The1rstSaint

Draft Day  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What is more appropriate time to draft

• Now, by selecting managers
    • At creation lock in, by selecting fighters

League of Madness Week 1 results

with Host Mister Madness16065106356899.jpg

Well Captain Chaos really spanked my on those picks, Whatever though i was always the "IF your gonna do it right, Do it yourself types", anyway. Congrats to the winners from week 1, Team King now holds the HAMMER and gets to pick the first matchup for week two's event(Which is next weekend, so time is a ticking!). Now let us recap the 4 LW fights from the opening week.

Thiago Filho def Darius Jackson 

Young Jackson was exposed on the ground here, but give the Toronto,Ontario product some credit, as he did not crack. Thiago was landing Takedowns almost at will, as he landed 5 out of 6 attempts. Filho gave his opponent a work out on the ground, where much of the 15 minute contest took part. Jackson however did manage some important transitioning in the fight, only struggled to get to his feet. In the end Filho's aggressive striking from the top and his near perfect Takedown attempts led him to the Unanimous Decision as he advances to the Lightweight Quarter finals of the "League of Madness.

102529119.jpg

Delightful Panda def Subo Takens

By far the most competitive fight Was Panda vs Takens it was a pretty fight but they where both looking for the finish, A lot! Panda was throwing everything at Takens on the ground, through the first two rounds as he ended up with 36 Submission attempts and of course all but one of those where failed. Meanwhile Subo also very much in the fight halfway through round 3, was pretty active looking to win a decision. I strongly believe Subo Takens was going to win this fight until.....a well placed Kimura was latched on with just seconds remaining in the fight, and Takens was forced to tap out via Kimura submission earning Delightful Panda a ticket to the Quarter finals as well. Subo snaps his arm back into place and congrats Panda.

Panda.jpg

Jimmy Damnation def Jim Reefer

The battle of the Jim's, two Jims enter but only one Jim will have there hand raised. Reefer started this fight very strong landing 60% of his punches including some solid Body shots. He was also doing a good job at evading Damnations clinch attempts, UNTIL the 2 minute mark where Jimmy gets a hold of a counter clinch attempt. Reefer going to the head and body while in the clinch eventually leaves himself open for a nice Takedown that Damnation completes. Once it hit the mat Damnation was in complete control as he smoothly switched to a Armbar submission forcing reefer to tap at 3:35 seconds of round # 1. 

Jimmy.png

Matija Maestro def All American

All American seemed to be a huge favorite here from my gathering, his wrestling credentials seemed to be the antidote to stopping a BJJ Brown belt. American may have under estimated Matija's ability to get him to the ground, as he went head hunting early on with punches. Maestro though closed the distance and brought the fight to the clinch within the first minute. All American could not break from here and eventually finds himself getting pulled to the mat by a eager Matija. Instantly working a triangle choke, Matija finds a opening at 1:59 of the very first round and applies the armbar finish like a BOSS!. As he earns a quarter final spot and also picks up the first fight pick for his Team.

image.png.308a67b55a693df157d80b9d7d426777.png

Welterweights keep a close eye out as you could be fighting in just 6 days time!

• Upvote 4

First fight Selection was a team choice!

Team King welterweight Cheeto Bean who will meet Team Marky fighter Braydon Harms

Picks for week 2 The Welterweights

2. Team Clubber - Damnation Sub Win Rd 1 3:35
Manager Scottie 2 Hottie  = David Eagle (Team Clubber)

Manager P J Jones Agansing Rai (Team Clubber)

3. Team Camara - Panda Sub Win Rd 3 4:56

Managed by Raichu Kong = Big Daddy

Manager Bear Stevenson Madness Fighter (Team Camara)

4. Team Hardmann - Filho Decision Win 15:00

Manager Johnny Lee Julius Lew (Team Hardman)

Manager Igor Peixoto Diego Armando (Team Hardman)

Fighter Pool for the 4 winning team coaches to choose from. Once a fighter is chosen the remaining welterweight on that team will be taken off the list as well.

Manager Doctor John Zoidberg Coronnie James Dio (Team McSweeney)

Manager Robert Smith TJ Romero (Team McSweeney)

Manager Bloody Gutz = Justin Forfun (Team Action)

Manager W J "The Rooster" Rivers Terry Silver (Team Action)

Manager Milo Paris = Javier Tapia (Team Billy)

Manager Chris Karter Troy Nguyen (Team Billy)

Team Clubber is on the clock.

• Upvote 1

Clubbers fight choice Agansing Rai vs TJ Romero of Team McSweeney

Fight pick #1

Team King welterweight Cheeto Bean will fight Team Marky fighter Braydon Harms

Fight Pick #2 

Team Clubber welterweight Agansing Rai will fight Team McSweeney fighter TJ Romero 

Fight Pick #3

Fight Pick #4

Picks for week 2 The Welterweights

3. Team Camara - Panda Sub Win Rd 3 4:56

Managed by Raichu Kong = Big Daddy

Manager Bear Stevenson Madness Fighter (Team Camara)

4. Team Hardmann - Filho Decision Win 15:00

Manager Johnny Lee Julius Lew (Team Hardman)

Manager Igor Peixoto Diego Armando (Team Hardman)

Fighter Pool for the 4 winning team coaches to choose from. Once a fighter is chosen the remaining welterweight on that team will be taken off the list as well.

Only 2 teams remain to choose from

Team Camara is on the clock.

• Upvote 1

Guess fights are a week apart but we couldn't pick until we had results of last round.  So yeah.. we were taken back by that, but no big deal really.

Honestly, takes out training in preparation for opponent which actually makes the manager pick for matchup even more important.

12 minutes ago, Rambo said:

send that million you owe me from GONY to gwad.

What's up with the 3 day notice for fight offer? Not a fan of that.

Its the same weekly fight selection as the LOM you where in last time. Yes fight selections have taking longer then i would have liked and it was a worry i had from the start. Having 8 teams was a big factor and something i will not be doing in the future. But its over and done now, and hopefully next week goes a little smoother.

• Upvote 4

3 days? 

oh fook ok I didn't know that, just touched base with Raichu, and wrote him again to change his fighter's clothes and get his energy to at least 90% 

had I known this my choice would have been Bear Stevenson vs anybody else.

whatta mess.

can you maybe post all the events in advance so we can properly plan? 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Bleakardor said:

Guess fights are a week apart but we couldn't pick until we had results of last round.  So yeah.. we were taken back by that, but no big deal really.

Honestly, takes out training in preparation for opponent which actually makes the manager pick for matchup even more important.

I have no problem with going into a fight with limited preparation but at least give us 10 days to get energy and morale up to a fighting level and a tiny bit of training.

If Raichu only sees the fight the day of the event he will enter this fight at something like 80% morale and 70% energy and it's basically a free win for the other team.  Trust me the last thing I would choose to do is give the other team a free win. 

Would have been a nice a heads up and as a team of coaches and organizer adjust.  I see none of the fights are yet booked so everyone is taken by surprise, would not surprise me if this goes down in 3 days some fights are not accepted. 

• Downvote 2

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 hour ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

I have no problem with going into a fight with limited preparation but at least give us 10 days to get energy and morale up to a fighting level and a tiny bit of training.

If Raichu only sees the fight the day of the event he will enter this fight at something like 80% morale and 70% energy and it's basically a free win for the other team.  Trust me the last thing I would choose to do is give the other team a free win. 

Would have been a nice a heads up and as a team of coaches and organizer adjust.  I see none of the fights are yet booked so everyone is taken by surprise, would not surprise me if this goes down in 3 days some fights are not accepted. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The1rstSaint said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

is that supposed to be a diss?

2 managers raise a valid point, one the winning fighter from season 1 and the other the winning coach (me) and instead of cancelling the fights when you had 0 fights fully booked (both fighters accepted) you are going ahead and trying to complete this event on 3 days notice. 

You created a discord channel to discuss and failed to discuss. now we have 1 fight booked so no going back.

If you gonna roll an org with 350+ fighters and on top of that try to recreate succesfully another season of TUF you need to be able to accept criticism and adjust on the go.  This is exactly what happened in 350k and exactly why you needed to quit (for like 2 weeks lol) and comeback like nothing happened when you could no more.

I honestly thought you had let go the older fighters but you are doing the exact same thing you did at 350k and burning yourself out both ends. It's sad.

Already you got a ton of inactive fighters /managers in every division at the org, when are org owners gonna learn that anything past 200 fighters don't work unless your name is Biro and you prioritize matchmaking at the expense of fun yet time consuming previews.  

• Downvote 7

1 hour ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

2 managers raise a valid point, one the winning fighter from season 1 and the other the winning coach (me) and instead of cancelling the fights when you had 0 fights fully booked (both fighters accepted) you are going ahead and trying to complete this event on 3 days notice. 

You created a discord channel to discuss and failed to discuss. now we have 1 fight booked so no going back.

If you gonna roll an org with 350+ fighters and on top of that try to recreate succesfully another season of TUF you need to be able to accept criticism and adjust on the go.  This is exactly what happened in 350k and exactly why you needed to quit (for like 2 weeks lol) and comeback like nothing happened when you could no more.

I honestly thought you had let go the older fighters but you are doing the exact same thing you did at 350k and burning yourself out both ends. It's sad.

Already you got a ton of inactive fighters /managers in every division at the org, when are org owners gonna learn that anything past 200 fighters don't work unless your name is Biro and you prioritize matchmaking at the expense of fun yet time consuming previews.  

Now where back at the very typical hypocritical topic of how I run my org.  Camara I don't need your two cents.

Anyone want to volunteer as new coach? I will if need be. As for the team Camara had, by all means this has nothing to do with any of you. If anyone else wants out fill Free, I'm not against scrapping the whole thing if need be either, cause Frankly I don't give a damn at this point!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

Camara, people like Butch are keeping this game afloat, taking hours upon hours of time to organise this tournament, write previews, create artwork yet you have the AUDCITY to write this and act like you have all the answers.

What is your goal here? are you trying to get this tournament cancelled and push Butch out or what?

- The schedule was clearly posted at the start of the thread, read it.

- Why is Raichu below 80% morale and 70% energy anyway. As his COACH, shouldn't you be telling him that this isn't a good idea at any time, never mind in the middle of a tournament?

Stop whining, read the tournament schedule, accept the fights, keep the game moving and enjoy the tournament. Never seen so much moaning in my life.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, OptimalMMAPicks said:

Camara, people like Butch are keeping this game afloat, taking hours upon hours of time to organise this tournament, write previews, create artwork yet you have the AUDCITY to write this and act like you have all the answers.

What is your goal here? are you trying to get this tournament cancelled and push Butch out or what?

- The schedule was clearly posted at the start of the thread, read it.

- Why is Raichu below 80% morale and 70% energy anyway. As his COACH, shouldn't you be telling him that this isn't a good idea at any time, never mind in the middle of a tournament?

Stop whining, read the tournament schedule, accept the fights, keep the game moving and enjoy the tournament. Never seen so much moaning in my life.

the fight is accepted and coaching instructions are SET ! 

The show must go on, as defending Coaching cHAMP I will win this once again with my master techniques. 

Good luck to all competitorz ! 

• Downvote 2

Moving Forward like we should there is always a backup plan, and Team Alfred will now be running things for the latest departure. As for a replacement in the Middleweight coach pool that will be decided shortly. There is a logic fix to everything, but first we need to get rid of the drama bringers.

Cheers.

• Upvote 3

On 2/16/2021 at 6:30 PM, The1rstSaint said:

Only 2 teams remain to choose from

So who is my dude Tapia fighting? Justin Forfun?

Pretty sure I’m meant to be competing in 2 days time but had no fight offer ?

Although i was confident most where under the understanding that fights would be weekly if you read anything on the first post this last few months The Fight Schedule has been posted there) as this is a TUF style tournament. Still though i knew confusion would be possible and i am very understanding and willing to help anyone understand. But for the winning coach from last year to complain about the fight schedule at this point is ridiculous(Not to mention the winning fighter CK, which i will give you the benefit of the doubt). We picked weekly last time and i said many times that it was the same process just more coaches(Teams). Managers had plenty of time to prepare there fighters and just like TUF you should be ready. 

Now i ask what is the difference between 4 days rather then 7 days? its 3 days difference is all i see!

I have just changed one match up because a manager is still sitting on the fight offer and now where just a few days away from the event. So now Team King will have Derk Voorheis vs Braydon Harms of Team Marky.  Not a huge deal IMO but im still wondering if said fighter is in or out so i will try and get some confirmation soon on that.

And moving forward the remaining Lightweights will fight next weekend and the remaining welterweights will fight the following weekend, please be ready. After the final opening round week, which is March 6th all Quarter Final matchups will be booked 1 month from March 6th so April 6th. This includes the Middleweight Coach bracket.

In closing more Participants, and more coaches/teams = More problems. But its MADNESS MMA so i wouldn't have it any other way. I would not recommend this

• Upvote 4

Kwest is now 15 days inactive and with the tight fight pick selection process, i am making the change now. Are finla remaining replacement Master Leader will be taking Kwest place for Team Hardman. Updated here and on the very first post.

On 11/5/2020 at 3:36 PM, The1rstSaint said:

joker-batman-batman-arkham-origins-video

The MADNESS must continue!

Ladies and gents the League of Madness tournament is back as we look to bring in a new batch of prospects to the Mansion of Madness. This year there is a new format to the teams but the fight format will stay in tact. There will be a open community discussion on some of the Details but for the most part it will be the same.

1. Teams 8 Teams (if there is enough signups) 4 fighters per team- 2 LW's/2 WW's

Confirmed Coaches.

Ibrahim Camara former #1 manager and Returning coach from Season 1 and self proclaimed best manager ever

Billy Arseworth former #1 manager

Randall McSweeny former top 5 manager and owner of PFC

J. W. Hardman currently ranked 38the and owner of HFC

Action Jackson former #1 manager

Clubber Winger former top 25 rank

Marky Mark former #1 manager

Hei Long King 2019 new manager of the Year and current top 20

2. Weight Classes 155 and 170

Creation requirements

Fighters at 155 must not weigh below 155 at creation.
Fighters at 170 must not weigh below 170 at creation.

all fighters must be 18 year old creations.

3. Fighters 

Lightweights(155 min)

1 Manager Joe River Patrick Mahomes (Team Camara)

2 Manager Aydan The Wandering Spirit = Jimmy Damnation (Team Clubber)

3 Manager Optimal MMA Picks  = Matija Maestro (Team King)

4 Manager Master Tessin Captain Tessin (Team Marky)

5 Manager Andrew Short  = Darius Jackson (Team Action)

6 Manager G Wad = Johnny Billabong (Team King)

7 Manager Kwest .Ron Killings (Team Hardman)

replaced by Master Leader = Etimoni Founuku

8 Manager Jason "JBOMB" Smith Jim Reefer (Team Billy)

9 Manager Shaun Skaggs = Thiago Filho (Team Hardman)

10 Manager Don Xyel Fili Disson (Team Action)

11 Manager Pika Choo Delightful Panda (Team Camara)

12 Manager Blake White Subo Takens (Team McSweeney)

13 Manager Benjamin Halle Truly Dangerous (Team McSweeney)

14 Manager Beau Banks Pierre Emerick Aubeaumeyang (Team Billy)

15 Manager Darren Russell  = Frankie DeLuna (Team Clubber)

16 Manager Bjorn O'Donnel All American (Team Marky)

Welterweights (170 min)

1 Manager Doctor John Zoidberg Coronnie James Dio (Team McSweeney)

2 Manager Scottie 2 Hottie  = David Eagle (Team Clubber)

3 Manager Rory Daly = Mitch McLaurin (Team Camara)

Replaced by Raichu Kong = Big Daddy

4 Manager Money Mayweather Cheeto Bean (Team King)

5 Manager Johnny Lee Julius Lew (Team Hardman)

6 Manager Loocus Kramer Derk Voorheis (Team King)

7 Manager Bloody Gutz = Justin Forfun (Team Action)

8 Manager P J Jones Agansing Rai (Team Clubber)

9 Manager W J "The Rooster" Rivers Terry Silver (Team Action)

10 Manager Jorma Oltsu Mike Nara (Team Marky)

11 Manager Bear Stevenson Madness Fighter (Team Camara)

12 Manager Milo Paris = Javier Tapia (Team Billy)

13 Manager Robert Smith TJ Romero (Team McSweeney)

14 Manager Paul Dengel Braydon Harms (Team Marky)

15 Manager Chris Karter Troy Nguyen (Team Billy)

16 Manager Igor Peixoto Diego Armando (Team Hardman)

Coach Bracket

Middleweight (185 min)

1 Manager Ibrahim Camara Baby Yoda (Team Camara)

replaced by Alfred Winterbottom II

2 Manager J. W. Hardman = Dillon Hardman (Team Hardman)

3 Manager Billy Arseworth Free Waterfall Jr (Team Billy)

4 Manager Clubber Winger Hahn Rodolfo (Team Clubber)

5 Manager Action Jackson Vinicius Kicklighter (Team Action)

6 Manager Randall McSweeney Matthew Dean (Team McSweeney)

7 Manager Hei Long King Octavio Dos Anjos (Team King)

8 Manager Marky Mark Hendrix Cabrera (Team Marky)

4. Creation Date will be the day 370K hits

5. Fighter Lock In Jan. 2ND (fighters will be giving an additional 6 weeks of Training time so 8 weeks in all)

6. First Event Fights Feb. 13th

Fight Pick Order

1rst pick Team Hardman

2nd pick Team McSweeney

3rd pick Team Clubber

4th pick Team Marky

EVENT SCHEDULE

Feb 13th Lightweights 

Thiago Filho(Team Hardman) vs Darius Jackson(Team Action)

Subo Takens(Team McSweeney) vs Delightful Panda(Team Camara)

Jimmy Damnation(Team Clubber) vs Jim Reefer(Team Billy)

All American(Team Marky) vs Matija Maestro(Team King)

Feb 20th Welterweights 

Derk Voorheis (Team King) vs  Braydon Harms(Team Marky)

Agansing Rai (Team Clubber) vs TJ Romero(Team McSweeney)

Big Daddy(Team Camara) vs Troy Nguyen (Team Billy)

Diego Armando (Team Hardman) vs Terry Silver (Team Action)

Feb 27th Lightweights

March 6th Welterweights

Quarter Finals April 3rd

Semi Finals TBA

Finals TBA

Coach Division(185) Will begin with the Quarter Finals of the LOM WW'S And LW'S

8. Prizes and awards

Winners of each Weight class (155 & 170 & 185) will be awarded the new Madness MMA championship title.

As well as a nice cash prize 1 mil per winner

Separate Awards

"Fight of the Season" 250K each

"Fastest KO" 250K

"Fastest Submission" 250K

Sponsors = Ma Balls Is Hot Clothing and H A

• Upvote 1

League of Madness Week 2 Preview        1165398_1.jpg?width=300&height=300

With Host Mister Madness

"What a week at the MADNESS mansion it has been, But we are now all set for half of are Welterweight participants to get down with the Madness! 

Derk_vs_Braydon_1.jpg?width=300&height=3

Are first Match selection was Team King as they choose there Dutch fighter Derk Voorheis and he will lock horns with fellow European in Team Marky's Braydon Harms a native of Hamburg, Germany.

Voorheis is a Wrestler and a bit of a Mystery fighter as he hasn't been tested inside the cage yet. Now training in Amsterdam but originally from Utrecht, Netherlands he spent his early training at The Cave . Head grappling coach Israel Cantu has raved over the young phenoms transition to MMA. Dutch Grappler you say?

Harms is also now training in Amsterdam at ACME which is owned and operated by his Head Coach and Manager Paul Dengel. Harms now learning from Legendary FinnFighter Marky Mark now looks to get his team on track. Braydon is a interested match up for Voorheis as there skills are very similar it will simply come down to who has the better gameplan.

Keys to Victory: With no fight background this is a tough egg to crack for Derk. Could he be using his grappling as a cover up for something or is he a legit grappler. As for Harms though, he seems to have the edge in BJJ and i expect him to pressure his opponent on the ground with either submissions or maybe a little GnP.

Agasing_vs_TJ_1.jpg?width=300&height=300

Matchup #2 was a quick process for Coach Clubber Winger as he went with the fighter out of Nepal in Agansing Rai to fight Team McSweeney's T. J. Romero.

Rai has a Military history as this former Soldier of the Indian Army now looks to pursue a career in MMA. Now a member of the Far-Q Fight Club in Sydney "The Ghurka Berserker"  has a wrestling background. What can you say about Coach Pack A. Bowl, the man creates magic at the gym and Agansing Rai is just another Bright "Potlight".

Oklahoma City wrestling standout T.J Romero now trains in LA at Savage Krew / Death Squad . He is emerging as a top grappling prospect as he recently was awarded his Purple belt in BJJ  by Manager and Head Coach Robert Smith. Romero will be looking to prevent Team McSweeney from falling to 0-2.

Keys to Victory: One would think the Oklahoma wrestler would have an advantage but Rai seems to have the better wrestling credentials of the two. Rai also has a better Muay Thai background so he may look to test Romero in the clinch department here. Romero on the other hand has the edge in BJJ with his Purple belt so he will want to utilize that and try to get into a dominant position.

Daddy_vs_Troy_1.jpg?width=300&height=300

Are next fight was made by exiting coach Camara who made his final pick and chose the recent replacement fighter Big Daddy  to meet Team Billy's top pick Troy Nguyen.

Big Daddy calls his hometown the city of Arundel, not sure where that is but it sounds nice. Daddy now trains in New York at Bloody death gym and the BJJ brown belt has been working on his wrestling as of late. Daddy is also a training partner of "Birth of a Warrior" Competitor Jack Dawson .

Nguyen is a native of Singapore and has a Muay Thai and wrestling background. He has since moved to Los Angeles where he trains at Convicted KT Factory. With Team Billy down 1 fighter Troy looks to avenge his Teammate and also known Alliance mate Jim Reefer and gain control of "Da Hammer"

Keys to Victory: Another Mystery fighter in Big Daddy will be unveiled in this one, but you have to believe that Brown belt is gonna come to good use. While we also didn't really see what Nguyen has in his arsenal from watching his exhibition fight, I got a feeling he will be looking for a KO though.

Deigo_vs_Terry_1.jpg?width=300&height=30

And are final match-up was made by Coach Hardman who took his #1 pick in Diego Armando to face Team Action's Terry Silver.

Armando of Rio de Janeiro has a background in MuayThai Kickboxing and is a avid Cigar smoker as well. A member of Sydney gym Memento Mori, which is owned by his Manager Igor. With his team already advancing fellow Brazilian Thiago Filho at Lightweight, Deigo has a lot of weight on his shoulders as he looks to keep the ball rolling for the team.

Silver aka "Cobra" is a Las Vegas product who trains in his hometown today at Roosters Coop gym which is owned by his Manager "The Rooster" Rivers himself.  Muay Thai Coach Hank "True" Grit has told me Silver is gonna turn some heads tomorrow. He now has been under the helpful eye of Head Coach Action Jackson whom i can see installing some tricks up the young sleeves of Terry.

Keys to Victory: This may very well be the most entertaining fight as they both could very be looking for the KO. Armando has a clear Muay Thai advantage, while Silver has the edge in wrestling. Silver may have a tough time standing though so i would not be surprised if he attempts to get the fight to the ground. I am not sure what to expect to be honest here, but something tells there will be BLOOD!!!

• Upvote 4