An interview with Manny Johnson

Curix

ZTJuI7A.jpg

An interview with Manny Johnson

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Manny Johnson

Manny "Thud" Johnson (345323)

Roman Benson: - Hello everyone, welcome to the show in the studio! Today I'm in Sydney. This city is beautiful. I really, really like travels. I'm Roman Benson, and I'm going to interview my special guest. He is a really, really talented guy. Undefeated IFA 205 Champ; undefeated Bloodbath 205 champ; undefeated WPFC 205 champ; undefeated SAFO 205 champ; SFL 205 champ. He is a Mixed Martial Artist fighter, Manny Johnson!
Hello, man. How you feel today?

Manny Johnson: - Yeah I am good Roman, have just finished a four-hour morning grappling and circuit session.

Roman Benson: - What we could hear now about your next fight? Who is going to be?

Manny Johnson: - We have accepted an offer to fight Jamie James (8-2) This is the second time this fight has been offered, but I believe SFL are waiting for his manager to get back as He has been away for a while.

Roman Benson: - Interesting... I would like to see this fight... You are really successful 24 years old young talent. Could you give some advices to young people who would like to start MMA career?

Manny Johnson: - Yes, I have had some good success throughout my career so far. The Key thing is work hard and move up slowly I think. We have gradually stepped up to stronger organizations each year which has allowed me to be very competitive at each level.

Roman Benson: - What is the story of your first MMA training?

Manny Johnson: - I started out as a kick boxer and did very well as an amateur fighter. I also have been boxing since I was 8 years old and have had good success there including a Golden Gloves title when I was 17.

Roman Benson: - Wow, 17... Impressive. What is your life's favorite history?

Manny Johnson: - Unfortunately my father was involved in the Dixie Mafia and was a major meth distributor in Arkansas. Because of this I became involved as a small-time dealer and runner due to my connections. Little Rock you have to make your own way no one gives you nothing, people living on the streets and in cars and abandoned buildings. A man has to make money.
A few years ago Pop was killed while serving his sentence in the Grimes unit. I knew then I had to get out.
I got lucky when I traveled to California and met up with P J Jones and Casper Timmermans at an MMA event in LA. They invited me to Sydney to train and offered me a training scholarship at Far-Q Elite MMA. The rest is history...

Roman Benson:  - Oh shit, man... You can write a book about this story... It could be a good criminal. Sport probably saved your life... What you think bout Sydney? I love this city...

Manny Johnson: - It’s a great place to live but more importantly the people that I train with make life great.

Roman Benson: - Understand. It's really important to have good people around. Have you got any big plans for the future?

Manny Johnson: - Well it has been a very big step up joining Stoner Fight League and so far I have had a lot of success including beating Jackson Trigger for the 205 title.
Unfortunately, I got stopped late by Lomax after winning the first 3 rounds comfortably. So, I lost the belt. It was a good lesson and part of my development. Lomax is one of the very best 205’ers on the planet. We learnt from that and will improve.

Roman Benson: - Dream place to train is?

Manny Johnson: - Sydney at Far-Q Elite as well as at our sister gym in Phuket Thailand.

Roman Benson: - Favorite fight of this year?

Manny Johnson: - Definitely winning the SFL Light Heavyweight title against Jackson Trigger. It showed I could mix it with the best.

Roman Benson: - Oh, I saw that fight... That fight was fucking awesome! What beer is your favorite?

Manny Johnson: - Melbourne Bitter – we call them red cans!

Roman Benson: - I must try this beer! Maybe even today! That was young talented fighter Manny Johnson. Thanks for the interview, mate. It was a really nice time. I hope you enjoyed as me and all listeners. Good luck to you and bye to all!
  • Upvote 3

• 2 months later...