Quotes thread

So throughout history (yes history can also be 1 second ago) many people, famous or not, have said many wise things.

Me being a lover of history know a great many quotes.

So i want to know more or just relive old good ones.

To make it more fun someone places a quote and the next person has to figure out who said it and then post their own and so on and so forth (dont ruin it and google to those cheaters out there)

"With all of the cross training now, many of the UFC fighters seem to be Ken Shamrock clones. I think Mir is an example of these clones, and I would defeat him in less than 25 seconds."

My favourite football quotes:

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that." - Bill Shankly

“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win” -Gary Lineker :D

There are tons of collections of german Fußball quotes here, but most of the time the translation would ruin them - often missuse of common phrases for example. But here kind of my favourite where the translation does no harm:

"There he goes, a grand player. A man like Steffi Graf." -Jörg Dahlmann

• 7 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

“The only wasted vote is voting for somebody you don’t believe in.”

Gary Johnson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...