Jack's Avatars

Jackking

Sadly deadpool was declined said it was weird and not avatar enough

I'm not shocked, although I will argue it WAS certainly avatary. It had avatar nose, eyes and mouth... perhaps they were difficult to distinguish though.

I think it had more to do with the fact that it was "weird", I've had several rejected for this reason even though they looked extremely avatary.

Note: doesn't look enough like an avatar - too realistic.

This one grinds my gears because it's very clearly avatar eyes, nose and lips.

My style is to make it as realistic as possible w/o it looking like a real person and I firmly believe this one should have passed...

here's the base pic for reference and you can see for yourself what's been changed:

yiZCKBo.jpg qua98LT.gif

This one grinds my gears because it's very clearly avatar eyes, nose and lips.

My style is to make it as realistic as possible w/o it looking like a real person and I firmly believe this one should have passed...

here's the base pic for reference and you can see for yourself what's been changed:

yiZCKBo.jpg qua98LT.gif

I agree

I hate to ask you do this, but perhaps you could point him to this thread and ask him what could be done to get this one accepted?

In the past Mike has provided suggestions upon request on ways to modify specific avs to get them accepted.

No need to. If Mike declines with a vague statement he will cover his arse with a memo that asks you to write back to him if you need further details.

It’s lazy, unprofessional and time consuming just like his renovations.

This is the#1 reason I categorically refuse to buy VIP and would rather ask in the forums for people to buy my Tycoon $ at a lower price and people are actually helpful.

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

I haven't made any avs in a a looooong time due to a new and very busy job, moving, and now the coronavirus shit.

But I finally found myself with some free time this week and decided to have one more go.

While historically my style has been to be a as realistic as possible, I'm so sick of having avs rejected that I just decided to go full av on this one. Only complaint Mike could have is that the face is a little small, but it's still clearly an avatar face and the sizing was intentional to evoke the disparity between this lone explorer and the vastness of space.

Ok intros aside, here it is:

NEW AVATAR AUCTION - 4/10/20

Lost in Space

CwllIbk.gif

The Auction will close Monday 4/13 at 5PM GMT/1PM EST

In honor of the coolest new org SPPS (Sucker Punch Pro Series)

No min bid, no min bid increment

Bid $1, outbid someone by $1, fuck it, play dirty

Oh and Happy Easter :smile_anim:

• Upvote 6