Hardcore - Official Smack Talk Thread

Bleakardor

8 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

These two will square off in what should surely be an action packed fight full of hard hits.  ADA will likely look to take this fight to the ground where he'll have an advantage.  You can expect Andrade to avoid that at all costs and look for a KO, perhaps by counter.  But under manager Bjorn, he'll also be very likely to look to the judges for a victory.  With these two having no fights together yet, it's really a guessing game on what approach they will take.

///

15074746978434.jpg
Joao Andrade
tenor.gif

14 hours ago, bjornmma1 said:

Well, at least somebody reads these. lol

Hmm.. so Let's see.. "You can look for Andrade to avoid that at all costs and look for a KO"  I guess that's laughable too?  Sorry I gave you credit for mixing up your game, potentially.   ?

On 5/5/2021 at 10:07 PM, Bleakardor said:

Well, at least somebody reads these. lol

Hmm.. so Let's see.. "You can look for Andrade to avoid that at all costs and look for a KO"  I guess that's laughable too?  Sorry I gave you credit for mixing up your game, potentially.   ?

15074746978434.jpg
Joao Andrade
Mixing is for housewives. 

15074746978434.jpg
Joao Andrade

Dos Anjos takes one on the chin but seems OK.
Andrade fakes a jab and scores with a low kick.
Dos Anjos throws a jab when Andrade was well out of range.

And that's the end of the fight!
Joao Andrade showed his dominance in that final round.
Well Andrade has outscored his opponent in every aspect of the fight today. Only a scarily incompetent judge or two will keep him from a well deserved win... Over to the ring announcer for the scorecards.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 3 rounds of action, we go to the scorecards for a decision.
Judge Chad Campbell scores the fight 30:27
Judge John Roberts scores the fight 30:27
Judge Steve Montenegro scores the fight 30:27

In favor of your winner, by unanimous decision... Joao Andrade!

In his post fight interview, Joao Andrade started talking himself up. Luckily his charisma kept the crowd on side and gave him a good reception.

Told you so, easy payday. ?

• Like 2

HFC 72 - McGuire vs Van Den Born 
Weekly Rundown

1619160337N3426.jpg

Awards:
Fight of the Night:

Joao Andrade vs Ademaro Dos Anjos
Not to say I called it, but.. I fucking called it.  Andrade wins via decision.  When ADA is borderline red belt status in his BJJ game, you don't want to be on the ground with that man.  And his opponents have started to figure this out and have been finding a way to keep it standing, which has lead to them having a chance to win.  Andrade did exactly that, keeping the fight standing as much as humanly possible and being defensive when rolling around on the ground.  He wasn't able to finish the fight as you know he wanted to, but he was able to be the man standing at the ends with his hands held high.  Not for lack of effort, as ADA did well the entire fight, but just wasn't able to capitalize when the fight was on the ground.  Both fighters left it all in the cage, and that's why they walked away with the FotN award.

KO of the Night: 
Ko Van Den Born
There were several great finishes in this event, but this was the hands down winner tonight for sure.  Not only did Van Den Born win a belt with this highlight reel KO finish, he also did it only 10 seconds into the very first round.  Back in the early days, you saw guys winning awards and proving their young talent with first minute KO's, but in todays game, you just don't see a lot of first round finishes, let alone 10 second KO's.  We'll break down this fight in our review portion of this recap, so for now we'll just say great job, and what a brutal ass KO and statement win for Van Den Born!

Sub of the Night:
Kai Kona
The only submission on the card, making this a simple choice for SotN honors.  Not to take anything away form the victor, Kona, because he did find a way to win via submission with only 2 seconds left on the clock in round 2.  That's one of those.. well, maybe if you'd been willing to go to sleep you might have held on.  But Kona had it in tight and wasn't letting go, and Tokugawa knew it.

Main Event:
Title Fight
KO of the Night

Ko Van Den Born DEFEATS Ralph McGuire via KO

Not a whole lot I can talk about in a fight that only lasted 10 seconds.  I expected this to be the FotN, and for it to be a slug fest.  But I did not expect it to go the distance, but I surely didn't expect it to end in 10 seconds.  I knew someone was going to get KO'd in this one, but never would I have picked it to be a 10 second KO.

"The bell rings for round one and we are underway!
Van Den Born tests McGuire's chin there with a solid looking shot.
A low kick from McGuire misses

and Van Den Born counters with a crisp right hand that drops McGuire! Van Den Born lets McGuire back up to his feet, looking for a finish! 

McGuire is rocked!

McGuire gets tagged by a hook that puts him to sleep! Van Den Born points and yells something to his unconscious foe before strutting off.  McGuire wakes up just in time to hear Van Den Born thank his coaches in the post fight interview.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 0:10 of round 1, we have a winner by way of KO (Punch). Ko Van Den Born!
Ko Van Den Born is the new light heavyweight champion!
Ko Van Den Born decided to go for the less than humble approach in his post fight interview, telling everyone how he is going to conquer the world. The crowd seemed to like it when really that sort of approach could have gone either way."

Co-Main Event:
Fight of the Night
Joao Andrade  DEFEATS  Ademaro Dos Anjos via Decision (Unanimous)

ADA took this fight to the ground, as we knew he would, within seconds of the bell ringing.  He got into position over the next minute and then started trying to work in a submission.  A great reversal by Andrade made the submission attempts more difficult for ADA and after 4 minutes of this, the referee had seen enough to stand the fight up.  Andrade did enough while standing, and on the ground, to win that round in all three judges cards.
Round two was much the same, only when the fight went to the ground via takedown, Andrade popped back up faster than a $60 walker on Bisonnett.  If you've spent any time in Houston, you'll catch that reference.  If not, we'll just leave it alone.  Pretty much the entire round on the feet and this was an easy win for Andrade.  Now, ADA is down two rounds, and his corner knows it.  He needs a finish in round 3 or this one is over.  
By now, Andrade had figured out his takedown moves and ADA had lost enough gas to not quite have that initial pep in his step to get the takedowns, and this entire round stayed at range, not even going into the clinch, where Andrade stood outside and picked ADA apart.
Andrade has shown his partnership with Bjorn was the right move, and he's now working his way back up the rankings in search of gold.  ADA's career is in a tailspin and with his manager dealing with other life issues, he'll need to step back, regain his focus, and come back the fighter we all know he is, and was in 2020.

Sorry the review is a little late, but I got it done for you.  Hope you enjoy it.  From now on, as I'm taking back over full writing duties, I'll likey do the reviews in this style moving on.  Not going to review all fights and will have a link to the card in the preview so you can find full card results easily.

Stay HARDCORE!

• Upvote 3

HFC 73 - Wanker vs Maui

1619158449HFC%2073%20background.jpg
Event Preview
Pay Per View
Madison Garden Arena 
Partnership: Hardcore Alchemy

Cheapest products in the world, best quality in the world.  It's worth stocking up on from any city, but inexcusable to not be your provider in New York as Hardcore Alchemy has the lowest priced 160Q products on the shelf in any city, or country.  Take your game to the next level with supplements from Hardcore Alchemy!

Undercards:
Doom v Wolfe - 155
Kentas v Lee - 155
Pisswater v Gracie - 155
Tidd v Fork - 145
Slugger v Chunks - 265+
Godwin v Mahrishi - 205

Main Card:
Boxing Mcsparr vs Miguel Sandoval - 170

McSparr
Record: 10-6
Key Wins: Taurus, Yazzie, Pryor
Key Losses: Dickinson, Woods, King
VS
Sandoval 
Record: 10-7
Key Wins: Laventine, Demenok, Dokov
Key Losses: Chai, Ford, Patriot

Takeaway: 

These two fighters are on the same level with experience and record, but Mcsparr has a significant size and reach advantage in this one.  That may be enough alone to tip the scale of an otherwise evenly matched fight.  Fighters trade off skills, but this matchups is as even as it gets at this level, and that height and reach advantage for Mcsparr may be too much to overcome for Sandoval.  We'll have to see how he counters.

Prediction: Mcsparr wins via TKO (Strikes).

Wesley Taurus vs Liam Walker - 170
Taurus
Record: 10-6
Key Wins: Pinto, Von Ryan, Ulster
Key Losses: Mcsparr, Dos Anjos, Tai Kung
VS
Walker
Record: 4-1
Key Wins:  Hanayama, Dunn
Key Losses:  Valentine

Takeaway:

Taurus is a good striker, but he's not got much of a chin.  Walker is a relative unknown in the HFC, but he'll be looking to change that in this one taking on long time HFC fighter, Taurus.  These guys are pretty evenly matched standing with Taurus having a very slight Muay Thai edge.  This is traded off with Walker having a bit of an edge in Wrestling.  The one thing that stands out as a huge advantage for Walker is his BJJ brown belt.  Going against a blue belt in Taurus, and a fighter who is not known for his defensive grappling skills, if this fight goes to the ground it may end quickly.

Prediction: Walker wins via submission, round 2.

Co-Main:
Peter Petersson vs Jason Mendoza - 265+
Petersson
Record: 12-4
Key Wins:  Motts, Chunks, Ferreria
Key Losses: Wanker, Camoran, Fox
VS
Mendoza
Record: 13-3
Key Wins: Chunks, Slugs, Red Eagle
Key Losses: Wanker, Gold, Hugbergsson

Takeaway:

Petersson has started to strut as he walks around HFC facilities.  Potbelly was a nickname for his appearance, but now, it's his head and ego that have grown in size as he flaunts his 2-1 record around.  True, he just lost his last outing to Massive Wanker, but who hasn't?  He made it to the title fight, that's as far as anyone has gotten in this 265+ division.  He's ready to bounce right back by standing in Mendoza's way of another shot at the gold.  He hasn't lost in a while either, except to Wanker.  Wanker has wrecked this division, but these gladiators keep pounding it out for their chance to try to be the one who finally dethrones the king.  The winner of this fight will be in a position to do just that in the near future. 

Prediction:  This one is gonna be a finish by KO/TKO.  Just who?  Who knows, but since I have to make a pick, I'll go with Mendoza via KO.  But I'm only about 50% confident in this pick.

Main:
Massive Wanker vs Raykuza Maui - 265+ Title Fight
Wanker - Super Heavyweight Champion
Record: 17-0
Key Wins: All of them
Key Losses: None
VS
Maui - Challenger
Record: 7-4
Key Wins:  Motts, Bronstein, Fukk
Key Losses:  Mendoza, Slugs, Darwin

Takeaway:

Wow, Wanker is on the cusp of going 18-0.  Unbelievable.  This is of course, unless our challenger has anything to say about it.  Maui has the skills needed to make this one hell of a fight, and under new management perhaps he'll be given a gameplan to utilize them.  He did score the KO last outing, so he's doing something right.  But let's be honest, nobody thinks Wanker is going to lose this one.  He's won 18 strait and only a few have been close.  He's mowed through everyone the HFC has found to offer, and never looked back.  Maui is the next man up in a long list of hopefuls looking to be the one to finally dethrone the face of the franchise.  I hope this is a war that turns into FotN, I truly do.  But you couldn't pay me to pick against Wanker in any fight he steps into in 350k. 

Prediction: Wanker wins via submission (armbar)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

HARDCORE 73 - Wanker vs Maui
Weekly Wrap Up

1619158449HFC%2073%20background.jpg

Fight of the Night:
Bobby Chunks vs Lou Slugger

This fight didn't go the distance, but it was damned close.  With less than 30 seconds left in the fight, Chunks pulls off a brilliant TKO victory over Slugger.  With a fight rating of 94% and two fighters who spent 15 minutes beating the hell out of each other, this was a clear cut winner for FotN.

KO of the Night:
Wesley Taurus

There were a few candidates for KO of the Night award, but Walker had been taking this fight to the ground at will and doing everything he could to win the fight there.  But Taurus was picky and chose his shots, landing 10 of 17 head punches, but only needed that big 17th shot to land to score the "soul-severing" uppercut that ended this fight in brilliant fashion.

Sub of the Night:
Alec Wolfe

There were a pair of submissions on this card, and neither one particularly stood out as an amazing finish.  But, being as Wolfe is a striker and had been working on submissions leading up to the fight for a change of gameplan, this award goes to the Wolfe for getting it done on the ground and getting the crowed turned up a level in the opening fight of the night.

Main Event: (Title Fight)
Massive Wanker  DEFEATS  Raykuza Maui

Wanker was head hunting and/or was out for blood in this one.  From the get go, he was clearly targeting the head and looking to draw blood.  Once he got Maui bleeding, he was relentlessly targeting that cut looking to decorate the cage with a fresh wet red.  Neither fighter landed the majority of their strikes, but Wanker was overall more successful with his striking both from range and clinched up.  When you are the size of Wanker, ever flush landing strike can be a potential fight ender as Maui found out first hand.   This fight only made it about half way through round two before the monster known as Wanker was raising his hands in victory again.  Long live the Champion!

Co-Main Event:
Jason Mendoza  DEFEATS  Peter Petersson

In our co-main event, Mendoza was back to form after bouncing back from the Wanker loss only a few short months ago.  Petersson was trying to do the same, but fell short to the hard hitting Mendoza.  Mendoza dominated the first round on the cards, but it was the opening of round two that had the crowed standing and cheering at deafening levels.  

The opening move of round two has Mendoza dropping Petersson with a big right that he was never able to recover from.  It's almost as if Petersson was not aware the bell had rang because strike 1 he was on the ground, as he made his way to his feet, strike 2 put him in the fetal position as he slept it off until the doctor came to check him out and give him a smell stick.  Petersson suffered no significant injuries, but he and his management team have parted ways after the disappointing loss.

Card Results:
Wesley Taurus  DEFEATS  Liam Walker  (KotN)
Miguel Sandoval  DEFEATS  Boxing Mcsparr
Basko Godwin  DEFEATS  Aatreya Mahrishi
Bobby Chunks  DEFEATS  Lou Slugger  (FotN)
Joe Tidd  DEFEATS  Forky Fork
Nati Pisswater  DEFEATS  Rafaelo Gracie
Rimtas Kentas  DEFEATS  Ginger Lee

15960487105956.gif
Leif "The Stand And Pray Viking" Leifsson

Ladies and gentlemen. This fight is 5 rounds, for the heavyweight championship of the world!
Introducing the champion to my left, fighting out of the red corner.
With a record of 15 - 5 - 0, fighting out of St Petersburg, Boris Krylov!
And introducing the challenger to my right, fighting out of the blue corner.
With a record of 12 - 3 - 0, fighting out of London, Leif Leifsson!
The judges for this bout are Alyssa Summers, Chad Campbell and Lou da Vinci.

round1.jpg
The bell rings for round one and we are underway!
clinch2.gif
Leifsson forces Krylov back against the cage and clinches.
Leifsson lands a short shot on the inside that snaps the head of Krylov backwards.
Leifsson tries to land a shot to the body but it's blocked.
Krylov lands on the inside with an uppercut.
Krylov goes for a body shot but it's blocked.
A body shot lands from Leifsson.
A shot in the inside from Leifsson.
Leifsson pushes Krylov back against the cage and lands a hook to the side of the head.
Krylov blocks a couple of punches on the inside.
A right hand to the body from Krylov.
Leifsson fails to land with a short punch on the inside.
Krylov tries a shoulder strike but it doesn't do any damage.
Krylov swings wildly with an uppercut but Leifsson uses good head movement to avoid it.
Krylov can't find room to land a body shot as Leifsson controls the action.
Leifsson blocks a couple of punches on the inside.
Leifsson lands a left hand.
The crowd are loving this. Great action here.
Krylov misses with a hook to the ribs.
Leifsson lands a body shot.
Krylov is breathing heavily.
Leifsson lands an elbow that stopped Krylov in his tracks for a moment.
cut2.gif
It looks like Boris Krylov has been cut.
A short left from Leifsson.
Leifsson tries a shoulder strike but it doesn't do any damage.
Krylov throws a punch but it's blocked by Leifsson.
Leifsson lands an elbow inside.
1.gif
That's one minute gone in the round.
Leifsson misses with the head strike.
A short right hand to the side of the head by Leifsson.
Krylov tries a body shot but Leifsson blocks it.
Leifsson gets an overhook and lands an elbow to the side of the head.
cut2.gif
Boris Krylov's cut is getting worse.
Krylov can't find room to land a body shot as Leifsson controls the action.
Leifsson makes some space for himself and lands an uppercut.
cut2.gif
Boris Krylov's cut is bleeding quite badly. He's got to try and protect it.
Leifsson blocking some punches.
Leifsson lands an elbow inside.
We've been informed that Leifsson has been sparring a lot of Muay Thai in the buildup to this fight so let's see if that has an impact on the result.
Leifsson lands a left hand that snaps the head of Krylov backwards.
cut2.gif
Jeez, Boris Krylov's cut is really nasty now. The referee must be thinking about getting that checked.

The referee calls the doctor in to look at Boris Krylov's cut. Oh no, the doctor has called an end to the bout!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:33 of round 1, we have a winner by way of TKO (Cut). Leif Leifsson!
Leif Leifsson is the new heavyweight champion!

20210307210426Belt.png
During a confident post fight interview, Leif Leifsson thanked all his fans. He seemed very genuine when describing how motivated his fans keep him.

• Like 3

Sorry I've been busy guys, but I'll get a review for this done in a couple of days.  What an event, both titles change hands.  DBGA is back on top, Krylov goes down to the cut again, the 205 vs 265 super fight is off the table (for now).  Just a crazy event so plenty to write about.

Any post fight comments for this event will go into my review if you wish to post them.  Not sure how entertaining the pancakes bit will be since we're not talking about an ass... but we'll see!

Great event guys, thank you all!

17 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

Sorry I've been busy guys, but I'll get a review for this done in a couple of days.  What an event, both titles change hands.  DBGA is back on top, Krylov goes down to the cut again, the 205 vs 265 super fight is off the table (for now).  Just a crazy event so plenty to write about.

Any post fight comments for this event will go into my review if you wish to post them.  Not sure how entertaining the pancakes bit will be since we're not talking about an ass... but we'll see!

Great event guys, thank you all!

15960487105956.gif
Leif "The Stand And Pray Viking" Leifsson

If you can't appreciate some good pancakes, than you ain't my type of guy. 

PS: should have signed my new contract post fight, with Krylov his blood. 
That would made for a more entertaining footnote in your review. 
If you need some of his blood to fancy up your review, just mob the arena, you'll find it all over. 
You are welcome.

• Upvote 1

1622104544HFC%2075%20poster.jpg

Nofud  vs  Lachance

Champion:  Aingot Nofud

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Aingot Nofud

MMA: 9-3-1

HFC: 8-0-1

KT: 2-1

Key Wins: Lucien Lachance, Malcom King, Sean Dickinson

Key Losses:  Hunger

Manager: Dr. John Zoidberg

Alliance: Naughtly Crew

Challenger: Lucien Lachance

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Lucien Lachance

MMA: 14-6

HFC: 8-2

TWGC: 2-1

Key Wins: Vasil Petrov, Ademaro Dos Anjos, Malcom King

Key Losses: Aingot Nofud, Luke Glanton

Manager: David Septim

Alliance: Syndicate

This fight is a title fight for the HARDCORE middleweight championship of the world.  A rematch of the title fight where Nofud defeated Lachance by way of Flying Knee to win the title back in March, taking KO of the night honors as well.  These two fighters are at the top of their game and both have an excellent management staff to help guide them along the way.  In their previous bout, who knows how the fight would have turned out if Nofud hadn't caught Lachance with that beautiful flying knee that almost took the top off the arena.  Well, now we'll get to see if he can do it again or if Lachance can reclaim his lost title.  One thing is for sure, this fight will be fireworks and everyone in attendance will be on their feet when it ends.  I am not going to make a prediction for this fight as for who wins, but I do predict it will not go the distance.

Sosa vs Soldic

Champion: Marcello Sosa

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Marcello Sosa

MMA: 16-2-1

HFC: 9-1

Key Wins: Ed Ford, Adim Bulb, Petchuanglek Sitsongrit

Key Losses: Adim Bulb

Manager: Chris Karter

Alliance: Convicted Inc

Challenger: Roberto Soldic

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Roberto Soldic

MMA: 11-5

HFC: 7-2

Key Wins: BJJ Catch Wrestler, Jewel Diaz, Joe Tidd

Key Losses: Marcello Sosa, Lorenzo Benedetti

Manager:  PJ Jones

Alliance: Keyboard Warriors

Another title fight this evening has a third round between Soldic and Sosa.  Sosa won each of their prior two meetings, but Soldic has been on a warpath since his back to back losses to Sosa and Benedetti months ago.  Sosa has had his number to date, but maybe Soldic has something under the hood to take this one.  You know what they say, third time is the charm!  PJ Jones is an experienced manager, and a very good one at that.  I have no doubt that he can adjust his gameplan to throw something new at Sosa.  But let's not forget that for as good as PJ Jones is, Chris Karter is considered by many to be the GOAT.  And to think that this is only going to be the co-main event!  The fans will be on their feet before this one is over and may likely never sit down until the end of the show between Nofud and Lachance.

This will be an action packed event capped off by two amazing title fights.  Let's not forget the other 8 fights on this card leading up to this event as there are sure to be some amazing finishes in the fights building up to the main event.

Maxim Jahouli  vs  Ragnar Ragnarsson

Chris Travis  vs  Demir Kocak

Sean Dickinson  vs  Vasil Petrov

Pinero Chai  vs  Georges Moxley

Chanthaphone Southanouvong  vs  Shane Stead

Michael MP  vs  Carlos Ruas

King Rico  vs  Frank Lucas

Kaoru Hanayama  vs  Luke Valentine

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, barney said:

15957927736072.png

COMPLETE DOMINATION! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

I hope I dont hear anyone else saying I aint got no ground game after this fight.

Also, a KO at 4:59 of round 5?

tenor.gif?itemid=11657408

This is one of the craziest shit I have ever seen at welterweight in Hardcore. Usually fighters that tall although they have a stand-up advantage don't have the chin and skills to back it up. No Fud defiantly does. It is heating up in 170! ???

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 10thPlanetKT said:

This is one of the craziest shit I have ever seen at welterweight in Hardcore. Usually fighters that tall although they have a stand-up advantage don't have the chin and skills to back it up. No Fud defiantly does. It is heating up in 170! ???

Yamete Kudasai Oni-chan - 9GAG

• Like 1