Nominations: Breakthrough Manager of the Year 2020

TJMitchell

Well, that's exactly my point GWad.  I was being written off because I don't have any unrestricted fighters with win streaks.  The name of the award is Breakthough Manager of the year, and I would argue that I've shown more improvement from where I was at last year until now than any other manager in the game.  So I don't really expect their to be a specific guide for this award, but if that's the case then why would I be essentially DQ'd because I haven't played long enough to have several open ID guys.  

You are right in that there was no guidelines this year and that’s a pity.

i wanted to have some clear guidelines this year specifically for New and Breakthrough managers .

i see that we moved up the start date for new so that’s good ( I would have been ok last year to do that but it was only mentioned during the voting portion and not the discussion part so did not want to be results oriented ).

I’m honestly ok with anyone being nominated for any award given the 0 guidelines and the 4 week hiatus from even talking about the awards.

fir a while there I thought we would skip them altogether. 

cheers 

• Downvote 3

I think of these awards a lot like NFL awards.  

MVP - Manager of the Year

Rookie of the Year - New Manager of the Year

Most Improved Player - Breakthrough Manager of the Year

Not that it's a set guideline but it's kind of a summary of how I would perceive the awards.  Obviously I have not been playing long enough to have a solid grasp on what has been done in the past and how these work, exactly, so please forgive me lack of knowledge.  But I figure at least some of our managers would have an idea of what I think the awards stand/stood for with use of that reference.  

And just a thought.. what would it take to add a new award to the list?  Being as we've had so many return managers, what about a Returning Manager of the Year award being added this year, or at least discussed to be added for future?  

P.S.  And no, I didn't downvote that one.  lol

Hopefully the committee comes up with a clear criteria for 2021. Me personally I see the "breakthrough manager of the year" as a manager that is top 20 that has the potential in the next 3-9 months to challenge for the #1 spot for a significant period of time. Which means they have a lot of "breakthrough" prospects that are in the top 100 rankings and have at least a 2:1 ratio for fights in pay per view organizations. Then again though that is just my opinion. And I am not on the committee ATM.

3 hours ago, jjsquirrel said:

I simply see it as someone who came up from the lower ranks and made it to the point where they regularly compete with top managers during the year. I've been trying to mostly disregard hype as a measuring stick since I learned how much cheating there is around here.

Personally I find testing vs oneself (so as to not lose Hype during an L) and blatantly abusing the speedhack some of the worst kinds of cheating.

We know Mike wont put time into fixing these items thank God karma has a funny way of doing Mike's job :) 

Joe misses with a body punch
and Tohurt counters with a head kick from the bowels of hell that crumples Joe! This one is all over!

• Downvote 6

3 hours ago, TJMitchell said:

I always thought this award was pretty straight forward. That dude who sat 30,40,50 in the rankings but worked his way up to the top 10 or the dude who was 100,200 but made it to 20,30. Had that breakthrough year so to speak...

This

7 hours ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

Personally I find testing vs oneself (so as to not lose Hype during an L) and blatantly abusing the speedhack some of the worst kinds of cheating.

We know Mike wont put time into fixing these items thank God karma has a funny way of doing Mike's job :) 

Joe misses with a body punch
and Tohurt counters with a head kick from the bowels of hell that crumples Joe! This one is all over!

Sorry for biting on the trollbait here but cannot let it go unanswered when someone is calling me a cheater.

Full fight quoted above is here, in case anyone wants to research it and form their own opinion on my "cheating":

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1030729

15 hours ago, jjsquirrel said:

Sorry for biting on the trollbait here but cannot let it go unanswered when someone is calling me a cheater.

Full fight quoted above is here, in case anyone wants to research it and form their own opinion on my "cheating":

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1030729

Really should not have taken the bait. Just let the troll starve and die, ignore that sad excuse of manager

So the guy that quit the game a long time ago, came back and sat at 200-300ish for a while and of a sudden rushes into top20-40 is "breakthru of the year" material? I see ?

I'd nominate G Wad

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, barney said:

Really should not have taken the bait. Just let the troll starve and die, ignore that sad excuse of manager

So the guy that quit the game a long time ago, came back and sat at 200-300ish for a while and of a sudden rushes into top20-40 is "breakthru of the year" material? I see ?

I'd nominate G Wad

Lol tis an honor

• Upvote 2

On 12/28/2020 at 2:50 PM, jjsquirrel said:

I simply see it as someone who came up from the lower ranks and made it to the point where they regularly compete with top managers during the year. I've been trying to mostly disregard hype as a measuring stick since I learned how much cheating there is around here.

Probably a stupid question, but I’m a scrub noob so I’ll ask. How are people cheating? Multi accounts and such?

Not sure if he has already been nominated but I think consideration could go to Theksit Ruengruong? From what I can see has patiently built up his stable from around 315k to fight and win titles in top Open ID orgs as well as participating and winning titles in ID restricted orgs. That and he just hit a career best of #2 at the time of writing.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Not sure if he has already been nominated but I think consideration could go to Theksit Ruengruong? From what I can see has patiently built up his stable from around 315k to fight and win titles in top Open ID orgs as well as participating and winning titles in ID restricted orgs. That and he just hit a career best of #2 at the time of writing.

Second this 100%

• Upvote 1

On 12/29/2020 at 3:06 AM, TJMitchell said:

I always thought this award was pretty straight forward. That dude who sat 30,40,50 in the rankings but worked his way up to the top 10 or the dude who was 100,200 but made it to 20,30. Had that breakthrough year so to speak...

This is what i always saw this award as being. 

• Upvote 2