Hardcore - Official Smack Talk Thread

Bleakardor

It's crazy, Wanker only joined about a month after ADA, but ADA got 2 fights in MAY and Wanker joined in June.  Wondering if Wanker had had 2 more events how close this race would have been, since his fight this past weekend awarded him 6 more points to bring his career total to 47.

Would it be messed up to award as a co-award and hand out 2 trophies for co-fighters of the year?  Wanker deserves it as much as ADA since he merged over from MMMA.  

Or, as I'm sure Wanker would volunteer, ADA vs Wanker in a super fight for the crown?  LMAO  This should get a rise, eh?

• Upvote 1

HFC 55 - Dos Anjos vs Battle - Preview

Hello hardcore fans, I’m Alexei Smirnov and today I’m here to give you the preview for HFC 55! The Empire Indoor Arena is full of roaring fans waiting for some great hardcore action! There’s a lot to cover on this card including two title fights. The main event sees two amazing fights, both with only one loss. It’s going to be a good one tonight!

Rukter “Popeye” Demenok vs Your Sweet Destruction

For the opening fight tonight we have Rukter “Popeye” Demenok (2-3-0) taking on Your Sweet Destruction (8-8-0). Both of these fighters have yet to win a fight in HFC but, who will break their losing streak? Destruction has lost five straight and a win here would really help him turn his career around. Demenok has a lot less fights than Destruction but, he has lost twice in a row. One thing to note is the size difference between these two fighters with Destruction being noticeably larger than Demenok. Demonk is yet to be finished in his career having only lost by decision. I expect this fight to take place standing up with both of these fighters showing that love throwing strikes. If this fight does go to the ground it is important to remember Demenok has a purple belt whilst Destruction only has a blue belt. Both of these fighters are lower on the card but Demenok has potential to win here and use that momentum to start winning more. No notable wins in HFC for either of these fights. It will be a striking contest and who will come out on top! 

My pick: Demenok Via TKO (Strikes)

The biggest factor in this fight is chin strength. Demonok is yet to be finished and Destruction has been TKO’d or KO’d in five straight fights. Destruction could be KO’d by a fly. If this fight stays standing Destruction won’t last long and he out classes on the ground. This was an easy choice and Demenok has a high potential in his division and I could see him going far from this win. Overall a good fight for fans who love a good finish!

"Billy BarxXx" Billy Bob Brown vs Olli Lindholm

Our next fight is a heavyweight bout. It’s “Billy BarxXx” Billy Bob Brown (3-1-0) vs Olli Lindholm (7-3-0). In our next fight we have fights that have won fights in HFC with Lindholm currently being undefeated in HFC. A win for Lindholm here would put him in prime position to claim he one of the best in the heavyweight division and even line himself up for a title shot. On the other hand if Brown wins here it would show he can hang with the big boys of the division and it would prove to HFC fans how good he is. Another size difference here this time a lot bigger with a twenty pound difference. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lindholm wanted to take this fight into the clinch, he’s been having a lot of success with it recently and it would be good in this match up. Brown is no stranger to clinch as he has used it successfully before but, against Lindholm it may not be the right option. Brown has shown that he has a great chin and has only been submitted so far. Speaking of submission, if Lindholm decides to take this fight to the ground he’d have the advantage and he could even pull off his first career sub. Both of these fights are riding a lot of momentum into this fight. This looks like a really close fight and even the little details could matter. This will be a clinchfest and let’s see who I think will clinch the best!

My pick: Lindholm Via TKO(Strikes)

Now I know that Brown has a granite chin but Lindholm has massive power in his fists and a huge weight difference on his side. I also think in the clinch Lindholm has a better chance of using it better and could inflict some massive damage. Lindholm can even take the fight to the ground if he wants and finish the fight there. Unfortunately this isn’t a hip hop competition or else I would have chosen differently. I think it’ll be a close and fun fight.

“EDL” Alan Spence vs Simeoni Jukola

Up next we have “EDL” Alan Spence (7-2-0) taking on Simeoni Jukola (7-5-0). Alan Spence is coming off a loss to 185 champion ADA and he even held him to a decision win. Jukola is coming off two straight losses where he was knocked out. Spence has already shown he can hang with some of the very best in his division and he’s only just joined HFC so the sky's the limit. If Spence wins this he’ll be a top contender in the division and could have another title shot in the future. Jukola is a veteran of HFC and wants to get some momentum on his side. A win here would be huge for him and he could show why he deserves to be ranked and taken seriously. I don’t see this having any grappling as both don’t have the best ground game and much prefer standing. Spence also weighs about five pounds above Jukola and we’ll see if that comes into play. This is a fight between a HFC new comer and a verteran, who will win? Let’s find out!

My pick: Spence Via KO (Punch)

First things first, Jukola’s chin isn’t great. I bet he has a lot of headaches after all the KO’s he has suffered recently. Spence hasn’t finished many of his fights but, I think he has enough power to get the KO here. Considering he took ADA five rounds, Spence has shown why he deserves better opponents then this. This will just be a warm up match and unfortunately for Jukola he’s not the one warming up. Overall an interesting fight and another standing one.

Saggy "Low Balls" Dinglestomper vs Kai Kona

Up next we have a fight between two sexually active fighters. It’s Saggy “Low Balls” Dinglestomper (5-3-0) taking on Kai Kona (7-4-0). Dinglestomper coming off two wins and Kona coming off a big loss. A win for either of these fighters could mean big things, Dinglestomper is ranked 10th and Kona ranked 5th. A win for Dinglestomper could shake up these rankings a lot. This will be another standing fight as these two don’t want to go to the ground and I can’t really blame them. Dinglestompers most notable win would be against O Donnelly a fighter who has many fights in HFC, a good win but, not super impressive. Kona’s best win would be against Bleak a much better opponent and someone who’s impressed me. Really neither of these two men have huge wins just yet in their small careers. These two men are very even in terms of their skills and their size. This would probably be the most even fight of the card so far as this is a very difficult choice, either of these two could go on and be great in their divisions. This will be an even stand up battle and I think Dinglestomper will be eager to bang it out.

My pick: Dinglestomper Via Unanimous Decision

Wow is this an even fight, it’s basically a coin toss for me. Dinglestomper seems to have slightly better boxing and wrestling but Kona has a better record. This would be a bit of an upset especially if you look at the rankings but, this preview wouldn’t be as fun if I only chose based off the rankings. I think Dinglestomper can prove to HFC that he’s more than a funny sex joke and I really think he can far if he wins this. As for Kona I still wouldn’t count him out, he is a skilled fighter and he’s proven he can win. Overall looking like a very entertaining fight for sure!

Leif "The Stand And Pray Viking" Leifsson vs Jeremy Motts

If you’re active on the forums you may have heard a bit about this fight. It’s Leif "The Stand And Pray Viking" Leifsson (9-2-0) taking on Jeremy Motts (10-4-1). I need to start things off by saying that Leifsson is an absolute beast, he’s one a four fight winning streak and tearing through his opponents. Motts it’s not doing that, he has very bad momentum on his side but, he’s looking to turn that around. Leifsson has the deadly combo of a granite chin with insane KO power, having nine total (T)KO’s in his career. Motts also has great KO power and a granite chin with ten (T)KO’s in his career. On the surface it seems like a pretty even fight. Leifsson doesn’t have any HFC wins I want to talk about and Motts doesn’t even have a HFC win to talk about. Now I think this will be a standing fight but Leifsson has the chance to take this to the ground and maybe even get his first ever sub. Wherever this fight goes I think Leifsson has the clear advantage anywhere. Motts needs to worry about the clinch and the takedown and always be on his toes. These two have the same weight but, Motts is a solid half a foot taller. I think Leifsson could be the future of the heavyweight division with a mixture of good hiddens and more training he could even challenge the champ. One last thing to note is Motts morale, if it doesn’t improve come fight time that could be a big issue for him.

My pick: Leifsson Via KO (Elbow)

This one to me was a nice brainer. At first it looked like another coin toss but, as I looked deeper and thought about it the choice was as clear as day. I have Leifsson using his signature elbow KO for this one just because I like it and I think he has a good chance of a KO here. Leifsson is not one to be overlooked and can finish the fight in a heartbeat don’t be surprised if you see this kid holding gold in the future. As for Motts, he’s not a bad fighter just simply out matched. I think he’ll still go on to do good in HFC but he isn’t as young as the other guys and is starting to fall behind. Overall a fun fight for viking fans out there!

Ko Van Den Born vs Jet Gunner

Next up we have a light heavyweight bout. It’s Ko Van Den Born (7-2-0) taking on Jet Gunner (7-4-0). Both of these fighters have a lot of momentum going into this fight, it’s hard imagining one of them losing. Both of these fighters even have the same win total, the only difference being that Gunner has lost two more fights. If I was a betting man I’d bet that this will stay standing with only one sub between these two fighters. Although Gunner has had a sub in his career, I don’t see him wanting to go to the ground as he only has a purple belt compared to Born’s brown. Born has shown that he has lots of KO power having every single one of his wins via KO. Gunner has a different story having the same amount of KOs and decisions. These two are even close on the rankings having Gunner be the 5th and Born being the 4th. It’s clear these two are quite even and whoever wins could step up to challenge for the belt. These are two elite fighters and a big win for whoever can pull it off. There isn’t much else to say besides the fact they are two similar fights both in skill and fight style. Let’s see who I picked!

My pick: Van Den Born Via KO (Punch)

Gunner is a great fighter and doesn’t have a particularly bad chin however, Born’s KO is just stunning. Born has shown he can just win fights in an instant with one singular punch. He also has elite muay tai and it is unrivalled. While these two share many similarities Born is just simply better. Not by a huge margin but, enough to get the win. Gunner is not a bad fighter and definitely has a chance of winning a bit, it’ll be difficult. Overall looking like a great fight and really anyone can win!

Chris "Kenshin" Travis vs Alex Ferreria

Next we have a very interesting heavyweight bout. It’s Chris “Kenshin” Travis (9-6-0) taking on Alex Ferreria(11-5-0). Now this is an interesting fight and I don’t really know what to make of it. Alex Ferreria has just broken a bad losing streak and Travis is coming off two wins in a row. Ferreira has KO power but Travis has a good chin. Everytime I look at this fight I think it could go either way. They are almost the exact same size and no real differences there. Both have some good wins but, a win here would be huge for either of these fighters. The main thing that sets the two apart is the skill gap in muay tai but, Ferreria’s ability to just KO people balances that. Both of their HFC careers are just starting and haven’t picked up too much steam just yet but, either of these two could be future champs. It’s really who can pick up the slight advantage. I see this as being another standing fight as neither wants to tussle on the ground. This was a hard one to pick but, here is what I’ve come up with.

My pick: Travis Via Unanimous Decision

Now this would be an upset and I don’t know if Travis can hold up for three rounds against Ferreria but, I think in terms of skill set Travis is better. He has a good chin and better muay tai and if he can use this to his advantage I think he can win. He has to be aware of Ferreria’s power and not underestimate him. This will be a fun one to watch unfold.

Slash Slingin "The Max IQ CACC Wrestler" vs Shaquan "Five Hands" Woods

For this next fight it’s Slash Slingin “The Max IQ CACC Wrestler” (14-4-0) taking on Shaquan “Five Hands” Woods (9-4-0).  Slingin is no stranger to success in HFC, he just lost his title but, he’s shown why he’s been so dominant. Woods is a good fighter but, he hasn’t shared the same success in HFC and still hasn’t won the belt. Another big thing to talk about is the fact that this fight has already happened and Slingin won by sub. Slingin has shown to HFC that he is the best catch wrestler around and he makes MMA fights feel more like a grappling one. On the other hand Woods prefers to stand up and has shown that he has decent power in his hands and has picked up a number of KOs. If I were Woods I’d try to defend against the takedown at all costs as we’ve seen from their last fight Woods can’t beat Slingin on the ground. If Woods picks up the win here I could see him challenging for the belt, especially if he beats a former champion. As for Slingin, a win here would show why he deserves a rematch for the HFC 170 belt. Both of these fighters have high potential in their division and this will be a fight to watch out for.

My pick: Slingin Via Submission (Armbar)

I really don’t see a way to win here for Woods. He seems to have more skill than Slingin but it'll be very difficult for Woods to get the KO due to Slingin’s chin and he can’t beat him on the ground. As for Slingin as soon as he gets a takedown it’s game over, he is the master at getting subs. There is still potential for Woods to win but, I see Slingin as the clear favorite in this one. 

Gorgon "The Peoples Champion" Patriot vs Ed Ford

It’s time for the Co-main event! It’s Gorgon “The Peoples Champion” Patriot (11-3-0) taking on Ed Ford (8-3-0) for the lightweight title! Patriot and Ford have both been on hot streaks as of late. These are undoubtedly the two best lightweights in the entire org and this will be a good one. Patriot has four current defences for his title and has beaten George Moxley twice now. Ford is 6-1 since coming to HFC and it was only a matter of time until he got a title shot. I see this one staying standing as neither of these two men have shown they like going to the ground. Obviously a win for either fighter is a big deal, this is a title fight after all. These two are quite evenly matched and this will be a close fight with a lot of striking. Patriot has shown he is resilient but Ford has really good power in his fists. Ford has only lost to George Moxley and Patriot has beaten him twice. Ford’s most recent win is quite impressive beating Kona in dominant fashion. This will be a great fight and let’s see who will walk out as champ.

My pick: Ford Via TKO (Strikes)

This is a risky pick on my end but, I think Ford has a good chance of becoming the new champion. He has really good power in his fists and has been on a roll. He will need to be very careful but, if he can land some good shots he can win. As for Patriot, he still has a good chance of winning but, this will be his best challenger yet! Overall a very good co-main event and one I am looking forward to watching.

MAIN EVENT: Ademaro "A.D.A" Dos Anjos vs Dre "Deathrow" Battle

Now we finally have the main event! It’s Ademaro “A.D.A” Dos Anjos (14-1-0) taking on Dre “Deathrow” Battle (7-1-0). Now this is a main event, two of the best fighters in HFC dare I say the world. This fight is for the HFC middleweight title. ADA has just won the first ever HFC fighter of the year award and has as much momentum as a comet. This is a clash of opposing styles, ADA will want to go to the ground and get a sub whilst Battle will want to stay standing. ADA is a freak of nature and his ability to harm another human being is unmatched, it’s like he was born to do it. Battle has a killer instinct and he can knock almost anyone out with just one punch. If Battle manages the win here it’d be huge and he’d be seen as one of if not the best fighter in the org. It’ll be a tough task for him to do though. ADA on the other hand wants to keep his amazing winning streak alive and show why he is the best fighter in HFC hands down. We’d be here all day if I were to talk about all the amazing wins ADA has in his career and he’s only 24! I’m trying not to make this me hyping up ADA but, he is truly amazing. Although Battle has proven people wrong before and he is an extremely talented fighter. It’ll be difficult for Battle to pick a KO because of ADA’s granite chin. If ADA gets Battle to the ground there is very little Battle can do to stop him from getting the sub. Overall a great main event and one with a lot of importance.

My pick: Dos Anjos Via Submission (Kimura)

How could you not pick ADA? ADA has shown time and time again why he is the best. As good as Battle is ADA is just in another league of greatness. One takedown and it’s over for Battle. Battle still has a good chance and ADA better not overlook him but, ADA has a very clear path to victory. I don’t even know what’s next for ADA. He's too good and he’ll be champion for a very long time. Overall a great main event that is guaranteed to draw in a big crowd!

Predicted KO of the night: Leif Leifsson

Predicted Sub of the night: Slash Slingin 

Predicted Fight of the night: ADA vs Dre Battle

Well folks that’s it for your HFC review. As always I want to thank HFC and JW Hardman for being so awesome and helping me out in many ways. This is looking like a great card with many fight of the night candidates. The fans in New York are lucky they get to see this one live. I’m Alexei Smirnov and I hope you all are doing great and remember…

STAY HARDCORE!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 1/5/2021 at 9:15 PM, Bleakardor said:

I really don’t see a way to win here for Woods. He seems to have more skill than Slingin but it'll be very difficult for Woods to get the KO due to Slingin’s chin and he can’t beat him on the ground. As for Slingin as soon as he gets a takedown it’s game over, he is the master at getting subs. There is still potential for Woods to win but, I see Slingin as the clear favorite in this one. 

thanks for this man you just made me more hungry appreciate it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheBuster said:

Destruction could be KO’d by a fly.

???

Great job man!  Funny you said that about Destruction, because I've heard others say that about him in the past.

Overall, great preview, I enjoyed the read.  Some great, and some very bold predictions in there.  Picking Ford over Patriot will make Fords day for sure, he's been waiting for this chance for a while now.  And Patriot, well, Patriot has just been winning, and winning... and winning.  Even when I counted him out, he would win.  I am so excited for that fight.

And the main event!  I mean, not only two amazing fighters, but look at the managers behind the men?  HLK is proving he can hang with anyone at any level, and CK has been the top level for years.  Both members of Convicted, so no matter who wins, there's going to be some shit talk, bragging rights, and just great banter from that fight.  

I'm very excited for this card, and very pleased with your work, Alexei!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bleakardor said:

???

Great job man!  Funny you said that about Destruction, because I've heard others say that about him in the past.

Overall, great preview, I enjoyed the read.  Some great, and some very bold predictions in there.  Picking Ford over Patriot will make Fords day for sure, he's been waiting for this chance for a while now.  And Patriot, well, Patriot has just been winning, and winning... and winning.  Even when I counted him out, he would win.  I am so excited for that fight.

And the main event!  I mean, not only two amazing fighters, but look at the managers behind the men?  HLK is proving he can hang with anyone at any level, and CK has been the top level for years.  Both members of Convicted, so no matter who wins, there's going to be some shit talk, bragging rights, and just great banter from that fight.  

I'm very excited for this card, and very pleased with your work, Alexei!

Love to hear and thanks a lot!

I'm also very excited for this card and it has a lot of good opportunities for big upsets! You're definitely right about that main event, it's a huge one. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheBuster said:

HFC 55 - Dos Anjos vs Battle - Preview

Saggy "Low Balls" Dinglestomper vs Kai Kona

Up next we have a fight between two sexually active fighters. It’s Saggy “Low Balls” Dinglestomper (5-3-0) taking on Kai Kona (7-4-0). Dinglestomper coming off two wins and Kona coming off a big loss. A win for either of these fighters could mean big things, Dinglestomper is ranked 10th and Kona ranked 5th. A win for Dinglestomper could shake up these rankings a lot. This will be another standing fight as these two don’t want to go to the ground and I can’t really blame them. Dinglestompers most notable win would be against O Donnelly a fighter who has many fights in HFC, a good win but, not super impressive. Kona’s best win would be against Bleak a much better opponent and someone who’s impressed me. Really neither of these two men have huge wins just yet in their small careers. These two men are very even in terms of their skills and their size. This would probably be the most even fight of the card so far as this is a very difficult choice, either of these two could go on and be great in their divisions. This will be an even stand up battle and I think Dinglestomper will be eager to bang it out.

My pick: Dinglestomper Via Unanimous Decision

Wow is this an even fight, it’s basically a coin toss for me. Dinglestomper seems to have slightly better boxing and wrestling but Kona has a better record. This would be a bit of an upset especially if you look at the rankings but, this preview wouldn’t be as fun if I only chose based off the rankings. I think Dinglestomper can prove to HFC that he’s more than a funny sex joke and I really think he can far if he wins this. As for Kona I still wouldn’t count him out, he is a skilled fighter and he’s proven he can win. Overall looking like a very entertaining fight for sure!

15799094534670.gif

"I'm in no way arrogant enough to come in here and make some grand gesture where I guarantee a win tonight against Kona.  What I will say is that we're going to bring everything we have to the cage and let the chips fall where they may!  Kona has fantastic backing in his corner with manager P J Jones, somebody we respect a ton over in Camp Rumpler and always expect to have a rough night with, win or lose.  One of us is going to earn this one tonight, that's the one thing I can guarantee the fans!  Oh, that, and that if a dingle stomping is what it takes, that's what it takes!  In Brazil, we do what we have to to survive!"

• Upvote 4

On 1/9/2021 at 8:48 AM, HareRumpler said:

15799094534670.gif

"I'm in no way arrogant enough to come in here and make some grand gesture where I guarantee a win tonight against Kona.  What I will say is that we're going to bring everything we have to the cage and let the chips fall where they may!  Kona has fantastic backing in his corner with manager P J Jones, somebody we respect a ton over in Camp Rumpler and always expect to have a rough night with, win or lose.  One of us is going to earn this one tonight, that's the one thing I can guarantee the fans!  Oh, that, and that if a dingle stomping is what it takes, that's what it takes!  In Brazil, we do what we have to to survive!"

15639778095610.png

Its a very tough fight, lets put on a show brah

• Upvote 3

I just go to the fighter avatar in game and copy/paste it here.  Not had a problem with it since new forums went in place.  I can't stand these forums, for sure, but not had that problem before.

Worse case scenario, you can try just putting name and then quotes, instead of fighter avatar.

WOW!  What a card!  We have not one, but TWO new champs!  HUGE congradulations to both Dre Battle for taking out reigning Fighter of the Year, Dos Anjos, and to both Ed Ford (and our writher for the pick) dethroning Patriot.  

Two long standing champs fell in their first defense of the new year.  This is going to cause some shake ups in the standings and a clamoring at the top of both divisions as there are new kings sitting up top.

I expect both of these champs will be looking to bounce back quickly to earn that gold back, and in the event Lindholm calls for a title shot after his big win.  This year is kicking off with a bang and I can't wait to see what the rest of 2021 holds for us here at HFC.  (Lord knows I don't want to even think about 2020 or 2021 in RL)

I'll be working on a review of the event as well as standings update tomorrow (possibly into Monday depending my work situation) and will have it posted up here as soon as it's done.

• Upvote 4