The1rstSaint

weeks between fights  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How long between rounds(weeks)

• 3 weeks
    • 4 weeks

Same name, new org

cw_tourny_1.jpg?width=379&height=300

24 Featherweight fighters will compete in a single elimination Tournament. The winner will earn 1 Million and become the inaugural Madness Featherweight champion.

There will be 3 groups of the tourney with 8 fighters in each. Once we have a winner in each group, the best performer(fighter who spent the least time in the cage) will recieve a bye to the final. The remaining two will face off in a semi-final bout.

Schedule

2-27 Opening round 

Group A

Ares Galvao

Kili Disson

Rick Richardson

Chukwu Adeoluwa

Moonlight Groundy

Jake Askren

Cameron White

Jim Lahey

Group B

Hank Rufkin

Dustin Ribas

Alex Barnes

Jack Dawson

Seok Yi

Sir Tessin

Jerome Doblas

Michael Bostic

Group C

Karl Childers

Kloockz Diesel

Jeremy Winters

Dante Solomon

Jeremy Moyna

Tourney Warrior

Pete Seat

Harris Reed

• Upvote 1

If we have more than 16 we can still make this work, I have an idea which will let a fighter or two recieve a bye based off performance. Of course everyone would need to agree.

The idea is simple the fighter or fighters that finish there opponents quickest would earn a bye, for now though just two fighters away from 16.

Tournament Draw. I wont jazz this up as I'm sure Butch will work some magic. 

Entered into Challonge.com. Seeds shuffled once. Results as follows

Group A

Rick Richardson vs. Jake Askren

Chukwu Adeoluwa vs. Cameron White

Jim Lahey vs. Kili Disson

Moonlight Groundy vs. Ares Galvao

Group B

Michael Bostic vs. Dustin Ribas

Sir Tessin vs. Alex Barnes

Seok Yi vs. Hank Rufkin

Jerome Doblas vs. Jack Dawson

Group C

Tourney Warrior vs. Karl Childers

Pete Seat vs. Kloockz Diesel

Jeremy Moyna vs. Jeremy Winters

Harris Reed vs. Dante Solomon

• Upvote 2

John Wallace: John here with another exciting MMA interview on the MMABeat the most exciting show on up incoming MMA talent on the net. Here with Michael Bostic who has a fight with Dustin Ribas. What are your thoughts on this fight Mike.

Michael Bostic: Well I think it's a bit weird that the two purest grapplers  in our block was randomly put together in the first round. But ready to roll.

John Wallace: How do you see the fight going?

Michael Bostic: I see me getting the takedown and getting submitted honestly. My wrestling is too good not to get the takedown easily but his bjj is too good not to get the submission. It's a fight I'd dominate in 3 more months but at this stage nightmare match up for me. Just don't have the grappling defense to fend him off right now.

John Wallace: So why not keep it standing then?

Michael Bostic: While I'm superior in wrestling and think if I could keep it standing have the ability to knock him out I don't think I'm far enough in the stand up game to do that before he could finally land a takedown and then submit me. So might as well give myself the best chance and at least be on top.

John Wallace: So what's your game plan?

Michael Bostic: Honestly the most boring fight to watch I'm going to take him down and just try to control him. Lay and pray.

John Wallace: Don't you think the fans and the org deserve a better more exciting show?

Michael Bostic: For sure they do, but I'm fighting in a tournament for a chance at million dollars. Rather make a boring sleep enticing fight that gives me a 5% chance increase to win and push my chances to 30% than go all out and get ended quickly. Might sound selfish but at the end of the day they aren't fighting for a million. I am. Even just controlling him I still think his submissions are good enough to lock in a triangle or get a bottom kimura or threaten one of those and get me to fall into an armbar.

John Wallace: Do you think you are giving too much credit to your opponent?

Michael Bostic: Not at all. I plan to make it boring and hope the constant top control wins me the fight before he gets the submission.

John Wallace: If you get the win?

Michael Bostic: Then I can be more active. The rest of my block should be a cake walk for me.

John Wallace: Any if Ribas wins?

Michael Bostic: Then he gets KO'd in the next round. He is a nightmare match up for me but unlike me he doesn't have the wrestling to get the takedown before getting KO'd by the rest of the guys. So if I win it practically guarantees me the semi-finals. If he wins he loses in the second round.

John Wallace: I take that back about you giving your opponent too much credit. Sounds like you have a good insight to it.

Michael Bostic: Thanks. I was a wrestler before I became a grappler and wrestling is like a chess match. It's more strategy than people think. So I look for the game plan. And the safest approach in this one is lay and pray.

John Wallace: Thanks Mike that's all the time we have for this one.

• Upvote 1

Group_A_1.jpg?width=400&height=263

Birth of a Warrior Group A

Ares GalvaoMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Ares Galvao 

Ares enters the BOW Tournament, 1-0 as a pro. One of Brazil's finest prospects, Galvao is currently a brown belt in BJJ. With coaches like Michael Galvao and Master Rickson Gracie helping, he could be a prized pupil coming out of the Hells Balls Gym. Ares was put to the test by fellow Madness MMA fighter Adan Jereny as he capitalized with just 36 seconds left on the fight clock as he applied a wrenching kimura for the tap out. Galvao was down 2 rounds to none leading into the final frame, and the comeback kid was born.

Kili Disson.    :Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Kili Disson

Kili had a impressive start to his career in MMA as he beat fellow  participant Jack Dawson by Armbar Submission in round 1. Standing in at 150 Cm, Disson has a wonderful wrestling pedigree. A shot from Kili is compared only to that of a ravenous Oompa Loompa, now picture that. The Erebor product now resides in Las Vegas  where he trains at CT where coach Shelby Hancock has been quite influential with his "hands-on approach.

Rick Richardson:Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Rick Richardson

"Slick" Rick Richardson of Adelaide, Australia is a prominent young kickboxer who made a successful pro Debut as well. He one a clear decision over Dante Solomon but this victory may be best described as a exhibition as it was just one round. Richardson looked great though as he has since been training hard at Far-Q Fight Club in Sydney. Word is Coach pack A. Bowl has been working diligently with Rick, teaching him the ancient technique of "Smoke and Strike" did I mention Ma balls are hot as I type.

Chukwu Adeoluwa:Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Chukwu  Adeoluwa

"The Nigerian Dream" had an impressive exhibition start to his career, as the Lagos born grappler displayed some thunderous ground and pound on fellow competitor Alex Barnes. This Blacktalians MMA member was Highly praised by Coach Juan "El" Camino in his own words "This kid is gonna f$4k some chit up, El Camino style! 

Moonlight Groundy:Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Moonlight Groundy

Moonlight will be making his  promotional and professional debut in the BOW Tournament, so there is the element of surprise in his favor. The Hull, England representative brings a grappling background to the cage and holds a purple belt in BJJ. Now training in Vegas at CHECKMATE PRIME MMA, Groundy has found some guidance under Head grappling coach Zab Juddowitz who he aims to impress.

Jake Askren          : Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Jake Askren

Jake is a highly decorated collegiate wrestler from Penn State University and has recently began a MMA career at the BOW Teat Event where he beat Jerome Doblas by Decision. This native New Yorker has recently moved to London where he trains at Arcalimon Top Team and the buzz on this kid has been  overwhelmingly great. Mac Jenkins says "Jake is going to prove to everyone that wrestling is the superior discipline in mixed martial arts."

Cameron White     :Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Cameron White

Cameron showed his submission skills are quite good as he forced Pete Seat to tap from a Rear Naked choke in there exhibition bout. White is from the city of Centerville,OH, though he now resides in Russia and trains at The Graveyard . Another well rounded grappler, Cameron is also well known at the gym for his big Heart, even though he didn't need it in his debut.

Jim Lahey.              :15851017026612.png

The final remaining group A is "Gentle" Jim a 1-0 prospect out of Sunnyvale trailer park. Lahey now resides in New York for training purposes as the full-time Trailer park Supervisor has left Bobandy the cheese burglar in charge while he trains at Shao Kahns Training Facility. Jim and coach Jack Links hAbe been preparing for this competition as Lahey wanted to leave a shitty message for the shitty field. "When the shit-captain sets sale, there will be no turning back. And all your little shitty submissions won't save you from the shit-nado that is coming for you!"

• Upvote 6

group_B.jpg

Birth of a Warrior Group B

Hank Rufkin:         15516933301194.gif

Hank is a Legendary gunslinger sent to the future to compete in first of Birth of a Warrior Tournament. He has a solid background in Steer Wrestling which he has been transitioning to a MMA style but it mainly involves the cranking of ones neck. Hank is gonna be rocking one of the most fabulous walk out attire i have seen in years and i expect big things from the YABAI project.

Dustin Ribas:         Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Dustin Ribas

A native of Nowhere, Afghanistan Ribas is another grappler to join the field with a nice mix of wrestling and BJJ. Dustin has been training in LA at Savage Krew / Death Squad a solid gym held my his Mentor and manager, coach Barry Chuckle has praised the youngster. He proved to have a load of determination in his MMA exsibition bout, but i am certain we have not seen his true talents yet. 

Alex Barnes:          Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Alex Barnes

Alex was born in Mandville, Jamaica but now resides on the Island of Hawaii, he must really like that Island life. Barnes may or may not be the illegitimate child of his manager Clifton Barnes, that is yet to be known. He does train at Clifton's gym in Hilo Qube MMA where he has been honing his skills. Alex has a balanced attack currently and judging from his Exhibition fight against Chukwu, its safe to say we really don't know what his gameplan will be coming into this one.

Jack Dawson:          15290992196919.png

Here is a familiar face to the Madness world, Jack Dawson resurrects his once promising career as a fresh 18 year old prospect. He has been working very hard at Bloody death gym with Coach Master-Bro of the Lift . Bro was a little suspect when i got a chance to chat with him about Jack's Progress. Not gonna speculate but Master-Bro is known for his PED use and the Ray Lewis "Deer Antler Spray" Scandal has recently been tied to the him.

Seok Yi :                 Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Seok Yi

The young South Korean fighter Seok Yi, is now under the Management of Scottie too Hottie and currently resides and trains in Las Vegas. Training at Gonzasco Hydropathy , Yi was welcomed by Coach Van Wilderstein who was a crucial part of Seok's Physical training process as well as his English speech development. Yi will be making his pro debut so he is a bit of a mystery, but his skilss seem to be coming along nicely says Wilderstein. Yi told me a few days ago to go fuck myself with the nicest smile ever.

Sir Tessin:               Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Sir Tessin

Sir Tessin is the brother of Captain Tessin a Lightweight competing in the LOM Tournament, as the brothers look to follow in the same path to there MMA careers. Sons of the great Master Tessin, Sir trains at his manager and fathers coveted PSE Gym located in Hilo. Sir has a background in wrestling and is known for his chin and his Elbow abilities, excellent combination if i do say so myself.

Jerome Doblas:          Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Jerome Doblas

Doblas is from the small town of I don't care, Benin but has since relocated to Helsinki where he trains at Blanc Fitness Academy. He picked up the win in his MMA exhibition against wrestling standout Jake Askren with excellent use of his clinch. Jerome is a Muay Thai stylist but has improving wrestling skill set, and with a win over a wrestler to start his career he has to be high on confidence.

Michael Bostic:           Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Michael Bostic

Lastly we have "Lil Bully" the Hawaiian born fighter who trains at Hilo gym Old School Training . Gym founder and Bostic's Manager Ikki Takeda found the teenager at a surfing competition, after finishing runner up Michael bloodied up the winner of the competition and cursed the judges for there lack of knowledge. Ikki was on hand  that day, to calm down the young man and eventually persuaded him to change his career path to the sport of cage fighting.

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

Bowc.jpg

As Promised Group C, and good luck to everyone this Saturday!

Karl Childers  Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Karl Childers

Straight out of Benton, Arkansas Karl Childers comes into the Bith of a Warrior tournament with a 1-1 professional record and a heart of gold. Just don't take his kindness for weakness as this young man has been training hard at Power Shark Gym located in Las Vegas. Karl has a wrestler base and has proven to have finishing skills as he disposed of Rocky Drago in less then two minutes. Karl has been Quoted in Saying "I dont aim to kill nobody, just don't touch my french fried taters!"

Kloockz Diesel Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Kloockz Diesel

What can be said about Kloockz that has not already been stated at 16 years of age he volunteered himself to test a vaccine to cure the horrible Monkey Plague, what a guy. Originally from Bitter Pitts, Bhutan Diesel now resides in Amsterdam where he trains at Moondog Snaketime Castle. Kloockz is said to be sent from the year 1489 and has been brought here for two reasons 1. Become the BOW winner and to pick up a ton of hoes to crave his endless sexual appetite.

Jeremy Winters Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Jeremy Winters

Hailing from Gatineau, Quebec The Hipster is a fun loving grappling phenom with one sensational mustache. He trains in Montreal at whitey's gym where he is looking to master his ground skills. After a quick Submission loss in his MMA exhibition fight Winters knows his holes and i expect him to bring a new plan of attack in the opening round of BOW. Manager Dillo of the ACME alliance has high hopes for his young Canadian featherweight.

Dante Solomon Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Dante Solomon

Solomon is another fighter who we really didn't see his full capabilities from his Exhibition debut into the sport as he threw a few kicks and ended up loosing a decision to Rick Richardson. Dante was born in Oakland, California but now trains in Las Vegas at Primal Concrete Gym . Dante Has a nice mix of Muay Thai and Wrestling and the Gyms Head Conditioning coach Phil E Blunt has stated "Dante will be a future High Times poster Boy after he shocks the MMA world"

Jeremy Moyna Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Jeremy Moyna

Moyna a native of Phoenix, Arizona is a former Golden Gloves boxer and now resides in LA where he trains at Marax MMA owned and operated by his Manager. Moyna had a incredible debut as he flattened his foe with a precisely timed jab that ended it in just 37 seconds. Moyna is possibly the biggest threat in the striking department as the field is mostly grapplers, but if he can get some early stuffs and go for the kill early this kid could wreak havoc on the rest of the field.

Tourney Warrior Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Tourney Warrior

Montreal native Tourney Warrior is a wonderful wrestler with a rapidly improving skill set. He trains in his hometown at Hey Steves Fight Shack which is owned by Bear Stevenson who is also his manager. Bear is well known for managing Beastly wrestlers and this young prospect looks to be following in there footsteps. Warrior picked up a win in his Exhibition fight as he rag dolled his opponent with ease. He trains with the Brothers Elite so don't sleep on the boy.

Pete Seat        Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Pete Seat

Pete "Feel the Heat" Seat is from somewhere with flames, wherever the funk that is, Hell maybe? Anyway this kid has a improving skill set that is quite balanced but i expect he leans more towards the ground game. He fell short in his Exhibition bout against fellow participant Cameron White, loosing by Rear naked choke. Now residing in Sydney and training at Cope's Gym Seat is looking to put camp Wes Wes on the MMA map.

Harris Reed     Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Harris Reed

A late add to this Tournament Harris "The Grandmaster" Reed is a BJJ Brown Belt from Stamford, Connecticut. Harris now calls Las Vegas his home as he trains at Lakeside Jiu-Jitsu under owner Optimal MMA. Reed proved his BJJ Brown belt was not purchased in a Taco Bell Drive though as his dispatched of Bakary Mensah in a QFC fight with a master piece of a Armbar. Optimal has told me "First he will beat you in chess, then he will eat your ass....i mean beat your ass.

This will be a fantastic tournament as 24 men vie for the ultimate prize of Madness FW champion and to become the One true WARRIOR!

• Upvote 6

David Fry: David here doing some post fight interviews here in Los Angeles at the Birth of Warrior Tournament. Oh I think see one of the contestants now. It looks like the winner of the first fight on the main card Michael Bostic. It is! Hey Mike can you come over for a few questions.

Michael Bostic: Yeah sure! What's up?

David Fry: You said Dustin Ribas stood the best chance against you in your block. Are you still willing to make that claim? And what did you think about tonight's fight?

Michael Bostic: Yes I still back that 100%. Man I'm still reeling from the adrenaline. I went in there and did my thing. I was thinking the best I could hope for against Ribas would have been a decision, but I was able to put him away. I'm happy about. And this being my first professional fight and getting to do this infront of about 500 people cheering. Man it's a rush. Hoping my next fight is infront of even more people.

David Fry: What do you think has been your biggest influence for success so far?

Michael Bostic: Man I would probably have to say the training. Old School Training aint no joke. The coaches there keep their eyes on you and if you make a mistake the penalize you. Like if they call for a 1,3,4 combination and you give them a 1,2,4 bam 10 suicides. They tell you go for the takedown and you don't drop your hips correctly bam 10 set of 10 squats. Like that. Any mistake you are punished. They train your body technique technique technique for muscle memory. They train your ears and mind to listen to their instructions. If you don't you pay for it. It truly is Old School.

David Fry: Man that sounds like some tough training. One last question for you. What is the biggest whole in your game in your opinion?

Michael Bostic: My stand up. Without a doubt. When I decided to start a career in mma I was a wrestler who silvered his junior year at state. And was like you know it would be something fun to do when I'm not out catching waves. Then by the time I had my first fight I won state in wrestling my senior year and just graduated high school last month. Let me tell you with no school it's a lot easier to find time to surf and train. So I get to train my stand up more now too.

David Fry: Thank you for your time.

• Upvote 2

MMA GAZETTE:

Troy McClure: Hi I'm MMA Sports writer Troy McClure. You may remember me from such pieces as Deck the Halls with Blood and Fury and So You Wanna Be A Fighter Season 9. Today I am with Michael Bostic just a couple hours after his round in a tournament. Michael it looks like your next opponent is Alex Barnes. What do you think of your opponent?

Michael Bostic: I think it's an easy fight for me. It shouldn't cause me much problem at all. That's not arrogance, it's the truth. I'm not overlooking him or taking him lightly at all. That's a good way to get caught. If I lose it won't be because I dropped my guard. But I just don't see that happening. But I can't beat the next guy until I beat Alex Barnes first.

Troy McClure: Some think you talk a lot of crap and have too much hype on yourself. What do you say to your haters?

Michael Bostic: Look it's not talking crap or hype. Rather you like it or not it's just the truth. Take Alex Barnes for instance he has some striking and some wrestling with a blue belt in bjj. So he's becoming well rounded. But I'm improving my striking, my wrestling is way better than his and so is my bjj. So what is going to happen in our fight? I'm going to take him down and he can't stop it. And I outmatch him on the ground enough that I'm going to do what I want with him once we are there.

Troy McClure: Where do you see yourself in 2 years?

Michael Bostic: I see myself as the champion of the 145 pound division champion somewhere.

Troy McClure: Somewhere like Madness?

Michael Bostic: Not as it is now. Right now look at their champions. They could be competing in places like Syn and Gamma. And when I'm 20, I don't think I'll be at that level yet. Maybe by the time I'm 24.

Madness Birth of a Warrior Opening Round "Review"

1614111151BOW1.jpg

With Host Mister Madness

16065106356899.jpg

The Birth of a warrior tourny kicked off with a bang, and there where some dominant performances. As well as a few surprises, as some of the guys i would have considered favorites came up on the loosing end. Overall quite an impressive showing for some of the top future Featherweight contenders. Now lets get down to the action, and Here we go!

Group A 

Moonlight Groundy def Ares Galvao (Submission Armbar) Rd 1 1:40

This pairing was expected to be a certified grappling match and it was from the start. Ares Galvao to control as he secured a quick takedown to bring the fight to the mat. Ares looked to control this fight from the top position and was doing so until Groundy say no sir! At the 1:30 Mark looked to latch on a Triangle but it was quickly transitioned to a fight ending Armbar to force Galvao to tap.

Fight Rating 41% Fight Time 1:40

Chukwu Adeoluwa def Cameron White (TKO Strikes) Rd 2 3:56

In are next fight "The Nigerian Dream" looked unstoppable as he ground and pounds his way to the next round. Chukwu's aggressive ground striking was to much for the BJJ Purple Belt Cameron White who struggled to actively work from his back. Adeoluwa was a perfect 2 for 2 on his Takedown Attempts but his furious Ground and Pound strikes where the difference as he landed an impressive 28 out of 29 in route to the second round TKO.

Fight Rating 38% Fight Time 8:56

Jake Askren def Rick Richardson Unanimous Decision

This fight was a classic Striker vs Grappler bout with The Wrestling standout Jake Askren exposing Richardson's ability to get stuff the shot. Richardson a Muay Thai expert with an improving BJJ game had some moments where he gained control on the ground hust to have the positioning snatched right back by the superior grappler in Askren.  At the end of the fight there was not much doubt that Jake's Ground Strikes and Control on the ground had just gained him the Decision.

Fight Rating 32% Fight Time 15:00

Jim Lahey def Kili Disson Unanimous Decision

One of those upsets i spoke of came in the final group A pairing as Jim Lahey was able to defend the relentless submission attack of his opponent Disson. This one was not pretty by any means as Kili was struggling to keep a lock on Jim who was doing his best just to survive on the ground. Lahey managed to defend all 18 of Kili's Sub Attempts and finally got some decent strikes in on the feet late in round 3 as he earns the Decision Victory. What may have been more disappointing then the fight. was Lahey's drunkin post fight speech.

Fight Rating 28 % Fight Time 15:00

Group B

Michael Bostic def Dustin Ribas (TKO Strikes) Rd 3 3:26

Bostic Dominated this fight on the ground and on the feet, Although the ground was much more crucial in the end. Bostic had Ribas in trouble early in round 1 with a vicious body shot followed up with a Elbow to Dustin's head that rocked him for a moment. Ribas though gained his conscious and the two BJJ Purple belts continued on. Ribas knowing he was down 2 rounds knew he needed a finish, so he started to get more aggressive with his attempts this may have left just enough opening though for Bostic to hammer the nail in the coffin as the Wrestler pounds his way to the TKO finish landing 30 out of 35 ground strikes in the fight.

Fight Rating 54% Fight Time 13:26

Alex Barnes def Sir Tessin Unanimous Decision

Another grappling Display here and i wouldn't say it was dominant but Alex Barnes was very comfortably ahead on the score cards as Sir Tessin slowly ran out of gas. Tessin had little to know offense in this fight as his Opponent on the other hand had some decent success with ground strikes. Both fighters managed two successful takedowns, tessin two in the clinch while Barnes snagged his from the outside, the active ground strikes proved to be the difference maker in this one as Alex advances.

Fight Rating 35% Fight Time 15:00

Seok Yi def Hank Rufkin Unanimous Decision

South Korean Seok Yi had a pretty strong showing against a well managed Hank Rufkin. Clinch Control played a huge part of this fight and well "Rock" landed a perfect 97 of 97 strikes in the clinch mixing it up with punches, knees and elbows. Rufkin did manage a little success on the ground picking up round two on the scorecards but Yi headed back to his Superior clinch for round three to take the UD 29-27 on all three scorecards.

Fight Rating 77% Fight Time 15:00

Jack Dawson def Jerome Doblas (TKO Strikes) Round 3 4:30

Like the last Match up, this one was a battle that was one in the clinch and Jack Dawson was in charge of this one from start to finish. Jerome had a little success landing 15 out of 57 strikes, but it was no where near Dawson's strike % in the clinch. Dawson landed nearly 85% of his strikes 69% of which where knees for a total of which 160 strikes landed, what a fuckin manaic. Giving he is matched with Seok Yi in the next round there will be some violent clinch work in store for us.

Fight Rating 100% Fight Time 14:30

Group C

Tourney Warrior def Karl Childers (TKO Strikes) Rd 2 3:11

After Round one it looked like Childers guard pulling tactics may lead him to victory as he managed to pull guard twice in the opening round and control the fight to take round 1. Tourney Warrior though made some wise adjustments and prevented Karl from getting the fight to the mat round 2 as Childers relentlessly struggled to do so. Warrior took advantage and started to tee off on the Arkansonian's head and body. The end came after a big right hand sent Childers to the mat and Warrior added some strikes from the mount to end the fight.

Fight Rating 51% Fight Time 8:11

Pete Seat def Kloockz Diesel (Submission Guillotine) Rd 1 0:28

This one didn't last long Diesel came out with a body shot that missed its mark and Seat quickly moved into the clinch. Pete then goets a Takedown but Kloockz somehow lands on top, unfazed though Pete then locks on a tight Guillotine that forces a tap in under 30 seconds of the fight.

Fight Rating 100% Fight Time 0:28

Harris Reed def Dante Solomon (Submission Kimura) Rd 1 3:59

Solomon the better striker of the two starts out strong landing 6 out of 11 on his strikes which took a bit of energy out of Reed. As the fight hits the two minute mark Harris realizing he is not getting anywhere on the feet changes levels and scores his first successful Takedown putting the Striker on his back.He starts off landing a nice elbow to soften Dante up, then starts trying submissions. After his first Kimura fails, the Brown belt in BJJ goes back to it once more and this time hes got forcing Solomon to tap out.

Fight Rating 41% Fight Time 3:59

Jeremy Moyna def Jeremy Winters (KO Punch) Rd 1 0:18

There can only be one Warrior and there can only be one Jeremy, as Jeremy Moyna has emerged as the king of the Jeremey's. Winters though for all it's worth has a beautifull mustache, which may have outraged Moyna even more. After Winters second failed Takedown Moyna counters with the almighty "Right hand from Hell" putting Mr. Winters to sleep and giving Jeremy Moyna the quickest finish of the opening round.

Fight Rating 100% Fight Time 0:18

Reminder When we get down to the remaining three fighters, a bye will be rewarded to the lowest overall fight time. Below is a leader board for the automatic bye to the final

Moyna 0:18

Seat 0:28

Groundy 1:40

Reed 3:59

Warrior 8:11

Adeoluwa 8:56

Bostic 13:26

Dawson 14:30

Yi 15:00

Barnes 15:00

Askren 15:00

Lahey 15:00

• Upvote 3

Michael Bostic twitter: What a day! What a day! I just offered to help the United States Olympic Wrestling team train. Not asked to be on the team or alternate or anything but just to help prepare them. On this same day I also received my purple belt in bjj from Jason White, one of the grappling coaches at Old School Training.

William A'cho: Way to go brudda. Show dem what we hawaiians can do.

Michael Bostic: You got it brudda.

LilBullyFan27: I smell trouble for the guys in the tournament.

Michael Bostic: Going to impose my will and bully them for sure.

NigerianPrince: I have 7 million dollars but the bank is requiring a 10,000 transaction fee for me get access to it. Message me about helping me out and I'll send you 1 million dollars.

Michael Bostic: Wow what a day and I have a chance to become a millionaire. Someone get this scammer off my twitter please.

WhileyECoyote: Don't get any ACME products they tend to blow up in your face. Serious notion which is the bigger accomplishment to you?

Michael Bostic: Well I would have to say helping the Olympic Team train for a few reasons.

WhileyECoyote: What are the reasons.

Michael Bostic: Well thousands of people have had a purple belt in bjj. Don't get me wrong big accomplishment for me. But very few people have ever been offered to help their country train for the Olympics. Also while I got a few offers from colleges to wrestle I didn't want to leave Hawaii to go to school and no Hawaii college competes in wrestling yet.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Michael Bostic twitter: I told you guys sure thing I was going to the finals of my block. And now I will be in the finals of my block. Quick finish tonight. Next up Seok Yi.

HawaiiNumber1Bruddah: Congrats again on helping the olympic team. And what a win tonight. How is Seok Yi going to go?

Michael Bostic: He hasn't shown the ability to finish anyone yet but he has a big advantage on the feet. My advice to him though is in the month leading up to the fight only train on his takedown defense and his ground game. He has too much of an advantage on the feet for me to close the gap in that amount of time. So if I was him I'd spend the time closing the gap in my area.

GNPisking: Another ground and pound savage victory.

Michael Bostic: Thanks but I was hoping for my first submission victory but every thing was finding home with strikes and he was screaming in pain so if it's not broke don't fix it right?

• 4 weeks later...

Down to the final 3 Warriors! Below is the Fight Time Results as Harris Reed get's the Bye to the Final.

1. Harris Reed Total Fight Time 13:17

2. Michael Bostic Total Fight Time 23:10

3. Chukwu Adeoluwa Total Fight Time 31:48

Good Luck Gents, the Tournament final will be about a month after Round 4.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

BOW_Fina.jpg?width=400&height=225

On June 26th we will conclude the Birth of a Warrior tournament, and crown the Madness Featherweight champion in the process as well. We started with 24 of the badest Featherweights from around the globe and in the end I believe we got the best of the field in the Final. 

Harris Reed aka "The Grandmaster" stormed through his first three opponents, leaving each one in agonizing pain due to his arm wrenching BJJ skills. Reed disposed his first round opponent Dante Solomon after quickly realizing he was not ready for any type of striking warfare. He took Solomon down on his second Takedown attempt and from there it was a simple and quick game of chess of Harris. The fight ended with a Kimura Lock submission victory at 3:59 seconds of round one. In round two Harris met Exceptional Boxer Jeremy Moyna, and much like his previous bout, Reed was very tactical with his shots. He finally lands his 3rd attempt, as the fight closed in on the 2 minute mark. From there he easily transitioned his way to Armbar opportunity, and took full advantage of it forcing the Boxing phenom to tap at just 2:20 of round One. With competition now growing stronger, as the field is narrowed down to the final 6 competitors, Reed was pitted against his worse Nightmare a Bear Stevenson trained wrestler named Tourney Warrior. Wrestler vs Jiu Jitsu practitioner and as expected this one was all grappling. Harris managed to take down his opponent 2 out of 3 times and looked to be slightly ahead of Warrior heading into round two. This was Reeds first fight to go to round two, as he immediately shots and takes the wrestler down to start the round. Harris was one step ahead of Tourney Warrior as he inched closer and closer to the victory. "The Grandmaster" ended the bout with yet another Armbar Submission at the 1:52 mark of round two. With his third straight victory and the quickest fight time of the three remaining fighters, Harris Reed earned himself a bye to the final, as he waited patiently for his Finale opponent.

Chukwu Adeoluwa also known as "The Nigerian Dream" is an Imposing grappler and we learned very quickly he has some Ferocious Ground and Pound abilities. Chukwu kick-startded his Tourny run against Cameron White, and the fellow grappler was in for a battering here. After Dominating much of Round one Adeoluwa nearly finished this one with less then a minute to go, but White was able to survive. Round two though starts with a quick Takedown for Chukwu as he methodically moves into a dominat position, the end came at 3:56 of round two via TKO (strikes). Next up for the Nigerian was Moonlight Groundy, another balanced Grappler who just seemed to fall short of the the over powering Adeoluwa. After a Dominating round one for Chukwu, the Killer instinct came in to play, at the halfway point as he rained down the strikes until the Ref pealed him off the beaten Groundy. Round three was a bit of a test for Chukwu as he met a defensive grappler in Jim Lahey. This fight was not one for the fans, but Chuckwu did enough in rounds 1 and 2 too wrap up a 29-28 Unanimous Decision, and earning himself a shot in the semi Finals. Now down to the final three Warriors Chukwu would meet Michael Bostic another dangerous grappler as Harris gets the Bye. Bostic who was improving at a rapid rate throughout the tournament, looked to be Chukwu's toughest foe to date by far. Bostic was also on a tear winning his previous three BOW bouts by TKO or KO finish. The Fight was the exact opposite of what i expected though, as Adeoluwa completely shut down Bostic gaining a quick Takedown, and working himself into a deadly position where he landed 6/6 strikes.The fight was caped off with a devastating elbow that ends Bostic's run at just the 1:30 mark of the opening round. "The Nigerian Dream" left no doubts that he should be in the Final.

What a final as the field of 24 is down to the Final two warriors. Ground and Pound striker vs Submission Artist. Who will be the "One True Warrior"!

• Upvote 3