Poster Thread

Man, it's not about who is better designer, I have admitted it many times I suck at photoshop. I saw those posters here and gave my opinion - it is just someone else's great work doing the image and your lazy work putting two words on a layer above. Your previous awards mean nothing to that particular case, don't get me wrong you probably are good designer, but those 4 posters are just copycat work.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I did one the other day for TFC, and while it's far from the best I've seen, I still used custom fonts, special burn and blur effects, and every element can be edited in my program for future tweaks.

Customization is the cool part. Not taking someone else's polished work and adding a layer.

http://i.imgur.com/09W0bVB.jpg

Dude, what? The bottom layer you used there and the metal plates are all someone else's images that you've not touched. Also, the dimensions of the bottom layer are completely fucked from the original one. And what do you mean by custom fonts? You created those fonts yourself from the scratch? ..or just downloaded them from dafont.com or some other site like most of us do? I don't understand what you've done here is so much different from what I did with those couple posters. Please lemme know, thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dude, what? The bottom layer you used there and the metal plates are all originals that you've not touched.

The background came from my library, yes. The metal plates are textured backgrounds, not just set images from a clipart search. I can make them any length or size I want and keep them looking consistent. Ask Tom Bickle. He went over multiple versions with me last night.

Also, the dimensions of the bottom layer is completely crooked from the original one.

That's not even grammatically correct. No idea what you mean.

You created those fonts yourself from the scratch? I don't understand what you've done here is so much different from what I did with those couple posters. Please lemme know, thanks.

The 'Total War' text is from an online program that can spit out stylized text dependent upon user input.

After I generated that, I made further alterations to the texture and color... the version you're looking at is the least edited. Again, ask Bickle. At first the text looked more like it was pounded into the steel, but we decided on a clearer, easier-to-read option since posters are so small once uploaded.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

English is not my first language so try to bear with me. The original dimensions of that picture have been altered, the image is stretched and it shows.

An online program? Mm'kay. The "total war" -text is kinda cool looking I give you that but still nothing you did there is that much different from what I did. I used someone else's art as a background, so did you. I played around with the fonts in the posters, so did you. I still don't understand what's the difference that makes you walk the high road here.

I don't know who "Tom Bickle" is, sorry.

ps. could you please resize the poster to the mmatycoon poster size (240x290) so we can see what it actually looks like, thanks. Many details tend to disappear when the image is shrinked to the correct size.

I don't know who "Tom Bickle" is, sorry.

ps. could you please resize the poster to the mmatycoon poster size (240x290) so we can see what it actually looks like, thanks. Many details tend to disappear when the image is shrinked to the correct size.

Tom Bickle is the owner of the Org who wanted the poster.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgupcomingeventpublic.php?EvID=880044

There you see it at "normal" size. When it's that small I don't notice the imperfect background at all.

An online program? Mm'kay. The "total war" -text is kinda cool looking I give you that but still nothing you did there is that much different from what I did. I used someone else's art as a background, so did you. I played around with the fonts in the posters, so did you. I still don't understand what's the difference that makes you walk the high road here.

You don't understand the difference between my type of poster, and THIS type?

http://oi63.tinypic.com/33beaoh.jpg

That's literally just PowerPoint Word Art put on top of an incredibly detailed graphic that someone else made.

Although to be honest I don't really care.

I just chimed in when I saw Ovo post the comparisons. Sorry if you feel like it's a personal attack or something. I barely keep track of who posts what.

• Downvote 1

Man, it's not about who is better designer, I have admitted it many times I suck at photoshop. I saw those posters here and gave my opinion - it is just someone else's great work doing the image and your lazy work putting two words on a layer above. Your previous awards mean nothing to that particular case, don't get me wrong you probably are good designer, but those 4 posters are just copycat work.

Like I said I do these posters in my free time just for fun. In some cases for a little bit of mmatycoon money which the org owner pays me -after- they've seen and accepted the work. It's just weird as fuck to me that some special snowflake - who admittedly "suck at photososhop" - just waltzes in here and discredits work that he apparently has little knowledge of. Just like that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Like I said I do these posters in my free time just for fun. In some cases for a little bit of mmatycoon money which the org owner pays me -after- they've seen and accepted the work. It's just weird as fuck to me that some special snowflake - who admittedly "suck at photososhop" - just waltzes in here and discredits work that he apparently has little knowledge of. Just like that.

Because some of those posters are clearly copycat jobs. Just text on top of a piece of art. Just like he said.

Even to someone with "little knowledge" it's obvious.

Besides, you don't have to be some almighty expert on something to have an opinion.

If your Orgs are happy with the work they get, it's seriously not a big deal, but it is a fair criticism if you post them publicly like you deserve major credit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgupcomingeventpublic.php?EvID=880044

There you see it at "normal" size. When it's that small I don't notice the imperfect background at all.

Well I do. Plus the font art that you created starts to get quite blurry. For example see the "begins" -text there.

I fucking hate to point these things out but I do it because you two came after me. What I do with my work - like I said before - I try to keep the proportions, dimensions, and all the GFX very sharp. I might have to start adding more words to these posters to make you guys satisfied...

http://oi63.tinypic.com/33beaoh.jpg

That's literally just PowerPoint Word Art put on top of an incredibly detailed graphic that someone else made.

Yeah now this bothers me. You actually think that is a some sort of powerpoint word art whatever the f that is? The posters is 100% made with photoshop just fyi. The text has multiple effects and couple of layers (see it's crisp and sharp) and I try to size it and place it very carefully to compliment the original background. And you can't see/tell any of this? I don't know what to say to that man.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Because some of those posters are clearly copycat jobs. Just text on top of a piece of art. Just like he said.

The only difference between my poster and yours is that I use different type of picture in the background. From there on out it's all the same. Except of course you have more text in there than I do which apparently is a problem (in my posters).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It seems quite clear you're butthurt and lashing out, because we didn't like your PowerPoint presentation.

If you want to be shielded from the criticism in the future, stop pasting WordArt on someone else's work.

I'm abandoning the thread so feel free to go nuclear.

I might have the .psd file laying around somewhere. Want to have it? I bet the powerpoint in your computer wont open it. Actually, do you even know what a .psd is?

Whats wrong with Dee posters? Evevryone makes them like that. For example what about avatars? You all make them and you just use what ever you find on google there is nothing of your own desing.

• Upvote 1

Whats wrong with Dee's words on someone else's posters? Evevryone makes them like that. For example what about avatars? You all make them and you just use what ever you find on google there is nothing of your own desing.

Here, I have corrected it for you. Never imagined there be so much butthurt about such a small issue. Judging by Dee's reaction, I think I found the exactly right spot :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here, I have corrected it for you. Never imagined there be so much butthurt about such a small issue. Judging by Dee's reaction, I think I found the exactly right spot :)

I am not butthurt just asking.
I he has used other posters that other managers has used before in the game on purpose that is not good of course but if he uses posters that has not have any connection with this game I seriously dont understand what is wrong with it. As I said me creating avatars here and there I dont see anything bad in using other peoples content if its not connected directly to this game.

Even to someone with "little knowledge" it's obvious.

Besides, you don't have to be some almighty expert on something to have an opinion.

If your Orgs are happy with the work they get, it's seriously not a big deal, but it is a fair criticism if you post them publicly like you deserve major credit.

This is not a copy paste job?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57767&hl=

http://i.imgur.com/dzmr0E3.png13117810_491751437692444_1359344573_n.jp

I don't understand where this hate stems from. Im just trying to explain myself and the stuff I do/create and you're constantly being a douchebag about it. Maybe me dropping few f words there got you and your minion confused that Im raging or something? Im just genuinely think that your bashing is uncalled for.

• Downvote 1

Nothing wrong with Dee his posters at all. There is nothing bad with taking high resolution nice pictures and turning them into badass posters.
He knows very well how to adapt his text and lay-out to the background. His posters are aesthetically sound.

I don't see your comment as an attack towards him, but don't understand why you feel the need to keep going at it. You both have different styles and that's perfect.

• Upvote 2

Nothing wrong with Dee his posters at all. There is nothing bad with taking high resolution nice pictures and turning them into badass posters.

He knows very well how to adapt his text and lay-out to the background. His posters are aesthetically sound.

I don't see your comment as an attack towards him, but don't understand why you feel the need to keep going at it. You both have different styles and that's perfect.

Its not the problem that they are attacking him I just find it weird that they attack him but do the same stuff.

Great fucking work!

edit: down vote me? see my gif down there :)

"Its not the problem that they are attacking him I just find it weird that they attack him but do the same stuff.'

maybe thats why they are commenting on his work.. its because i liked it! and i said my opinion.

great to know that i affect so many people by doing nothing hahaa