Fixing public gyms

thb

Another thing is educating everyone and trusting they do it right. You could easily have a gym with 20 coaches and more fighters IF you could get all to train properly. A useless skill doesnt need to train with elite coaches for max gains. They can train with coaches that are what competent or something and still get max gains. So a gym could easy have half a dozen competent coaches and half dozen wonderful coaches and half dozen elite coaches and mix in some double elite and double wonderful and so on. But managers need to be trusted to follow the order of training progression. Start with competent then go to wonderful then to elite.

Unless this training progression doesnt exist anymore?

I’m curious to know which training progression you vets are using.

Another thing is educating everyone and trusting they do it right. You could easily have a gym with 20 coaches and more fighters IF you could get all to train properly. A useless skill doesnt need to train with elite coaches for max gains. They can train with coaches that are what competent or something and still get max gains. So a gym could easy have half a dozen competent coaches and half dozen wonderful coaches and half dozen elite coaches and mix in some double elite and double wonderful and so on. But managers need to be trusted to follow the order of training progression. Start with competent then go to wonderful then to elite.

Unless this training progression doesnt exist anymore?

iirc you need at least +40 points in coach skill compare to fighter skill to receive max gains. So Competent coaches would only produce max gains up until woeful.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned in this thread. I've not read every post.

Wouldn't it just make sense at this point for Mike to provide these lower tier beginner gyms himself in each city as standard? Gyms aren't profitable nor fun to run so I can't imagine why anyone would ever want to do so aside from out of the goodness of their own heart. Even if a couple of good Samaritans do come along, it's unlikely to cover the needs of the newer players.

I think Cozad needs to be a proper gym and open multiple versions to match Mike's vision of what he wants for gyms.

• Upvote 6

I think Cozad needs to be a proper gym and open multiple versions to match Mike's vision of what he wants for gyms.

Considering the type of gym Mike wants for newbies is not really profitable and not something desirable for veteran managers to use, this just might be the way to go. Though it should never have anything near elite coaches, so the user-run public orgs stay preferable and so those don't crumble under the new competition.