Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

On 7/4/2021 at 11:27 AM, Oldbones said:

Sometimes fighters are just better like Ortiz and Shamrock, Jones and Cormier, etc, and Psiris definitely knows how to clip Longsun and going into this the tot showed Longsuns disadvantages, but we also knew early on Longsun wouldn't be more than a top 10 competitor and we hardly ever turn down a fight, so at least the sweet part of this defeat is knowing his losses come quick and early and he'll never have to taste another mans sweat especially while watching the belt slip away twice. 

So enjoy this victory, it's like a non-alcoholic beer, looks and tastes like something good but really just hollow empty calories. 

(Also trash talk aside, you sonofabitch lol, I did not expect that coming because I supremely worked on Longsun's defensive abilities leading up to this, congrats.)

It was a fun rivalry - arguably the best in SP history...seriously, Hare, how many trilogies has SP had? 

• Upvote 1

Nati’s intro: Hello friends and welcome back. Once again, my father is at work on the weekend, so he did not have time to write this review. There wasn’t a preview written up for this event, so we will just have to work with what we have, I suppose. It may be shorter than usual, but you get what you get. 

Fight # 1 - Prodigy vs Costune

The first fight of the night was a welterweight match between Young Prodigy and DJ Costune. Usually, I like to see the night start with something exciting but, unfortunately, this was not anything special. Prodigy and Costune fought through all 3 rounds and let it come to a decision, where the judges unanimously chose Prodigy. It was pretty obvious from the fight that he would be chosen the winner, but the judges had to make the final call anyway. 

Fight # 2 - Powell vs Ballsawash

Fight number 2 was a heavyweight match between Andre Powell and Victor Ballsawash. This is the kind of fight we like to see, as Powell knocked Ballsawash out with a series of punches just short of 3 minutes into the third round. Powell pretty much had it from the start, though, as he cut Ballsawash just a couple seconds into the fight. Naturally, that didn’t look good for the rest of the fight. A good win like this should boost Powell’s morale though, and it seemed like it did just that in his post interview, where he said, “I want the champ next,” along with a bit of other nonsense. 

Fight # 3 - Martens vs Paetmar

Fight number 3 was a lightweight match between Alex Martens and Venali Paetmar. I feel like I remember disliking Paetmar for some reason, but I’m not really sure why. These two fought the whole fight, and it ended in a majority draw. This is the first draw I have ever seen, so that’s interesting. There was a lot of action and good fighting throughout the match, but personally I think the judges should just commit to a decision. None of this “draw” stuff. At least one of the judges made a choice, so shout out to them. 

Fight # 4 - Megnus Maximus Jr Maximus Jr vs Mandinos

For the fourth fight of the night, we had Marcus Megnus Maximus Jr Maximus Jr (Why must they do this to me? It looks like a cat walked across the keyboard) against Kahdi Mandinos (I like you better by default, your name makes sense) in a welterweight match. Unfortunately, Mandinos failed me and let Megnus Maximus Jr Maximus Jr win via TKO from punches 55 seconds into the third round. There’s been a lot of fights that have ended in the third round tonight; that’s a bit odd. 

Fight # 5 - Kekkonen and Cooper

The final fight of the undercard was a heavyweight match between Ultima Kekkonen and Sam Cooper (that’s a very boring name). The fight lasted all 3 rounds and, in the end, the judges unanimously chose Kekkonen. Probably because he has a cooler name, but that’s just my guess. There was some good action throughout the fight; some clinches and several cuts, probably the most cuts I’ve ever seen in one fight. Kekkonen won every round, though, so it was clear that he would be deemed the winner for this one.

Fight # 6 - Hall vs  Veer Jr

The first fight of the night’s main card was a middleweight match between Sirus Hall and Van der Veer Jr (Why are there so many Jr’s? Where are the originals?).  This is already my favorite fight of the night, as it lasted only a mere 33 seconds. Hall won very quickly via TKO from strikes. I can feel the second hand embarrassment from Veer Jr from here. That’s just pathetic. On the bright side, it balanced all of the longer fights of the night nicely and is easily the quickest win of the night, so that’s something for Hall to be proud of. There’s nothing for Veer Jr to be proud of. Take some time, bud. Practice a little. Try not to disappoint so much next time. 

Fight # 7 - Joseph vs Cabrera

Fight number 7 had Jihadi Joseph and Herve Cabrera in a featherweight match. This is the first fight I’ve seen in a while, probably since my first review, that has ended in a split decision. But here we are. After 3 long rounds of hard fighting, the match ended and it was close but, alas, it didn’t work out for Cabrera and Joseph was deemed winner. At least Cabrera had support from one judge, so at least he can say it was close. Not that it matters, it's still a loss for his record. As Vin Diesel once said (in The Fast and The Furious), “It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning.” I think that applies here, too. Better luck next time, Cabrera. 

Fight # 8 - Lampi vs Kuznetsov

The eighth fight of the night was a light heavyweight fight between Eemeli Lampi and Aleks Kuznetsov (another hard name to spell). This fight was on the quicker end of the night, with Lampi winning by TKO from strike just a second before the end of the first round. It seems like there’s been more TKO’s from strikes than usual this evening, but that may just be me. Lampi went on the offensive for most of this fight and, in the end, it worked out for him. Well done, Lampi, well done. 

Fight # 9 - Matsuda vs Marka

As we near the end of the night, the co-main event featured Tanaka Matsuda and Luka Marka in a middleweight fight. This fight ended 3 minutes and 57 seconds into the second round when Matsuda decided to display his BJJ skills and hooked Marka with an armbar. Marka couldn’t escape and was forced to tap, making Matsuda the winner. Marka was so disoriented from the fight, he started speaking in third-person during his post-fight interview. There were a lot of submission attempts throughout this fight, too many for the fans’ liking. Maybe try to spice it up a little next time, ok? 

Fight # 10 - Shima vs Chontamenti

The main, and final, event of the night was a 5-round fight between Hero Shima (who has been quite successful in all the fights I’ve seen him in) and Thoth Chontamenti for the heavyweight title. Chontamenti was the defending champion, and he had an 11-1 record going into this fight. But, and we’re happy to see it, Shima outdid him throughout the fight and won via majority decision after 5 long rounds of fighting. We love to see the underdog win, and this is no difference. A new heavyweight champion has been crowned, and now he will await hsi challengers. Best of luck, Shima. I have no doubt that Chontamenti is going to want that title back, so I’d be prepared for a rematch if I were you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I would very much like to thank Nati for doing as much as she could to help me (and us) out over the past week here with things. Even though her reviews/previews are a tad less detailed and more whimsical shall we say in their approach, I still can't thank her enough for stepping in and providing us with something while work has been riding Donkey and I like a rented mule...which in this case he kinda is, but not me damnit, not me!  Seriously, 12-14 hour days for the past 7 days in a row, including the July 5th "day off" and no break this past weekend.  This will come to an end sooner than later I hope, but in the meantime hang in there with me folks!

On 7/9/2021 at 3:35 PM, HareRumpler said:

Nati's note: Since Hare and Donkey are preoccupied with work at the moment, please enjoy my review for SPPS 70. Hare and Donkey will try their best to have a preview out by tonight. Please excuse any formatting or grammatical issues, or at least keep them to yourself :)

Fight # 5 - Akerfeldt vs Rajantaka

The final fight of the undercard was a light heavyweight match between Bjorn Akerfeldt and Tarmo Rajantaka.  Hare said this one would be an easy call and, thus, Donkey called it right. For the most part. Rajantaka won the fight towards the end of the first round via submission. A lot of wins in the first round tonight. That’s fun. Donkey called The winner and way of winning correct, but was off on they type of submission. Nonetheless, we will give Donkey the point, making him 3-2, I believe. He started off the night strong, what a waste. There were a lot of submission attempts throughout this fight, and I mean like A LOT. Like constantly. No break. Probably not much fun to watch, hence the lower fight rating.

Bjorn Akerfeldt: Nati, why must you treat me like bad moose meat, first you call my last round 1 submission against Choctawk Bloode boring, now you spread this fake news and say I didn't even win the last fight, what did I do to get on your bad side!? Why do you hate grapplers!?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Oldbones said:

Bjorn Akerfeldt: Nati, why must you treat me like bad moose meat, first you call my last round 1 submission against Choctawk Bloode boring, now you spread this fake news and say I didn't even win the last fight, what did I do to get on your bad side!? Why do you hate grapplers!?

LMFAO!!! Wait till I tell her to get on and face the music for her errors!  LOL!!!!  ?

2 hours ago, Oldbones said:

From Nati: My apologies. I realize now that I was wrong and your fighter won. Too late to change it now, though, everybody has seen it. It's already out there. I will edit it with corrections. Minimal corrections, but corrections nonetheless. I do, however, stand by the my statement saying it was a boring fight. It was. I do hate on grapplers. They could try to throw some other action into the fight. Nobody wants to see 20 submission attempts in 4 minutes, it's bland and makes my job difficult. Please try to make it more fun. Thanks.

1 hour ago, HareRumpler said:

From Nati: My apologies. I realize now that I was wrong and your fighter won. Too late to change it now, though, everybody has seen it. It's already out there. I will edit it with corrections. Minimal corrections, but corrections nonetheless. I do, however, stand by the my statement saying it was a boring fight. It was. I do hate on grapplers. They could try to throw some other action into the fight. Nobody wants to see 20 submission attempts in 4 minutes, it's bland and makes my job difficult. Please try to make it more fun. Thanks.

LMAO @ Nati!!!!   ??  "...it's bland and make's my job difficult.  Please try to make it more fun."  HAHAHAAHAH!!! 

3 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

Bjorn Akerfeldt: And no fighter wants to be punched in the face 1 time after any amount of minutes, kids these days!

1 hour ago, andy808 said:

Sub spammers have a special place in hell waiting for them. Not as bad as people who have no balls and play the accuracy game though

Well after being punched in the face a whole lot by Jacob Parker, we needed to rethink our strategy. Don't worry there's plenty still in the tank we haven't put out there yet and once we finish the Chocktaw trilogy we'll be finding our way back to you champ.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1626186384SPPS_Poster_72.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 72

Hello out there to all our Sucker Punch faithful!  I’m Hare Rumpler and I’ll be joined tonight by my pal and colleague, Donkey “Dan”, as we step back into the preview/review business here to bring you a full featured look forward at SPPS 72!  We do thank Nati Batti for jumping in over the past week or so to help out…and certainly her latest review seemed to generate a bunch of back and forth fun in the forums…but I have a feeling many of our managers and fighters in the upcoming cards will also enjoy having Donkey’s voice back in the room!

Tonight we have a friggin’ fantastic mid-week treat for everybody as we have not one…but TWO…titles on the line this evening!  Yep, you heard me right…both the Welterweight and Middleweight titles will be contested this evening with some of the biggest names in Sucker Punch going out there and getting’ after it this evening!  We’ll just leave it there as a teaser and wait for the details on those in the main previews below and move on here to the rest of the card which looks to be an amazing one.  I won’t be surprised one bit if this one sets a new record rating for us here at SPPS this evening!

We’ve got a bunch of the skinny boys on tap, as Nati would say, with three Featherweight fights scheduled over the first four in the Undercard.  Turner versus Barrett and then Thompson versus Nagashima will be the two to kick things off for us tonight.  In between those two and the other Featherweight bout will be a Middleweight contest between highly touted Landon McGuire and Oliver Allen.  Normally with McGuire involved this would be a Main Card fight but Allen is still working on building a name so it brings down the overall hype a bit…but if you’re a big SPPS and MMA fan you know damned well that that’s a treat on the Undercard and one that you should absolutely NOT miss! 

Speaking of big names…that other Featherweight fight we just mentioned?  Yeah, it’s got Dankula in it against Skywalker!  Wooooo, now what an undercard to have both McGuire and Dankula mixing it up so early in the evening, am I right?  That can only spell huge things for the rest of the night!  Closing out the Undercard will be Joseph DeAngelo in another Middleweight contest with Humphrey Wellington.  I can’t wait for this one as sparks will definitely fly and set the Bondi ablaze as we head into the Main Card tonight!

And that’s all just on the Undercard there folks up to this point!  Before we even get to the Main Events tonight we’ve got three other pulse pounding fights on the Main Card with Lee and Perkele facing off at Welterweight, possible future Top Contender Lukasz Wieczorek taking his shot at securing that distinction in the Light Heavyweight division if he can manage to handle a tough Mike Bard this evening and last but not least, Red Crow and Matsuzaka putting it on the line at Welterweight to see which of them is on the fast track to getting back to a title fight in the future! Yeah baby…bring on the show!

With that, let’s get a quick word in about our sponsor and merchandise partner and move on to the good stuff!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Shadow Warrior Nutrition will be on hand at the event tonight and I cannot say enough about how much we appreciate having them as our merchandise partner and sponsor here at Sucker Punch!  Do yourself a favor…better yet, do your fighters who you spend so much time developing and preparing a favor…and stop by the stand tonight or visit their store to grab some of their Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q.  It is literally the best energy loss reduction supplement money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting!  Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Featherweights

Geroge Turner (12-8-0) v BJ Barrett (1-3-0)

We’ll get the evening started here with a bit of a skinny boy fight as Nati would say!  Not sure if it’ll be a slap fest though as Turner has a definitive advantage on the ground with his brown belt in Jiu Jitsu.  He’s used those ground skills to score ten submission victories over his career.  His most recent five wins under former manager Chris Swimmer were all submissions as well, so this boy clearly knows what he wants to do to win.

Tonight will be a good night for Barrett to pay attention to and be wary of those ground skills of Turner.  Keeping the fight on the feet will be his priority as he has big advantages in both boxing and Muay Thai.  Granted, his one win so far on his career came via submission but as we said last month when he made his Sucker Punch debut there is a huge difference between the QFC world and the real MMA world here at Sucker Punch!  Here he’s going to have to focus on keeping and utilizing his advantages.  He’s unlikely to top Turner on the ground outside a lucky break and if he takes it there he does so at his own peril!

Donkey’s Pick: Turner via Submission (Armbar)

Dan Inacan rejoins us here at Sucker Punch and will accompany his new young ground prodigy to the cage this evening.  He’ll attempt to start out his management run with Turner on the right foot by claiming a ‘W’.  Sometimes there needs to be a bit of an adjustment period as a new manager gets accustomed to a fighter but I think there’s plenty of prior work here to go on and Inacan will be just fine.  My gut tells me that Barrett isn’t going to keep this off the ground and may take it there himself and when that happens things may get dicey for him.

Undercard Bout #2: Featherweights

Tyson Thompson (6-2-0) v Kaoru Nagashima (7-7-0)

We get another Featherweight battle thrown at us in this second fight of the evening.  This one will see ole crazy eyes Nagashima himself head to the cage a bit earlier in the evening than he’s used to.  Tyson Thompson, who very, very closely matches Nagashima in skills with only a bit of an edge in boxing will be the guy Nagashima’s eyes fall upon tonight!

Despite his middle of the road 7-7 record overall Nagashima has been coming on of late with three wins in a row which, in reflection, makes that 7-7 record look damned good compared to the 4-7 it used to be before this run!  Where Nagashima’s early career saw him win via submission on his first four victories, he’s now turned the page and shown a change of direction with three TKO’s in a row!  Granted, still typically working the ground game to get those though.  There’s no reason to expect that he won’t try to take this fight to the ground tonight but it remains to be seen if he’ll focus on subs, strikes or a mix of both and go all opportunistic on Thompson. 

That is if Nagashima can even get the fight to the ground.  Or won’t that be a problem?  It may not be, as Thompson’s can clearly hold his own with his exceptional wrestling and brown belt.  While this fight sees him entering the cage for only the second time under current management, and also coming off two losses in a row, his early career boasted a string of six wins straight.  Two of those wins came via submission so clearly there are some latent Jiu Jitsu skills hiding in there.  More recently though he’s been pushing the fight to a decision when he wins.  He will need to be careful if he is tempted to use the ground game, or fails to avoid it this evening, as he did fall to Destin Craven last month in his SPPS debut via submission. 

Donkey’s Pick: Nagashima via Submission (Armbar)

Tyson has the skill advantage and everybody knows I also have a tendency to go against streaks and trends sometimes as I have the philosophy that all must end at some point.  If I were to go with that approach, I’d be saying that Nagashima’s run of wins and Thompson’s two loss run both end this evening.  Instead, I have a hunch that both extend those streaks just a bit further this evening with Nagashima seeing that submission loss of Thompson’s last month and making a run at the ground against him.

Undercard Bout #3: Middleweights

Landon McGuire (6-2-0) v Oliver Allen (4-4-0)

I almost had to do a double take when I saw that Landon McGuire’s fight tonight got sorted so early on the card!  But hey, it happens, and this is a HUGE opportunity for Oliver Allen to make a splash in front of a ton more fans than normally might be paying attention after his two prior losses at SPPS!  That’s not taking anything away from him, but McGuire is a fan favorite and definitely will have all eyes on this fight!

Julian Wallace marches to the cage with his boy Allen for the first time tonight as Allen changed management after losing to my own Darwin Zambrano in late May.  Optimal MMA Picks, his prior manager, just couldn’t seem to get on the same page with Allen so after three losses in a row he bailed.  Wallace will see if he can get Allen back to his ways of winning via the KO or possibly even bring a few new skills to the table.  Allen has exceptional skills across the board which very closely match McGuire’s so this one will come down to a matter of strategy, training and guidance!

McGuire, the former Middleweight Champion, lost his belt in his third title defense to the once reigning king of the Middleweight division here at Sucker Punch, Wanderson Machado.  After that loss he faced Kazuma the next month in what some saw as a fight that was more a formality before McGuire returned to challenge for his belt again.  Things went sideways for McGuire when Kazuma showed up with the eye of the tiger, refusing to be anybody’s stepping stone and took the opportunity for himself with a KO finish over McGuire in the second round!  For McGuire to get back to the top his march up that ladder again needs to start tonight as a loss would be devastating in the short term.  With Allen’s history of KO’s I don’t think it’s out of the question to think that McGuire may try to get back to his old ways by taking this fight to the ground and trying for submissions.

Donkey’s Pick: McGuire via Submission (Kimura)

This is an EXTREMELY tough fight to pick and I won’t lie, I was tempted to take Allen here and bet that he breaks his streak and finds his way back to winning.  Both fighters are desperate to change their fortunes around at this point, so both should be hungry as well.  But I need to see Allen win under a new manager before I take him, as management changes can sometimes take a fight or two to sync up.

Undercard Bout #4: Featherweights

Count Dankula (6-0-0) v Luke Skywalker (8-6-1)

Here we go with yet another fight that I’m shocked to see sort out so early in the evening!  Dankula was a former beast in the Featherweight division until his manager suddenly disappeared.  After Brocc Ogan took some time to work with Dankula and get him not only back to form but back to better than anybody thought he’d be after such a long layoff he’s now ready to start making some waves.  Late in May he re-entered the cage after almost nine months off and was able to pull off a win over…well, Pull Plugger.  Tonight, he attempts to take another step forward against another accomplished Featherweight in Luke Skywalker.

Skywalker is a former Top Contender as he went after the belt back in January against Michael Aalto. He fell short, losing via decision.  Since then he’s taken two more losses but also earned three wins.  The losses were against top grade competition in the likes of Kurt Cobain and Jihadi Joseph, both of whom he took the distance.

Both of these fighters are historically strikers first although Skywalker has shown he can pull off submissions in the past.  Skywalker has a slight advantage in both Muay Thai and wrestling tonight so nobody should be surprised if he clinches up and tries to work the up-close and personal game.

Donkey’s Pick: Dankula via TKO (Strikes)

Despite the time that has passed since his days of pulling off first round TKO’s and KO’s, Dankula still has an undefeated 6-0 record.  Until I see it fall, I’m going to give that record the respect it deserves.

Undercard Bout #5: Middleweights

Joseph DeAngelo (10-4-0) v Humphrey Wellington (9-11-0)

Our final fight of the Undercard could bring us one of the best fights of the night if my hunch is right about these two Middleweights.  Both come into the cage fully prepared to give it everything they’ve got, gas tanks on full and morale on high!  Boooyahh!

I’m not entirely sure what a ‘wog’ is, but apparently Wellington is the neighbor’s!  Hmm.  Remind me to keep the wife and pets in the clear just in case!  He makes his Sucker Punch debut this evening and comes in off a decision win over Luke Glanton over at BBFC.  He’s lost the prior two via submission and TKO, so clearly there are a couple potential holes there in the game.  Especially as we look back and see a history of not only winning via TKO, but of being taken out via KO on more than a few occasions.  In his prior fight over Glanton, Wellington fended off an uber aggressive boxing attack from Glanton showcasing some solid strike defense while demonstrating some outstanding kickboxing of his own with a heavy dose of the “kick” portion. 

DeAngelo, a former Welterweight Champion with WPFA, has struggled some since he lost he belt there.  He came in strong at Sucker Punch as he shifted thing up a notch to Middleweight, winning three in a row, but then has been sidetracked with back to back losses to Zhao and Kuiva via KO and decision respectively.  Wellington has shown his chin can be gotten to, which is something that DeAngelo would love to take advantage of with his boxing.  The only issue?  Wellington may have the advantage there tonight which may force DeAngelo to consider alternate strategies.

Donkey’s Pick: Wellington via KO (Strikes)

My instinct was to go with DeAngelo and say that he gets to Wellington’s chin but something is tingling the hairs on the back of the neck saying that Wellington may be up for a big night and a shocking debut.  Let’s get it on and find out!

Main Card Bout #1: Welterweights

Mister Lee (4-4-0) v Ispa Perkele (11-6-0)

OK!  Moving on into the Main Card here with Perkele and Lee ready to blast right into that cage full of energy, morale and everything we need for one hell of a fight between these two tonight!  Love it!  And damn, aside from a small amount of Muay Thai and wrestling that favors Perkele, these two come about as evenly matched in every aspect as you can ask for!

Mike C took Perkele under his wing back when Ispa was still with Checkmate.  He won his final fight there via TKO over Manco Capac and then they made the move to Sucker Punch.  Since arriving here with us, his time has been spent bouncing between wins and losses as he’s split his record 2-2 under Mikey C. Most of the time the fight ends in TKO, but unfortunately it’s not always in favor of Perkele. Perkele does enjoy using the clinch to soften up and abuse his “cage buddy”, so his advantages tonight play right into that and I’d expect to see him use it early and often!

Lee abused my own Lou Valentine in late May to score his first and only submission victory so far.  He’s 3-2 under current management and Runt would like nothing more than to guide him to two in a row and 4-2 under his banner. He’s also proven he can win via TKO or decision as well so that should keep Perkele on his toes and off-balance in terms of fight prep.  If I had to guess I’d say he tries to build on the ground game success from last fight tonight.  If he can grab another win he’ll be well on his way up the ladder with a chance to take on some of the other Top Contender hopefuls!

Donkey’s Pick: Perkele via TKO (Strikes)

Again, I’m going against my first instincts here tonight and thinking that Perkele keeps this on the feet and uses his superior clinch skills to do the right amount of tenderizing before finishing!  We’ll see if I’m on my game or not or if I’m just way off tonight!

Main Card Bout #2:  Light Heavyweights

Lukasz Wieczorek (10-4-0) v Mike Bard (8-5-0)

Another great matchup tonight where both fighters are amped and ready to get into that cage with their best stuff! Yes, yes baby, this is what I love!  Bring it! 

Bard has been on a hell of a tear of late with four wins in a row.  Now he just needs to add a couple top tier wins to his resume to make a strong case for Top Contendership!  Wieczorek would definitely fit that bill!  Bard’s last three fights ended via (T)KO and he’s been going after his foes with a brutal ground and pound approach!  He’s also been taking his shots at submissions here and there to keep them honest while opening up more opportunities for shots to land!  It’s working. 

Ever since Alexei Smirnov took over managing Wieczorek he’s found new life in his MMA game.  Wins over both Ecker and Rajantaka via KO and TKO respectively have revived his winning ways which had gone missing since the end of his stay at Checkmate when he failed to capitalize on an opportunity to snag the Light Heavyweight title there.  He’s marching up the ranks here at Sucker Punch now and is one step away from a Top Contender battle that could earn him a second opportunity to go after the belt in his career!  But Bard wants that same opportunity and won’t concede it easily.  Expect Wieczorek to go with what’s been working…which is pinpoint boxing with a heavy focus on head shots!  And given Bard’s likely attempts to take this fight to the ground, I wouldn’t be surprised if many of those head shots come on counters tonight.

Donkey’s Pick: Bard via TKO (Strikes)

Unlike Nati I actually like a good solid ground game and Bard brings that to the table.  Wieczorek  has heavy hands, so there is a good chance one of them lands and lands hard before Bard can drag this to the ground. But if Bard does I expect he’ll be able to work his patented approach down there.

Main Card Bout #3: Welterweights

Red Crow (9-3-1) v Keisuke Matsuzaka (12-4-1)

Our last fight before the Main Events is a huge one for both of these Welterweights!  Matsuzaka has worked his way up to the top of the division and now has an opportunity to earn a title shot if he can walk away the victor tonight.  That won’t be an easy task though as Red Crow is undoubtedly driven with a fire in his gut to get BACK to the championship to try to regain the belt he lost last month to Juan Christiano!  Juan also defends tonight, so while we don’t know who will be waiting for either of these kids yet, you know they’ll finish their fight and immediately get ready to see who’s going to be the champ as the night finishes up!

Matsuzaka has won four of his last five fights, only dropping one to Ceedee Queen in May via decision.  Queen stole the spotlight there and moved himself to next in line for a title shot with only a TC fight holding him back, one that he unfortunately lost to Ronnie Bass.  This is a tight division with more than a few highly talented fighters vying and jockeying for opportunities!  Tonight Matsuzaka will look to impose his dominance with his hands as he brings an aggressive and nasty boxing to the table for his opponent!

Crow has his work cut out for him tonight in a tough test to earn his way back to the title.  He’d won seven fights straight including three via decision.  That third decision earned him the championship from Ronnie Bass but then he fell via the same method to Christiano last month.  In most of his fights he, too, brings a heavy attack with the hands but tends to mix in a lot more kicks as well which is what separates his approach from Matsuzaka’s tonight.  I expect this to stay on the feet and be a whirlwind affair of hands thrown and the feet potentially being the difference maker…one way or another.

Donkey’s Pick: Crow via Unanimous Decision

This is a hell of a fight we have on tap here as these two are going to really go at it!  I picked the fight via decision but honest, I feel that that might be asking a bit much as one or both of these two are likely to gas themselves, or the other, out well before the three rounds are over!  And the one who gasses first is likely the loser!  I think Hare is on the right track though, the feet may play the difference maker in this one adding that little bit of extra dimension to things.

Co-Main Event:

Middleweight Championship Bout

Wanderson Machado (12-2-0) v Kiryu Kazuma (8-5-0)

I really don’t have to say much about our Co-Main Event tonight to hype this thing up as it hypes itself!  The difference here between these two top tier Middleweights?  Kazuma’s slight edge in boxing versus Machado’s bit of an advantage in both Muay Thai and wrestling…as well as his pedigree of success!

Kazuma will absolutely have to bring his ‘A’ game tonight if he wants to walk away the champ!  Mattias Lundgren has been working the boys in his camp hard to try to advance them to places they’ve never gone before and has changed his approach since the New Year hit for 2021. Apparently it’s working as Kazuma leads the way in success and gets a crack at the title!  With four straight wins he’s more than earned this shot now that he’s down the likes of McGuire to earn this opportunity and also taken W’s from Harms, Hirst (former champ) and Filth before that.  Those are some MORE than solid names in the division and speak volumes.  McGuire was a heck of a way to warm up and get ready for this fight as his style is much like Machado’s.  Defeating the former champ who lost the belt to Machado in the first place really sends a message heading into this contest tonight!

It will be interesting to see how our current champ, Machado, adjusts for things tonight if at all.  Led by three outstanding managers over his career, Machado is currently managed by none other than Bwang Jong Jr.  Having that man (full disclosure, an alliance mate of mine!) in your corner is a difference maker all by itself.  Ever since picking up where Mac Little left off after a short break Machado has run through three opponents in a row, including taking back his belt from Landon McGuire and then defeating Tanaka Matsuda in his first title defense.  All via KO, KO and TKO.   I’m expecting a complete throw down this evening between Kazuma and Machado and it’s going to come down to ALL THE LITTLE THINGS between these two fighters and their managers this evening!

Donkey’s Pick: Machado via KO (Punch)

Machado has never, ever been finished in his career.  His two losses were both decisions, one of which was a very, very controversial split decision to Nyah Hirst which not only lost him the belt originally but was the first loss of his career.  There were more than a few people who saw that as anything but a loss, but hey…nasty judges and all. Kazuma has lost via TKO and KO.  He can win this one tonight, but for a title fight I have to go with what the records and results tell me and that’s that this is Machado’s to lose!

Main Event:

Welterweight Championship Bout

Juan Christiano (11-3-0) v Ronnie Bass (12-2-0)

I have no doubt that Ronnie Bass’ manager, Andrew Wittig, has sent him into the final fight of the night tonight prepared to challenge for the Welterweight Championship in this Main Event.  At the same time though, Andrew also hasn’t been around in the past eleven days and therefore Bass comes in prepared, but without his manager supporting him in his corner.  That could be the difference maker in this fight tonight folks!

Ronnie will no doubt still be focused on what he needs to do this evening.  He’s a 2x SPPS Champion and would love nothing more than to make that 3x’s!  He first won the belt from DJ Costune back at the end of the Cockshot Sorter Series that established the divisional rankings for SPPS.  He lost the belt in the first defense but came back up the ladder with a vengeance and won it again from…Juan Christiano!  The second time around he successfully defended against Igor Vovchanchyn before being felled by Red Crow.

With a win over Ceedee Queen last month, Bass is right back looking to swipe the belt and take it back home again.  And he’d like nothing more than to make it a double dip against Juan Christiano!  Christiano on the other hand will be focused on making the adjustments he needs to avoid a repeat KO loss this time around!  Typically he can win by wearing you down, either taking the fight via points with the judges or eventually just gassing your ass out and then swiping the TKO victory from his opponents.  Last time, that didn’t work out as Bass came out punching hard and looking to end it long before it could make it to the judges or a gas out situation!  Can Christiano figure out a way to avoid those heavy shots tonight?  Christiano hasn’t made it this far without being able to adjust.  He was Welterweight champ at Checkmate before joining Sucker Punch.  Then he won the belt from Igor Vovchanchyn here at SPPS after coming in with his hair on fire!  He defended successfully against Fuhren but then lost the belt to the very same Bass he’ll be fighting tonight.  Clearly Bass is a thorn in his side and problem he needs to solve!

Donkey’s Pick:  Christiano via TKO (Strikes)

I’m going to go ahead and say it.  It’s the little things leading up to a fight, those last few training sessions, etc. that fine tune a fighter and gets him ready for the big one.  Bass hasn’t had that and for that reason I have to go with the champ retaining in this one tonight.  But when you have a striker like Bass on tap anything can happen!

So there we have it Sucker Punch fans!

C’mon folks, gets your butts in gear, get over to the Bondi and let’s have ourselves a blast!  The tailgating is already in full effect and Donkey and I are heading over for all the fun and excitement in just a bit!  We’ll see you there!

Till then, have fun and don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

10 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

Co-Main Event:

Middleweight Championship Bout

Wanderson Machado (12-2-0) v Kiryu Kazuma (8-5-0)

I really don’t have to say much about our Co-Main Event tonight to hype this thing up as it hypes itself!  The difference here between these two top tier Middleweights?  Kazuma’s slight edge in boxing versus Machado’s bit of an advantage in both Muay Thai and wrestling…as well as his pedigree of success!

Kazuma will absolutely have to bring his ‘A’ game tonight if he wants to walk away the champ!  Mattias Lundgren has been working the boys in his camp hard to try to advance them to places they’ve never gone before and has changed his approach since the New Year hit for 2021. Apparently it’s working as Kazuma leads the way in success and gets a crack at the title!  With four straight wins he’s more than earned this shot now that he’s down the likes of McGuire to earn this opportunity and also taken W’s from Harms, Hirst (former champ) and Filth before that.  Those are some MORE than solid names in the division and speak volumes.  McGuire was a heck of a way to warm up and get ready for this fight as his style is much like Machado’s.  Defeating the former champ who lost the belt to Machado in the first place really sends a message heading into this contest tonight!

It will be interesting to see how our current champ, Machado, adjusts for things tonight if at all.  Led by three outstanding managers over his career, Machado is currently managed by none other than Bwang Jong Jr.  Having that man (full disclosure, an alliance mate of mine!) in your corner is a difference maker all by itself.  Ever since picking up where Mac Little left off after a short break Machado has run through three opponents in a row, including taking back his belt from Landon McGuire and then defeating Tanaka Matsuda in his first title defense.  All via KO, KO and TKO.   I’m expecting a complete throw down this evening between Kazuma and Machado and it’s going to come down to ALL THE LITTLE THINGS between these two fighters and their managers this evening!

Donkey’s Pick: Machado via KO (Punch)

Machado has never, ever been finished in his career.  His two losses were both decisions, one of which was a very, very controversial split decision to Nyah Hirst which not only lost him the belt originally but was the first loss of his career.  There were more than a few people who saw that as anything but a loss, but hey…nasty judges and all. Kazuma has lost via TKO and KO.  He can win this one tonight, but for a title fight I have to go with what the records and results tell me and that’s that this is Machado’s to lose!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/knockdown2.gif
Kazuma drops Machado with a hook right on the temple. He thinks about going to the ground but Machado looks back up at him and smiles so Kazuma waves him back to his feet - he obviously thinks he can knock him out after that shot landed.
Oh Machado is still all over the place! His legs are completely gone! Will he be able to recover?!!
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/cut2.gif
Wanderson Machado's cut is bleeding quite badly. He's got to try and protect it.
Fantastic stuff here - a very entertaining period of action, which has drawn cheers from the crowd.
Machado leaves his chin hanging out and Kazuma seizes the opportunity with an uppercut! Machado crumbles to the floor in a heap, and the referee steps in and tends to the downed fighter! What a knockout!

Mr. Takahashi: The Dragon of Dojima comes through with his KO Power in the first, this was the most agonizing matchup in the career history of Team Lundgren and we could not refuse a title offer. Going into this we knew it was a Rocky 1 situation a good fighter with a mixed record vs one of the all time best, the best we hoped for was to go the distance, but we refused to let Kazuma watch that and only let him watch Rocky II in a Rocky I VHS cassette box and clearly that paid off, using Donkey's strategy for Machado against Machado was all we needed to clinch this one and attain our rightful spot as a Champion team and Kazuma's spot as a true warrior and competitor!

Kazuma: Hey Donkey! We did it! 

• Upvote 3

1626186384SPPS_Poster_72.png

POST EVENT CHEAP SHOTS 

(Nati Batti Style)

Sucker Punch Pro Series 72

Folks, I'll be coming back to this tomorrow afternoon to add in Donkey's Takeaways after my middle daughter's swim meet.  For now though, Nati finished her part below and I wanted to get it out there for everybody!  Enjoy!

Fight #1- Turner vs Barrett

The first fight of the night was a featherweight fight between George Turner and BJ Barrett. This was a quick fight, with Turner winning via submission only 25 seconds into the fight. Despite the match not lasting very long, it did take 2 attempts to get Barrett to tap out. Barrett got out of it quickly the first time Turner tried for a kimura, but he couldn’t escape the second. The fans loved how quick the fight was, and the fight earned a 100% fight rating. Donkey chose Turner to win via submission, so 1 point to him. 

Fight #2- Thompson vs Nagashima

The second fight was also a featherweight fight, and was also won by submission. Tyson Thompson and Kaoru Nagashima fought for a minute and 51 seconds before Thompson got Nagashima to tap out using an armbar submission. Even though this fight was longer than the previous fight, it only took Thompson one submission attempt opposed to Turner’s two. A bit of a surprise that Thompson managed to win this one, seeing as he didn’t seem to start off to such a great start. But he did it in the end, so good for him. Donkey started off well by guessing the first fight correctly but, alas, it didn’t continue as he chose Nagashima to win this one. Donkey is 1-1 now. 

Fight #3- McGuire vs Allen

Fight number 3 was a middleweight fight between Landon McGuire and Oliver Allen. This was yet another fight that was won before the end of the first round, this time by KO. McGuire won just over halfway into round 1 by knocking out Allen with a punch. There was little action throughout the fight, just some jabs back and forth. The most interesting part was the brief advertisement 2 minutes in, which should tell you how I feel about this fight. Not very fun, nothing memorable, definitely wouldn’t want to see again. Donkey did choose McGuir to win this one, but he said it would be by submission, so perhaps a half point? Not sure he deserves a full point. 

Fight #4- Skywalker vs Dankula

Fight number 4 had Luke Skywalker against Count Dankula in another featherweight fight. A wannabe jedi against a wannabe vampire. How interesting. This also happens to be the third featherweight fight of the night, and there’s only been 4 fights so far. That’s a lot of skinny boys. Unsurprisingly, these skinny boys failed to deliver an interesting ending, and the fight went to a decision where Skywalker was chosen by the judges unanimously. Sucks for Donkey, this is another wrong for him.

Fight #5- DeAngelo vs Wellington 

The final fight of the undercard was a middleweight fight between Joseph DeAngelo and Humphrey Wellington. This was another fight that ended quickly, not that I’m complaining. I love good fights that end in the first round. DeAngelo won via TKO from punches 55 seconds in. He went on the offensive from the start, forcing Wellington to try to defend the jabs that he was taking. Alas, Wellington could only hold off DeAngelo for so long and eventually Wellington was out and the ref called the fight. Donkey’s not doing so hot tonight, as he’s now something like 1.5-3.5 if we take the halfpoint into consideration. He shouldn’t have chosen Wellington.

Fight #6- Lee vs Perkele

The first fight of the main card was a welterweight fight between Mister Lee (His first name is Mister? That doesn’t make sense) and Ispa Perkele (That’s a fun last name). These two fought well through all 3 rounds and when it came down to a decision, the judges unanimously chose Lee. That’s a shame, Perkele’s name is much more fun. Donkey chose Perkele. I can’t say I blame him, I probably would’ve too. But then, we would have both been wrong. Donkey’s picks are really sucking for the night. Like really really sucking. Maybe next time will be better for Donkey. 

Fight #7- Wieczorek vs Bard

The seventh fight of the night was a light heavyweight fight between Lukasz Wieczorek (hard to spell, but very fun) and Mike Bard (not fun at all). Wieczorek knocked out Bard just short of the end of round two via strikes. A pretty good fight all around, with quite a bit of action. Even a few submission attempts in there. But, unfortunately for Bard, a big uppercut sent him down and he was out. Very happy with this one, I was rooting for Wieczorek anyways. Donkey foolishly chose Bard, which added another wrong pick to the night’s record for him. 

Fight #8- Matsuzaka vs Crow

Fight number 8 was a welterweight fight between Keisuke Matsuzaka (Fun name, 10/10) and Res Crow (Not sure I’ve seen this one in a fight before). This one was a very close fight and, when it came down to a decision, some of the judges even disagreed. However, the majority chose Matsuzaka and, thus, he is the winner. There was a bit of action, but it was mostly just exchanging light hits back and forth for 3 long rounds. Donkey got this one wrong, too. I’ve lost count of how many he’s got wrong. Too many. Way too many. Donkey sucks at choosing. I guess he didn’t cheat this time. 

Fight #9- Kazuma vs Machado

Fight number 9 was a championship fight between Kazuma (challenger) and Machado (defending) for the middleweight title. Despite this being a 5 round match, Kazuma decided to end it a minute and 26 seconds in by knocking out Machado with a punch. Kazuma cut Machado only a few seconds in, so it was pretty clear from the start that it would go Kazuma’s way. Unfortunately for Machado, he is no longer the champion. But I’m sure he will want a rematch sooner or later. Donkey was wrong again, choosing Machado over Kazuma.  But that’s not really a surprise at this point, is it?

Fight #10- Christiano vs Bass

The final fight of the night was another championship fight, this time between Juan Christiana (defending) and Ronnie Bass (challenger) for the welterweight title. This fight lasted 5 long rounds, and it went to Christiano via majority decision. There was some good action throughout the fight, but I don't think anybody really wanted this to last all 5 rounds. That’s probably why it only got a 62% fight rating. Christiano and his manager should be pleased, since he gets to keep his title. At least Donkey got this one right.

• Upvote 3

1626443827SPPS_Poster_73.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 73

Hello out there folks!  We’re back for our second big event over at the Bondi Outdoor Arena this week as eighteen kids get ready to go out there and put on a hell of a show for our Sucker Punch fans worldwide!  Yes, now, I said eighteen because we had one fella go MIA a while back and the date on the card was too soon to get anybody else who was ready to go, so we’ll be one fight short tonight. Overall, it shouldn’t affect things much and just gives us more time to focus on the rest of em, am I right?

So let’s get things rolling here.  As usual, I’m Hare Rumpler and I will be joined again this evening by my colleague and analyst, Donkey “Dan”.  Now, Donkey could be a little gun shy tonight I think, as he’s been taking it on the chin pretty hard of late by one or two of our managers who have it in for him now, haha.  Most of that abuse has been coming through me as a middleman, but it’s been coming regardless.  Honestly folks, he deserves it.  Again, am I right?  Of course I am!

Tonight we’ll kick off the four fight Undercard with Apophis Kalmisto and Akara Kongsangchai as they, along with Sitsongrit and Bremner, will represent the Featherweight division this evening as bookends on the Undercard.  In between, we step up the beef factor just a bit with Light Heavyweights Jedi Rebel and Devin Ecker in the second fight of the evening and the big boys Teixeira and Ryker filling in the rest of the middle there.

For the Main Card we’ve got a ton of great action!  Fury and Lindgren mix it up at Light Heavyweight with possible Top Contender implications on the line for Fury.  Then, with even more Top Contender considerations on the line, Queen and Barbosa get things going in the Welterweight class as our first and only showing from the WW’s on the evening.  Both of these kids have been lingering around the top trying to make good on opportunities to move forward for title opportunities but just barely falling short a few times between them of late.  A win for either tonight puts them one step closer to separating themselves from the pack and potentially working towards the chance once again, so you know they’ll both be bringing their ‘A’ games!  Then there’s the final matchup of the “big boys” before the Main Events kick in…with Tyson and Meshkov both attempting to make it three in a row and set themselves apart from the rest of the division that’s chasing along.  Both have been giving it their best go to claw to the top and despite knowing what lies ahead you know that should they win a couple more they won’t back down from the biggest opportunity of their careers!

Our Main Events are shocking in that we do have a Title Fight on the line tonight in the Light Heavyweight division between challenger Rogerio Duarte and reigning champ Jacob Parker.  But, that fight, believe it or not, is slightly out-hyped by the Lightweight battle between Yip Man lii and Maximus Furioto!  Furioto is on the hunt for a shot at the title and a win here would secure it.  Man lii has been offered the opportunity several times but hasn’t felt he was quite ready for that step.  Will he take it this time if he wins here?  Or will he remain the ultimate gatekeeper?  Can’t wait to find out!

With that, let’s get a quick word in about our sponsor and merchandise partner and move on to the good stuff!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Do you find that you’re resting your fighters too often? Two, three, maybe even 4 times a week sometimes?  If that’s the case, you’re probably not supplementing their training, and if you are I’m thinking you’re not doing it with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, which is Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s outstanding energy loss reduction supplement.  It’s the best money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting!  Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Featherweights

Apophis Kalmisto (0-2-0) v Akara Kongsangchai (2-10-0)

We get things warmed up this evening with this Featherweight battle between Kongsangchai and Kalmisto.  Two fighters who very much both want…nay…need…to get some wins under their belt!  Kongsangchai, despite having what even his manager describes as ‘all the tools in the world’ cannot seem to buy himself a win of late.  He’s now gone a staggering seven fights in a row with losses being the result each and every time.  Hell, if not for a single win against Yellow Belt Casey breaking things up, he’d be 0-11. Instead, he’s 1-10 over his past eleven and bless his heart, that’s not really all that much better now is it?

Kalmisto isn’t in quite the same dire straits.  Yes, he’d really like to get a win, but his record consists solely of two losses so far that both came in QFC test fights.  Now, under new management and having had time to get himself sorted out and molded into something closer to the vision that manager Marky Mark has for him, he’s ready to get into the cage ‘for real’. 

These two are about as even as you can get.  Kongsangchai has the slightest advantage in Muay Thai while Kalmisto has an even smaller edge in wrestling.  Kongsangchai came out heavy with the clinch and Muay Thai usage against Dismantle two fights back and you have to wonder, given that’s his one area of advantage this evening, will he do the same here and hope for a better result?  The real wild card in all of this is what Kalmisto’s intentions might be and what he’s been working on with his camp!  Without any recent activity to go by it’s anybody’s guess where this thing goes!

Donkey’s Pick: Kongsangchai via TKO (Strikes)

I always feel that the first fight or two under a new manager can be trying ones where the manager and fighter need to still get on the same page some.  Now, that said, Marky Mark is a hell of a manager and that normal adjustment period may not come into play here!  However, with not much else to go on, I’m going to say that it’s about time Kongsangchai breaks god awful losing streak!

Undercard Bout #2: Light Heavyweights

Jedi Rebel (5-2-0) v Devin Ecker (4-6-0)

Although Jedi Rebel comes into this Light Heavyweight contest with the overall better record he’ll face a tough test against Ecker who technically has the better skillset, at least on paper in primaries.  Rebel’s morale also isn’t quite topped off for this one, although it’s not so low that Donkey would normally use it as a deciding factor unless it was a very close and tough decision.  Which this might be.

Both contestants come in off two fight losing streaks and a chance to restart the engines and get things rolling with a win is just what the doctor ordered.  Barring some freak draw type situation, one of these two will certainly have his spirits raised at the end of this one.

Ecker has the standup striking advantage in both boxing and Muay Thai which will suit him just fine as all of his wins have come via KO or TKO. Although, it’s important to note that his most recent win came via a brutal ground and pound attack. That makes things extremely interesting as Rebel, while not having a win yet under current management, has won most of his prior fights in the QFC via the ground game and strikes from there as well.  Knowing that, will Ecker back off the ground attack this evening and try to work standup more or does this turn into a battle for position on the ground, with or without Ecker’s cooperation?

Donkey’s Pick: Rebel via TKO (Strikes)

I’m going with the upset here and still going against my normal move to defer to preparedness this time around.  I’m not sure why. Perhaps it’s Rebel’s history of wins on the ground and my belief that this one will end up down there?  This could very easily end with a nasty KO long before it gets to the ground or frankly, just go Ecker’s way if he can control and gain top position!

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweights

Jairzinho Teixeira (9-6-0) v Brutus Ryker (3-7-0)

Alright folks, a small standing clap of appreciation please and all, as this I believe is probably scheduled to be Ryker’s last fight with us. His manager, Kyle F, made it pretty clear that he agrees there’s some things unfortunately lacking but in the good way that he is decided to let him fight out his contract for the fun of it.  Tonight, he’ll have the Muay Thai advantage in this Heavyweight showdown with Teixeira and attempt to go out on a winning note after bouncing back and forth between wins and losses here at SPPS.

Teixeira will likely respect his opponent for stepping into the cage one more time to see his contract out but at the same time have no intention of handing over a ‘W’ for free!  Coming off a loss himself to Anton Meshkov this will be another day at the office for Teixeira as he tries to get the ‘W’ for himself and make it three out of the last four. 

Teixeira hits and hits hard.  He doesn’t throw tons of shots but those he does are bombs.  Ryker, who has had a bit of a tendency to show a suspect chin, is going to need to stay far away from those and avoid letting one land just right!  The issue?  Ryker likes to toss some hands himself, so it’s live and die b the sword and tonight one of these boys is probably getting dropped before we’re three minutes into the first!

Donkey’s Pick: Teixeira via KO (Punch)

If I were Ryker I’d probably have been working on an alternate approach for this fight, maybe even taking it to the ground and working an angle there. Standing and striking with Teixeira probably won’t go well so we’ll have to see how it turns out.  Going on the assumption that they do stand and throw, as Hare said, I’d have to say Teixeira is the favorite.

Undercard Bout #4: Featherweights

Petsuwan Sitsongrit (6-1-0) v Jaxon Bremner (5-5-0)

Our last fight of the Undercard will see these two talented Featherweights face off in your classic striker versus grappler scenario! 

Bremner, while extremely skilled with submissions, was unable to pull off the win over Aalto in his Sucker Punch debut and fell victim to his own devices, losing via triangle.   Last month saw him fall via KO in the much talked about showdown with Chulalongkorn.  Tonight he gets to truly put his skills to the test against a solid striker who can win via points and wear you down but could be susceptible to the ground game.

Sitsongrit has won five in a row, the most recent four via decision, with only a loss to Emiliano Blackburn in a test fight marring his record. He’s well on his way to a potential Top Contender battle and an opportunity to take a shot at the title, but first he has to prove he can step up to a solid ground specialist like Bremner.  Bremner is going to be laser focused on NOT being a stepping stone here and will be looking to put a notch in his own belt, so I expect this to be an extremely hard fought one this evening!

Donkey’s Pick: Bremner via Submission (Armbar)

Sitsongrit has all the tools to win and win and win on the feet.  But if it goes to the ground, Bremner is seriously skilled and I do feel that in a fight like this, where Sitsongrit will look to drag it out and wear Bremner down for points, the opportunities will be there to get the fight to the mat.  And then it’s time for Bremner to step it up if he wants this ‘W’!

Main Card Bout #1: Light Heavyweights

John Fury (7-2-0) v Dolph Lindgren (7-6-0)

So, I called the Kongsangchai/Kalmisto fight that opened the night for us a fight that was “about as close as you can get” in terms of skills.  Well, I stand corrected as this this Light Heavyweight bout to open the Main Card up is truly just about as closely matched as you get!  Lindgren and Fury are even across the board with the possible exception of just the smallest smidge of an advantage for Fury in boxing.  It’s friggin’ negligible though! 

The sparks will fly in this one as Lindgren attempts to shake off three losses in a row in a big way if he can win over Fury.  The same goes for Fury as he’ll come out with an extra dose of energy as a win here would make it four of his last five and earn him a Top Contender battle with Wieczorek, leaving him just one hop away from a title shot.  And that’s something that I know new manager Mac Little is looking for as he returns to the cage with his new charge in tow!

What can we expect from these two tonight?  To quote the infamous Clubber Lang…PAIN!  Fury has KO power from head to toe and loves to dish it out.  He’s only lost two fights in his career and both were to elite strikers, current champ Parker in his first go round with the belt and his most recent fight against Lampi.  Lindgren loves to throw down as well, but is also ok with taking things into the clinch if he thinks he has the advantage there.  One thing that could put a twist into things this evening though…Lindgren has won a fight via submission and Fury has never truly been tested on the ground by a talented Jiu Jitsu artist.  Could Lindgren take that approach???  I’ll tell you what, I can’t wait to find out!

Donkey’s Pick: Fury via TKO (Strikes)

My pick is solely because I’m being told by Hare that I am contractually obligated to provide one!  Honestly, I can’t call this one.  Lindgren has so many angles he could choose to come at Fury with that it’s all going to come down to strategy, skill and a little luck and his manager has the ability to pull this out, that’s for sure.  At the same time, Fury is being driven by one of the best managers in the game now as well and could make this “Lights out!” before the opposing team realizes what happened if Lindgren isn’t careful! 

Main Card Bout #2:  Welterweights

Baldomir Barbosa (9-5-0) v Ceedee Queen (6-3-0)

One thing I can say for certain tonight is that the guys we’re bringing to the cage over at the Bondi are ready to GO!  And I love that!  This is what I’m talking about, this is what the fans at Sucker Punch want to see and this is what we absolutely friggin’ love when our fighters come prepared and ready to rock!

Queen and Barbosa both know that they are sitting right at the top of the big “pack” in the Welterweight division and they also know they’re primed to make a break from it and run back up into the Contender ranks again with a big win or two!  And each of them knows that the man they face tonight definitely qualifies as one of those “big wins” if they can find the right answers in the cage this evening!

Queen will have a slight edge in both boxing and wrestling and a tad bit more than that in Jiu Jitsu tonight.  Barbosa brings the better Muay Thai to the table as well as a nasty attitude, a “been there, had those chances, knows what it takes” level of experience and a hunger to get back.  But Queen has had a small taste in the past as well, even as recently as his fight last month against Bass.  That one could have propelled him into a title fight but he fell just short in a decision loss.  Know that that’s not something he’s easily forgotten and he’s going to come into the cage tonight with an intensity to match Barbosa’s, no doubt!

Queen loves the ground and pound but has significant skills on his feet as well, using a heavy dose of head shots mixed with some looks to the body and low kicks to keep his opponents off balance.  Barbosa is an “in your face” brawler who doesn’t try to punch your head…he tries to punch through your head to hit what’s behind it!  That said, he’s also not opposed to taking the fight into the clinch if it looks like that’s the path to victory and once there you can expect him to dish out some serious work to the head and body.  He’s not the dirty elbows and knees type, but that doesn’t mean it won’t hurt folks!

I expect Queen to take this to the ground at some point.  And then the entire fight may come down to…can he do enough with it once there? 

Donkey’s Pick: Queen via Split Decision

Neither of these men have EVER been stopped via TKO or KO.  Despite putting it all on the line and coming with some of the nasty stuff in all of their fights.  That’s amazing quite frankly.  Aside from one submission loss by Queen early in his career the only losses these two have ever suffered have been via decision.  And you know, despite how hard they’re going to bring it tonight I don’t know that I see that changing.  This pick is a shot in the dark!  A hard shot.  From one of them.  That may prove me wrong and put the other in the dark!  I just don’t know which!

Main Card Bout #3: Heavyweights

Ashwin Tyson (8-2-0) v Anton Meshkov (7-4-0)

Our last fight before the Main Events and boy, you don’t get much bigger than these two!  Literally.  They’re Heavyweights and not only that they’re both on two fight win streaks coming into the event this evening.  They’re not quite on the cusp yet of contention given relative skill but the winner of this one will certainly earn a much closer look and an opportunity to earn his way into contention over the next couple months!  So there’s a lot on the line for both of these fighters as they’re working their way towards the ultimate goal!

Meshkov had a rough start at Sucker Punch here with two losses in a row to Sefina and then Porter.  After that, he pulled things together, settled in and got things rolling as he’s won all but one of this last six fights!  Now, many of those fights were level relative in the division but you can only beat who’s put in front of you.  Given the chance to step up last month against Teixeira, Meshkov came through with flying colors not only continuing his trend of finishing via (T)KO but earning ‘KO of the Night’ honors with his performance.  Tonight, he gets the chance to step it up one more notch yet again and it’s a big one! 

Tyson joined Sucker Punch two fights back after starting over under new management with Andreas Johansson’s team.  The change did wonders for him as he came out of the gate with two back to back wins here at SPPS over solid competition in Conchobhar and Powell. He brings an extremely exciting kickboxing display to the cage, even winning his fight against Conchobhar via a highlight reel head kick KO that earned him ‘KO of the Night’ honors there to match Meshkov’s recent accolades in that department!  SO I think it’s fair to say that tonight this is the fight to watch if you’re looking for some serious fireworks from the big boys!

Donkey’s Pick: Tyson via TKO (Strikes)

I’m picking Tyson here for one reason only.  And it could be a flawed reason.  But I’m going to give him the edge due to the varied attack he brings to the fight with his kickboxing.  I think that may keep Meshkov slightly off-balance and create some opportunities to land a big one.  That said, Meshkov’s pure focus on strong striking may serve to dial him in and allow him to capitalize.  I don’t know folks, you guess!

Co-Main Event:

Light Heavyweight Championship Bout

Jacob Parker (9-2-0) v Rogerio Duarte (12-7-0)

Here we go folks!  The title fight you’ve all been waiting for…but no, it’s not quite the Main Event this evening!  Is it really?  Sure, it’s right there, but believe it or not we have a more hyped one coming up after this!  That said, this fight should prove to be every bit worth the price of the tickets tonight folks! 

Duarte comes into this fight as the challenger and brings with him a great resume with four back to back wins, two here at Sucker Punch since joining us, and a very, very impressive set of skills to work with!  He’s proven he can get past a striker in Veidt and handle one of the better submission specialists in this division in Akerfeldt last month.  He brings sensational wresting and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu to the cage but given his past performances we have to assume there’s no submission looming on the horizon from him.  Instead, in order to avoid Parker’s impressive striking ability tonight I’d say the most likely scenario is for Duarte to take this fight into the clinch, if he can, and use his sensational wrestling combined with exceptional Muay Thai to try to wear down Parker and win it up close and personal, just as he did against Victor Veidt two fights back.

Doing that against Veidt may prove a bit of a different scenario that doing it against the champ tonight with Parker in the cage.  Parker is now a 2x Light Heavyweight Champion here at Sucker Punch after winning his belt back last month against John Doe, the same Doe who took the belt to begin with back in February from Parker.  With Doe moving down to Middleweight, a move he’d been talking about for a while prior to losing the belt, there will be a whole new string of challengers for this belt at Light Heavyweight.  Before Parker needs to worry about that though he first needs to focus on this first title defense!  Parker has only lost once in his career if you look past his first test fight in the QFC.  That was to Doe as we discussed, and it was via decision.  Every other opponent has fallen to his strikes.  Can Duarte follow Doe’s lead and manage to outlast in this one or will he become another victim?

Donkey’s Pick: Parker via TKO (Strikes)

I wanted to pick Duarte in this one.  I really did.  And I almost did anyways.  I just have a sneaky suspicion that perhaps the clinch game could be an Achilles heel for Parker this evening.  And, quite frankly, it would be a heck of a lot of fun to make the pick just to get under Andy Down’s skin!  Haha.  But, here’s what held me back.  Parker’s never been downed (get it, some Hare style bad humor there!) in a fight, losing his only true loss via decision.  So if Duarte was going to pull this off, it’d have to be via a crushing inside game in the clinch or outlasting Parker.  Duarte has, however, fallen via TKO and KO before.  Several times.  And that’s what Parker’s drooling over tonight without t a doubt.  But hey, prove me wrong Duarte, and get the fans into a frenzy!

Main Event:

Featured Lightweight Bout

Yip Man Iii (11-2-0) v Maximus Furioto (14-5-0)

Our Main Event of the evening and there is a ton on the line here.  For Furioto, this is his chance to make his way to a Lightweight Title Fight!  If he can get past Yip Man!  For Yip Man, there’s still a pending title shot on the line if he continues to win, plus, a ton of personal pride on the line as well. 

Yip Man lii has never truly been tested on the ground to date.  Some (ahem, Logan…) have insinuated that Man has avoided and moved around those fights, specifically avoiding him when he was champ up till this past month.  Others, such as manager J. W. Hardman himself, have stated it’s simply a matter of knowing your skills and knowing what you are and are not ready for yet.  Tonight we put all that to bed. Furioto is more than a formidable test on the ground. Win or lose, nobody will ever be able to say that Man hasn’t faced a ground fighter yet and after tonight we’ll know just where he stands!  Yip Man gets the job done with a vicious combination of boxing and clinchwork.  He’ll move between the two using whatever is working wear down an opponent.  Eventually to the point where either he grabs the decision or gets the TKO. 

Furioto makes no qualms about his intentions.  He has some standup, but not a lot, just enough to help protect himself on the way to the ground.  But his real goal is just that, the ground.  Where he’ll work like a damned octopus to maneuver around and eventually work for a submission…whether it be a triangle, kimura, armbar, whatever…whatever presents itself as an opportunity.  He’s dangerous as hell on the ground and if it goes there we’re going to find out just what Yip Man’s made of.  Or…we’re going to see Furioto ride off to a Title Fight.  One or the other!

Donkey’s Pick:  Furioto via Submission (Armbar)

All that said by Hare, here’s the thing.  J. W. Hardman has himself admitted to stepping away from the game a bit. Granted, do I think he’s going to just let this fight go down without putting the proper focus on it?  NO, because I think he’s taking this one as a personal challenge.  He was logged on today, and no doubt it was partially to be sure Yip was ready for this fight.  That said, I’m not sure if he gave just enough focus to the training this past month to ensure Yip was 100% ready for this challenge.  Any other month that Hardman was focused on it, I’d have nodded the other way. 

C’mon folks, it’s time to light this biatch up and get the party going!  We’re heading over to the Bondi shortly, the tailgates are going already and it’s time for YOU to get your ass down there too!  The night will be full of action despite only nine fights on the card, but I guarantee you’re gonna get your money’s worth folks!  C’mon over, let’s do this!

• Upvote 4

2w9.jpg

Lukasz Wieczorek post fight discussion with Alexei

Alexei: Wow Lukasz great win out there, I hate going against grapplers

Lukasz: Uhhhh... thanks Bossman

Alexei: Dam, you managed to knock his lights out, how'd you do that?

Lukasz: Duh, Lukasz hit boring grappler man with big brick fists and he go to sleep

Alexei: Well I did tell you to "Hit that mofo really hard" so I guess that works

Lukasz: Grappler man kept trying to cuddle with Lukasz and so Lukasz did what he was taught in school which is to just say no!

Alexei: Exactly and don't talk to stranger either Lukasz

Lukasz: Of course Bossman, Lukasz would never do that

Alexei: Talk later Lukasz, keep doing what you're doing

Lukasz: Thank you for letting me punch things!

• Like 1

Everybody will have to forgive me for not producing some reviews this past weekend.  After working almost two weeks straight of crazy ass days I frankly just needed to get out of the house, so I played disc golf most of the weekend.  I won't lie, it was great and I don't regret it!  Haha.  I will however try to at least get something out tonight for you folks from this past weekend's event.  No promises...the disc golf is still calling...  hahahah!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1627076034SPPS_Poster_74.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 74

Hey Sucker Punch fans, Hare Rumpler here and we’re going to get into this with a quickness tonight!  I’m currently down in North Carolina at a National swim meet with Nati Batti and she’s over at the pool rooting on her teammates who made finals this evening.  In the meantime, I’m going to give you guys the quick low down on SPPS 74 and the NINE, yeah…not ten, nine…fights we have on tap tonight over at the Bondi Outdoor Arena!

As I said, I’m out of town, working directly on a laptop, no additional display…bah, I cannot work in these conditions, I’m entirely too much of a diva for this! Ha.  So skip the big intro other than for me to say we’re one fight short as I mentioned due to yet more folks going MIA on us and we have no title fights on the line tonight.  But, we do have a bunch of fights that mean a ton to those involved and their chances to climb up the rankings, so…with that, let’s get a quick word in about our sponsor and merchandise partner and move on to the good stuff!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Do you find that you’re resting your fighters too often? Two, three, maybe even 4 times a week sometimes?  If that’s the case, you’re probably not supplementing their training, and if you are I’m thinking you’re not doing it with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, which is Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s outstanding energy loss reduction supplement.  It’s the best money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting!  Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Welterweights

Ryo Hamada (6-2-0) v Justin Kulina (3-3-0)

Two Welterweights both primed and ready to go this evening here with Kulina and Hamada!  Kulina was on a run with two wins in a row until last month when he fell to Dennis Dalborg via KO Punch. Hamada, previously with HFC and BFC until his SPPS debut this evening, was on a three fight winning streak until he fell in August to Matsuzaka.  Yes, our very own Matsuzaka…and yes, almost an entire year ago.  That’s how long he’s been out of action and in between he also changed managers as he’s now being led by Johnny Tirado.

It’s hard to say what we should expect from Hamada tonight.   He has a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu and previously pulled off more than a couple wins via submission.  But, there’s been a big gap in between, his standup skills would appear to be much improved, and his wrestling isn’t as strong as you’d expect for a guy who wants to focus on getting wins on the ground.  So yes, he’s an enigma until we see this first fight back.

Kulina has a nasty boxing game and lands a good portion of the shots he offers up.  But can he defend on the ground?  Tonight we might find out.  He’s got the better boxing tonight and slightly better Muay Thai.  I expect him to want this fight to stay standing, despite his brown belt in Jiu Jitsu.

Donkey’s Pick: Hamada via Submission (Armbar)

I’m going to go with the enigma, as Hare puts it, and say he pulls off the surprise ground win tonight.  Although the lack or wrestling focus does worry me and Kulina has KO ability.  If Hamada catches one the wrong way this could go sideways fast!

Undercard Bout #2: Featherweights

Carlos Villarreal (11-8-0) v Yellow Belt Casey (6-7-0)

Featherweights Casey and Villarreal both come to the cage fired up, gas tanks full and ready to get at it this evening in a fight that could set one of them back on the path towards contention again.  Both were previously in the discussion at one point or another but the inability to keep the winning alive had both take a few steps back. 

Casey got back to winning last month after four losses in a row.  All it took was finding his way back to his good ole submission ways.  He’ll have the advantage in Jiu Jitsu this evening against Villarreal and you have to figure he’s going with the same approach. 

“The Checkmate Gatekeeper” hasn’t been with Checkmate since January but doesn’t seem to realize that a) he left that org and is fighting in Australia now and b) his manager ditched him, and he’s been picked up by Jim Gold now…and still isn’t with Checkmate!  With three losses over his past four fights, all under his old management, Carlos really needs this change of direction that new management could bring.  We’ll see if the Gold Team gets him rolling with a boxing approach or some Muay Thai up close and personal. He has the advantage in MT and wrestling tonight, so that certainly lends itself to some slow dancing and dirty stuff.  But that also sets him up for takedowns from the clinch which he’ll want to avoid.

Donkey’s Pick: Casey via Submission (Kimura)

I’ve said it many times before and it’ll guide my choice tonight.  Sometimes it takes a fight or so for a new manager and his boy to get on the same page and work things out.  That might be the case here for Villarreal and Gold, so I’m leaning towards Casey getting the ‘W’ this evening.

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweights

Petter Persson (6-2-0) v Jeppe Bjoergen (6-7-0)

Our third fight of the evening was one I was hoping would be a huge, well fought fight between two big boys in the Heavyweight division! Instead, one of these two is coming to the cage unprepared with low morale and we know what that means for Donkey’s picks!  Persson’s manager has been MIA now for most of July and that is not just affecting him but quite a few of his teammates that are fighting here at Sucker Punch with him.  Needless to say we’ll be addressing that soon as these fighters finish up their currently scheduled fights.

Bjoergen was desperate for wins as he crossed over from WPFA and then finished up at GC.  With one win at GC coming into Sucker Punch he managed to split his first two fights here with us, showing that he could get back to winning via his strikes after his prior win at GC came via submission.  He’s got superb boxing, exceptional MT and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu.  His wrestling also isn’t half bad!  So he really can swing this any way he wants tonight against an opponent with poor morale.

Donkey’s Pick: Bjoergen via Submission (Armbar)

I’ll never, ever pick a fighter with 50% morale to win.  I expect Bjoergen to try to capitalize on his better wrestling and Persson probably won’t have the heart or desire to keep this from going to the ground.  From there, it should just be a matter of time.

Undercard Bout #4: Light Heavyweights

Andrei Averyanov v Artyom Meyer (5-5-0)

Back to some boys who are fully ready to get at it here after that last fight where Persson was just a shell of the fighter he should be heading into the cage tonight.  Not these two though, as both have full energy and morale!

Averyanov could very well be getting a Top Contender battle soon as he continues to move up the ladder, taking on tougher and tougher competition as he builds his skills and develops.  He’s got an impressive run going with a perfect 5-0 record and his win over Joe Junior most recently shows he’s ready for some of the tough stuff!  That’s what he’ll get tonight with Meyer who would love nothing more but to be the “stopper” that keeps Averyanov from moving forward and makes it two wins in a row for himself in that process!

Averyanov has exceptional boxing and Muay Thai. Meyer has sensational in both, just a notch ahead.  Both love to box and strike in a serious way. Averyanov’s advantage tonight is with the better wrestling so we’ll see if he changes things up and goes for the clinch in an attempt to pair his MT and wrestling for the win! 

Donkey’s Pick: Meyer via TKO (Strikes)

Really not easy to pick this one here tonight but I’m going with that tingle on the back of the neck again and calling for the “upset” so to speak, which really wouldn’t be given the skill of these two fighters.  I have no good reason other than a hunch here and that everybody has to lose one eventually.  Or so they say.

Main Card Bout #1: Heavyweights

Bobo Brazil (7-3-0) v Peter Beardsley (6-2-0)

Our second Heavyweight battle of the evening will kick off the Main Card here.  Beardsley comes in with the better boxing tonight while Brazil will hold the advantage in both MT and wrestling.  Both have brown belts in Jiu Jitsu!

Brazil dropped his debut at SPPS last month to Rock Silva which made it a pair of losses in a row dating back to his stay with BBFC.  Manager Craven will hope to see his boy win tonight to even up the record under his management at 2-2.  Brazil can work both the boxing game as well as the up close and personal stuff but given his advantages in MT and wrestling tonight you’d think he’ll try to work that clinch a bit.

Beardsley has an impressive five win streak going that dates back to his Pride HW tournament days.  He loves to swing those hands and swing em hard!  With another win he could move himself directly into the Contender conversation.  At the same time, Brazil could start working towards that himself if he can start a streak of wins by defeating Beardsley tonight!

Donkey’s Pick: Beardsley via KO (Strikes)

This should be a slugfest this evening.  It’s going to come down to strategy, defense potentially and who can land the key shot at the right time. Big stuff on the line and I expect a big finish.  I may not have the pick right, but I don’t expect this to go to decision.

Main Card Bout #2:  Heavyweights

Patrick Murphy (8-4-0) v Rock Silva (2-3-0)

These two Heavyweights, our third battle of the behemoths this evening, will see two guys who like to strike go at it.  Silva has the boxing and MT advantage while Murphy has the advantage in Jiu Jitsu, but given Murphy has typically used that ground skill for defense I don’t know that it’s going to tip that area in his favor from an offensive perspective. 

Murphy has faced tough competition of late and Silva is no departure from that. Considered a Contender recently and given a shot to earn a title opportunity, Murphy is trying to find his way back into the win column.  Silva, at 2-2 but with a couple wins in a row, is looking to move himself up the ladder and this battle will certainly show us which of these two is closer to rising to the top. 

Who wins may very well come down to strategy tonight.  Actually, it will heavily come down to that. And I’m curious to see which of these two departs from their normal approach and goes after it by putting it on the line! 

Donkey’s Pick: Murphy via TKO (Strikes)

I’m picking Murphy but I’m not sure HOW it’s going to happen. On the feet?  On the ground?  Has Murphy perhaps been working on the ground game in preparation for this one?  This should be one of the best fights of the night I believe!

Main Card Bout #3: Lightweights

Repus Revorg (5-3-0) v Ramon Rabbit (10-8-0)

I’m going to have to admit to some bias here this evening!  Revorg is my own boy as he heads into this Lightweight contest against Rabbit tonight.  Rabbit will have every advantage on the feet.  Not a huge one in each area, but enough, and also a bit on the ground in wrestling as well.  Revorg’s only advantage is with his Jiu Jitsu, but there’s no guarantee he’ll attempt to utilize that as he was originally built to throw hands as evidenced by his string of TKO victories early in his career.

Revorg has lost via decisions on the feet with two such losses in his past three.  Rabbit has a habit of winning via decision after mixing it up with some solid kickboxing.  Expect him to attempt to do the same this evening while Revorg leans on any advantage he can gain, even if it means having to work the ground.

Donkey’s Pick: Rabbit via Unanimous Decision

Rabbit has a considerable MMAT ID and training time advantage over Revorg and I expect that to show up in his secondary skillsets and physicals.  Those are what would allow him to control this fight and win the points he needs.  I think that’s why we have to lean in his direction tonight.  Sorry Hare.

Co-Main Event:

Featured Lightweight Bout

Kurt Cobain (10-5-0) v Montesh Dominguez (4-7-0)

Two almost identically skilled Lightweights will be featured in our Co-Main Event this evening with Cobain having only the slightest advantage in wrestling. Otherwise these two are mirrors in primaries. However, one thing we have to factor in here is that Cobain’s manager has pretty much walked away from things at this point and that’s demonstrated by his energy being low coming into this fight.  Something that will absolutely factor into Donkey’s pick!

Dominguez is a striker as well but typically wins via decision.  Given Cobain’s seriously heavy hands we should expect Dominguez to take this into the clinch tonight in an attempt to bleed Cobain of what little energy he brings to the cage tonight.

Donkey’s Pick: Dominguez via TKO (Strikes)

The game plan should be very similar to what Hare suggested. Maybe it won’t go into the clinch heavily, but it should involve wearing down Cobain and then going for the TKO.  But Dominguez better watch out for Cobain’s hands before that as Cobain can end things in an instant!!!

Main Event:

Featured Welterweight Bout

Rick Segura (5-1-0) v Dennis Dalborg (5-2-0)

Our Main Event of the evening features Rick Segura who is a fast riser in the Welterweight division. He’s been running through opponents left and right as he builds a resume.  Tonight was supposed to be a heck of a battle to see if he was ready for the Top Contender shot in the next couple months. Unfortunately, Dalborg’s manager has been MIA and he comes to the cage unprepared with low morale and likely a lack of direction and plan. 

Dalborg will  have the boxing advantage while Segura has the MT and Jiu Jitsu advantage.  But it’s the wrestling and those nasty fists Dalborg has to worry about tonight.  Expect Segura to take it to the ground and Dalborg to lack the care to stop it due to the lack of morale.  With FIVE wins in a row already, Segura will be licking his chops to add yet another here and won’t care one bit if his opponent is prepared or not, a win is a win!

Donkey’s Pick:  Segura via TKO (Strikes)

Hare said it all.  With low morale, Dalborg won’t stop whatever Segura wants to do and that’ll likely involve some abuse on the ground!

Well, there we go folks! Get on over to the Bondi and let’s have a blast tonight!  We kick things off in just about 7 hours now…so be there!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4