Will Mousassi be champ ?

jacky67

Hi guys,

Been a long time here,

what you guys think of mousassi, i just have a hard time to figure his real potentiel, looks like some fight he come out very strong and on some he lose without showing too much.

Example is both Hall fights.

Do you think it's a lack of skills or something else, or he's too jack of all trades a la Bisping ??

When he is on he is the best MW the UFC has. He just isnt consistent enough. Great striker, solid grappler. Has, unarguably, one of the best chins in mma. The first hall fight was as flukish a loss as they come, he dominated that fight until he ducked into a errant Hall body kick. Hall still needed to pile on a couple of knees and some gnp to get him out.

The UFC wont push him for whatever lame reason they have. The MW division is all about favoritism and exclusion.

I believe Mousasi can beat anyone in the MW division. Problem is he needs to fight the perfect fight against the top to do it, and even then, he's going to struggle against those guys, since his tdd isn't the greatest, and all the top guys have a great grappling base. If he can keep the fight standing he has a shot against anyone though.

• Upvote 1

Underestimating Bisping as always...

Being British myself, i always want to support the guy, but i still see the guy as someone which took advantage of certain situations.

Against Anderson he won in a fight where Silva was clowning around more than his usual self, to the extent that he lost the fight, besides Anderson is nowhere near the level he used to be. Rockhold plain and simple underestimated him, he deserved to get KOed and i was happy Bisping finally got that. In his first defense i have no idea why Henderson was even in that fight, he has been a shell of his former self for years, he literally has just one hand.

Bisping has heart, he is tenacious, hard working, he also has a very good motor and his chin is much better than most people give him credit for. His cardio is second to none as well. I think he can beat anyone which goes into a fight with him and does not take him serious, he did that with Silva and Rockholm and if Yoel does the same, he will get beat. Yoel is actually a type which Bisping can beat, if Bisping can get through the first 3 rounds, i doubt Yoel will be effective in the last 2. He is also a guy with very little volume, so Bisping can outpoint him for sure. Yoel has also shown to seriously tire in fights to the extent that he cannot defend even takedowns, so i would not be surprised to see Bisping getting a win in this fight.

• Upvote 1

Jacare and Rockhold would be the toughest fights for mousasi, but they are both very winnable. Mousasi is the best W on jacares record and they are 1-1 head to head. Jacare really didn't look good to me vs Romero, even though I thought it should have been scored a draw, he's in his late thirties and I think he's past his prime.rochold would be a toss up. I think mousasi is the better striker with more power and a better chin, but I could see Rockhold taking him down and controlling mousasi the whole fight.

Romero, Bisping and weeidman , I'd favor mousasi very heavily vs all three for different reasons. Romero could land one of his highlight reel techniques, but that would be his only chance. Bisping is not as good a striker or grappler as mousasi and doesn't have the power or chin to hang with him anyway. Weeidman was never as good as most thought, and after injuries is no longer a top guy. He couldn't even bend well enough to shoot a good takedown in his last two fights and looked especially stiff and slow vs Romero.

Weeidman was never as good as most thought, and after injuries is no longer a top guy. He couldn't even bend well enough to shoot a good takedown in his last two fights and looked especially stiff and slow vs Romero.

I never really thought he was that good ever when he was suppose to be good and as you said, he seems a lot worse off since the injuries. He could get back to a high level though, he is not that old.

Middleweight is in a bizarre place right now. I could easily see him being a champion with one or no defenses.

Here is a crazy thought - Mousasi wins championship, Uriah hall gets his rubber match... Uriah Hall, UFC champion?

Of course, they'd be crazy to book that fight, but I'd find that hilarious.

Moussasi winning a fight depends on his mood :D
sometimes he turns up very energetic and in focused killer-mood and at that time, I don't think that any fighter got a chance against that guy .. because Mousssi is so well rounded than almost all of the fighters in the UFC

but sometimes he comes to the fight just like he got up right at the moment ..sleepy headed or so and then he doesn't perform well at all

:)
but mark my words, IF he becomes a champions, most probably he will during the next year or 2018 ... he would definitely attempt to defend that title without all the bullshit drama unlike some other 'champions' -_-