Petition: Nerf Fighter Hype Glitch

Rambo

Petition: Nerf Fighter Hype Glitch  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should the fighter's hype be nerfed?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How low should he go?

• 2000 P4P
    • 5000 P4P (he is 2-0)
    • 9999 P4P (punishment for blatant abuse)

1 hour ago, thb said:

What rule has he broken that he should be punished for though? He didn't do anything that isn't allowed.

Explain how Bjorn is being "punished".

This isn't writing tycoon. This is mmatycoon where you fight other users to climb p4p rank charts. It's ridiculous you can move up the fighter ranks simply by typing a sentence, selecting fighter profile, and inserting fighter ID.

A lot of places on the planet haven't deemed it necessary to write into law that having sexual intercourse with farm animals is illegal. By your logic, since it isn't written in stone and not illegal by law, they shouldn't be punished for it or held accountable?

For the record, Bjorn isn't being punished. Humbled, maybe. But it's correcting a glitch in the system that he very clearly abused.

Sponsor me for +10 Fighter Hype

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

18 minutes ago, Rambo said:

A lot of places on the planet haven't deemed it necessary to write into law that having sexual intercourse with farm animals is illegal. By your logic, since it isn't written in stone and not illegal by law, they shouldn't be punished for it or held accountable?

me n’ Betty Sue’s relationship is none of your bidness. aca68cf8487e378287543cd0631af31c.jpg

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

Speaking of which

Paddys room.jpg

Arr, curse me lucky charms, I have caught FIV

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rambo said:

Explain how Bjorn is being "punished".

How is this thread in itself not punishment? Just look at your first post.

4 hours ago, Rambo said:

This isn't writing tycoon. This is mmatycoon where you fight other users to climb p4p rank charts. It's ridiculous you can move up the fighter ranks simply by typing a sentence, selecting fighter profile, and inserting fighter ID.

Yet you just admitted that you’ve done this yourself many times before. So it’s only abusing the system if someone does it more often than you’ve done it?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

STDs are all fun and games until you really get the HIV and a 3rd world doctor like @barney misdiagnoses you and gives you Valtrex.

there's a reason why all the Mexicans from South America go to USA for all things medical.

I'd have to sell a kidney just to afford the stitches to close the would from selling my kidney in America haha

1 hour ago, clydebankblitz said:

I'd have to sell a kidney just to afford the stitches to close the would from selling my kidney in America haha

Obviously the elevated medical pricing in America is how a 3rd world doctor like @barney still has a job.

you could sell your kidney in America, and take the money to China to get one for half-price.

3 hours ago, thb said:

How is this thread in itself not punishment? Just look at your first post.

Yet you just admitted that you’ve done this yourself many times before. So it’s only abusing the system if someone does it more often than you’ve done it?

Baby Bjorn needs to learn to take it on a chin like a man. Just like Paddy's mother does.

You're choosing to ignore the difference between 1 article and 23 articles. 10 Hype vs 230 Hype. A fighter profile and intentional hype boost spam.

No articles should give fighter hype bonuses, they should be popularity bonuses. We can thank @bjornmma1 for making this transparently clear.

I reply to your questions and statements and you just reiterate the same sentiments.

Justify this. In fact, justify 18 of the 23 articles he posted as "fighter profiles". At best most of those are editorials.

You'll deflect responsibility to @MMATycoon for how he programmed it or @Skenoj for adding the articles to tycoon times. I know you desperately tried to get Thomas Bolleke to #1 p4p using the same Bjorn technique, but at least there was some effort in your writing and you didn't do it 23 times.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Baby Bjorn needs to learn to take it on a chin like a man. Just like Paddy's mother does.

You're choosing to ignore the difference between 1 article and 23 articles. 10 Hype vs 230 Hype. A fighter profile and intentional hype boost spam.

No articles should give fighter hype bonuses, they should be popularity bonuses. We can thank @bjornmma1 for making this transparently clear.

I reply to your questions and statements and you just reiterate the same sentiments.

Justify this. In fact, justify 18 of the 23 articles he posted as "fighter profiles". At best most of those are editorials.

You'll deflect responsibility to @MMATycoon for how he programmed it or @Skenoj for adding the articles to tycoon times. I know you desperately tried to get Thomas Bolleke to #1 p4p using the same Bjorn technique, but at least there was some effort in your writing and you didn't do it 23 times.

I take full responsibility for everything published on Tycoon Times, but i never thought it will have such an impact on fighter hype/p4p or anything related to fighting game, i learned the lesson, i will be more careful now

The reason of using his articles was because sometimes there wasn't articles enough to publish an edition and sometimes i liked his writing and the story of his fighter, that's all about it, i wanted to help him spread the story of him, publishing characters/fighters from this game should be a priority, people invest emotions, time and much more into a fighter

• Upvote 7

28 minutes ago, Skenoj said:

I take full responsibility for everything published on Tycoon Times, but i never thought it will have such an impact on fighter hype/p4p or anything related to fighting game, i learned the lesson, i will be more careful now

The reason of using his articles was because sometimes there wasn't articles enough to publish an edition and sometimes i liked his writing and the story of his fighter, that's all about it, i wanted to help him spread the story of him, publishing characters/fighters from this game should be a priority, people invest emotions, time and much more into a fighter

I don't really consider any of this your fault and appreciate what you do with Tycoon Times in general but come on man, we raised this issue last August and nothing changed.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

So, yes.

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

No articles should give fighter hype bonuses, they should be popularity bonuses.

I already said I agree with that.

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

I’m not justifying anything. I’m simply stating that your argument about Bjorn abusing the system is wrong. He used the system that’s open for anyone. He didn’t do anything wrong in that regard and therefore your demand to see him punished is entirely unjustified.

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

You'll deflect responsibility to @MMATycoon for how he programmed it or @Skenoj for adding the articles to tycoon times.

Now you’re trying to put words into my mouth, I don’t like that. I’m not blaming anyone.

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

I know you desperately tried to get Thomas Bolleke to #1 p4p using the same Bjorn technique, but at least there was some effort in your writing and you didn't do it 23 times.

I failed to get him there but I’m damn sure proud that I gave it my best shot. That’s beside the point though.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Skenoj said:

No one is blaming you, man. You’re without a doubt the reason why the Tycoon Times have been running so regularly and so well. Nothing but love and appreciation for the work that you've put into it.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Rambo said:

???what seems to be half of a married couple arguing???

Sponsor me for +10 Fighter Hype

15848838896471.jpg
Paddy "360°" Mcgillicutty

You will be glad to read that I was successful in getting two awesome sponsorships thanks to this (and have a long waiting list of guys who want to sponsor me if a space frees up)?

Shoutout to Carnage and Urban Fighter, big love from team Paddy! 

I'll be reordering stock soon again for my entire team, including my fanboys. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Skenoj said:

I will go out of character to accept your apology.

I will also start writing Tycoon articles again, hopefully you apply this same humbleness (is that word?) to my art and give me the same chance as these other managers.

This whole mess started when the same managers got special treatment and we spelled it out for you a few times. You chose to ignore us and here we are. 

If you don't understand the technicalities behind 230 Hype and a P4P rank of around #200 here is an example, nope it is not a 2-0 fighter:

15085530571140.png

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=324523

We are also not removing any Paddy Hype and sex of the bovine kind is still undecided need to do moar video research to this karter discovery.

The end.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Skenoj said:

100%. While I'd say you could have a sort of minimum word/quality limit, TycoonTimes was always something I loved about the site. One of the interesting things about MMATyc is all the extra stuff attached. Avatar auctions, write ups, characters, posters. I'm sure everyone appreciates you keeping Times rocking.

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

you could sell your kidney in America, and take the money to China to get one for half-price.

Sound marketing strategy. Gonna jump on WISH and see if I can get a set of lungs while I'm at it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Monsieur.Camara said:

I will go out of character to accept your apology.

I will also start writing Tycoon articles again, hopefully you apply this same humbleness (is that word?) to my art and give me the same chance as these other managers.

This whole mess started when the same managers got special treatment and we spelled it out for you a few times. You chose to ignore us and here we are. 

If you don't understand the technicalities behind 230 Hype and a P4P rank of around #200 here is an example, nope it is not a 2-0 fighter:

15085530571140.png

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=324523

We are also not removing any Paddy Hype and sex of the bovine kind is still undecided need to do moar video research to this karter discovery.

The end.

U can go ahead, but never pretend like Tycoon Times interviews your fighters, all good if u keep it clean Camara!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thb said:

I’m not justifying anything. I’m simply stating that your argument about Bjorn abusing the system is wrong. He used the system that’s open for anyone. He didn’t do anything wrong in that regard and therefore your demand to see him punished is entirely unjustified.

Now you’re trying to put words into my mouth, I don’t like that. I’m not blaming anyone.

Baby Bjorn abused the system by selecting fighter profile instead of editorial to exploit +10 hype gains. 23 times. Not once, not twice, 23.

When you basically make the statement: "the system that is open to anyone so it's not bjorns fault", you're deflecting responsibility from bjorn to the programmer who lacked the foresight when he programmed it and/or the editor that continued to allow it to happen.

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

Baby Bjorn abused the system by selecting fighter profile instead of editorial to exploit +10 hype gains. 23 times. Not once, not twice, 23.

When you basically make the statement: "the system that is open to anyone so it's not bjorns fault", you're deflecting responsibility from bjorn to the programmer who lacked the hindsight when he programmed it and/or the editor that continued to allow it to happen.

15848838896471.jpg
Paddy "360°" Mcgillicutty

Next year I won't forget our wedding anniversary, I 100% pinkyswear.

• Downvote 2

5 hours ago, Rambo said:

When you basically make the statement: "the system that is open to anyone so it's not bjorns fault", you're deflecting responsibility from bjorn to the programmer who lacked the hindsight when he programmed it and/or the editor that continued to allow it to happen.

It’s not the point I’m trying to make but sure, I’ll bite. I’m not here to defend the quality of Bjorn’s work. There are some articles that probably shouldn’t have been published but I’m not here to judge. That being said, I will admit that I like some of those articles. It brings some diversity and continuity to the Times and some light entertainment. I’d also argue that sometimes less is more. Bill Goldberg matches are a perfect example of that. The shorter the match, the more enjoyable it is to watch. And those short matches do have entertainment value. But that’s just my opinion and as I said, it’s not the point I’m trying to make here.

You’re trying to put words into my mouth again, you really shouldn't do that. I’m not pointing fingers at anyone.

The bonus you get for publishing an article is an incentive to try to get people to write more and be more involved in the game, which will hopefully improve their in-game experience. Which is why I would honestly like more people to give this a shot. Benefitting from that system is not wrong. You yourself are one of the many people who have benefitted from that system. Saying he’s abusing the system and needs to be punished because he’s done it more often than you have, is not a valid argument.