Caged Warriors MMA (smack talk thread)

robin10

Media Scrum at SynCity Promotions Administrative Headquarters

Las Vegas, Nevada

Approx. 1:27 PM

We open on a long rectangular building, several stories tall at the outskirts of Las Vegas. Glass covers the entire front of the building displaying the rapid movement of workers inside. Neatly manicured trees and brush line the front of the building. Adjacent to the front entrance is a large white sign displaying an immaculate SynCity Promotions Logo.

Syn-hq.png

A curious choice of Administrative Headquarters for the world’s MOST HYPED promotion, Synchronicity. Perhaps a bit reserved in the eyes of fans who may have been expecting a more flamboyant aesthetic. Make no mistakes about it though, this beehive of activity is truly where the magic happens. This is a place where lives are changed with the click of a mouse or a swipe of a pen. If you’re an MMA fighter, this is your Mecca.

media-scrum-2.png

Outside of the building there is a media scrum with their microphones and cameras laying in wait to pounce on the next person who exits. Several news vans line the sidewalk in front of the building. Media attention is not at all unusual for Syn. However, this level of frenzied anticipation is a not the norm. Something is happening…

Several black luxury vehicles with tinted windows pull up to the side entrance of the building, the VIP entrance. Designed to be away from the prying eyes of the news media. The vehicles pull up and stop, bumper-to-bumper, in rapid succession. The double doors of the VIP entrance burst open with a bang and an entourage emerges hastily. Recognizable figures:

Matty Fernandez – Venerable owner of upstart CWMMA organization. Dressed more formally than usual in a business suit undoubtedly selected by Ms. Fernandez. Matty is at the helm of the group. He’s got minions and lackeys from CWMMA’s legal and accounting departments trying to get his attention while he attempts to make his way to the vehicle at the head of the line. He is clearly trying to avoid the press.

John Wayne – CWMMA CEO and Matchmaker John Wayne is at Matty’s side. He also has several staffers nipping at him like chihuahuas. John looks to be reviewing a hefty ream of financial statements between strides.

Vsevelod Kaufman – Kaufman is not present but has sent two emissaries and a team of bodyguards to round out the CWMMA troika. The contingent is led by his long-time attorney and spokesperson, Valentina Konstantinovna Kaminova and a junior associate. Interspersed through the group is a team of steely-eyed men showing no emotion. Their heads are on a swivel, constantly surveying the perimeter. This is not your average celebrity protection. These men come from military backgrounds that will never be declassified, because they never “existed.” If they had online dating profiles (which they don’t), the interests would say things like “taking orders” and “violence,” maybe “digging holes.”

Immediately upon seeing the line of vehicles approaching, the media scrum swarms towards the VIP exit surrounding the entry way in seconds. Even some of these more rotund reporters can move quickly under the right circumstances. Matty and the team manage a few steps before ABC Sports Reporter Dick Bakeman sticks a fat microphone into his face.

Reporter-1.jpg

Out of nowhere. Before Bakeman is even able to utter a single syllable, one of Kaufman’s security enforcers lunges forward.

pernell.png

Within 2 seconds, the microphone is on the ground, camera lens is shattered, and the bodyguard has ABC’s Dick Bakeman in a standing Ezekiel choke. The much taller bodyguard has Bakeman lifted 10 inches off of the ground. Caught by surprise like everyone else, Bakeman’s eyes are bugging out of his head and he is making gurgling noises, as a forearm collapses his windpipe. At the same instant, as if on cue, the rest of the security detail surrounds the media scrum and takes a ready position. Each with a hand resting near holsters on their hip, ready to engage their sidearms.

Matty and much of the team outside of Kaufman’s emissaries are stunned at the sudden and flagrantly disproportionate escalation.

Matty Fernandez: Whoa Whoa, Killer. They’re just doing their jobs.

Matty starts to reach over to remove the bodyguard from Bakeman, but changes his mind. The bodyguard seems to be in a trance-like state. He maintains his hold despite shrieks of bystanders.

Matty: Valentina, make him stop! Call back your dogs.

Matty shakes his head in disbelief and is heard muttering under his breath “what is wrong with these people?”

Пернелл! Отставить!!

(PERNELL! AS YOU WERE!)

Valentina’s voice is bold. Yet, she doesn’t shout. Valentina Konstantinova isn’t the type of women to shout. Her abrupt and powerful cadence does the job just a fine. Within a millisecond of the orders issuance Pernell releases Bakeman, who drops to the floor whimpering and heaving to catch his breath. Pernell recedes into entourage. In rapid-fire succession, Valentina issues another order.

Вольно!

(AT EASE)

In unison, the rest of the security team remove their hands from near their holsters and relax ever-so-slightly. Their shoulders slouch just a tad. The movements are so instinctual that they are only even noticeable to the most experienced observer.

Another reporter steps up into the place of the shaken Dick Bakeman and careful extends a bright yellow mic towards Matty.

media-scrum-1.jpg

Jarmo Santennen: Hello, Matty, this is Jarmo Santennen with Helsingin Sanomat. At the outset I have to say, Matty. This (Jarmo points to the security at the permitter) is very alarming. I think I speak for much of my colleagues when I say, we felt like we were on positive terms with you. What happened here is very inappropriate.

Matty: Thank you, Jarmo. I apologize to the fans. Dick, please forgive us on behalf of Pernell. I have to be honest, I’m not really sure what this is all about. We invited Kaufman. As usual he sent Valentina Konstantinova. This time, he sent something extra. I couldn’t tell you why. I want to be perfectly clear, CWMMA is a totally legitimate business. You can check yourselves, as I’m sure you have, we have all of our paperwork in order. Every fight we have is sanctioned and everyone is paid on time, every time. One more thing and no offense to parties present, Kaufman doesn’t run this show. We have engaged Kaufman’s organization to run media and public relations, that’s it. We don’t even have security outside of our standard event security, because we don’t need it. It’s just not that kind of organization. Okay, we’re in a hurry. Jarmo, you can get one more and then it’s wheels up back to Helsinki.

Jarmo: The reason we are here today, Matty. There are all kinds of rumors swirling. We are getting tips that you have some sort of major announcement for us. Would you like to make the announcement now?

Matty Fernandez: I’m going to put these rumors to bed RIGHT NOW! There is NO major announcement. Now OR forthcoming! Chuck W94 was gracious enough to invite us to Las Vegas for a cup of tea, we accepted the invitation and now we’re here. See, that’s all. That’s the big news is: We drank tea. If you want to write about something, we’ve got our first event, A NEW DAWN on Saturday. Keep an eye out, there will be a press conference mid-week to discuss that. Ok, Jarmo. Hope you got what you needed. Folks, we’ve got a long flight ahead of us. See you back in Helsinki.

On the jet some hours later.

Valentina Konstantinova is at the bar in the back of the jet refilling her vodka (neat, in case you were wondering). Much of the other passengers are either asleep or full engaged in their work. Matty pulls up along-side Valentina and squeezes in next to her so they are almost face-to-face.

Valentina, we talked about this up front. Your people gave me assurances they said came straight from Kaufman that is would not be an issue. We run an MMA promotion. That’s it. Nothing else. I don’t give a flying fuck what else Kaufman has going on. I don’t want to hear about oil and gas pipelines, media channels, exotic animals, and whatever else you guys are cooking over there. The underground life is in the past. I’m married with kids now. I don’t need your goons pulling their weapons every time a reporter asks a question. It’s bad for business, plain and simple.

Meester Feernandez, I must correct you. Pernell did not draw his weapon.

I don’t give a shit if he drew a fucking bunny rabbit! He nearly killed an ABC reporter. Now we’re going to have to give Bakeman some scoops…or something, so that ABC doesn’t sue. I’m serious, Valentina, no more of this shit. Do I make myself clear?

Vee vill see, Meester Feernandez, vee vill see.

• Upvote 5

Cwmma-hq.png

Meanwhile, at CWMMA Headquarters in the Sörnäinen neighborhood of Helsinki.

Good afternoon, you’ve reached the executive offices of Caged Warriors MMA, how may I direct your call?

I need to speak with Matty Fernandez NOW!

May I ask who is calling, please?

It’s Dick Bakeman from ABC…That’s D-I-C-K B-A-K-E-M-A-N from A-B-C. Get me Matty, now!

Please hold while I transfer the call.

CWMMA’s executive administrative assistant places Dick Bakeman of ABC on hold and presses two buttons on the phone at the corner of her desk.

Matty, we have a Dick…Bakeman from ABC on the line for you. It sounds urgent. Should I put him through?

Matty Fernandez is at his desk going over stacks of documents. There are binders piled high on one side. Several open binders with charts and graphs on top of each other on the other side. Matty reviews one of the graphs placing his finger on some key point, makes a notes on his pad, and types several strokes on a keyboard attached to a sleek desktop computer. The administrative assistants voice startles him. He jumps up to look for the phone under the mounds of paper, nudging his desk and dumping a portion of its contents.

Matty Fernandez: Eh Shit…Ok, Olivia, give me 20 seconds and then put him through.

Matty starts to smooth out his hair and brush crumbs off of his shirt. Then he remembers it’s a phone call. No one can see you. D’oh.

Go ahead and put him through.

MATTY, IT'S BAKEMAN. YOU MOTHER FUCKER..I'M GOING TO HAVE THE LAWYERS SO FAR UP YOUR...

Man-neck-brace.jpg

Slow down, Dick.

I can’t understand what you’re saying if you yell like that. Dick…calm down.

What? The electricity in your house went out? Why are you telling me this, call your power company.

Oh…yeah, that’s weird.

No…no don’t call the police

I know this is serious, DICK.

Dick…Dick…SHUT THE FUCK UP DICK!

Listen, we already formally apologized to you about what happened. It is deeply regrettable. You got the check to cover your medical expense, yeah? I’m sure you noticed we also included extra for…emotional damages.

I don’t why the check came from SYN, I’m not an accountant, I don’t send the checks

KAUFMAN?! I don’t have any clue if he had anything to do with it. For all we know, it could have been…Russian hackers…hahaha.

Too soon? Ok, you’re right it’s not funny. I didn’t know all your bank accounts and credit cards were compromised.

Look, off the record, I haven’t even met the guy. I think I talked to him once. They say he’s going to show up, but that stone-cold-bitch Valentina shows up instead. Their business practices leave much to be desired. But the signatures show up on time. And the work…well, let’s just say he can deliver.

I already told you, I don’t know anything about him. I’m not a private investigator. Do your own damn research, Dick. You work for ABC, don’t you?

I know, buddy. We owe you…we’ll make it right.

Fine…alright. You got me. There MIGHT be something major afoot. There WILL be a major announcement coming very, very soon. Dick, you better get your ass on a plane to Helsinki.

• Upvote 3

Cwmma-hq.png

The atmosphere is electric in the typically quiet lobby of the CWMMA Headquarters building in Helsinki Finland. There are people scattered all over. Reporters, cameras, Helsinki based fighters and teams, fighters/teams who have arrived for a NEW DAWN, and committed fans. A nervous Dick Bakeman is hobbling around somewhere in the crowd. Most fighters are in the zone. We are less than 24 hours away from fist-meets-face time!

At one end of the room is podium with the CWMMA logo and rows of folding chairs set out in front of it. There is an area in the front for photographers. A similar set-up to the New Dawn Press Conference, except no table.

The clock strikes the appropriate hour and an announcer calls for everyone to be seated. CWMMA staff assist in corralling everyone into their chairs. For approximately one minute, nothing happens. The crowd looks around eager to discern the source of this alleged BIG ANNOUNCEMENT that everyone was hastily assembled for. Suddenly, the elevator doors behind the rows of chairs open. Out stroll top CWMMA brass, Matty Fernandez followed closely by John Wayne sporting cowboy hat. Mr. Wayne appears to be wearing a holster at his side containing…a calculator. Math is a powerful weapon, folks. Stay in school. They are followed by several staffers who take their seats promptly. Matty and John make their way to the front of the room, taking ample time to share pleasantries with members of the audience and press. When they reach the podium, John takes a seat in reserved chair in the front row.

cwmma-presser-1.jpg

Matty Fernandez: Hello…good day to you all. Happy to see so many of you made it on short notice. Believe me, it’s been a crazy week. I know I said, there was no major announcement earlier this week. Well folks (Matty smiles) I lied. (Crowd reacts) We had to do our due diligence, okay? And now we are ready to make the announcement.

As you know, CWMMA is new organization. Our goal was always to provide a platform for up-and-coming fighters and catapult them to the biggest, most established organizations out there.

We’ve made a HUGE step in that direction.

I am absolutely THRILLED to announce that Caged Warriors MMA has joined the SYN Family.

Now, as an official development organization for the MOST HYPED MMA promotion in the WORLD. Our fighters will be just ONE STEP AWAY from the pound-for-pound best.

I’m sure you all have a ton of questions and I assure you they will be answered. But not right now. John and I have sooo much paperwork to complete and don’t forget, A NEW DAWN is in like 20 hours. Not to worry, we’ll be having a live TV interview with myself and Chuck W94 in the coming days hosted by the one and only “Legend” Kale Suanders and (takes a deep breath)…and urgh, Dick Bakeman too. You happy now, DICK?! I promise all of your questions will be answered. Till then. Ciao.

Matty and John powerwalk straight toward the elevators, this time avoiding interactions with adoring fans and other unsavory individuals.

These men are on a mutha fuckin mission.

cwmma-syn-logo.png

• Upvote 1

My boy El Isog fights againts that hometown bitch got robbed. They ruled it as Draw how is that possible? Homecourt advantage isnt it?? I want a presscon lol . By thw way the org is running smooth. Appreciate the effort of all the staff. Congrats on our partner in SYN City .

My Leevi Saros a "Hometown bitch?" Sure thing, Dodong, you true gentleman you.

Some facts: Your fighter got cut + rocked + taken down within the 2 first minutes. On both second and third round he got sat down AGAIN by Saros. At no point of the fight, was Saros in danger against your fighter.

The only reason match was a draw, was due Saros foughting conservatively about half round at the final round. In essence, El IsoG is lucky to have his draw with him when returning back home. Fight could of easily be appointed to Saros.

Maybe in future they will duke it out again. My "Hometown bitch" will be ready, to finish it then.

• Upvote 2

Yes your boy leevi is a "Hometown Bitch" he takendown El but didnt do any fucking damage. Leevi just want to ride like a cow girl. I see El winning on the 2nd and 3rd round. Its should.be a majority but its the hometown ok lets dont upset the fans lets give them a Draw. Im sure in the future they will meet but that time is El defending his belt againts Leevi on the same venue same Hometown of leevi and put an end to the D the wromg decissions .

• Upvote 1

CWMMA: A New Dawn

Event Review

1601272699ezgif.com-resize%20(43).jpg

MAIN EVENT

Sam Salter Vs. Al Barru

This is the one we had all been waiting for. I had my beverage refreshed and snacks at ready. Got settled in and..oh…OH….AND IT’S ALL OVER! Damn, I hadn’t even taken a sip of my whiskey (Colonel EH Taylor Single Barrel) yet. That was quick. The Salt putting a big W stamp on his career passport with this one, doing so in style and full effect. It took Salter all of 25 seconds to sink in that guillotine and send Al Barru off to dreamland. Why in tarnation would Barru consciously take this fight to the ground with a BJJ Brown Belt boasting an 8-fight win streak… with all 8 win coming by way of SUBMISSION. Enough about that, Sam Salter came in hot and come out the other end HOTTER. Lower weight divisions, take notice, Sam “The Salt” Salter is HERE!

Sam had this to say in his post-fight interview:

'I told you im not all hype. Im the best and I just proved it by beating the number 1 guy in the org. Give me my title shot.'.

Prediction: It’s impossible to ignore Sam Salter’s 8 submission wins. We’re going with Salty’s BJJ action by the first-round submission.

Result: Salty’s BJJ action by first-round submission

CO-MAIN EVENT

Riku Nobunaga vs. Crazy Legs

As expected, this was a ground war made especially for the viewing pleasure of BJJ stylists. The judges never forget who took it to the ground at the outset of each round, with Crazy Legs scoring takedowns well-executed takedowns. Certainly, Nobunaga was comfortable going there and didn’t mind. We would imagine it factored into the scorecards. Ultimately, the dubya went to the more active fighter. It wasn’t a blow-out by any means, though. No one tapped. Perhaps the only true losers were those fans without appreciations for the finer points of submission grappling. Sadly, that is a lot of fans .

Prediction: Nobunaga, second round submission. Safe choice here. All things equal Nobunaga holds edge were both fighters excel.

Result: Crazy Legs wins via ALL judges’ scorecards. Well done, big guy.

Paulo Maldini vs. Mario Thomas

Both of these men had demonstrated a considerable penchant and acumen for striking in previous fights. Fans were surely expecting a nicely giftwrapped package full of FISTS! And boy, did these guys DELIVER. Three rounds chock-full of back-and-forth face smeshing action. Let’s break it down a little bit. The first round had Thomas really showcasing his wares. This is likely where he landed the majority of his significant strikes. All three judges recognized this and gave him the first round. After that, Thomas kept up his striking, but Maldini really took over. In the second round, Maldini scored points by showing dominance in the clinch. No offense was delivered in that position, but he entered and exited with ease. The third round Thomas still pressed ahead in true warrior fashion. Maldini just had him out-skilled in deep water and nearly finished it with a flurry at the end. Thomas is no slouch, he bit down on his mouthpiece and held on till the end.

Mario Thomas had this to say after his Loss:

'He's Italian and I got Italian heritage, no bad blood here. Better fighter won tonight, hats off to Paulo.

Nice sportsmanship there, brother. The fans were the true winners. Thanks for the action!

Prediction: Really hard to call. Maldini split decision. It’s going to be a damn slug fest. Can’t wait.

Result: ALL Judges give this epic war to Paulo Maldini

Great work gentlemen. Fight of the fuckin Night ova here!!

Floki Magnusson vs. Matteo Sanchez

What can we say about this fight that can’t be seen by the redness and bruising on Cabron’s face and body after it’s conclusion. Matteo seemed to have the right idea of using his length to try to keep Floki on the outside and pepper him with head kicks, hoping on would put him out. But plans are thrown out the window against a game opponent once you’ve stepped foot in that cage. Magnusson had a strategy of his own, which he executed with the utmost perfection. Smother the crap out of Sanchez and hit him in all kinds of ways until he goes down. Done and Done. Cabron’s team will be looking at helping him avoiding getting cut like he did early on in the first round. All that said, Matteo has a committed fanbase and solid management team. Look for him to bounce back and make the CABRON NATION proud very soon.

Prediction: Iceland by 2nd round TKO

Result: Iceland by 1st round TKO

Victor Contrieras vs. Terrance Gerin

We were right about one thing. These guys came out swingin’ It was not hard to tell from the jump that by the end of this one, at least one guy was going to be waking up thinkin’ it’s last week. Gerin made a bad move and paid for it dearly coming out on the wrong end of a face full of paw. I’m sure had he been asked he would have opted to keep going. But it was in the referee’s hands. Gerin appeared to be trying to keep Mad Dog at the end of his jab and set up a finish in the later rounds. Mad Dog clearly had other ideas, throwing power punches from the bell. The fans absolutely devoured this one and I’m sure they can’t wait for the next card featuring both of these fighters. This one will be in highlight reels for years to come. Big ups to Mad Dog for KO of the fuckin Night. Listen, guys, no more checking the time when you fight Mad Dog. He’ll tell you what time it is. Bedtime.

Prediction: Mad Dog by decision

Result: Mad Dog TKO Strikes Round One! GIVE THE DOG MORE MEAT!!

Thorvald Nansen vs. Da Two

Well, we said it here, Da Two isn’t good enough to go to the ground with Nansen. There ya go. Torden earns the tap out round one. He nearly tore his damn arm out. Hopefully, Da Two doesn’t suffer any long term damage. To be fair, it wasn’t exactly Two’s choice to go to the ground the first place. Da Two was basically knocked around and rag-dolled for the entire match mustering one successful strike. Nansen showed such caliber in every aspect of his game in UNDER four minutes, that it should rightfully prove worrisome to his future opposition.

Prediction: Torden first round TKO

Result: Torden by 1st round submission (kimura)

eL IsoG vs. Leevi Saros

As we recall from the pre-event presser, Leevi Saros placed a stone an equal distance between him and eL IsoG. IsoG subsequently hurled the stone into the abyss. But did he really, in their consciousness. Or perhaps that stone remained, subconsciously placed an equal distance between them, all the way through till the last bell was rung? Maybe there’s more to this humble, hometown hero that meets the eye. Certainty, we will have time to find out as this rivalry has tumbled over into social media with each fighter and their teams having choice words for each other and the judges ever since the unpopular decision was rendered. Looking through the match, it really could have gone either way with each fighter showing sparks of brilliance. It was just too little, too late for IsoG, who showed himself to be the better fighter in the clinch. Clearly, the judges didn’t weigh his work there as heavily as other judges may have. We can expect the fiery and effusive eL IsoG to be back with a vengeance against anyone he’s put up against. And he won’t be looking for the decision. But, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. This rivalry is FAR from over. If I were a matchmaker, I’d put these boys back in there right quick and let ‘em finish what they started.

Prediction: IsoG by split decision

Result: Draw. Like kissing ya sister.

Saint George vs. Christopher Nolen

Chris Nolen wasn’t ready. The pressure was too much for him apparently. It looks he had a game plan, but it was quickly squashed as he was overwhelmed by Saint George early in the first round. Knuckles is a young guy, one loss ain’t killed no one yet (well, mostly). He’ll be back and with the right training he’ll have a future in the CWMMA and maybe even SYN, one day. We can’t look past “Sir” Saint George here though. This man delivered a stellar performance and will require more game (no disrespect, knuckles) opposition in the near future. Expect fireworks from Saint George and also, he can expect fighters to start asking about his unorthodox training which is said to involve literally living like a knight. Apparently, that shit is legit.

Prediction: “Sir” Saint George will please his lord with a first round KO

Result: The right honorable “Sir” Saint George by first round TKO by punches. The Lord will be pleased.

William Gray vs. Eden Tiah

All credit to Eden Tiah for making it all the way to the end. A lessor man would have crumbled under the relentless beatdown rained upon him by the man known as ‘Boozer.’ Gold Fist stayed in it the whole match and avoided getting finished, unfortunately, that’s where the good news ended for him. Gray dictated the pace and levels in each of the three rounds AND had incredible accuracy and diversity in his striking. A little more heat on those strikes may have netted him a TKO.

William Gray had this to say to members of the media who had predicted his defeat:

Yeah that's right, I won. I told you all in the press conference. You predicted for Eden to win? Nah, I got other plans. '.

Prediction: Gold Fist by 2nd round TKO

Result: …wait for it…Williaaaammmm “Booooozzzzeeerrr” Grraaaayyyyyy says don’t count me out, bitches. Unleashes three rounds of whupass! Wins the hearts of all three judges. Unanimous Decision.

Dustin Sleeth vs. Patryk Mikolajczyk

If this one had stayed on its feet, it may have ended with Miko’s hand raised. He was able to string together some nice kicks and even had some slight success in the clinch. Although not much. Once it hit the ground, he was in Dustin Sleeth’s element completely. He answered with a tiny bit of of ground pound, but had answers for little else. Dustin Sleeth, meanwhile, patiently grinded out a nice win for himself. It may not earn him many new fans, but no doubt it will give him a good starting point in his division. A win is a win, people. Sleeth may look to start to focus more on taking one piece of his game. While his knowledge of various martial arts will make him a threat in the lower rankings, faced with an opponent with an obvious strength in a given style may expose Dustin’s weaknesses in his coming bouts. An emphasis on BJJ likely would have netted him a finish in this one. Let’s forget all that for now and let Dustin celebrate an impressive win. Cheers to you, Dustin.

Prediction: Sleeth gets the Dubbya by first round tapout

Result: Dustin Sleeth Unanimous Decision

• Upvote 4

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15937875378932.png

Victor ''Mad Dog'' Contreiras

''Still didn't find the proper cup, sick situation. As you can see I'm finishing faster and faster as fights goes on. The fucking thing was wrong untill fight time, the only girl around that I could ask for help that I saw was Valentina, I'm crazy but I still love my life, the grind continues to solve this shit as Matty and John line up the poor guys who'll have to enter the cage with me. Who's next? I see you trying to escape Roy Ike, be a man and stand up to die!''

• Upvote 2

Jimmy Navarro

A Warriors Journal

Its been 1 month since I left my home in Mexico. I was given an offer I couldnt refuse: fight for my freedom or be deported back home where there is no such opportunity. Things are extremely difficult but thats a way of life. Ive been fighting all my life; for food, for education, for money. For me, its always been a game of survival - I know no other way.

I made 3 separate attempts at crossing the border but was captured every time. My last attempt landed me in jail. You see, when you are pushed into a corner, you have no other choice but to fight back...which is what I did. I was taught that if someone puts their hands on me in a way I dont like, i have the right to defend myself. Its only right. That little stunt I pulled at the immigration office should have sent me away for several years..... Should have.

I found myself face to face with immigration officials the next morning. I was sure they were going to throw the book at me but God must have had his eye on me that day because the judge took one look at me with a face of disgust & dismissed all charges. He told me he never wanted to see my face in his court room again. Fine by me...

On my way out I spotted a BMW with tinted windows parked adjacent to the courthouse. It was all black with shiny chrome wheels & a paint job so fresh you could lick it. I knew big business when I saw it. I was accustomed to seeing cars like that around town. Usually it meant drugs, dirty money or dirty business. Either way it was never anything good. I proceeded to walk the other way. The car made a sudden U-turn & slowly followed me. The windows came about half way down & a hand gestured me toward the vehicle. I cautiously approached unsure of what was to come.

The door opened revealing 2 men & a woman dressed to the gills.

VK: Its ok....have a seat.

I carefully made my way into the vehicle, watchful of their every move.

VK: Hello, Mr. Navarro, I see youve had quite the morning.

JN: ....Who are you & what do you want?

VK: My name is Valentina Konstantinovna. And the real question is: What can I offer you?

JN: What is going on?

VK: I am the spokesperson for Matty Fernandez, President of Caged Warriors (Syn City).

JN: Whats that?

VK: We are one of the top mixed martial arts organizations in Helsinki. We are scouting for top talent around the world & you happen to catch our eye.

JN: What about me?

VK: Weve been watching you. We like how you handled yourself against those officers. That was a nice display of skill & strength. We would like to present to you an offer.

JN: What kind of offer? If its drugs I want no part of it!

VK: We want you to FIGHT!

JN: No way! Its that same fighting bullshit that nearly got me...

VK: And it was WE that got you out of it! We have our ways of persuading those in power....its not hard. *smirks*

JN: So....whats the deal?

VK: ....We are prepared to make you an offer you cannot refuse....

• Upvote 2

Statement on Behalf of Kaufman Holdings

It has to our attention that a CWMMA fighter was recently approached by individuals claiming to be Valentina Konstantinova Kaminova and Vsevelod Kaufman on behalf of CWMMA Owner Matty Fernandez. This is, of course, impossible as Kaufman himself has little dealings with such trivial matters and certainly would not lower himself to do business directly with fighters. The Kaufman organization and individuals associated with Kaufman do not speak on behalf of Mr. Fernandez or the CWMMA. Nor does the Kaufman organization have the authority to offer contracts or fights on behalf of the entity mentioned herein. While Kaufman is involved in vast and varied business ventures across the world, his dealings in combat sports has so far been limited to press relations, communications, and fighter management. On the claim that the Kaufman Organization assisted Mr. Navarro in securing immigration status. At this time, Kaufman does not maintain formal relations or dealings with any governmental entity. It has been confirmed, however, that Mr. Navarro HAS gained immigration status AND secured a contract with the CWMMA.

Purpose, Nice write-up! I look forward to more. Get at me if you want to write something together. Your initiative has been noticed by the CWMMA Brass.

• Upvote 1

My boy El Isog fights againts that hometown bitch got robbed. They ruled it as Draw how is that possible? Homecourt advantage isnt it?? I want a presscon lol . By thw way the org is running smooth. Appreciate the effort of all the staff. Congrats on our partner in SYN City .

My Leevi Saros a "Hometown bitch?" Sure thing, Dodong, you true gentleman you.

Some facts: Your fighter got cut + rocked + taken down within the 2 first minutes. On both second and third round he got sat down AGAIN by Saros. At no point of the fight, was Saros in danger against your fighter.

The only reason match was a draw, was due Saros foughting conservatively about half round at the final round. In essence, El IsoG is lucky to have his draw with him when returning back home. Fight could of easily be appointed to Saros.

Maybe in future they will duke it out again. My "Hometown bitch" will be ready, to finish it then.

Yes your boy leevi is a "Hometown Bitch" he takendown El but didnt do any fucking damage. Leevi just want to ride like a cow girl. I see El winning on the 2nd and 3rd round. Its should.be a majority but its the hometown ok lets dont upset the fans lets give them a Draw. Im sure in the future they will meet but that time is El defending his belt againts Leevi on the same venue same Hometown of leevi and put an end to the D the wromg decissions .

If you boys wanna settle this once and for all,let me know and i'll set up the rematch as your next fights respectively.

Jimmy Navarro

A Warriors Journal

Its been 1 month since I left my home in Mexico. I was given an offer I couldnt refuse: fight for my freedom or be deported back home where there is no such opportunity. Things are extremely difficult but thats a way of life. Ive been fighting all my life; for food, for education, for money. For me, its always been a game of survival - I know no other way.

I made 3 separate attempts at crossing the border but was captured every time. My last attempt landed me in jail. You see, when you are pushed into a corner, you have no other choice but to fight back...which is what I did. I was taught that if someone puts their hands on me in a way I dont like, i have the right to defend myself. Its only right. That little stunt I pulled at the immigration office should have sent me away for several years..... Should have.

I found myself face to face with immigration officials the next morning. I was sure they were going to throw the book at me but God must have had his eye on me that day because the judge took one look at me with a face of disgust & dismissed all charges. He told me he never wanted to see my face in his court room again. Fine by me...

On my way out I spotted a BMW with tinted windows parked adjacent to the courthouse. It was all black with shiny chrome wheels & a paint job so fresh you could lick it. I knew big business when I saw it. I was accustomed to seeing cars like that around town. Usually it meant drugs, dirty money or dirty business. Either way it was never anything good. I proceeded to walk the other way. The car made a sudden U-turn & slowly followed me. The windows came about half way down & a hand gestured me toward the vehicle. I cautiously approached unsure of what was to come.

The door opened revealing 2 men & a woman dressed to the gills.

VK: Its ok....have a seat.

I carefully made my way into the vehicle, watchful of their every move.

VK: Hello, Mr. Navarro, I see youve had quite the morning.

JN: ....Who are you & what do you want?

VK: My name is Valentina Konstantinovna. And the real question is: What can I offer you?

JN: What is going on?

VK: I am the spokesperson for Matty Fernandez, President of Caged Warriors (Syn City).

JN: Whats that?

VK: We are one of the top mixed martial arts organizations in Helsinki. We are scouting for top talent around the world & you happen to catch our eye.

JN: What about me?

VK: Weve been watching you. We like how you handled yourself against those officers. That was a nice display of skill & strength. We would like to present to you an offer.

JN: What kind of offer? If its drugs I want no part of it!

VK: We want you to FIGHT!

JN: No way! Its that same fighting bullshit that nearly got me...

VK: And it was WE that got you out of it! We have our ways of persuading those in power....its not hard. *smirks*

JN: So....whats the deal?

VK: ....We are prepared to make you an offer you cannot refuse....

NGL, i did get notified about you via unknown sources,but at the end of the day, you are here now where you deserve to be, so good luck on your journey!

• Upvote 1

If you boys wanna settle this once and for all,let me know and i'll set up the rematch as your next fights respectively.

Im cool with the rematch. After the fight against Minoari Amida (368515), Leevi is open for the next opponent, IsoG rematch or other.

For now i have no time for dealing with leevi's team. Its not worth it. Maybe soon but now we have enough of their unfairness.

Calling opponent fighter a "bitch"...yet dodging rematch with petty excuses is a hilarious combination. But hey, no problem. All good. :coffee:

Maybe in future we meet in more optimal terms and do the rematch. Until then, all the best to you and to IsoG. :boxing:

• Upvote 1

Leevi "Stones" Saros, "The Finnish philosopher"

35w24.jpg

Stones Diary, part 1: Debut fight and the aftermath

London, England
30th October 2020

= Debut Debutted =

It's been almost a week since the debut fight against eL IsoG. My jaw is still a bit stiff, both fists tender and slightly red from the constant hits...and boy does my lower back give the rough greeting when waking up at morning. Gotta give it to the tattooed Philippinian, well fought. Respect. I also learned something about myself...both as a fighter and as a person. These I shall keep to myself, for the time being.

Result of the fight and the aftermath however, was not what I suspected. Fight was called as a draw. Some severe unhappiness were shown at the post-fight scene. Personal namecalling occured, even accusations thrown against judges being biased. Pure 20th century fight business drama circus unfolding.

"Repeating words of grudge and disdain only echoes true to the minds of misaligned"
- Leevi Saros 2020

This leads to bad news for all you stir-up-happy fight-fans: I am not the smacktalking type. You'll never see me badmouthing anyone nor see me going out flailing proverbial feathers in egoistical manner if things are not going as planned or as expected. Why? It doesnt get you anywhere. What does? Action. I'm all for that. Action. Result. Progress. Sure, I do think out of the box and mumble philosophical oneliners, but hey, nobody's perfect!

Back to the topic, I was instantly ready for rematch and made sure my manager gets the message. Also, the professional fight organizer of highest degree, Mr. Matty Fernandez, was well onto what was going on, offering rematch to both fighters. It was 100% green light "Lets go!" from me. Turned out opponent camp didnt feel the same. Rematch was declined.

All this post-fight fuss and controversy without accepting the rematch, effectively denying the proper closure of the unfinished dispute for both fighters...just sounds off. Words and actions do not cross here. Which makes little to no sense to me. Incompletion of the warrior's path chosen is a form of self-escapement. I rest my case.

"A man without resolve will float forever unbalanced"
- Leevi Saros 2020

= Positive words of a pressing matter =

1599186324aleksandr-baluev.jpg

All above aside, there was something fascinating to see, or to read, to be precise. The CWMMA: A New Dawn post-fight event review made me smile. Chief writer of Caged Warriors, the pen ultimate journalist Mr. Vsevelod Kaufman, is a specialist in his craft. On top of the excellent writing skills and effective communication chops, he is onto many things more. Here's a snippet from the "eL IsoG vs. Leevi Saros":

"As we recall from the pre-event presser, Leevi Saros placed a stone an equal distance between him and eL IsoG. IsoG subsequently hurled the stone into the abyss. But did he really, in their consciousness. Or perhaps that stone remained, subconsciously placed an equal distance between them, all the way through till the last bell was rung?"

- Kaufman

I cannot reveal how accurate this post-analyze breakdown was by Mr. Kaufman, but he definitely has way deeper thinking than your average PR paper stomper...

"Seeing is only a part of a true vision"
- Leevi Saros 2020

= Finnish stones are made of these =

rhvE6Ek.jpg

xsPDqGh.jpg

I love my home country Finland. I root to this land. The land of thousand lakes and forest lines right next to the eastern mighty mother Russia and our western big brother Sweden. High on all areas of technology, education, safety, democracy and wellbeing, we Finns, tiny bit over 5 million citizens living in 340 thousand square kilometres, are the most sparsely populated country in Europe. We are often labeled as distant and anti-social people. This is partially true. We Finns may indeed mind our own business generally more than people in any other country, but when facing example sudden emergency, there is common helpfulness, honesty and sincerity you rarely see anywhere else. In addition: If you earn the trust and heart of a Finn, in return, you often get a true friend - for life.

By plethora of standard of life measures, we frequently get ranked as the world's happiest country, yet our response/reaction to the result tends to undermine the fact. In dark contrast, we also have high suicide rates. This multifaceted dualism is deeply engrained to our DNA. Finland has never waged wars, keeps its neutral relations to everyone, and keeps living and thriving in peace. Yet we are ready to fight and die defending this nation and what it stands for. And yes, we are that small oddball nordic country that put Russia (ex Soviet Union) on back pedal invading our country during World War 2, despite being vastly outnumbered.

...And finally there is the god-awfully difficult finnish language as extra layer of random defense. Opposite to most other languages, ours doesnt really relate to any other language but our own. Just take a look at these words below. We really are bunch of funky ones arent we..

kMzDZCG.jpg R370Mpq.jpg

One more funny one. Below is a picture and comment from our former legendary javelin thrower Seppo Räty after achieving Olympic bronze medal in Atlanta 1996. His reply to interviewer's question is a pure example of a classic / vintage Finnish way of thinking despite the magnitude of event, result or surroundings. He did his job. Don't ask him extra.

AGYJ6xM.jpeg

Interviewer: "Congratulation, Seppo! You don't do the lap of honour?
(
lap of honour = running with a nation flag around the stadium in the spirit of winning the Olympic bronze medal for Finland)
Seppo Räty: "Hell no, if I don't absolute have to."

Oh, and we are fans of all kinds of sports, but we go full berserk mode over ice-hockey. We literally put babies skating as soon as they learn to walk. Yes, really. In past two decades, Finland of 5 million people with 64 thousand registered hockey players have been constantly harassing the hockey giants like the mighty Canada of 40 million people with staggering 620 thousand(!) registered hockey players. When achieved medals and player base (both U18, U20 and adults) are all inspected and compared, Finland has been the top hockey nation per capita for years. That's pretty cool from this little blue white country. Despite the "Seppo Räty" types, Finns also do know how celebrate:

RFSG1ra.jpg

= London gyms and safety measures =

On final note, I recently moved out from Finland. Yes, with heavy hearts I made the decision to pursue more effective training at London than what Helsinki has to offer at the time of writing. Helsinki really needs to step up it's public gyms. Anyhows, what I see from the outset, London is visually captivating city with stunning historical buildings and vibrant way of life.

Unfortunately, in past years, the crime rate has been creeping alarmingly high in London. Same unwanted trend can be seen in many other big metropolitan cities in Europe. So, gotta stay light on feet once returning home from gym at late night. These two hands can do only so much against all different kinds of modern era violent gadgets and other deadly instruments. Stay safe out there!

eWQPqXs.jpg

"London has this massive, iconic, world's tallest cantilevered observation device - The Millenium Wheel. I often find myself getting stuck watching it's slow, constant rotation..."

Stones Diary, to be continued...in November 2020.

ezgif-com-gif-maker-68.gif
  • Upvote 2