Island!?

Ikkitakeda

Who's ready for the island tomorrow? I want to know who's ready and what your plans are. I'll start creating 2 fighters a 18 yo grappler and haven't decided on rather a 25 or 18 striker as well. And yes I know it puts me at a gigantic disadvantage as training sucks on the island so I'm giving up a lot of points. But hey all for fun and still will have some development time left after the island to use and keep the hype and pop earned if any.

• Upvote 2

Making 4 fighters lol 

I usually dominate along with no more than 1 or 2 managers the heavy and super heavy divisions in the biggest (and usually only left standing by seasons end) orgs but this year I happen to have spots so I get to smash in 4 divisions.

Gonna cover 170, 265, 265+ and 1 more division. Probably gonna make proper projects.

• Upvote 2

Nice let's get it kicking. Yeah I'll be going 170 and 185. I'll let the population decide on which the grappler and striker should be. Highest vote for a weight class gets it and the other will be the other by default. Also grappler you guys can vote base wrestling or bjj. Striker base boxing, mt, or wrestling. And yes votes can be multiple bases. Ready to have some f*ing fun!!

10 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

After 7 years, I'm bringing Highland back to the Island. Managed to break every record back then but a few people have set new ones since 2014. Got some goals to aim for.

Great stuff mate. Not sure what divisions you'll be running but I'll have a few fighters for you

P.S Is the Island supposed to be open today?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Great stuff mate. Not sure what divisions you'll be running but I'll have a few fighters for you

P.S Is the Island supposed to be open today?

Brilliant. I'll provisionally open every division but maybe make some decisions if it's seeming like that might not work out down the line. During season 3 I decided to only have I think 3 divisions before ending up with all but 1 at the end of the season. 

Yeah should be up today. I've got my smack talk thread ready to post, my poster templates made, my event dates written down haha. Just waiting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clydebankblitz said:

Brilliant. I'll provisionally open every division but maybe make some decisions if it's seeming like that might not work out down the line. During season 3 I decided to only have I think 3 divisions before ending up with all but 1 at the end of the season. 

Yeah should be up today. I've got my smack talk thread ready to post, my poster templates made, my event dates written down haha. Just waiting.

Great to see! Look forward to it.

Might be worth stating which divisions you're trying to build in advance, so people will create around those.

Im assuming 135, 145 and 265+ will be dead this season, with 185 to 265 being the most popular.

• Upvote 2

Just now, OptimalMMAPicks said:

Great to see! Look forward to it.

Might be worth stating which divisions you're trying to build in advance, so people will create around those.

Im assuming 135, 145 and 265+ will be dead this season, with 185 to 265 being the most popular.

Yeah good point. My ghosting for 5 years means I'm not as clued up on it all haha. I'm definitely not doing 265+. I think I cut out 135 and 145 during my season, but then Serge Ibaka appeared and basically destroyed every single 135er for a year straight so was hard not to include it for him.

Provisionally I'll do 155-265 then and if one of the divisions isn't working out, we'll go back to the drawing board and see if fighters are willing to move up or down.

• Upvote 2

I’m interested in hearing strategies for testing 18 y/os. I’m guessing people will throw them into QFCs early doors to test hiddens, and take a potential early loss to a 25 y/o.

Testing learning speed accurately is going to be near impossible unless someones devised a strategy.

And obviously you need to sign to an org and fight within the first 1-2 months to have enough money to continue training. Going to need to take some early risky fights for some £ whilst you train those skills

• Upvote 1

One thing I'll say is I'm not putting a massive amount of stock into fighters being 18. The point of The Island to me is to have very frequent fights. You can get MUCH higher quality training for an 18 year old off of The Island, and don't need to take the risks to make money, so I'm just going to treat 18 year olds the exact same as 25 year olds when matchmaking.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MiikeSnow said:

I’m interested in hearing strategies for testing 18 y/os. I’m guessing people will throw them into QFCs early doors to test hiddens, and take a potential early loss to a 25 y/o.

Testing learning speed accurately is going to be near impossible unless someones devised a strategy.

And obviously you need to sign to an org and fight within the first 1-2 months to have enough money to continue training. Going to need to take some early risky fights for some £ whilst you train those skills

My plan is create and play. I never test. I roll with I get. How I've always done it.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, popart said:

I think I managed to be the first one?! Unfortunately, while it says I can create two island fighters on my profile, when I went to create the second fighter it says I have already reached my maximum number of fighters...

Message Mike and let him know. For me it doesn't matters I had like 3 or 4 open slots anyways. And was creating 2 island fighters anyways.

3 hours ago, popart said:

I think I managed to be the first one?! Unfortunately, while it says I can create two island fighters on my profile, when I went to create the second fighter it says I have already reached my maximum number of fighters...

Same issue here but I do have a shit ton of fighters already so maybe there is a coding max ...