Combate - Official Thread

DRussellMMA

image.png.02db9683b55d37c323a57b409eb80e9a.png

Welcome (finally) to the official thread of Combate. The rebirth of the brand established back in 2017 has begun, with the organisation delivering top quality events week in and week out in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Champions

Super Heavyweight: Wolfgang Muller (2 defenses)

Heavyweight: Tobig Tofail (1 defense)

Light Heavyweight: Mohammed Kahn (2 defenses)

Middleweight: Vacant (0 defenses) 

Welterweight: Jensen Chelios (0 defenses)

Lightweight: Jacque Joteel (2 defenses)

Featherweight: Yuro Nagasaki (0 defenses)

Bantamweight: Eduardo Corassa (0 defenses)

Records

Fastest KO: Tapu Koko 0:05 (vs. John Mongrel at Combate 16) 

Fastest Submission: Boris Matusov 0:18 (vs. Guido Turturro at Combate 13)

Longest Individual Title Reign: Chris Steve (7 defenses)

• Upvote 5

Alejandro Scott  was once the favorite prospect of popart's mentor-  Scott finds himself at the Yellow Lotus camp as a mentor to the younger fighters and now Light Heavyweight champion at Combate. Near retirement, Scott has loved the final rendezvous of his career, surrounded by the beautiful women and vast beaches of Brasil. 

scott.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The latest edition of the Combate rankings is released, following the conclusion of the promotion's first PPV; Combate 7, which saw some blockbuster fights with new contenders emerging across 7 weights classes! 

Bantamweight
Champion: Ma Moru
#1 - Gale Snoats (#1)
#2 - Eduardo Corassa (#3) 
#3 - Hratch Tzien (#4) 
#4 - Lorne Malvo (#2)
#5 - Aaron McGinnis (NR)

Featherweight
Champion: Vacant
#1 - Shin Shin Crayola (#1)
#2 - Khakim Khadzhimurad (#2)
#3 - Caio Bottura (#5)
#4 - Nathan Wallace (#4)
#5 - Roger Dawson (NR)

Lightweight
Champion: Sultan Figueroa 
#1 - Jermaine Camacho
#2 - Johnny Guatar
#3 - Royal Pain
#4 - Pinchi Puto
#5 - Mini Stipe

Welterweight
Champion: Vacant
#1 - Boris Matusov
#2 - Adonis Stevenson
#3 - Guido Turturro
#4 - Khru Jako
#5 - Rip Snorten

Middleweight
Champion: Sergei Martynov 
#1 - Arthur Morgan
#2 - Michel Pereira 
#3 - Alexander Pichushkin
#4 - Don Stewart
#5 - Pat Yaj

Light Heavyweight
Champion: Alejandro Scott
#1 - Rahim Shabazz (#2)
#2 - Kazuma Kuwabara (#1)
#3 - Dom Severini (NR)
#4 - Tomomisan Tsuruta (#4)
#5 - Boo Lee (NR)

Heavyweight
Champion: David Tua
#1 - Maxim Menshikov (#1)
#2 - Inspektor Gee (#3)
#3 - Takashi Shimura (#2)
#4 - Sven Svensson (#4)
#5 - Karim Johnson (NR)

*From this week - any ranked fighter must have competed under the Combate promotion. With two events this week... we could see BIG movements across the board! 

D

• Upvote 1

The latest edition of the Combate rankings is released, following the conclusion of a double header of events this week, with Combate Fight Night 6 headlined by two bantamweight prospects and Combate 8 featuring a blockbuster main event.

Bantamweight
Champion: Gale Snoats ?
#1 - Eduardo Corassa ⬆️1
#2 - Ma Moru ⬇️2
#3 - Hratch Tzien ⬅️
#4 - Lorne Malvo ⬅️
#5 - Aaron McGinnis ⬅️

Featherweight
Champion: Khakim Khadzhimurad ?
#1 - Caia Bottura ⬆️2
#2 - Shin Shin Crayola ⬇️1
#3 - Nathan Wallace  ⬆️1
#4 - Roger Dawson  ⬆️1
#5 - Vladimir Tomcic  ⬆️NR

Lightweight
Champion: Sultan Figueroa ?
#1 - Jermaine Camacho ⬅️
#2 - Johnny Guatar ⬅️
#3 - Royal Pain ⬅️
#4 - Pinchi Puto ⬅️
#5 - Mini Stipe ⬅️

Welterweight
Champion: Vacant ?
#1 - Boris Matusov ⬅️
#2 - Adonis Stevenson ⬅️
#3 - Khru Jako ⬆️1
#4 - Guido Turturro ⬇️1
#5 - Rip Snorten ⬅️

Middleweight
Champion: Sergei Martynov ?
#1 - Arthur Morgan ⬅️
#2 - Michel Pereira ⬅️
#3 - Alexander Pichushkin ⬅️
#4 - Don Stewart ⬅️
#5 - Pat Yaj ⬅️

Light Heavyweight
Champion: Alejandro Scott ?
#1 - Rahim Shabazz ⬅️
#2 - Kazuma Kuwabara ⬅️
#3 - Dom Severini ⬅️
#4 - Tomomisan Tsuruta ⬅️
#5 - Johnny Lydon ⬆️NR

Heavyweight
Champion: David Tua ?
#1 - Maxim Menshikov ⬅️
#2 - Inspektor Gee ⬅️
#3 - Sven Svensson ⬆️1
#4 - Takashi Shimura ⬇️1
#5 - Karim Johnson ⬅️

This week's action sees Combate 9, headlined by a heavyweight title eliminator contest between Maxim Menshikov and Evaristo Jesus, alongside Sergei Martynov's first middleweight title defence against Arthur Morgan. 

15277189553957.gif

Evaristo Jesus

32-12-0

Having spent most of my life at 185lbs, I beefed up heavily when growing older and made it to HW. 
I had mixed results, but at age 36, I feel ready for a now or never scenario. 

Menshikov poses a great challenge for me, and a win could open some big doors for me at Combate. 
I will make sure that I give it my best and if I fail, then I should have nothing to be ashamed about.

• Like 1

image.png.92ff8565d76bcb35baf3059c30a2b5ba.png

David Tua (c)

After 24 fights in the GAMMA promotion, a lot of people said I couldn't compete at the top table of 265lbs. 

I was knocked out THREE times in the opening round, and people said my career was over.

Just months later, after three first round knockouts of my own and aged 39... I'm the best I've ever been, on the sands of Rio and in Combate.

After beating Takashi Shimura and retaining my belt, I'm ready to take on the winner of Maxim Menshikov vs. Evaristo Jesus at the start of 2021.

To all my fans, oute alofa ia oe! ??

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2020 at 12:56 PM, DRussellMMA said:

image.png.92ff8565d76bcb35baf3059c30a2b5ba.png

David Tua (c)

After 24 fights in the GAMMA promotion, a lot of people said I couldn't compete at the top table of 265lbs. 

I was knocked out THREE times in the opening round, and people said my career was over.

Just months later, after three first round knockouts of my own and aged 39... I'm the best I've ever been, on the sands of Rio and in Combate.

After beating Takashi Shimura and retaining my belt, I'm ready to take on the winner of Maxim Menshikov vs. Evaristo Jesus at the start of 2021.

To all my fans, oute alofa ia oe! ??

15277189553957.gif

Evaristo Jesus

33-12-0

I felt confident going into the Menshikov fight, knowing fully well that it would not be easy, but that I was up for the challenge. The fight when pretty much exactly as planned, leading to a brutal uppercut KO in the second round. I might be old, but I still have a thing to two to say when put into an octagon. 

With my win, I have earned at your belt, something I am very much lookkng forward to. Once again, I know that a sturdy roadblock is in my way, but that I can still cut through most roadblocks put in front of me. I wish you happy holidays with your family, a bloody good title fight and a drink or two post-fight! 

• Like 2

Another Combate rankings Monday is upon us! After the conclusion of Combate 9, the middleweight throne remained in the hands of Sergei Martynov, who stopped the previously undefeated Arthur Morgan after just 2:42 of the opening round. The main event featured a heavyweight title eliminator between Evaristo Jesus and Maximum Menshikov, with the Brazilian picking up a huge victory with just over a minute to go in the second round. With three bouts at welterweight and three at middleweight, the rankings have been vastly affected at 170 and 185lbs!

Bantamweight
#1 - Eduardo Corassa ⬅️
#2 - Ma Moru ⬅️
#3 - Hratch Tzien ⬅️
#4 - Lorne Malvo ⬅️
#5 - Aaron McGinnis ⬅️

Featherweight
#1 - Caia Bottura ⬅️
#2 - Shin Shin Crayola ⬅️
#3 - Nathan Wallace  ⬅️
#4 - Roger Dawson  ⬅️
#5 - Vladimir Tomcic  ⬅️

Lightweight
#1 - Jermaine Camacho ⬅️
#2 - Johnny Guatar ⬅️
#3 - Royal Pain ⬅️
#4 - Pinchi Puto ⬅️
#5 - Mini Stipe ⬅️

Welterweight
#1 - Adonis Stevenson ⬆️1
#2 - Khru Jako ⬆️1
#3 - Guido Turturro ⬆️1
#4 - Louis Princip ⬆️NR
#5 - Cross A Zoo ⬆️NR

Middleweight
#1 - Don Stewart ⬆️3
#2 - Alexander Pichushkin ⬆️1
#3 - Arthur Morgan ⬇️2
#4 - Michel Pereira ⬇️2
#5 - Pat Yaj ⬆️NR

Light Heavyweight
Champion: Alejandro Scott ?
#1 - Rahim Shabazz ⬅️
#2 - Kazuma Kuwabara ⬅️
#3 - Dom Severini ⬅️
#4 - Tomomisan Tsuruta ⬅️
#5 - Johnny Lydon ⬆️NR

Heavyweight
Champion: David Tua ?
#1 - Evaristo Jesus ⬆️NR
#2 - Maxim Menshikov ⬇️1
#3 - Inspektor Gee ⬇️1
#4 - Sven Svensson ⬇️1
#5 - Takashi Shimura ⬇️1

This week's action sees Combate Fight Night 7 from the Hard Knocks in Rio; with clashes across 6 weight clashes, culminating in a mouth-watering light heavyweight affair between Dom Severini and Samuel Pereira Carvalho!

• 2 weeks later...

15277189553957.gif

Evaristo Jesus

34-12-0

Jesus plants his feet and throws a 3 punch combo. Miss, miss, boom! The third punch, a big right hook, connects right on the temple and drops Tua to the mat, unconscious! This fight is all over! Tua just couldn't keep out of the way of the whole flurry of punches!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:52 of round 1, we have a winner by way of KO (Punches). Evaristo Jesus!
Evaristo Jesus is the new heavyweight champion!
Evaristo Jesus decided to go for the less than humble approach in his post fight interview, telling everyone how he is going to conquer the world. The crowd seemed to like it when really that sort of approach could have gone either way.

• Like 1

Combate's rankings are back! Extended to ten places per division, we've reset the rankings for 2021 following a number of events over the festive period, resulting in new champions and contenders emerging across the weight classes of Rio's premier fighting organisation.

Bantamweight
#1 - Eduardo Corassa
#2 - Dom Cruz
#3 - Lester Burnham
#4 - JoJo Diaz
#5 - Detkhunjon Sitsongrit
#6 - Aaron McGinnis
#7 - Ma Moru
#8 - Hratch Tzien
#9 - Desmond Fairbanks
#10 - Alex Murray

Featherweight
#1 - Caio Bottura
#2 - Nathan Wallace
#3 - Vladimir Tomcic
#4 - Shin Shin Crayola
#5 - Roger Dawson 
#6 - Manny Perez
#7 - Sergei Ulatov
#8 - Showtime Sitsongrit
#9 - Crush Bandicoot
#10 - Ron Gon

Lightweight
#1 - Johnny Guatar
#2 - Steve Butabi
#3 - Koichi Kamei
#4 - Alexander Tverdovskiy
#5 - Jah Wobble 
#6 - Charlie Darwin
#7 - Sampson Shain
#8 - Darry Curtis
#9 - Pinchi Puto
#10 - Arod Doyea

Welterweight
#1 - Adonis Stevenson
#2 - Khru Jako
#3 - Rip Snorten
#4 - Guido Turturro
#5 - Bobby Bobblehead 
#6 - Cross A Zoo
#7 - Boris Matusov
#8 - Hugh Honey
#9 - Sharven Sheven
#10 - Poseidon Gonzalez

Middleweight
#1 - Don Stewart
#2 - Arthur Morgan
#3 - Michel Pereira
#4 - Pat Yaj
#5 - Gene Parmesan
#6 - Alexander Pichushkin
#7 - Zoran Paunovic
#8 - Emil Marinov
#9 - Ricardo Cruz
#10 - Barry McCockiner

Light Heavyweight
Champion: Rahim Shabazz ?
#1 - Kazuma Kuwabara
#2 - Ryan Dinu
#3 - Johnny Lydon
#4 - Yka Sonni
#5 - Fanta Coco
#6 - Gauthier Delisle
#7 - Boo Lee
#8 - Tomomisan Tsuruta
#9 - Jami Jarr
#10 - Kosuke Ishimura

Heavyweight
Champion: Evaristo Jesus ?
#1 - Maxim Menshikov
#2 - Kai Raymaker
#3 - Karim Johnson
#4 - Inspektor Gee
#5 - Knock Out 
#6 - David Tua
#7 - Karim Johnson
#8 - Grant Alyoshin
#9 - Sven Svensson
#10 - Takashi Shimura

• Upvote 2

image.png.1426d80d6def15c88a27decd2997310a.png

Combate 12: Mongrel vs. Krylov

Presented by HELLBENT & Combate Bet

Saturday 9th January, 8PM

Live only on PPV

Middleweight Main Event: John Mongrel (15-4) vs. Ivan Krylov (11-6)

image.png.dd9b92e6ad17e2f2f8992004537be206.pngimage.png.d42c5ef6dfc5ceffdcbe23108079c25d.png

South Africa's middleweight prospect John Mongrel has achieved a lot already in his young career, despite only recently turning twenty-one. Eyebrows were raised as Mongrel joined the open ID ranks of Rio's number one organisation Combate following his near-perfect stint on 'The Island' which saw him crowned the number one ranked fighter in his weight class, and loser only to Stan Shamrock in the semi-final stage, no disgrace for such a young competitor. 

For Mongrel, the beginning of his stint at Combate was all about two contests; Warrant Officer and Stan Shamrock. Both held wins over the South African previously and both were potential trilogy fights, somewhat fitting for the beaches of Rio de Janeiro following Island life. It couldn't get much more dominant for Mongrel, as he smashed his way past both Officer and then Shamrock inside the opening rounds of their respective bouts to affirm himself as the greatest middleweight 'The Island' has ever produced.

Mongrel has come a long way from his rocky beginnings after going 0-2 at the start of his professional MMA career, and now a new challenge has emerged for 'The Mauler' in the form of 'The Russian Bear' Ivan Krylov.

Dagestani-born, Sochi-raised Ivan Krylov stunned the MMA world after making his post-Island debut at heavyweight after previously competing at welterweight. Even more stunning was his first round KO over the highly-rated Gavin Burns. Krylov's highly entertaining style has earned him vast popularity amongst fans worldwide, despite struggling to string a run of victories together. 

After heavyweight success, a drop down to light heavyweight failed to yield a victory over impressive Island graduate Tapu Koku, who put Krylov away in just under a minute. 'The Russian Bear' will hope his middleweight debut can claim a huge scalp over Mongrel at the RedeemerArena in front of a packed crowd. 

Light Heavyweight Co-Main Event: Tapu Koko (16-5) vs. Stan Shamrock (14-4)

image.png.c365319c2d7e594b9e93167f973ded45.pngimage.png.56d91268a61f5d7795fd6b286358d54c.png

The co-main event at Combate 12 also pits two Island graduates head to head, this time at 205lbs with Tapu Koko looking to continue his impressive post-Island form against middleweight Island winner Stan Shamrock.

New Zealand's own Tapu Koko, aptly nicknamed 'The Island Guardian' has kicked off his Combate career in perfect fashion, with two first-round victories over John Ishmael and one half of the main event in Ivan Krylov. Koko's stock continues to rise, with the Las Vegas-based twenty-eight-year-old making Rio de Janeiro a happy hunting ground. His growing popularity has ensured Combate plan to visit Las Vegas for Combate 19, with Koko and his management team having one eye on the recent signing of James Mckean, a man who the New Zealander has fought twice, with the score even at one win a piece. 

First things first though, Koko must overcome Stan Shamrock. Moving up from middleweight for his debut at 205lbs, it was always expected that Shamrock could in fact drop down to welterweight, but a new dawn is expected for the Australian who has taken the toughest challenge available in his new weight class.

After losing his trilogy bout with John Mongrel on his Combate debut, Shamrock will be hoping to find a new lease of life at Combate 12. The last time Shamrock lost, it did spur a five-fight winning streak that saw him clinch 'The Island' middleweight crown. 

Combate Bantamweight Championship: Gale Snoats © (22-11) vs. Eduardo Corassa (14-4) 

image.png.fda309935dc855d37f8024462c9cf6c7.pngimage.png.dac2dde488d7bc77a41e806e2e30c0e0.png

The Combate Bantamweight Championship is on the line in a mouth watering USA vs. Brazil clash in Rio de Janeiro, with Gale Snoats hoping to become the first man to defend Combate's 135lbs crown. 

Arizona's Snoats clinched the title on his promotional debut following the purchase of Limitless with a fifth round stoppage after an epic back-and-forth with Ma Moru. The 38-year-old has enjoyed a promising return to the bantamweight division after a featherweight stint, but can he build a title legacy after clinching the belt? His TKO victory over Moru was surprisingly the first TKO win of his career, and with a new contender emerging... Snoats will have to be at his best!

The new contender emerging in the form of 25-year-old Eduardo Corassa will hope to make a lifelong dream come true on Saturday night. 'Raw Power' was raised in Sao Paulo and after two failed attempts at clinching MMA championships in Limitless and Underground FC, will hope to realise that dream on home territory in Rio de Janeiro. 

Heavyweight Feature Bout: Knock Out (38-14) vs. Kai Raymaker (17-5)

Combate Welterweight Championship: Adonis Stevenson (25-14-1) vs. Rip Snorten (30-24-1)

Combate Middleweight Championship: Sergei Martynov © (21-10-1) vs. Don Stewart (36-19-1)

Bantamweight Prelim Bout: Dom Cruz (33-22) vs. Ma Moru (23-24)

Middleweight Prelim Bout: Arthur Morgan (11-1) vs. Michel Pereira (14-4)

Welterweight Prelim Bout: Hugh Honey (26-9-1) vs. Khru Jako (15-5)

Welterweight Prelim Bout: Cross A Zoo (17-9) vs. Louis Princip (13-5)

• Upvote 3

After the conclusion of Combate's first events of 2021, with new champions crowned and new contenders emerging, Combate present our first rankings update of the calendar year:

Bantamweight
Champion: Eduardo Corassa ?
#1 - Dom Cruz ?1
#2 - Gale Snoats ?2
#3 - Lester Burnham ◀️
#4 - Detkhunjon Sitsongrit ? 1
#5 - JoJo Diaz  ?1
#6 - Aaron McGinnis ◀️
#7 - Ma Moru ◀️
#8 - Hratch Tzien ◀️
#9 - Desmond Fairbanks ◀️
#10 - Alex Murray ◀️

Featherweight
#1 - Manny Perez ?5
#2 - Nathan Wallace ◀️
#3 - Roger Dawson ?2
#4 - Shin Shin Crayola ◀️
#5 - Vladimir Tomcic ?2
#6 - Caio Bottura ?5
#7 - Sergei Ulatov ◀️
#8 - Showtime Sitsongrit ◀️
#9 - Crush Bandicoot ◀️
#10 - Ron Gon ◀️

Lightweight
#1 - Johnny Guatar ◀️
#2 - Darry Curtis ?6
#3 - Koichi Kamei ◀️
#4 - Alexander Tverdovskiy ◀️
#5 - Jah Wobble ◀️
#6 - Charlie Darwin ◀️
#7 - Sampson Shain ◀️
#8 - Steve Butabi ?6
#9 - Pinchi Puto ◀️
#10 - Arod Doyea ◀️

Welterweight
Champion: Adonis Stevenson?
#1 - Khru Jako ?1
#2 - Boris Matusov ?5
#3 - Louis Princip ?NR
#4 - Guido Turturro ◀️
#5 - Bobby Bobblehead ◀️
#6 - Rip Snorten ?3
#7 - Cross A Zoo ?1
#8 - Hugh Honey ◀️
#9 - Sharven Sheven ◀️
#10 - Poseidon Gonzalez ◀️

Middleweight
#1 - Arthur Morgan ?1
#2 - Don Stewart ?1
#3 - Michel Pereira ◀️
#4 - Pat Yaj ◀️
#5 - Barry McCockiner ?5
#6 - Alexander Pichushkin ◀️
#7 - Zoran Paunovic ◀️
#8 - Emil Marinov ◀️
#9 - Ricardo Cruz ◀️
#10 - Gene Parmesan ?5

Light Heavyweight
Champion: Kazuma Kuwabara ?
#1 - Rahim Shabazz ?1
#2 - Ryan Dinu ◀️
#3 - Johnny Lydon ◀️
#4 - Yka Sonni ◀️
#5 - Fanta Coco ◀️
#6 - Gauthier Delisle ◀️
#7 - Boo Lee ◀️
#8 - Tomomisan Tsuruta ◀️
#9 - Jami Jarr ◀️
#10 - Kosuke Ishimura ◀️

Heavyweight
Champion: Evaristo Jesus ?
#1 - Maxim Menshikov ◀️
#2 - Knock Out ?3
#3 - Karim Johnson ◀️
#4 - Inspektor Gee ◀️
#5 - Kai Raymaker ?3
#6 - Zheko Melondov ?NR
#7 - Tyson James ?NR
#8 - Grant Alyoshin ◀️
#9 - Sven Svensson ◀️
#10 - David Tua ?4

• Upvote 4

41a1.jpgKai "The Dutchman Raymaker about his next fight:

- What I can say? This guy Knock Out is very good, but I think about myself that I am a learner from mistakes. I fighted before in main events, many was as me as a champ. In the past fights i fighted something like 5-6 minutes in 5 fights. I have no problem with pressure of the crowd and things like that. And what I can say? I am really glad to be in this organization and fighting in a main event as big an this one. I will do my best to win and beat this Knock "Mike Tyson wannabe" Out. Don t understand me bad, he is a nice guy but he hit like a fucking truck. When I look and the first fight I start laugh on how the fuck I fall like a pieca of wood. Huuh! Hard, very hard fight. I think one of the hardest but let s see if he can go down in the first round like many others. Thanks to Darren Russel for giving me a chance for starting a new story with me in this big organization. Good luck for my next opponent.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1614159060COMBATE%2019%20POSTER.png

Light Heavyweight Main Event: Rahim Shabazz vs. Johnny Lydon

Light Heavyweight Co-Main Event: Dom Severini vs. Stan Shamrock

Welterweight: Ivan Krylov vs. Javier Pinales

Bantamweight: Dom Cruz vs. Aaron McGinnis

Light Heavyweight: Fanta Coco vs. Gauthier Delisle

Combate Lightweight Championship: Sultan Figueroa vs. Charlie Darwin

Light Heavyweight: Jami Jarr vs. CJ Robinson

Welterweight: Hugh Honey vs. Poseidon Gonzalez

Middleweight: Emil Marinov vs. Furio Spartan

Welterweight: Darnell Cane vs. Calabi Yau

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

image.png.3b58c3d1ba72f9d8ce2268a7067da482.png 

Combate 30: Gonza vs Steve 

Saturday 17th April (15:00 GMT) 

Live only on Pay per view 

image.png.45bc6985759912cb80be29c3d738ef9f.png

MAIN EVENT 

Middleweight Title Fight: Captain “Primetime” Gonza (30-14) [C] vs Chris “The Revenant” Steve (43-10) 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Captain GonzaMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Chris Steve

The main event takes us to an incredible rematch, that was honestly, years in the making, as two of the most decorated superstars in both the middleweight and welterweight class, square off for possibly one last time, to settle the scores once and for all, and see who is the better fighter in the end...So guys, make sure you don’t take your eyes off of this one, cause believe me, these types of fights only happens once in a while, hence when it does happen, enjoy innit? Ok then, I think we have got enough of a background check on this fight, so now, let’s take a closer look at both the contestants... 

The challenger Chris Steve is a 35 year old legend of the sport, who let’s be honest, has seen it, done it and won it all in this sport...He was the former P4P #1 fighter while at his prime, and having won multiple titles across multiple organizations and divisions, he really doesn’t have much to prove to any of us anymore...But as we say, a champion might lose a title, but he never loses the hunger to improve and win more, therefore even in Steve’s case, he still thinks that he has a lot left in the tank, and hence with a perfect record of [2-0] here at Combate, he’s got yet another shot at a title which would surely cement his name in the history books, as one of the all time greats, if being in the Empyrean HOF did not do it already. 

Now moving onto the champ, well Captain Gonza is much the lesser famous and successful fighter of the two, but even then, he was one of the most successful Heavyweights back in his (OG Cardinals Fighting Championship) time, but since then, with an ageing body, he has been moving down in weight class, and to be fair to him, that tactic has worked a treat, I mean he is the champ now, so...yeah. Now as I said before, this will be a rematch for these two, but unfortunately, Steve here, was the guy who lost that previous fight which really hurt him, cause at that time, he was really on a hunt for that PFC middleweight title, but the loss derailed everything...Hence with an eye for a revenge, and a hunger to settle the scores, he will desperately look to win this fight, not only to retain his much coveted title, but also to show the world, that he has come a long way as a fighter since that loss. 

PREDICTION: Chris Steve wins via TKO (Round 3) 

CO- MAIN EVENT 

Heavyweight Bout: Gyukosho Fujizilla” Fujimoto [32-13] vs Massive “Greek God” Overflow [28-11] 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Gyukosho FujimotoMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Massive Overflow

In our Co-Headliner for tonight, we have the prospect of another incredibly exciting bout, as two of the most exciting new Heavyweight recruits out of Panda go head to head, in a bout that will go a long way in deciding the new #1 contender for the Combate Heavyweight Championship. Now both of them are coming into this bout off the back of a good winning run, so no matter what happens, there will be some fireworks in that cage alright...Right, now that we are done with the a slight background to this fight, let’s move onto the contestants... 

Fujimoto is an elite level striker and one of the most decorated heavyweights in the game, who at the age of 33, is actually just starting to hit the peak of his career...He was the former #2 ranked Heavyweight in the world, and having won multiple titles across multiple organizations, it just shows why. Before signing for Combate, he was the last ever Panda Heavyweight champion and I vividly remember Overflow being a major contender to that title, and hence, he will be desperate to win this fight, to once and for all, show the hierachy here at Combate, that he is indeed the right guy to challenge for that title next up. 

Now Overflow on the other hand, might have some other plans, as he is also one of the most successful Heavyweights around the sport, who at the age of 32, similarly like his opponent, has also just started to hit the peak of his career...Now he is coming into this fight off the back of 4 straight wins under new management, and tbh, he looks like a different man since those losses back in PFC...therefore, he probably knows that another big win here could pretty much skyrocket his chances at a shot at that title, and therefore he will be desperate to win this bout, so that he can indeed accomplish his lifelong dream of winning a title at a major organization. 

PREDICTION: Gyukosho Fujimoto wins via KO [Round 2] 

NOTICABLE FIGHTS 

Welterweight Title Fight:                     Khru Jako [18-5] vs Masa Sanada [35-15]

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Khru JakoMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Masa Sanada

One of the most exciting bouts outside the obvious main event and co-main event, is a very exciting Welterweight title Bout between two of the most experienced veterans in the Combate [170 LBS] division...Now both of them have been a part of this organization for a very long time, and therefore having lodged very impressive winning runs respectively, it was not really a surprise to see them square off in the middle of the cage to find out who is the best Welterweight at Combate...Alright, i think you all have had enough of my blabbering by now, so let's take a look at the fighters now...

The champ Khru Jako, is a former Kickboxer turned Martial Artist, who has had a rather successful career up to now, but even at 35, he has never really dominated a organization as he would have probably liked to have done, but he is still as determined as he used to be back when he was starting off as a kid, and therefore, as the champ of the organization, he is desperate to win this fight, and do so in a dominant fashion (as mentioned by his coaches), so that he can put a statement out to the rest of the division, that he is here to stay as a champ and create a long lasting legacy for years to come.

Now Sanada on the other hand, having won multiple titles at major organizations, and at a good old age of 38, has not really got much to prove to us...He was the former #1 Ranked Welterweight in the world, but since losing that spot in the rankings, he never really looked like the same fighter at all...But luckily, under new management and after a fresh start to life at Combate, it looks like the hunger to win has finally come back, and therefore with a 4 fight winning streak behind him, he will desperately want to win this fight, so that he can prove his doubters wrong, and show the world, that he has still got what it takes to compete at the highest level.

PREDICTION: Khru Jako wins via Unanimous Decision (Round 5)  

OTHER FIGHTS ON THE CARD

Magnus Von Ver Huevan vs Inspektor Gee (Heavyweight Bout)

Tan Zan vs Javier "El Jefe" Pinales (Welterweight Bout)

Adonis Stevenson vs Bobby Bobblehead (Welterweight Bout)

Sam "Cannonball" Bellafontane vs Stan "The Man" Shamrock (Super-Heavyweight Bout)

Balagot Liu vs Pablo "El Loco" Noriega (Featherweight Bout)

Hratch Tzien vs Little Kitty Sripituksakul (Bantamweight Bout)

Gilberto "Monster of Machala" Chamba vs Juha Sipila (Heavyweight Bout)

So with that, we have come to the end of yet another glorious event that our owner Mr Russell has put forward for us, so until next time, enjoy the event and have a good day! 

**Side note: Sorry for the late and short preview, the next one will be posted much earlier and will be much more in depth.    

• Like 2

15085530571140.png  15022514001714.jpg

"Dishonest as Fuck" Ibrahim Camara:  Amazing preview. 

Chris and I are putting together our game plan this beautiful morning and we are happy to keep fighting for the fans at Combate. 

Chris anything you want to say to all your Brazilian and fans around the wurld? 

"The Revenant" Chris Steve: BRAZEAL !  PORRA !  WHATCH IS THIS SPARBOTCH BUSINESS I HEAR ABOUT? WTF MANG , FIGHT YOUR FIGHTERS OR EAT DEEZ NUTZ !   BRAZEAL ! 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 3 months later...

16064695715740.jpg
Mister "White Tyson" McNasty
265 lbs, Combate
35-16-1
9 p4p

Going up against the odds as usual, I put on a a dominating and sufficating performance against longtime Combate champ Karim Johnson, managed by the legendary Laz Staz. Never before had the top prospect lost a fight by strikes and he was in fact 15-1-0 before facing me, having won 14 consecutive fights. 
I'm proud of my performance and stoked to be the new face of Combate, their new poster boy! 

To see the replay of the fight => click here

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 8/15/2021 at 11:56 AM, Mannetosen said:

1389655015mvsoiWvWKO10QIKTNdY8Log.jpg

"Salad" Tosen

International sex symbol

Actually, I'm pretty sure Brad Parsley here tucked his tail and ran for the hills after getting emasculated by Maluga. Have fun in the Z leagues, fat boy.

On 8/15/2021 at 11:36 AM, igorbyhenikov said:

16283655541422330387photo-62727.jpg

Igor Byhenikov

MMA Analyst

"I hope this is just bounce back towards the real world title. It would be shame if McNasty settles being fake champ after that unlucky loss against Maluga."

Kishion Matthew

Owner of SYN

Mr. McNasty was offered a deal from syn to return and rematch Kilo but turned it down. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, Icon73 said:

1330873429_ClodomilDualib.gif.1d1438df0764b55fbf89d183b78a60e7.gif

Kishion Matthew

Owner of SYN

Mr. McNasty was offered a deal from syn to return and rematch Kilo but turned it down. 

16064695715740.jpg
265 lbs, Combate
35-16-1
9 p4p

Don't spread fake news. 

I wasn't offered a direct rematch by you! In fact, my teammate Leifsson was offered the Kilo fight and accepted, only to find out that Kilo didn't accept. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 8/15/2021 at 12:54 PM, bjornmma1 said:

16064695715740.jpg
265 lbs, Combate
35-16-1
9 p4p

Don't spread fake news. 

I wasn't offered a direct rematch by you! In fact, my teammate Leifsson was offered the Kilo fight and accepted, only to find out that Kilo didn't accept. 

This is untrue.

I offered you the deal and you said you would rather Leifsson get the fight.

Kilo Accepted then I sent you the contract only for you to sit on it for a week so I rescinded the offer. Kilo Accepted and actually sent Babinski your wayMr. McNasty was offered a deal from syn to return and rematch Kilo but turned it down. so you could try and build hype up before fighting him

McNasty was offered a rematch.

• Upvote 3