How’s my fighter lost this? “Comfortably”

MasterLeader

I’m not trying to be a sore loser here but just trying to understand the mechanics.

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1032020

Round 1 over 3 minutes on the ground half on the feet. My fighter did better on the ground but very little on the feet so fair enough my fighter lost.

Round 2 my fighter dominated and rightfully so won the round

Round 3 my fighter got a takedown into side control and spent at least half the fight on the opponents back (the most dangerous position there is on the ground). The opponent landed maybe 5 strikes the whole round and yet won the round “comfortably”? Can someone explain how in any way my opponent could win this round?

EDIT - Round 3 opponent landed 14 vs 1 ; maybe 2 or 3 big strikes and jabs / body punches ; is being on an opponents back not highly valued in this game?

EDIT 2 - Opponent landed 2 strikes in round 2 which by process of elimination means he landed only 6 strikes in the whole of round 1 and my fighter spent at least 3 minutes of round 1 in strong positions so that begs the question of how did the opponent win round 1 then? I can’t see how round 1 or 3 could be dominant at all. 

alaoui won that from what i read ( on the ground you need to land strikes or get the sub, standing shots weigh heavily towards winning as opposed TD spam from what I have seen)

However i have had fights where I have been on top and commentary called every round for my fighter but lost, that is where RNG comes in. Just like in real life you get robberies or a fighter wins a fight he wasnt good enough to but till gets the win somehow. Its all just numbers and percentages, even a 1% chance hits 1% of the time

9 hours ago, Gator001 said:

alaoui won that from what i read ( on the ground you need to land strikes or get the sub, standing shots weigh heavily towards winning as opposed TD spam from what I have seen)

However i have had fights where I have been on top and commentary called every round for my fighter but lost, that is where RNG comes in. Just like in real life you get robberies or a fighter wins a fight he wasnt good enough to but till gets the win somehow. Its all just numbers and percentages, even a 1% chance hits 1% of the time

Nakagawa looks towards his corner to check for any instructions. The corner give him nothing to work with, so he cracks Alaoui with a short hammerfist. I guess that's as good as any advice he could get in this position. 

How would you interpret this?

Anywho I’m not cutting this fighter. Impressed with his performance. Seems to have good chin and maximum confidence. I just can’t understand how my fighter can be in a controlling position for 3 minutes+ of round 1, absorb only 6 strikes and lose. And how he can be on the back for at least half of round 3 and lose, despite not getting rocked once.

57 minutes ago, barney said:

Lay N Pray was kinda OP back in 2009 (and maybe 10? dont remember) so point in here where nerfed. If you are not active and guy is more active or LANDS WITH MORE DAMAGE on the standing game, you will lose

Ok that makes sense. Annoying because it’s unrealistic. If I visualise this fight I cannot see anyone not thinking my fighter won based on the information I shared. I think my fighter could’ve won all 3 rounds, but thanks useful to understand the mechanics.

Going forward my fighter will be working on his GNP and throwing many more ground strikes.

Not unfair at all IMHO. Just read the fight.
Round 1 for the other guy. Round 2 for you.

Round 3 was 2.5 min striking, 2.5 min grappling. Just compare how many action lines there are at min 1 or 2 and how many lines at min4... Last min had only 5 actions... You outscored him on grappling? For sure. But the amount of points won there was small anyway.

Its like this fight had 30 points to be scored at first two and a half minutes and only 10 at last half. You won all 10 points from last half, but you lost first half 27-3... At the end of the round you are 27-13.

I gave him the round comfortably as well

2 hours ago, barney said:

Not unfair at all IMHO. Just read the fight.
Round 1 for the other guy. Round 2 for you.

Round 3 was 2.5 min striking, 2.5 min grappling. Just compare how many action lines there are at min 1 or 2 and how many lines at min4... Last min had only 5 actions... You outscored him on grappling? For sure. But the amount of points won there was small anyway.

Its like this fight had 30 points to be scored at first two and a half minutes and only 10 at last half. You won all 10 points from last half, but you lost first half 27-3... At the end of the round you are 27-13.

I gave him the round comfortably as well

But that’s not how I’m viewing it - I’m taking a step back and thinking holistically about the round. My guy was on his back for more than half of it and the other half he landed 14 strikes. I wouldn’t say that’s comfortable at all. Action lines don’t necessarily mean much. If a black belt fighter is on another fighter’s back doing nothing it is not irrelevant because he’s in the most dangerous position on the cusp of a finish. This is the sort of round where if it happened for 5 minutes could be viewed a 10-8. I don’t see how else a BJJ guy could ever win a round 10-8.

Round 1 on the other hand my fighter was only out struck 6-1 on the feet and spent at least 3 minutes on the ground. How can you tell me my guy lost that round?

As I said I think you can argue my fighter won all 3 rounds. Ignore the mechanics of the game and view this as if it was a real MMA fight.

But the purpose of this thread was to understand the mechanics which aren’t realistic in my opinion but good to know for the future.

Similar situation to one of my last fights. 1 round a piece going into the 3rd. I had a horrible tactic of spamming takedowns admittedly but spent ~2.5 mins in top control trying subs. In the stand-up my opponent landed 5 punches, I landed 2 with one of them "he seems a bit wobbly, but no". Yet opponent 'comfortably' won the round on all scorecards.

MMA Tycoon :: Mixed Martial Arts Game:: Play by Play Fight Commentary 

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1030555

My fighter won this luckily so not complaining here, but I’m interested to know how in a million years my fighter could’ve lost the first round (as per the commentary).

My fighter brutally dropped the opponent with a head kick and landed several strikes during the round. His opponent landed just  4 strikes and managed 2 takedowns, not advancing position once or landing 1 ground strike. How on earth can 2 takedowns with 0 ground work be better than getting stung on the feet and dropped?

2 hours ago, MasterLeader said:

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1030555

My fighter won this luckily so not complaining here, but I’m interested to know how in a million years my fighter could’ve lost the first round (as per the commentary).

My fighter brutally dropped the opponent with a head kick and landed several strikes during the round. His opponent landed just  4 strikes and managed 2 takedowns, not advancing position once or landing 1 ground strike. How on earth can 2 takedowns with 0 ground work be better than getting stung on the feet and dropped?

The counter knockdown is what made the round "close but Mazda will probably get the nod", otherwise he would have won that round reaaaaaly comfortably

4 hours ago, Xyel said:

The engine gives a bonus toward decision for being aggressive. It's especially visible in the last example, where Pollock was clearly set to very aggressive on the feet while Bronco wasn't moving much both on the feet and on the ground.

This, as I've said before. Hence why "Aggro Acc cheese" dominates end game sliding

10 hours ago, barney said:

The counter knockdown is what made the round "close but Mazda will probably get the nod", otherwise he would have won that round reaaaaaly comfortably

This, as I've said before. Hence why "Aggro Acc cheese" dominates end game sliding

So counter knockdowns are worthless? Man this game doesn’t make sense at times!

On 1/16/2021 at 5:13 AM, MasterLeader said:

So counter knockdowns are worthless? 

Counter Punching is super useful in 2021.

But like I think Action (or the young King) said it first you gotta have the right fighter with the right game plan in order to implement it properly. 

It took me many months, tests and sacks to understand and implement that phrase but I can definitely say this is now part of my strategy. 

It wasn't just adjusting primaries or secondaries like most people will say. It was completely re-structuring slider sets and training regiments. 

Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See | Holy City Sinner

The game has truly evolved in the past 8 months, just one look at the top 10 it's for the most part completely different managers with completely different game plans. 

On 1/18/2021 at 12:42 AM, barney said:

Can you read?

Oh I read the final “he” as my fighter, ie if it was a normal knockdown my fighter would’ve won reaaaaly comfortably.

So in response to your question yes I can read, but the “he” was ambiguous.