Nominations: Breakthrough Manager of the Year 2020

TJMitchell

Thank you guys for the nominations!  That means a lot to me, the respect of peers is a high honor for me, so thank you.  Trying to lock down this 1st place finish for league 1 of pyramid league as we close out the year to add to my resume!  lol  Thank you so much guys, this is like my own little Christmas gift.

23 minutes ago, Bleakardor said:

Thank you guys for the nominations!  That means a lot to me, the respect of peers is a high honor for me, so thank you.  Trying to lock down this 1st place finish for league 1 of pyramid league as we close out the year to add to my resume!  lol  Thank you so much guys, this is like my own little Christmas gift.

Settle down and quit it with the speeches, ya haven't won anything yet buster! LOL!!!  ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

We might have a situation this year (and it would totally make sense) where it's gonna be very hard to find a suitable Breakthrough Manager of the Year following last year where it was hard to find a New Manager of the Year (happy we found the young King tho as he is exceptional).

For the record, had Hei Long not been nominated last year for New Manager of the Year I would have been 100% Ok with simply forfeiting the award just like I would be Ok with doing so this year for Breakthrough where, as mentioned above, it's gonna be extremely hard to justify awarding this to managers barely competing at unrestricted levels.

Breakthrough is a tough award to award because imho you need some solid fighters in your roster winning at unrestricted plus 1st place finishes in creation tourneys (which may or may not be organized at all ) plus maybe a good show on the Island but all this without having reached top 5 in years past (or top 3 or top 10, like I said this is a tough one).

This year we do have some interesting New Managers and definitely a 3 (or 4) way battle at Manager of the Year award unlike last year where meself and Action pretty much hogged 2/3 top awards so lots to look for.

My vote would be to forfeit this award but if not my vote is for Hei Long King as he has continued with his destruction of pretty much everyone on his path to the top.

Everyone else is too new or has not performed yet even at intermediate levels, I mean by this: either top 330-340-350k orgs and held belts or held+ defended a belt in a top 10 org. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

I don't say this too often but Camara has a point. Nevertheless, one top 100 fighter on a win streak is good. But not enough for me to win Breakthrough Manager Of the Year. If I had 5 fighters on A.D.A's level then perhaps I would have an argument. In my opinion JW is more deserving. He has active fighters in unrestricted organizations. I don't.

Steve Harvey announces the wrong name - Album on Imgur

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

Settle down and quit it with the speeches, ya haven't won anything yet buster! LOL!!!  ?

I'm just honored to be nominated man.  Respect amongst peers (rather you like me or not) is a big deal to me.  Which is obvious from past actions, and above post, that Camara has not a single drop of respect for me.  I've tried to burry the hatchet, but I guess he'll never move on from whatever I did to piss him off.

I do not, however, disagree with his point of top end competition and proving at that level.  But I do not see where breakthrough manager of the year award is defined as limited to 2-3 year vets minimum requirements.  Unless I pick up a bunch of FA fighters to fight at an unrestricted org, I couldn't possibly qualify for this?  Honestly, I would think that having almost all of my fighters, and every one of my most successful fighters, being home grown creations that I trained up would be more impressive than riding the coat tail of another managers released fighters that are older and already trained up.  This tells me that your only true consideration for this award is slider fu, because the sliders and hiddens are the absolute most important values when you get to the open ID mark.  I would have thought that this award encompasses as the name suggests.  Breakthrough manager, as in all manager aspects.  I've fought to #7 in rankings, I sit at 1st in pyramid league over the veterans who you put above me, and I've managed to do this with the disadvantage of the opponent hype bonus awarded in that system.  So I guess I always thought I had to be doing something right.

If you don't vote for me, fine.  I have no problem with that.  But please, clarify what this award is for because I obviously have no idea what the qualifications, expectations, and parameters of this award are.  I would at least think if I'm not eligible for this award, I would have been eligible for new manager.  Just because I created my account a few months before I started playing it.. but meh, it is what it is.  Sorry for the rant guys, I'm done.  Just confused.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

I'm just honored to be nominated man.  Respect amongst peers (rather you like me or not) is a big deal to me.  Which is obvious from past actions, and above post, that Camara has not a single drop of respect for me.  I've tried to burry the hatchet, but I guess he'll never move on from whatever I did to piss him off.

My comment had nothing to do with you or your performance this year (which I honestly don't follow).

My comment was just based on someone nominating Action (again, nothing against him just the fact that him and me broke through before) and me realizing this year it's gonna be slim pickins.

I have nothing personal against you. I simply didn't want to sign my 350k fighters at Hardcore after your matchmaker (was it that moron  Igor? I honestly can't remember and really don't care) was negotiating fights with possible contenders in other orgs while Wolf was the champ.

I did leave the org with the belt but only after my inactivity date expired.  It was honestly meant to create some fun drama and I fully expected you and I to further negotiate but it just happened to be while you were not on your weed medication so you stripped the belt immediately and came up with some story about how I was afraid to fight Alex's now failed 350k fighter or some stuff like that.

I'm gonna spell it to you now (after all these months so you can understand):  Wolf was your defending champion, after beating Vanorden and Bizihwale and I was training up his transitions and physicals (which was required in my opinion to face his next contender)... meanwhile Igor was negotiating a title fight with a fighter 1) not in the org and 2) without your champion's knowledge.

At my level I take my fighter's training very serious. Training elite fighters is not a one-size fits all solution.

So while my opponent knew he was going to fight me with easily 3-4 weeks notice (and training his defensive grappling / escapes no doubt) I was about to get a fight against him with 8 days notice (Igor was gonna book us right after my next defense) and thinking I was fighting the next guy on the roster.

See, I should have been getting his striking defense to elite and maybe start on his boxing sparring but I was completely blindsided by Igor's idiocy and your need for the highest Hype fights possible (your words after you sided with Igor and Alex).

I have nothing against you personally it was just a shitty situation for me at the time since you guys were willing to throw your champ under the bus to attract a hyped cookie cutter build contender.  If I remember correctly he had just gotten his purple belt, it was a lose - lose situation for me. 

In the end your org did well and so did my fighters.

Consider your imaginary hatchet buried.

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

///

And I am still confused on what "Breakthrough manager" means, exactly I think.  What does the council look for with this award?  Is it like the CFP where it just depends on who feels what, or is it based on a set of guidelines of accomplishments?

It is an award for the manager who made the most progress this year. That does not stay limited to only the fighting aspect (altough that remains the most measurable/comparabel part), but also goes for the business aspect of the game. Ideally, it is a combination of both. I hope that his clarifies it for you. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

I'd go into more detail on this but it's not the place.  All in the past and can stay there for all I care.  I just don't want to be discriminated against based on personal issues as you said back then you would do.

And I am still confused on what "Breakthrough manager" means, exactly I think.  What does the council look for with this award?  Is it like the CFP where it just depends on who feels what, or is it based on a set of guidelines of accomplishments?

This has always been one of the most subjective awards. Years ago I argued it should be removed. I wouldn't have thought of Andy if someone else hadn't brought up his name tbh. And now hearing Theksit come up and seeing all the success he's had this year, I agree he could be a great candidate too but honestly I have no idea what/how he was doing before this year so is he breakthrough? I don't know.

But if you're asking whether a browser game with a user base circa 1000 has a strict and we'll defined rubric for judging end of year awards, come on lol.

• Upvote 1