Camp League 2021

MasterLeader

Fallen Angel & I have agreed to run Camp League again in 2021.

For those who haven’t heard of Camp League, this was an annual competition we ran which revolves around strategy. Fundamentally, you have a pot of cash and there is a draft which takes place, whereby you select fighters and their price is based on their rank. You then get a score based on certain parameters (eg win % ; record ; camp values ; etc...)

This was the 2019 thread (which includes all the rules):

With the first UFC event of 2021 being on Jan 16th I would suggest commencing the draft on 2nd January which would give us enough time to gauge interest, establish rules and select fighters which normally takes a while.

If you’re interested please comment below and if you have any rule suggestions we will consider them, but please only active members as it is very frustrating when people drop out early on and their fighters are locked up.

Entry Fee = $20,000

Thanks for your time!

Current Participants:

1. MasterLeader

2. FallenAngel

3. Gator001

4. Gonzasco

5. The1rstSaint

6. Runt

7. Popart

Prize fund:

Runt - $720,000

MasterLeader - $55,000 (+ whatever it takes to get the fund up to $1mill)

Fallen Angel - $20,000

Gator001 - $20,000

Gonzasco - $20,000

The1rstSaint - $20,000

Popart - $20,000

Total - $875,000 ($1,000,000 after I top it up)

• Upvote 3

Awesome just a couple entries left and then we can get the ball rolling!

Is everyone happy with the rules? Will consider rule changes also if reasonable.

I’m thinking of doing a raffle for draft order on 30th December which gives each participant a couple days to establish picking preferences if that works?

I have created a really sophisticated excel template which can calculate scores and automatically update totals for each event. 

This should lead to less inaccuracies and quicker score updating :)

For those that like excel I have attached a screenshot of part of the model (blurry due to size restrictions but i'll happily send to anyone to validate also).

This is the formula for calculating Show money = =IF(K2="Double Champ",30000,IF(K2="Champ",20000,IF(K2="Top 5",10000,IF(K2="Top 10",5000,IF(K2="Top 15",3000,IF(K2="Unranked",2000,"NA"))))))

• Upvote 3

Does anyone have any preference re when the draft commences? 2nd Jan okay?

I just reviewed the 10 participants from 2019 Camp League and at least 5 were inactive for most of the season so I’m glad we’ve now got a strong list of genuine contributors.

I think optimal number is 8 but I’m not gonna compromise and let anyone join unless numerous people can vouch for them. Does anyone have any sources?

1 hour ago, Gator001 said:

ill ask in my alliance

Legend!

The draft itself should run smoother now we don't have any ringers this year! 

We'll have to set a rule like you have up to 6 hours to make a selection and if you miss the deadline then you can make a pick on your return. If however you are going to be away for longer than 6 hours (eg asleep / work), then send a list of your next 2 picks to a nominated individual who can then pick on your behalf. 

EDIT: 

Draft Rules

Saturday 26th December - Deadline for sign ups

Sunday 27th December - Draft order announced

Saturday 2nd January - Draft commences (4pm GMT ; 11am EST)

- Each player will start with $200,000 to recruit at least 4 fighters to start with (see rules attached above for pricing mechanism)

- Players will take turns choosing their fighters until rosters are filled up or no one has any money left

- A minimum of $150,000 must be spent during the draft, however you don't have to spend all your moolah (assuming you have drafted at least 4 fighters)

- When it is your turn to make a selection you have up to 6 hours to make a selection. Once this 6 hour window has elapsed the next participant can make a selection and you are eligible to pick on your return. Obviously 6 hours can be difficult where you need to sleep or work and therefore you are able in advance to privately send your next 2 picks to a nominated individual who can announce your pick on your behalf. 

- If you miss two deadlines in a row then you will be skipped until you return and make a pick on time

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is everyone okay with the above? Happy to tweak the rule re selection deadline if anyone has any better ideas. Likewise the draft commencement date.

Runt has kindly volunteered to donate $720,000 to the prize fund!

I’ll top up whatever the prize fund is once entries are confirmed to $1,000,000

We can work out prize money closer to the time but depending on # of participants I’d suggest:

1 - $800,000

2 - $180,000

3 - $20,000 (entry fee returned)