Hardcore - Official Smack Talk Thread

Bleakardor

135  Bantamweight  Rankings
1.  Petchuanglek Sitsongrit (8-1)  Champion  (4x)
2.  Chad Repine (11-5)   (vs Bulb for #1)
3.  Adim Bulb (7-3)  (vs Repine for #1)
4.  Gervais Lavigne (10-4)  

145  Featherweight  Rankings
1.  Marcello Sosa (13-1-1)  Champion (5x)
2.  Jewel Diaz (11-3-1) #1 Contender 
3.  Joe Tidd (13-8)  
4.  BJJ Catch Wrestler (10-7) 
5.  Roberto Soldic (8-5) 

155  Lightweight  Rankings
1.   Gorgon Patriot (11-3)  Champion  (4x)
2.  Ed Ford (8-3)   #1 Contender 
3.  Pinero Chai (10-1-1)  
4.  Olyn Seran (10-5-1)  
5.  Kai Kona (7-4)  

170  Welterweight  Rankings
1. Malcom King (9-1)   Champion  (x1)
2.  Manolito Tai Kung (14-2)  #1 Contender
3.  Lucien Lachance (11-5)  
4.  Slash Slingin (14-4)   
5.  Aingot Nofud (8-4-1)

185  Middleweight  Rankings
1.  Ademaro Dos Anjos  (14-1)  Champion  (7x)
2. Dre Battle (7-1)   #1 Contender  
3.  Feaqeuin Bizihwaeile (14-6)  
4.  Sabotage Rex (10-3)  
5.  Baruto Tonissaar (9-4)   

205  Light  Heavyweight  Rankings
1.  Maxim Jahouli (11-3)  Champion  (1x)
2.  Ralph McGuire (10-3)  #1 Contender  
3.  Seelow Heights (7-2)  
4.  Ko Van Den Born (7-2)     
5.  Jet Gunner (7-4)  

265  Heavyweight  Rankings
1.  Demir Kocak (12 - 2)  Champion (5x)
2.  Boris Krylov (12-4)
3.  Sergey Telegin (6-2)
4.  Alex Ferreria (11-5)
5.  Juju Baraka (5-2)

265+  Super  Heavyweight  Rankings
1.  Massive Wanker (14-0) Champion (9x)
2.  Jason Mendoza (10-2)      #1 Contender
3.  Chief Red Eagle (20-5)
4.  Lev Davidovitch Bronstein (13-6) 
5.  Gregory Motts (12-5) 

• Upvote 1

HFC 54 in Review

Fight of the Night:
Massive Wanker vs Demir Kocak

We knew a war was coming, and we were not disappointed.  These two fighters squared off and shook the entire building.   We'll dive into this fight in a bit, but both fighters put on a hell of a show, and we thank them for it!

KO of the Night:
Boris Krylov

The man is a bleeder, but he's also a finisher.  He's learned that the doctors are pussies and if he gets cut he needs to finish fast, and that's exactly what he did over a top notch opponent in Bronstein.  

Sub of the Night:  
Roberto Soldic

Soldic got the fight where he wanted and in the final seconds of round 2, pulled off the armbar against Pisswater.  

Wanker def Kocak via Submission 2:56 of round 3

We knew this was going to be a war, and a war it was.  But just like every other war, this one ended the same way.  With Massive Wanker holding up his arms as the gold is being strapped around his waist.  And before you ask, yes, we had to have it custom enlarged for him.

The first round was a bit of a clinch fest as the fight was bouncing in and out of the clinch, but Wanker showed he came in with a gameplan and was far more aggressive than Kocak, and scored points with the judges easily taking the round on the score cards.

The second round started off the same way, but Kocak managed to find his range and started landing counter strikes.  He closed the gap and made it a much closer round, but in appearances, Wanker still outscored Kocak in the second round as well, putting the pressure on Kocak to start winning rounds.

Round three comes along, knowing Kocac is behind the ball and needs to make something happen, Wanker came out and stuck to his guns.  But expecting the counter, Wanker displayed some nice *gulp* agility and avoided a counter body shot allowing him to dart in and crack Kocak with a massive (yeah, I went there) upper cut putting Kocak on the ground in a state of (holy fuck wtf just happened) confusion.  

Wanker being the beast he is on the ground followed him down and started using his size to control the fight while working for a submission.  The third time's the charm....

Wanker is actively looking for submissions from his back. He's worked himself a little space on the bottom and seems to be going for a triangle. No, he's switched into an armbar! That was slick! Kocak rolls with it to try and escape but Wanker cranks on the arm and Kocak is forced to tap out! This one is aaaaaaaaall over!

And still, HFC Super Heavyweight Champion of the World!!...  Massive Wanker!

Krylov def Bronstein via KO (Head Kick) 4:55 of round 1.

Lev had a gameplan.. take the fight to the ground and try to bleed out his opponent... well, that's as far as we got.  Out of the gate, Lev was aggressively seeking the takedown and after three failed in a row, he managed to finally get the job done on the 4th.  And yes, all before the 1 minute mark in the round.  

After that, it was a brutal assault of punches and elbows and sure enough, Krylov started to bleed, and then bleed some more.  So he held on for dear life, controlled Bronstein (who had expended a ton of energy to this point) and forced a referee standup.  

And then, Krylov returned the favor.  Bronstein was bleeding now, and Krylov was pissed the fuck off.  He went full blown aggressive mode and Bronstein was backpedaling, into the cage, just trying to find a way to get this fight back to the ground before getting ... too late..

With only seconds to go in the opening round, and the cage already looking like a scene from the movie SAW, this happens...

Bronstein throws a left and a right that both miss
and as Bronstein loses concentration momentarily, Krylov counters with a picture perfect head kick! Bronstein goes down, out cold! The referee rushed in to check on his condition - I'm sure he'll be ok but that was a massive knockout!

Joe Tidd def Bryan Furry via TKO (Strikes) :44 of round 3

Round 1 ... takedown, reversal, grapple grapple, sweat trading, Furry domination, move along.

Round 2... takedown, grapple grapple, sub, reversal, reversal, Tidd dominated, move along.

Round 3... takedown.. Tidd "ok, fuck this sweaty man hugging"  mount, hammer, rock, and the ref stop.

Furry did well in the first round, taking it on the judges cards, but Tidd was ever so aggressive throughout the fight, getting the fight to the ground in all three rounds and putting a quick end to it once the round 3 bell rang.  Some beautiful GnP put Furry in la la land and that was all she wrote.

Tidd working over Furry with some ground and pound. Furry looks like he wants out of this position, which is understandable.
Tidd scores with a big shot! Furry's head bounced off the canvas with a huge thud! More strikes land and the referee has jumped in to save Furry! He was hurt real bad - good stoppage!

Pinero Chai def Miguel Sandoval via Decision (Unanimous)

For a long fight, not a whole lot to say about this one.  Chai came out and did what he does, he scored points, and lots of them, with the judges.  Sandoval was able to get the fight to the ground a few times, but was unable to keep the fight there and finish.  This fight went to the judges and the top contender Pinero Chai keeps to his winning ways setting up a soon to come title shot for that lightweight belt.

Roberto Soldic def Nati Pisswater via Submission (Armbar) 4:43 of round 2

First round these guys danced a bit, in and out of the clinch, but standing the whole time and Pisswater was able to pick apart Soldic and dominate the round.  After an ear full from his corner, the loudest voice of which being from his manager, PJ Jones, Soldic came out with a different approach for round 2.

Some back and forth exchanges for the first minute or so, and then Soldic takes the fight to the ground and starts working his submission fu.  On his fourth attempt, Soldic managed to lock in an armbar to finish the fight.

Soldic is working actively from the bottom, looking for submissions. He's escaped his hips to the side and he's going for an armbar! Pisswater has his hands clasped together but Soldic extends and breaks Pisswater's desperate grasp, forcing a tap out due to armbar! Nice BJJ displayed there by Soldic.

Aingot Nofud def Bald Martin via Decision (Unanimous)

Hungry vs Bald, who would have the most pent of anger?  Sometimes being hungry is all the motivation you need, and sometimes you get to hear your fighter picked to lose in a fight preview.  Whichever source of motivation Nofud drew upon it was enough to take out the favored Martin.  Nofud dominated each and every round on the score cards with all three judges.  You don't get a more decisive victory than that from a judges card, excellent job by Aingot, or Ingot, whichever he's going by these days.

John Smith def Harry Olsen via TKO (Strikes) 4:25 of round 2
Juju Baraka def Jim Fox via KO (Punch) 1:05 of round 1
Richard Pryor def Billy Bob via Decision (Unanimous)
Alesana Seia def Samson Komua via TKO (Punches) 3:58 of round 2

It's worth noting that Seia's def of Komua caused a divide between he and his manager and he's now a free agent looking for a new manager to work with.

What an outstanding even, some great fights, and a very HARDCORE way to break in the near year.  Our first official event of the year has us off to a great start, and we look forward to a great year for the HFC this year.

On a side note, HFC staff is working on a process to nominate, vote, and award yearly awards within the HFC.  We will keep you posted with updates as soon as we hammer out the details on how we want to proceed.  Being as this is our first ever full year, this is the first year these awards will be awarded and we want to set the process now on how to do this going forward.

Stay HARDCORE!

I didn't want this to be the last post on last page.  So moved it to top of this page.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Man, that was just going off of rankings.  At the time, Martin was ranked higher than Nofud so you were deemed the underdog.  Or was it because he picked you to lose?  I'm not sure, but I can assure you that nobody was trying to hurt any feelings.  

I stopped doing predictions in my write-ups because people would get butt hurt if I picked them to lose.  Unfortunately, one fighter has to lose almost every time... we have a 50/50 chance of being wrong.  

If you guys want us to stop making predictions, let us know and I'll tell our writer not to make picks.  That takes away from the enjoyment in my opinion, but I'd rather do that than have people be offended by our picks.  I love that your boy won and proved him wrong, but not too keen on the steady nagging of his prediction in his first ever event.

Now keep in mind, that was our writers first crack at doing a preview and I thought he did a pretty damned good job.  With as hard as it is to find a writer these days, I would really appreciate it if we didn't run him off before he gets going by picking apart his picks.  

Hey guys, have been doing some thinking and trying to find out the best way to do awards for the year.  I was skimming the forums and found that GAMMA uses a point system to keep track of fighters for awards and HOF, etc..  I have to say this is a great idea so we will be doing the same thing, with a minor variation on the point distribution.

So I will be going back over the active roster and making a spreadsheet for all fighters and what they've done since joining HFC.  We will keep a running tally on points for career, and also via yearly totals.

Win -3
Loss - 1
Draw - 1
Finish bonus - 1
Title fight/defense bonus - 2 (win or lose)
Super-fight bonus- 2 (win or lose)

Once the points have been tallied and everything put into spreadsheet, I'll post an update here.  This will determine the Fighter of the Year award as well as HoF candidacy in the future.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

Now keep in mind, that was our writers first crack at doing a preview and I thought he did a pretty damned good job.  With as hard as it is to find a writer these days, I would really appreciate it if we didn't run him off before he gets going by picking apart his picks.  

The writer did a great job, no doubt!  However, the writer should also not get upset if people nag at him over picks, seriously, it's never personal (or at least, I would hope not in almost all cases) and usually in good fun!  LOL.  Hell, half the fun over at Sucker Punch with the picks is having people give Donkey shit for what he called in the first place...haha.  If you're getting the crew riled up, yer doin' something right in my mind and creating interaction! 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

Man, that was just going off of rankings.  At the time, Martin was ranked higher than Nofud so you were deemed the underdog.  Or was it because he picked you to lose?  I'm not sure, but I can assure you that nobody was trying to hurt any feelings.  

I stopped doing predictions in my write-ups because people would get butt hurt if I picked them to lose.  Unfortunately, one fighter has to lose almost every time... we have a 50/50 chance of being wrong.  

If you guys want us to stop making predictions, let us know and I'll tell our writer not to make picks.  That takes away from the enjoyment in my opinion, but I'd rather do that than have people be offended by our picks.  I love that your boy won and proved him wrong, but not too keen on the steady nagging of his prediction in his first ever event.

Im not butthurt, im just roleplaying the fighter to keep forums active, but I will leave your thread unanswered if it bothers you. 

1 hour ago, HareRumpler said:

The writer did a great job, no doubt!  However, the writer should also not get upset if people nag at him over picks, seriously, it's never personal (or at least, I would hope not in almost all cases) and usually in good fun!  LOL.  Hell, half the fun over at Sucker Punch with the picks is having people give Donkey shit for what he called in the first place...haha.  If you're getting the crew riled up, yer doin' something right in my mind and creating interaction! 

This

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

JW complained multiple times last year (mid august i suppose?) that no one had any reaction oe fwedbacj to his write ups, hence my effoet to roleplay with my fighters at HCF smack thread. 

If it were me getting sour, Id pm him instead of putting a fighter picture, having all the trouble to make the text bold or italic, etc... 

Anyway, I agree with you, but in here you have to admit as first option that its NOT a personal attack, not other way around... Specially with activity going downhill. 

• Upvote 2

Double action this weekend for my team, as two big boys from my camp will be fighting on the HFC55card!

Leifsson is looking to come back from a long layoff and prove that even with limited training, he can cause major issues for anyone in the division. Look for a motivated Swede in this fight. 

Lindholm on the other hand has proven his worth already since joining HFC and is scheduled to fight BBB on that same event. BBB is managed by veteran Freako Wimp and so far has shown of his granite chin and heavy hands. It will be interesting to see if this fight will be a point fight between two granite chinned guys, or if one or both guys will thrown down hard from the first minute and go for a kill.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, andy808 said:

Why did you undo your downvote to my post? It's ok to be a petty manlet. While you're at it, go pick up another one of my fighters and fail miserably at it again

If one of your guys was on the FA list, it is because you failed in the first place. I don't mind picking up garbage from others and giving it a go, everyone deserves a second chance, even your garbage. But sometimes when it stinks, it is not good. 

5 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

However, I will say that it's good for the writer to know that the digs are intended as fun and that the response is a positive thing and not a bad one. The worst would be having them think it's intended in ill-will and getting discouraged!  

5 hours ago, barney said:

JW complained multiple times last year (mid august i suppose?) that no one had any reaction oe fwedbacj to his write ups, hence my effoet to roleplay with my fighters at HCF smack thread. 

If it were me getting sour, Id pm him instead of putting a fighter picture, having all the trouble to make the text bold or italic, etc... 

Anyway, I agree with you, but in here you have to admit as first option that its NOT a personal attack, not other way around... Specially with activity going downhill. 

I do like that my writing is getting people to respond, if no one said anything it would feel like I’m writing for nothing. I totally understand the digs and I like the character work, might have to interview Nofud in the future! I’ll keep writing and making predictions and if y’all want to talk to me my pms are open. Working on the next HFC preview and I hope you all will like it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, TheBuster said:

I do like that my writing is getting people to respond, if no one said anything it would feel like I’m writing for nothing. I totally understand the digs and I like the character work, might have to interview Nofud in the future! I’ll keep writing and making predictions and if y’all want to talk to me my pms are open. Working on the next HFC preview and I hope you all will like it!

Keep up the great work.  But my guy's gonna be pissed if you pick against him again!  LOL!!!  Ok, that was too easy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I thought I mentioned that I was not calling out Barney.  I apologize for that.  I have received messages in the past from a couple of managers giving me shit about my picks.  So when I saw your pick, I over reacted in fear of running off our guy.  I actually really like the activity, please don't ignore them.  lol  

I didn't know you were roleplaying the character though, that would have made all the difference in the world to my reaction.  And regardless, the writer likes it so I'm not the slightest worried about it.

Again, I apologize for any offense given, not intended.  I'm just so damned excited that I don't have to write so much anymore that I am pampering the new guy.  lol

Edit**  

I just re-read my post. Man, I'm sorry.  I retyped that thing so many times and yeah.. I should have just let it go.  I did single you out and didn't mean to.  My bad man.

Edited by Bleakardor
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, andy808 said:

Congrats on beating a 25yo my 4th month back to the game with a developed project, I would hope you would. And viewing my profile 30 times, definitely not stalker material. Feel free to fight any of my actual fighters. Oh wait you're probably busy on buzz

So you are fine beating shit fighters with your 25year old build, but make excuses when you were finally forced to fight a guy in an ID org that kicked your ass so badly that even a blind man wouldn't have wanted to see it..? 

1 hour ago, TheBuster said:

image.png.386cc5ad2dbdf3dd53b873f57584ccd9.png

Leif Leifsson

You better predict me to win my fight this weekend, or Andy will be down! 

• Like 1