Island!?

Ikkitakeda

IMO nothing major has changed, when you set an event up with all fighters having never fought (0-0) on your Orgs very first event you should be expecting poor results.  When you compare your main event today, the guys in the main event were both 0-0 and on Highland Games 1 they were 3-0 v 2-0 with similar for the other top fights this is why the other event faired much better.   I believe that’s why your results flopped today and not because of anything Mike has done.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, rjs2442 said:

IMO nothing major has changed, when you set an event up with all fighters having never fought (0-0) on your Orgs very first event you should be expecting poor results.  When you compare your main event today, the guys in the main event were both 0-0 and on Highland Games 1 they were 3-0 v 2-0 with similar for the other top fights this is why the other event faired much better.   I believe that’s why your results flopped today and not because of anything Mike has done.

Could be. But HG also hit it's predicted attendance of 450 or something whereas H1 did 2.5x less. I know Tycoon Tools isn't exact for a first event but from the sounds of other org owners, spending more than double your diminishing returns value and getting 2.5x less than predicted seems to be the worst result most have seen.

But as I said, could just be one of them things. If Tycoon Tools is right for the second event, we're laughing. Easy profits. If Tycoon Tools is way off....Highland v2 was NOT as successful as former #1 highest ranked org Highland v1 haha.

Tycoon Tools is a guide, an estimate at best and if you are merely relying on it or your experience from 6/7 years ago then you are most likely to continue to fail.  As far as what "other org owners" have said, are these also new Orgs or are you referring to established PPV Orgs?   Lastly as for your next event, for the sake of the island season I hope it is more successful and you are able to pull yourself out of this whole.

• Upvote 3

People are intense on here these days haha.

So, my projection is that if Tyc Tools predicts 527 tickets for the next event, 300 shouldn't be too unrealistic? Unless Tools just straight doesn't work, based off 300 sold, I've been able to get managers to cut their costs enough that I should theoretically be able to modestly profit on this event. By then, hopefully the hype has increased enough that the following event can break even with full fighter pay, and so on.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I hope you make a profit as well. On the bright side once you start making profit as an org owner you typically continue to make a profit. Like I said typically. As we all know that isn't always the case but it is the usual. Downside of the island and not having outside income is the being able to weather the storm or not until that time.

4 hours ago, Ikkitakeda said:

Yeah I hope you make a profit as well. On the bright side once you start making profit as an org owner you typically continue to make a profit. Like I said typically. As we all know that isn't always the case but it is the usual. Downside of the island and not having outside income is the being able to weather the storm or not until that time.

Yeah once one event does okay, we're good for the long haul. Something has to go spectacularly wrong next event for us to crash though. We've managed to get the fighter pay down to 9000 for the event as of right now. It'll be 15000 for advertising and 3000 for production.

That brings us to 27000 in expenses. Tycoon Tools predicts us at 527 people, so if I bring that back to 300 people, we'll make about 17k profit in tickets, and then a small amount on top on merch. That'll let me start booking the next arenas and should give enough hype that we can keep everyone on their actual contracts for Wednesday's card.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Unkwalker said:

Thank you. I will test to try to find out the recovery percentage.

But then, the best way to create a young fighter who will spend a lot of time just training, is to create him on the Island, even if it is not to fight on the Island?

Yes the energy is regained faster, but the coaches aren't as good, and more people in a training session lowering the quality of the training in multiple ways as far as needing to regain your energy so you can train more sessions isn't really a thing with better nutrition and training you can get your cardio up pretty high really fast on the main land and get as many sessions in as if he was on the island. So all in all mainland with young fighters. Especially if you are talking about for training purposes. Young fighters have a huge disadvantage in multiple ways on the island. Still every guy I'm rolling with on the island is young. Now the young guys do have one advantage on the island over the older guys and that is after the island is over they will still have some time of faster training speed left in them once off the island to get better with and protect the hype and pop gain from being on the island. Which is one of the reasons I rolled with the young guys. Also for the challenge.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Ikkitakeda said:

Oh I know it won't be for a while but BWMMA 155 and 145 divisions will be island fighters only after the island is over.

I would honestly focus on the now and fill all divisions before 375k hits

Island already brought the ID to 373k and we gonna hit 374k pretty soon too.  

No reason to make any 370k division Island only imo, Island fighters are on their prime after the 6 month season, they only become under trained a year or 2 later. 

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

I would honestly focus on the now and fill all divisions before 375k hits

Island already brought the ID to 373k and we gonna hit 374k pretty soon too.  

No reason to make any 370k division Island only imo, Island fighters are on their prime after the 6 month season, they only become under trained a year or 2 later. 

I'm focusing on the now but we are doing 170 and up. So no reason I can't pick up the island fighters after it is over for 155 and 145. Works out great for everyone.

On 2/22/2021 at 8:50 PM, clydebankblitz said:

Could be. But HG also hit it's predicted attendance of 450 or something whereas H1 did 2.5x less. I know Tycoon Tools isn't exact for a first event but from the sounds of other org owners, spending more than double your diminishing returns value and getting 2.5x less than predicted seems to be the worst result most have seen.

But as I said, could just be one of them things. If Tycoon Tools is right for the second event, we're laughing. Easy profits. If Tycoon Tools is way off....Highland v2 was NOT as successful as former #1 highest ranked org Highland v1 haha.

The rough calculation is 66% previous event, 33% upcoming event. Tycoon tools as great as it is for predicting low-mid tier orgs has the basic flaw that it does not take into consideration your org had no previous event hence you lost roughly two thirds of the expected revenue. You only have your first event once so it is easy to forget shit like that.

1 hour ago, ArtieBanks said:

The rough calculation is 66% previous event, 33% upcoming event. Tycoon tools as great as it is for predicting low-mid tier orgs has the basic flaw that it does not take into consideration your org had no previous event hence you lost roughly two thirds of the expected revenue. You only have your first event once so it is easy to forget shit like that.

I knew not to stick to it like glue, but I was comparing it to my previous event and using those numbers against my own. I think my problem this season was that I wanted to kick off right away and get my guys fights, when realistically I should have made everyone do a QFC or two to build up the hype first. Live and learn...or die and learn depending on if Tycoon Tools is right or not for the second event haha.

What do you mean with the calculation sorry?

22 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

I knew not to stick to it like glue, but I was comparing it to my previous event and using those numbers against my own. I think my problem this season was that I wanted to kick off right away and get my guys fights, when realistically I should have made everyone do a QFC or two to build up the hype first. Live and learn...or die and learn depending on if Tycoon Tools is right or not for the second event haha.

What do you mean with the calculation sorry?

Events take into consideration mainly the hype of the previous event. So if you run your very first card it only has 33% of the projection on tycoon tools roughly. After the first event tycoon tools is usually really quite accurate. 

The easiest way to explain it is this. Your first event no matter what will only have 33% of the estimated revenue from tycoon tools - it doesn't matter if you are running with the best fighters in the game or 0-0's although better fighters do give better returns it would still be to the tune of 33% of the projection. 

The second event projection should be near enough bang on the money because now you have ran an event. It now has a complete calculation based on org hype (which is reflected by the first event even if it is shit) still gives that extra 66% boost. 

I also see you booked the 1k Arena which is a big no-no. Papered tickets give no where near the same boost they used to do (this was changed way back in 2012). You are better off running the 700 arena until you can fill it without papering tickets before moving up. 

1 hour ago, ArtieBanks said:

Events take into consideration mainly the hype of the previous event. So if you run your very first card it only has 33% of the projection on tycoon tools roughly. After the first event tycoon tools is usually really quite accurate. 

The easiest way to explain it is this. Your first event no matter what will only have 33% of the estimated revenue from tycoon tools - it doesn't matter if you are running with the best fighters in the game or 0-0's although better fighters do give better returns it would still be to the tune of 33% of the projection. 

The second event projection should be near enough bang on the money because now you have ran an event. It now has a complete calculation based on org hype (which is reflected by the first event even if it is shit) still gives that extra 66% boost. 

I also see you booked the 1k Arena which is a big no-no. Papered tickets give no where near the same boost they used to do (this was changed way back in 2012). You are better off running the 700 arena until you can fill it without papering tickets before moving up. 

Ah right. Those numbers definitely make sense with my current one.

I know you're saying no to the 1000 arena but when I did it with HG, I sold about 500 tickets and got a great rating. Tycoon Tools was spot on back then too. The difference was that the fighters had a little bit more experience through QFC which seemed to have an effect on the hype, but I didn't have experience of running it without the papered tickets I suppose.

The more I'm doing this, the more I'm realizing that HG was lightning in a bottle and the absolute best, most perfect case scenario for a new player to experience haha.

But if the event is even close to accurate as per tycoon tools this time, all fingers crossed that we pull off a small profit and I can continue hitting the ground running after the first stumble.

1 hour ago, clydebankblitz said:

Ah right. Those numbers definitely make sense with my current one.

I know you're saying no to the 1000 arena but when I did it with HG, I sold about 500 tickets and got a great rating. Tycoon Tools was spot on back then too. The difference was that the fighters had a little bit more experience through QFC which seemed to have an effect on the hype, but I didn't have experience of running it without the papered tickets I suppose.

The more I'm doing this, the more I'm realizing that HG was lightning in a bottle and the absolute best, most perfect case scenario for a new player to experience haha.

But if the event is even close to accurate as per tycoon tools this time, all fingers crossed that we pull off a small profit and I can continue hitting the ground running after the first stumble.

I'm just telling you the best way to make profit and explaining why your event didn't make as much as projected. Yes bigger venues = better ratings but the lost revenue at the lowest level of the game does not equate to the small event rating bump. 

I'd still say that the old chat was the absolute best place for a new player to experience - it is the reason I stuck around when I started. If we are going to be honest HG was nothing more really than QFC-T 2.0. It wasn't lightening in a bottle - it was just lightening that struck twice.