Keeping an eye on the fight engine since the changes

MMATycoon

Yeah, to me that kind of defeats the point of countering. In real life counter-striking is more of a "points" style of fighter. The best counter-strikers in MMA and boxing are usually not knockout artists. Machida and Floyd Mayweather, Jr come to mind. Perfectly capable of knockouts, but just as likely to outscore their opponents with a combination of great defense and landing shots when their opponent exposes themselves.

Might have nothing to do with counter. If he was at 100% accuracy and his punches were all landing at pitter patter style, then judges aren't going to award him any points either.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, to me that kind of defeats the point of countering. In real life counter-striking is more of a "points" style of fighter. The best counter-strikers in MMA and boxing are usually not knockout artists. Machida and Floyd Mayweather, Jr come to mind. Perfectly capable of knockouts, but just as likely to outscore their opponents with a combination of great defense and landing shots when their opponent exposes themselves.

Anderson. Chuck.

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com...php?FTID=554178

In the clinch, before i rocked my opponent i landed every shot, and after that i went 159/9 in one round? Is this some kind of a bug or what the hell just happened?

It's a sign of either...

1) Great Killer Instinct/Intelligence - and your fighter went into full out beserk/head hunting/kill mode/reckless abandon

2) Piss poor intelligence - and your fighter failed miserably when going for the kill on your aggressive clinch slider settings

3) Opponent heart

4) A combination of 1 or 2 and 3.

I've seen fighters get rocked, and the attacker goes nuts head hunting. Only a few things you can contribute it to, unless it's a bug.

• Upvote 1

Observations from this fight I had today:

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=557099

It's now more likely for a sens wrestler to take down a an exceptional one with elite tdd (5 of 7)than it is for an elite- MT guy with elite- clinch and all elite physicals to take the fight into the clinch (1 of 6) against a fighter with proficient MT. Seems way out of balance to me. I was 53 agg and 68 acc just because I was pretty sure counter take down was overpowered and didnt want to give him all that many opportunities.

Looks to me like counter takedown is way overpowered. My fighter was taken down on 25% of his missed strikes

Fight scoring is still awful. Van Gundy loses the first round and the fight because he got taken down and was on the bottom for around 30 seconds.

• Upvote 1

The stats are in your favor cause of the last round, opponent was out of energy and basically a punching bag the whole round thus the reason the stats look so good on your end. But you did lose the first 2 rounds, IMO

you can't look at stats as they don't tell you round by round.

You didn't follow him down. Even though it says: "Kasparaitis follows him down to the mat and pounds him out with hammerfists until the referee jumps in to end the fight!", you'll notice that you landed 0 ground strikes. It's just flavour text.

Sorry, this is slightly off topic because it's really a "training engine" query under the new system.

One of my fighters just de-popped in speed. That in itself is not a problem at all, I completely understand that it's a tiny drop causing the red arrow :)

However, I was a bit surprised to see that speed dropped as I'd aimed general CTs fairly recently, and assuming that resets thetickers for all physicals then it should not be the tickers decline causing the de-pop as it was well within the 40 sessions.

By process of elimination therefore it must have been either age decline (not possible as he's not yet 28) or because he's reached his potential (he's over 77% total, so must be this).

My reading of the wiki indicates that if you've reached your potential, then effectively every time you train then every skill that you did not train that session will suffer some sort of decrease. Taken in the round, the fighter's overall skill points will remain unchanged. The extent of the spread of the decreases for skills not trained that session will depend on how long it has been since the fighter trained in each of those skills (the longer it had been, the proportionately higher the decrease).

If that's correct, was my fighter just so close to the limit between skill levels for speed that basically whatever share of the decrease that speed received, it would show as a de-pop, or is there more to it? eg that skills at higher levels are also weighted to share a proportionately higher amount of the decrease?

For instance, this fighter's elbows and knees continue to rise slowly since the changes, despite not training elbows or knees at all, and only doing minimal MT sparring. As a result, I would have thought that elbows and knees would keep getting pinged back when other skills increase due to him being at his potential but this doesn't seem to be the case.

It doesn't reset all the tickers to do a general circuit, it knocks off X%. If you do speed specific ones, that does reset it.

You can see the amount you dropped in that skill by hovering over the up / down arrow on the skill pops. Even if the ticker for e.g. punches is 1 and all the others is 30, you do still lose a bit of punches just a tiny amount (if you're over your potential). Higher skills are also weighted higher when taking off skills.

2 fights today, both of my guys were gassed from a body shot in the first minute of the fight. One of my guys has sensational cardio/boxing/punches and elite striking defense. No way he should get gassed from the first body punch in the first minute, after that he just turns into a punching bag.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=556486

The second fight was more understandable because my guy has useless kicks and he took a kick to the midsection so I wont vent about that one too much but still, he has wonderful conditioning and gassed from the first body kick in the first minute.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=558118

I'm not bitter because of the losses (ok maybe a little) I'm just really getting sick of these overpowered body shots.

For instance, this fighter's elbows and knees continue to rise slowly since the changes, despite not training elbows or knees at all, and only doing minimal MT sparring. As a result, I would have thought that elbows and knees would keep getting pinged back when other skills increase due to him being at his potential but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I always liked Deamus's idea that we could be allowed to check certain secondaries that we didnt want to train up or or have a check box next to something that you could click when it reached a level that you didnt want it to go above but Mike didnt like it.

• Upvote 2

with new changes without tickers, maybe it would be good to have training settings on two weeks basis or more. since mike said that skills will go down like after 40 sessions, having longer setting possibilty gives chance to set those less important skills once every two or three weeks.