From Gatekeeper to Champ

PBR

Call him Matt Serra if you want but you will call him Champ. Grumpy and Mentor thought they would build Crotch Grabber's record little more with an easy win over a gatekeeper at best but call it what you want it bite them in the ass. It was a quick action filled rock'em sock'em type match. That ended pretty quick and with the ex champ only able to grab his own crotch since no belt to grab.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentaryold.php?FTID=987738

side note and discussion -- you notice Paulin is on a 7 fight win streak -- i checked his iq and turned out was very good so decided to do 100% shig as I have done on few others with very high iq -- since then the 7 fight win streak, also had a few other fighters that really turned it on and did better using shig slider -- while still set sliders just something about it seems to help on certain fighters

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

shig slider is very very useful to certain fighters -- i think its a combo of couple hiddens maybe that makes it useful and not only iq -- but i have had a few fighters that once started using it with slider setting also they turned things around and came to life ----- just something i know many are totally dead set against using but myself i know it works with certain fighters

shig slider is very very useful to certain fighters -- i think its a combo of couple hiddens maybe that makes it useful and not only iq -- but i have had a few fighters that once started using it with slider setting also they turned things around and came to life ----- just something i know many are totally dead set against using but myself i know it works with certain fighters

I've tried to give it so many chances and mixed results at best. Congrats on the W.

I've tried to give it so many chances and mixed results at best. Congrats on the W.

i have too but cant find the combo that makes it work right -- i have used it on regular on like 4 to 5 fighters in my history with success -- Lucas, Denke and Paulin most recent --- i actually have lost most interest in the game and got lazy set most my guys to shig for hell of it and all the sudden big turn around for him like the others in past -------- but like you mention also many dont work that way using it

Congratulations on the win! Well deserved. Not sure why you thought i was trying to build Crotch Grabber's record with an easy win. I put him in that fight because he was the highest ranking contender and deserved to be there. I do not "build" anyone's record and never had, all fights are based on record, hype and previous matchup's.

• Upvote 1

Congratulations on the win! Well deserved. Not sure why you thought i was trying to build Crotch Grabber's record with an easy win. I put him in that fight because he was the highest ranking contender and deserved to be there. I do not "build" anyone's record and never had, all fights are based on record, hype and previous matchup's.

He is just roleplaying and building his hype. Man has almost no incentive to keep playing, let the man keep the eye of the tiger alive

• Upvote 1

If you don't mind could you elaborate for the sake of science? Paulin got dropped and rocked and then proceeded to turn it around in a big way. I would think that is heart & IQ from the SHIG but I surrender absolutely to your knowledge lol

SHIG is a modifier only for position changing sliders - try to clinch & go to ground(from standup), break clinch and go to ground(from clinch), standup(from ground). It is even written in the info page. I have had great success with 100% SHIG with a fighter who had takedowns - I could set up 1% takedown attempts(to avoid spamming them and have higher success rate) and 100% SHIG, and if he was struggling at standup, he was increasing his td attempts. SHIG is a nice feature, but it is not how people think it is in their imagination - a fighter changing all his sliders thanks to his IQ. If you set 100% SHIG and 0% tds and 0% clinches at standup, then SHIG has absolutely no impact on the standup part of the fight, seems like that's the case in PBR's fight - he simply had better striking sliders.

dont see where says position changing only -- states gameplan

Follow my orders vs See how it goes: During a fight, your fighter will assess how well he thinks he is doing in each area of the fight (standing, clinch and ground work). Depending on how intelligent and experienced he is, he may decide to change his gameplan. However, if you don't want him to change his gameplan at all, you can say so using this tactic slider. The only exception is if you tell your fighter to never do something (e.g. never go to the ground). If that's the case, no matter how badly he's doing in the other aspects of the game, he won't take it to the ground.

• Upvote 1

It is in the first two sentences.

maybe im not understanding what your trying to say or something -- you make it sound as if he is losing standup he will try take down or clinch -- not that he want change other tatics like turning into counter / agg fighters or switch up to more kicks -- is that what your saying

maybe im not understanding what your trying to say or something -- you make it sound as if he is losing standup he will try take down or clinch -- not that he want change other tatics like turning into counter / agg fighters or switch up to more kicks -- is that what your saying

That's my understanding of the slider. It just makes you more likely to try potentially take the fight to the clinch/ground more often if you have any % set to go there instead of just losing a stand up fight or same for the other general positions. It's just if you have low IQ the AI is really bad at it.

That just didn't really play into this fight.