Swing for fences/fight for decision

Shortstacker

Good morning all,

Im having a hard time fully understanding these sliders.

Heres my thoughts on them, if Im wrong, please correct me!

Swing for fences: The higher you tune it, the more aggressive you become, potentially leaving yourself open to counters. If you set the timer to 60 seconds, your fighter will tune up the aggression with one minute left in the round.

Fight for decision: The higher you tune it, the more points your fighter will shoot for with the time limit youve set, example above stands.

Please, if you can clear this up for me, Id appreciate it.

• Swing for fences vs Stick to gameplan: If your fighter is losing with X seconds to go, he will abandon his gameplan and just start swinging for the fences, looking for a knockout. If your fighter is on the ground, he can "swing for the fences" on the ground too... although it's a slightly inaccurate way of putting it, basically it just means he will look for a finish more than he would have done previously.
  • Swing seconds: (Swing seconds is a number entry limited between 5 and 180). It is basically the value of X in the sentence above... With how many seconds left does your fighter abandon his gameplan (if he is losing), and just look for the finish.
  • Fight for decision vs Stick to gameplan: This is basically the opposite of "Swing for fences vs Stick to gameplan". If you are winning the fight, your fighter will begin to fight for a decision and be more cautious. This should help prevent your fighter from being KOd or subbed by someone who's hit their Swing Seconds and is going hell for leather.
  • FFD Seconds: Applies to the above new addition. This is the same as swing seconds but for the Fight for decision vs Stick to gameplan slider. Set this to 100 seconds and with 100 seconds left to go in the fight, your fighter will fight more cautiously.
  • Note: These two sliders operate in a more regimented way than the swing for the fences sliders. Swing for the fences just means an increase in aggression, but that aggression is a sliding scale. As the fight time runs out, your fighter will become more and more aggressive. With the fight for a decision slider, it's more fixed. If you set the fight for decision vs stick to gameplan to 50%, as soon as they hit that FFD seconds mark, they'll drop their aggression by 50% in all areas.

Seems to me it's a scale of to what degree you change your gameplan so .5 (50%) isn't necessarily useless.

• Upvote 4