Gifs for sale (200k)

JB90

NOTE - There is an absolute deluge of really long animated gif avatars and I don't like them, so please stop submitting them until I have accepted / rejected some, so you can see where the line is...
I don't want you guys to waste your time and I don't want to get into an argument about what is an isn't over the line again.... But essentially, people are picking the avatar face that looks the most human again (loads of them look like the same avatar is being used), and is making all these gifs look as human as possible again... As nice as anything looks, if it just looks like a gif of a real life dude, it's not going to get accepted. THEY ARE MEANT TO LOOK LIKE AVATARS, NOT REAL PEOPLE. Please keep these gifs SHORT and make sure they actually look like an avatar face. If they don't, then they won't get passed. Choose a more obviously avatar face. The less animation of the actual face the better... You MIGHT get passed if you have a moving mouth or eyes but it makes it less likely, because that stuff makes it look too real. All the stuff in the guide below.

Mike just add a note after people start submit these GIFs. Just so you know and pick better base GIFs

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, barney said:

NOTE - There is an absolute deluge of really long animated gif avatars and I don't like them, so please stop submitting them until I have accepted / rejected some, so you can see where the line is...
I don't want you guys to waste your time and I don't want to get into an argument about what is an isn't over the line again.... But essentially, people are picking the avatar face that looks the most human again (loads of them look like the same avatar is being used), and is making all these gifs look as human as possible again... As nice as anything looks, if it just looks like a gif of a real life dude, it's not going to get accepted. THEY ARE MEANT TO LOOK LIKE AVATARS, NOT REAL PEOPLE. Please keep these gifs SHORT and make sure they actually look like an avatar face. If they don't, then they won't get passed. Choose a more obviously avatar face. The less animation of the actual face the better... You MIGHT get passed if you have a moving mouth or eyes but it makes it less likely, because that stuff makes it look too real. All the stuff in the guide below.

Mike just add a note after people start submit these GIFs. Just so you know and pick better base GIFs

Mike is having a field day with raining on peoples game experience of late.  But honestly, he's been bitching about avatars for a while so can't fault him for calling this out.  But I strongly disagree with them all looking the same.  I've seen a ton of them and don't think they all look the same.  But, when they are longer like that, the facial image isn't as clear and I can see where that would be an issue.

• Upvote 2

You can see his "guideline" and the thread that lead to that guideline existence tho that "reality" avs was not something he wanted.
This is not a new thing, we have Fletch's avs (i have a few of them) that were pretty much realistic, just not GIFs.
They were a clear example of what Mike DID NOT wanted for his game. And we see people coming in here and saying the same thing.
I also disagree with all of them looking the same, but I understand what he is saying and I'm even surprised/disappointed** he approved some of them. You either dont make this note and approve and set this as "Ok, this pass" or you DONT approve and make a note so people understand why.
Approving some, declining others and saying "This is auto decline material" is exactly the kind of erratic, unpredictable behaviour that caused all managers to bitch about a lack of guideline...

*Not because I wanted PJ to be fucked, Im gald he is doing fine, game needs more designers and more activity. But lack of consistency by Mike actually hurts this area of the game in the long run.

1 hour ago, JB90 said:

Ive seen it mate , i have a way to make it more like an avatar .?

Good for ya mate, I hope we can see a lot of your work in the months to come.

4 hours ago, barney said:

You can see his "guideline" and the thread that lead to that guideline existence tho that "reality" avs was not something he wanted.
This is not a new thing, we have Fletch's avs (i have a few of them) that were pretty much realistic, just not GIFs.
They were a clear example of what Mike DID NOT wanted for his game. And we see people coming in here and saying the same thing.
I also disagree with all of them looking the same, but I understand what he is saying and I'm even surprised/disappointed** he approved some of them. You either dont make this note and approve and set this as "Ok, this pass" or you DONT approve and make a note so people understand why.
Approving some, declining others and saying "This is auto decline material" is exactly the kind of erratic, unpredictable behaviour that caused all managers to bitch about a lack of guideline...

*Not because I wanted PJ to be fucked, Im gald he is doing fine, game needs more designers and more activity. But lack of consistency by Mike actually hurts this area of the game in the long run.

Good for ya mate, I hope we can see a lot of your work in the months to come.

hopfully this looks more like an avatar

previous

ezgif.com-gif-maker_70.gif

new one

ezgif.com-gif-maker_81.gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker_75.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, JB90 said:

hopfully this looks more like an avatar

previous

ezgif.com-gif-maker_70.gif

new one

ezgif.com-gif-maker_81.gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker_75.gif

First one still mouth moving and too realistic, which is what Mike complained.

Second one is borderline but IMO its enough to look avatar. Realistic, but you can still see some avatar in it. Its gray area that is gonna give you headache dealing with Mike.

I have a realistic avatar made from Fletch that was used as example at the guideline

image.png.46d2281482c296791a2c76ffe8282e12.png

Also from guideline:

image.png.7f316bd5b5726bae723867cf04949924.png

Mix this with this passage from the note: "You MIGHT get passed if you have a moving mouth or eyes but it makes it less likely, because that stuff makes it look too real. "

Sincere recommendation from someone that been there and done that, forget about moving any base GIF with moving mouth, just pick another picture.

• Upvote 2