Willing to hold island company for free

JB90

12 hours ago, rjs2442 said:

Create a public gym, there is a need and little to know effort is needed to run it

JB90 already has a gym. Can't have two gyms. Everybody already has a gym.

Mike should bump all Cozad gyms to pristine and brand new condition ( and keep them there ). But he won't, because, umm, reasons.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

It's been opened for 2 days, it's not anything close to "dying a painful death". 

So far, it is off to pretty much the worst possible start as there is no alternative to gyms. And one cannot make another gym if one has a gym on the mainland, so it's not like some veteran manager can step in and save the day since veteran managers all have private gyms.

• Downvote 1

There are literally 20 fighters who have access to the private gym (and might even go back to cozad if you thought to ask them). "It's off to the worsty possible start" is absolutely ridiculous though. I've got like 30-50 managers excited for The Island for the first time in years in my mail.

Somethings happened to the site since I've been gone. If I try to joke around with someone in mail, it's like everyone's on edge. I mean there's over 100 managers active in the game and NONE will close a private gym to open a public one? I'd just give all my cash to someone to hold a gym but the inflated rates of VIP means I could probably struggle to buy them a week let alone 6 months.

I'll message the ACME leader and see if there's any chance, if no other gyms open up, of them just doing cozad like everyone else so it's an even playing field. Sucks cause it's ot their fault they're the only people willing to work together and make it happen, but it also it would take a little bit of the fun out if their guys have an advantage over the others.

But it's been 2 days and you're already saying the seasons ruined and throwing a fit. There's like 200-250 fighters already on The Island and only 20 of them are in a closed gym. It's hardly the end of the fucking world lad. Relax, join an org and enjoy the ride.

• Upvote 2

Update - Talked to the leader of ACME and it turns out they didn't even fill the gym with their own guys haha. I just assumed it was a coordinated alliance-only gym but it was just opened generally. Obviously that means it's a little less complicated to close it, but the ideal solution is for us to figure out who can run a gym and what we need to make them do it. 2mil is chump change in the 2021 game but surely I can invest that somehow to get an Island gym or two opened?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

Update - Talked to the leader of ACME and it turns out they didn't even fill the gym with their own guys haha. I just assumed it was a coordinated alliance-only gym but it was just opened generally. Obviously that means it's a little less complicated to close it, but the ideal solution is for us to figure out who can run a gym and what we need to make them do it. 2mil is chump change in the 2021 game but surely I can invest that somehow to get an Island gym or two opened?

Hey guys, my manager name is Ethan Downs (19034)

I played from 2009 to 2016. I came back to the game in January.

I ran my own private gym for years. I've won several End of Year awards voted on by managers. I'm not a top guy, but I know what it takes to play this game. I'm more than capable of maintaining a gym. 

I can afford VIP.

Since we can't use manager money on The Island, please help me out a little bit on the number crunching. 

How much does a Remarkable coach cost (been a while)?

I want to help out, I just want to make sure I can keep an Island gym open before I do this.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, pjrfin said:

JB90 already has a gym. Can't have two gyms. Everybody already has a gym.

Mike should bump all Cozad gyms to pristine and brand new condition ( and keep them there ). But he won't, because, umm, reasons.

I asked him to clean the Island Cozad gym last season just once and then let it deteriorate and he replied that was not the point of Cozad gyms whatever that means.

I asked him to allow us to have 1 mainland gym and 1 Island gym this season and he never replied. 

Now..... having said that no need to panic.  It usually takes about 1 or 2 weeks for the Island to get settled so gyms will open. Lots of Island fighters are gonna be sacked too so the need for better gyms will only come in say 2-3 weeks when we should be Ok.

We cannot make private gyms on the Island.  Last season Barney, Andy and a few tried and Mike shut down their operation with the quickness.  Because the entire point of the Island is to not hold an advantage and survive.

I am doing my part by opening a clothing store and helping with funds to whoever asks me, both clothing stores are also super cheap ($30) so both of us with clothing stores are helping as opposed to past seasons where clothes would start at $70-$150 because demand was so great at the beginning.

If you want to help back, before sacking any Island players please buy as many clothes as you can from one of our stores. 

We have really good designs :) 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Hey guys, my manager name is Ethan Downs (19034)

I played from 2009 to 2016. I came back to the game in January.

I ran my own private gym for years. I've won several End of Year awards voted on by managers. I'm not a top guy, but I know what it takes to play this game. I'm more than capable of maintained a gym. 

I can afford VIP.

Since we can't use manager money on The Island, please help me out a little bit on the number crunching. 

How much does a Remarkable coach cost (been a while)?

I want to help out, I just want to make sure I can keep an Island gym open before I do this.

Theoretically everyone "should" be able to help you with this, as I think the costs are the same on The Island as off of it. Even if it was just generic coaches, I could help out. I'm sure between myself, ColMMA (not Torutga, fuck them the cheating cnts haha) and the merch/supp companies we could make sure the fighters would have enough money to pay the gym fees needed. I'm paying the guys 750/750 for their first couple of fights, and by that time I should be on a cycle of being able to pay book plenty of events in advance and up their contracts so they'd be able to afford the gym.

If anyone is able to throw Show some gym numbers though, that'd be great.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

If you want to help back, before sacking any Island players please buy as many clothes as you can from one of our stores.

I'm not gonna send a message out today cause I've already spammed the org for now haha, but I'll send out a message to everyone making sure as many as possible spend all of their money before releasing a fighter. Give me a shout if I can help at all.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

No money can come into the Island.  This is the way it has always been nothing new.

16 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Generally on the Island, how much do fighters pay for gym fees to a decent gym?

Normally it starts at $50-$200 the first month and after that up to $600-$1000 

Island fighters after month 2 end up with too much money in their accounts anyways and $$ is needed for gyms to hire elite coaches. 

We gonna be Ok, this is just the first week. 

Anyone that had grand plans of rolling 18 year olds and maximizing their skills needs a reality check though.  The Island is for 25 year olds, it is also an even field where noobs can actually compete vs tenured managers.  This is the main reason why so many "elite" managers avoid the Island like the plague... because eventually we all lose.

Back in the days "elite" managers used to get away with saying.. I don't have any fighter slots to waste on Island but since they realized that keeping a small roster in top orgs is the most +EV way to stay on top most of these Hype managers have something like 10 open fighter slots at all time lol so that excuse went out the window.

Come to the Island i say and show Blake and I just how elite you truly are :) 

HAHAHA 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

Normally it starts at $50-$200 the first month and after that up to $600-$1000 

Island fighters after month 2 end up with too much money in their accounts anyways and $$ is needed for gyms to hire elite coaches. 

We gonna be Ok, this is just the first week. 

Anyone that had grand plans of rolling 18 year olds and maximizing their skills needs a reality check though.  The Island is for 25 year olds, it is also an even field where noobs can actually compete vs tenured managers.  This is the main reason why so many "elite" managers avoid the Island like the plague... because eventually we all lose.

Back in the days "elite" managers used to get away with saying.. I don't have any fighter slots to waste on Island but since they realized that keeping a small roster in top orgs is the most +EV way to stay on top most of these Hype managers have something like 10 open fighter slots at all time lol so that excuse went out the window.

Come to the Island i say and show Blake and I just how elite you truly are :) 

HAHAHA 

Thanks man, it's just been a while.

I had a heavyweight on The Island previously who went 14-2.

1 hour ago, andy808 said:

are you stoned or stupid? I wasnt apart of island last season, this is my first time since coming back. try again buttercup

You are right, my apologies I misstook you for Bobby lol , I just picture you all looking like this

Mixed Martial Arts Management - Bobby Bowen

So what happened last season is Barney would supply ridiculous sponsorships the first week of the Island with 3 or 4 Naughtly Crew members having something like $5000 without any fights and this other guy (it wasn"t Bobby, now that I remember it was a new player you guys got to hold the gym for yall) opened a gym at $1000 per week (WEEK 1 !) and started booting systematically each Thursday those fighters that did not go broke.

The guy was all apologetic when he booted me I believe there was some VIP given in exchange for his services and for doing all the dirty work for Barney and co. 

Well Mike closed the gym that very next day because this is exactly what Island is not about (elitist stuff).  That manager no longer plays, I think he got scared or maybe Mike closed his account who knows but yeah these cheats wanted to test and fight once or twice in order to get to the tourney ROIDED like Rich Piano.

In teh end they won 0 zilch nada HAHAHA proving that cheaters never win and winners never cheat :) 

• Downvote 2