionally competing. 

The Con for Amateur Fighters

1. The fighters would receive no pay from the promotion. 
2. It hinders potential progress from them becoming massive stars sooner as little to no hype is provided.

The Pro for Amateur Orgs 

1. It helps managers learn how to run an org and what is expected.
2. It provides a new market and a new type of competition. 
3. Nutrition and Merchandise orgs have a new business to work with.

The Con for Amateur Orgs

1. Fighters may not stay long
2. Less hype and less excitement expected from actual managers

Now if this has been discussed and a majority think it is dumb or a waste, please write that below for me so I can learn why. If it something that is too difficult too create, I understand. Anyways, thanks for your input in advance. 

• Upvote 2

I like the concept itself and would love to see it modelled in the game somehow. Unfortunately I don't think it fits into the current mechanics.

In addition to the problems you already listed you typically only do 2 or so amateur/QFC fights with your projects to get the ToT, then you aim for id orgs/pro career. So we are basically talking about test fight orgs here.

Also low incentives for new managers to join since they cannot afford to lose money on their fighters.

Recruiting and matchmaking seems like a nightmare since fighters will pass through quickly, there will be huge numbers created and sacked at id turns.

It would need some different mechanics to work, and the more different = the more development effort which means it will never happen.

So what could make it work? Let's say we make some new rules:

• Pro orgs cannot sign fighters unless they have a certain hype level (75?).
  • Hype from amateur fights are capped (so eventually you cannot gain more from winning there)
  • Hype gain from ama fights are not based on opponent hype but on total skill difference.
  • Fighters can accept a pro contract while under ama contract, a cut then goes to the ama org
  • No manager hype change from ama fights

Suddenly amateur orgs fill a need and pro orgs may even want to support them with cash as feeder orgs. Since you have to win some fights to get past the ama stage it introduces some more strategy around builds/training. Learning speed won't matter much for ama fighting, you could play around a bit with a slow learner here fighting younger guys. And the chance of a one-fight ticket to pro contracts gives some incentive for matchups even if the ids doesn't align perfectly. For new managers making it to the pro stage becomes the first challenge, we would need some way for them to earn money, so ama fight pay is needed I think.

May not be enough, just throwing out some ideas here on the spot, but I like thinking about game mechanics.

• Upvote 2

To take it one step further it would be nice to see some difference in the rules. Like no elbows allowed, lower frequencey of ko:s and less effect from kicks because of protective gear etc.

And now we are in fantasy-land but if we are anyway messing with the fight engine then let all skills have a temporary minimum level for ama fights, like every skill counts as at least 5 meaning you can get more variation of moves instead of only the min-max builds. Will make fights look slightly more like real fights. Even at ama level it feels a bit silly that a fighter would not know a single submission.

Oh, and if done like in my post above pro orgs may need to be allowed a few exceptions to the signing rules to keep creation tournaments possible as they are.

• Upvote 3

i wanted to propose this when no one was able to post a topic or reply to anything

i would love to see this added

amateur record under pro record would be amazing

fighters can still hang around amateur leagues until 23/24 then move up to pro for a harder challenge and for money

• Upvote 1