Island!?

Ikkitakeda

25 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

It's just one 40 year old man who uses racism as a crutch because he's absolutely shite at insults. This is the last I'm addressing him. Let's get it back to Island talk.

Jobber Joe is looking like a big problem on The Island. I have a feeling Genji isn't gonna be one and done against him.

I asked Auric Gallahad's last opponent if he wouldn't mind me giving him a tip. He said yeah sure I wouldn't mind. Gave him a tip that his damage is set to high and needs to set his accuracy higher. Guess he didn't really mean it because after I told him that he got defensive wanting to run it back. Told him that's fine but Auric is being shelves to train for a month to month and half. But given the fight I bet your slider was set to.... And should be set to.... But we can run it back once he returns, but I would personally just take the advice and use to help your guy out in future fights. I don't know if I was pretty on point with the sliders, if it was the time or what but he didn't respond to that message.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ikkitakeda said:

I asked Auric Gallahad's last opponent if he wouldn't mind me giving him a tip. He said yeah sure I wouldn't mind. Gave him a tip that his damage is set to high and needs to set his accuracy higher. Guess he didn't really mean it because after I told him that he got defensive wanting to run it back. Told him that's fine but Auric is being shelves to train for a month to month and half. But given the fight I bet your slider was set to.... And should be set to.... But we can run it back once he returns, but I would personally just take the advice and use to help your guy out in future fights. I don't know if I was pretty on point with the sliders, if it was the time or what but he didn't respond to that message.

Out here causing irreparable beef Ikki!

11 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

Out here causing irreparable beef Ikki!

Hey I was just truly trying to help the guy. Which is why I asked him first if he wouldn't mind if I gave him a couple pointers. He said he wouldn't mind and would appreciate the help. So I do and he gets upset. If he would have said no. Then I wouldn't have tried to help him. I mean that's just me. If I have a fight and I'm reading what's going down in it and think my guy should have lost I'm going to check your profile out. And if you appear to be a new manager I'm going to ask if you wouldn't mind pointers. Even if it damages my own fighters chances in the future. Like I said if he said no I wouldn't give him the advice. But he said yes and got upset after the advice. But the advice I gave him is valid. If he followed my advice he wins that fight guaranteed as well as more future fights. It's something I believe more of us should do. Yes I just came back to the game after being away for quite awhile and still picking up some of the changes but I'm doing that. Why not reach out and try to help the new guy? I could understand him being upset if he said no and I gave the advice anyways, or if I gave him the advice in a disrespectful manor but neither of those were the case.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

Jobber Joe is looking like a big problem on The Island. I have a feeling Genji isn't gonna be one and done against him.

Thanks, I just came back to the game in January but my fighters can be dangerous if you overlook them. "The Bum" Jobber Joe will be on the Island fighting this entire season win or lose ?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Thanks, I just came back to the game in January but my fighters can be dangerous if you overlook them. "The Bum" Jobber Joe will be on the Island fighting this entire season win or lose ?

Love it. I'm gonna try a new strategy of getting fight offers sent out the night of the events. Especially in these early moments, I want to keep guys fighting whether they win or lose. Some of the best guys take a little while to build up and even in losses they can still be fun.

I can't say for sure, but Joe might just be staring down the barrel at a title shot next.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clydebankblitz said:

Love it. I'm gonna try a new strategy of getting fight offers sent out the night of the events. Especially in these early moments, I want to keep guys fighting whether they win or lose. Some of the best guys take a little while to build up and even in losses they can still be fun.

I can't say for sure, but Joe might just be staring down the barrel at a title shot next.

Joe is ready for whatever challenge comes. He will fight anyone anytime.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Ikkitakeda said:

2 of the island's orgs have folded already. I'm pretty sure we know what happened with one but what happened to the other?

Same thing that happened with me. First event was a lot more brutal than expected. ColMMA had the same issues. Gonna need to wait and see if their second event recoups.

For any future Island seasons, get all of your fighters to do 2-3 QFC fights first, and only do like 1/300/300 contracts. If you get a few headliners with decent records on your first event, at a smaller contract, you should be able to profit and then continuously profit from then on.

It's all a learning curve. Apparently, despite about 7 people telling me I was absolutely awful and incompetent to fail on my first event, I was lucky that I was very conservative and kept signing bonuses back. That kept a few Ks in the bank to see us through the second event, and we're rocking from then.

If anyone does want to open an Island org, drop me a message and I've give you a couple of numbers to keep you rocking.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Noticing it's getting a little bit hard to get QFC fights. The 135-155 divisions can definitely run without new blood, but it'd be good to see some new guys made. Maybe we can try and get some sort of cash prize tournament rocking? I don't like the idea of off-Island money being involved but realistically it doesn't effect The Island at all, just the manager who made the fighters? What do yous think?

On 3/11/2021 at 5:31 AM, clydebankblitz said:

Noticing it's getting a little bit hard to get QFC fights. The 135-155 divisions can definitely run without new blood, but it'd be good to see some new guys made. Maybe we can try and get some sort of cash prize tournament rocking? I don't like the idea of off-Island money being involved but realistically it doesn't effect The Island at all, just the manager who made the fighters? What do yous think?

For me it's a pass. I like a good tournament but I'm not good with outside money changing hands. I'll be in the end of the island tournament though.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

I'll be doing breakdowns for each round of the Island tournament. I did it in S3 and S4. Biiiiig undertaking as it's multiple days or writing (the first day being on like 40 fights or something) but I think everyone massively appreciated it.

That's cool. As in Ikki fashion I'll of course be doing something for my guys. While I enjoy doing like you said about people appreciate it is I do it more for other people. Try to get them involved and also give them something fun to read.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, poraan said:

After sunday i have tested all my fighters. So far 2 granites, one heavy handed and one inexperienced. Looks promising, but we have to see how things go.

We have a lot gyms, but for my builds 300-400 in a week to train strenght and condition is little expensive?

I send you some sponsorships for the guys that rolled good hiddens and a smaller one for the untested guy.  let me know if you want one for your inexperienced guy too. 

the nutrition companies can help too, some of my guys got sponsored when I asked. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 3/12/2021 at 11:24 AM, Monsieur.Camara said:

I send you some sponsorships for the guys that rolled good hiddens and a smaller one for the untested guy.  let me know if you want one for your inexperienced guy too. 

the nutrition companies can help too, some of my guys got sponsored when I asked. 

None of my fighters have rolled good hiddens but that's what we do is make the best of it. Well Auric Gallahad rolled big heart and there are worse hiddens for a grappler to roll.

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2021 at 11:08 PM, Ikkitakeda said:

I also gave Karter's fighter THE TIP  this past weekend: https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1039937

#heritaage

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

I don't even know what's good or bad haha.

I've got:-

3x granite chins
2x solid chin
1 good chin
2x determined
2x very confident
1x intelligent
1x heavy handed

And then one who had like cuts easy or likes pizza or something that I cut.

Auric has big heart twice but only left side has been showed in both fights.

Eddie got Intelligent twice also only left side has been shown both fights.

Buddy got inexperienced and has only had one fight and it was on the right side.

Harry got solid chin and only one fight and right side.

2 hours ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

I also gave Karter's fighter THE TIP  this past weekend: https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1039937

#heritaage

That bum was inexperienced at taking the tip. Also too busy cleansing the streets of Brazil of its filth to be bothered by noobs on the Island.

Karter Knocks the AIDS out of Barney!

one punch at a time ? ?? ?? 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2