Different tactics per round

MMATycoon

Do you want different tactics per round?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want different tactics per round?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know / Don't care

Id personally rather not have it. I like the idea of the sliders the way they are. See how it goes or follow my orders is fine by me.

same here! if you want to set up takedowns with leg and body kicks set stay standing to around 80 or 90 and then hell sneak in takedowns from time to time after x amount of strikes! thats how the engine works

same here! if you want to set up takedowns with leg and body kicks set stay standing to around 80 or 90 and then hell sneak in takedowns from time to time after x amount of strikes! thats how the engine works

Or he'll try a takedown first, then again, then a body kick and spend the whole second round without a single takedown attempt. the problem is setting a random percentage generator to apply to all three rounds doesn't guarantee you use that technique. Setting your takedowns to 10% first round and 60% second round would have a huge benefit. Accurate strikes to soften the head 80% of the first round and big bombs at 60% the second and maybe 20% of the third to preserve energy and win the decision while still attempting the occasional bomb. it's genius to me.

MULTIPLE SLIDERS FTW

Why is the best idea I've seen you come up with the only one you're willing to bend on, Mike?

They'll thank you for it later! For those who want to avoid the long process... add a check box that applies first round tactics through all 3-5 rounds.

Or he'll try a takedown first, then again, then a body kick and spend the whole second round without a single takedown attempt. the problem is setting a random percentage generator to apply to all three rounds doesn't guarantee you use that technique. Setting your takedowns to 10% first round and 60% second round would have a huge benefit. Accurate strikes to soften the head 80% of the first round and big bombs at 60% the second and maybe 20% of the third to preserve energy and win the decision while still attempting the occasional bomb. it's genius to me.

MULTIPLE SLIDERS FTW

Why is the best idea I've seen you come up with the only one you're willing to bend on, Mike?

They'll thank you for it later! For those who want to avoid the long process... add a check box that applies first round tactics through all 3-5 rounds.

Love chronic, the kryptonic chronic but this idea is no bueno. Nobody goes into a fight sayin I'm only gonna shoot for a takedown or two this round and round 2 I'm changin it up shootin for takedowns all day everyday baby. That's just not how it works.

Love chronic, the kryptonic chronic but this idea is no bueno. Nobody goes into a fight sayin I'm only gonna shoot for a takedown or two this round and round 2 I'm changin it up shootin for takedowns all day everyday baby. That's just not how it works.

Actually GSP said that's exactly how it worked for his plan against BJ.

How is everyone making this about what real MMA fighters are thinking? Even though that's how a lot of fighters actually DO think when they come into a fight. (see MMATycoon's post)

For this game, it makes sense. It's all about strategy over random chance or at least narrowing your random chance down to a more tactful setup than 100% agg/ 100% big single shots the whole fight.

Do you really believe the pros come in with a one dimensional strategy like 100% sub attempts for all 3 rounds like we're doing now?

We'll see how it actually pans out... until then, let's just smoke another bowl and realize the developers probably aren't looking to destroy their game. Something I wish I had thought about before some of my first few posts on the forums.

until then, let's just smoke another bowl and realize the developers probably aren't looking to destroy their game.

I'm down with that.

A game is like a child to a developer, they want it to turn out as good and kick ass as possible. Everything they do about with the game, they do because they believe it will make their child better. (at least independent developers)

Now, pass that shit.

• 5 weeks later...

I really don't think it would complicate things that much if there was a way to copy your first tactics to the other rounds and I really feel like the strategy changes would be minimal from round to round for most people... 10-20% on the aggression or head to body shot ration and maybe an increased takedown rate for the later rounds. I think the option to set the same tactics for all the rounds is totally necessary. The multi slider thing should be a luxury for advanced players while leaving the option for simplicity

• 3 weeks later...

I didnt finish reading all comments till the end but i think it is a great idea, actually it was the first thing i thought of when I was setting the sliders for the first time. I cant believe think there is no point to it.

First of all If you know you have higher conditioning than your opponent you can be more defensive in the first rounds and possibly do some leg kicks to tire the opponent even more. Than when he is very exhausted towards the end go for the finish.

I mean this is just one scenario out of a many that I can think off.

if u just set an extra box to say if winning/ if losing to changing strategy per round it would work perfect

then it will be like a real MMA fight corner giving tips on what to do if losing and winnin well its the best thing since it aint in real time

I think this is all a good idea. this way you can expose the other fighters poor/good conditioning levels or u can simply try new tactics against them in case u couldnt take them out first round

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

would be interesting, but im wary of giving managers to much control over tactics.

fighters fight after al, not managers or cornermen

on the positive it would make intelligence a worthwhile attribute and the see how it goes slider more interesting

• 2 weeks later...
would be interesting, but im wary of giving managers to much control over tactics.

fighters fight after al, not managers or cornermen

on the positive it would make intelligence a worthwhile attribute and the see how it goes slider more interesting

you do realize that the fighters in this game aren't autonomous, right?

in this game the manager decides what clothes their fighters wear, which org they fight for, how often they go for takedowns, etc etc. why not decide their strategy from round to round?

• 2 weeks later...
you do realize that the fighters in this game aren't autonomous, right?

in this game the manager decides what clothes their fighters wear, which org they fight for, how often they go for takedowns, etc etc. why not decide their strategy from round to round?

cuz the game is running perfectly fine as it is.. why change what works?

i dont think we need new tactics, theres much variation now, but a feature that summarizes stratagy's could be good,

for example, if i was muay thai ,,,bjj, maybe my tactics would be work the legs, like leg kicks in round 1, 2, and then in 3 id try to sub them legs i was owning............. i know we can do that stuff thru the sliders , but most new players dont understand sliders fully so . preset gameplans could be real efficent.

then main differnce, between what i purpose and the c urrent, is, i wouldnt waste my energy subbing in rnd one and 2,

as it is now if i turn the sub on even 1 percent, it subs w/e subing is applicable ie ground.

if u just set an extra box to say if winning/ if losing to changing strategy per round it would work perfect

then it will be like a real MMA fight corner giving tips on what to do if losing and winnin well its the best thing since it aint in real time

i like this idea as well.

it has equal effect to the general idea i was getting at.

I enjoy the idea the idea of being able to work over an opponent with questionable cardios legs and body first round, then look for the finish after they are likely gassed. I also think based on how everything has been coded as of yet it can be implemented without it becoming too complicated - have found everything in the game quite user-friendly. Obviously, it might not be needed in every fight, but it's a very viable strategy for select fights. Wear them down, then go in for the kill.

The option of tactics the way they are now, and I guess another option for round by round tactics. Me doing 3-5 pages of tactics for all my fighters would leave me with at least 13 x 3 .... 39 tactics to set. Too much for me atm especially just tryin to keep my guys sparring/training schedule on point every day.

To prevent confusion for the newer members, we can have 2 types of slider: Entire fight and Per round. The default one will be the entire fight slider, set it once and the slider will be your fighter's output in the entire match, just like what we are having now. When a manager click per round, then there's round 1, round 2 and round 3 so he could set the slider for each round.

Or just make a slider and have an apply to all round button for newer manager so they could just click it so their one slider will be paste to all three rounds.