1410590406devilsrejects1.jpg

"I am the devil... and I am here to do the Devil's work."

Bomb Squad knocked into retirement by Biggums

#3 barney

barney

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,852 posts
  • Interests:Sports physician. Guitar player. Super Troll. Major asshole.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:17 AM

Renan Barao vs. Urijah Faber – UFC 169
Chas Skelly vs. Maximo Blanco – UFC Fight Night 94
Uriah Hall vs. Dont Remember the Fuck Face - UFC Fight Night 94
Dustin Poirier vs. Eddie Alvarez – UFC 211
Jim Miller vs. Guida - UFC on ESPN 5

I DO see your point tho, PBR...

People say he wasnt completly out, still defending, still knee-shielding... Thus, good stoppage.

Well, lets remember Anthony Smith never stopped "smart defending" himself. Doesnt make Herzog reffing atroucious. IMHO this defending was worse than Smith's. Trinaldo stood up there looking at the ref, guy could have tried to transition to a better guard (lace the leg and go for half guard, SLX, [reverse] De la Riva, knee ride, whatever), instead he keeps there with his guard passed, just extending his arm... He was still dazed, so thats all he could do   In all honesty, I'd rather see people bitch about "Herb Dean causing a fighter to lose bonus of the night" than "Herb Dean caused brain damage".

GwuCpff.jpg

banner.png

#4 damndaniel

damndaniel

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:17 AM

I like Dan Hardy but thought he overreacted. Being a ref in a thankless job. I think he did alright. Maybe a little late but not the end of the world. Shit happens. We have seen way worse with less controversy about it. (weidman vs Munoz was a bad one back in the day and I dont remember anyone even botherd about it) 

https://www.youtube....h?v=7YFhuUbKMhk

#5 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 10,842 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:19 AM

99% of the time I'm more bothered by an early stoppage than a late stoppage.

#6 barney

barney

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,852 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:19 AM

Exactly, wasnt THAT bad. I think maybe late, so I can understand the fuzz, but yeah there was worse...

And the more heat they put on the Ref, the worse the reffing will be... Dana does a really shit job putting more oil on the fire instead of help shielding the refs

GwuCpff.jpg

banner.png

#7 barney

barney

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,852 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:23 AM

99% of the time I'm more bothered by an early stoppage than a late stoppage.

Wold you go back to this heel hook by Palhares? I fucking wouldnt lol

Thats how I see (most) of early stoppages.

GwuCpff.jpg

banner.png

#8 Gator001

Gator001

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:26 AM

I dilsike early stoppages more than late ones. The refs are f....d if they do and f....d if they dont

vjTJrni.png     FpkD9O4.png2Mf5YIJ.png

PEyhJ6u.png

https://www.mmatycoo...ic.php?cid=5571

#9 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 10,842 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:58 AM

Fighters should just fill out a "Protect me, or let me fucking fight" card in advance.

#10 Gator001

Gator001

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 03:36 AM

I like Dan Hardy but thought he overreacted. Being a ref in a thankless job. I think he did alright. Maybe a little late but not the end of the world. Shit happens. We have seen way worse with less controversy about it. (weidman vs Munoz was a bad one back in the day and I dont remember anyone even botherd about it) 

https://www.youtube....h?v=7YFhuUbKMhk

Hardy is very close to Jai Herbert I think. His commentary during that fight was probably the most biased I have ever heard, it was a disgrace. His reaction with Herb was overstepping his place by a long way. AFter what I saw (and hardy's commentary in previous euro v US fights)  Hardy should be booted

PEyhJ6u.png

#11 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,211 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 27 July 2020 - 06:18 AM

If anything Herb is one of those that stops it too early.

#12 Mannetosen

Mannetosen

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 838 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 01:25 PM

Hardy is very close to Jai Herbert I think. His commentary during that fight was probably the most biased I have ever heard, it was a disgrace. His reaction with Herb was overstepping his place by a long way. AFter what I saw (and hardy's commentary in previous euro v US fights)  Hardy should be booted

Have you ever heard mr. Francisco Santos Mir III commentate the fights of his favorite fighter, Miguel Torres?

I thought it was a garbage stoppage and thought that Hardy reacted in a very understandable and human way. Herb Dean is insanely overrated as a ref, especially over the last 5 or so years.

#13 Fallen.Angel

Fallen.Angel

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 02:22 PM

if he stop the fights early .. then it's all on the referee as well. so ...

Camp League :- x1 Winners (Camp Fallen.Angel)

Pick'em League :- x1 Winner, x3 Runner-up
15-nuggets.jpg

#14 Gator001

Gator001

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 04:51 AM

Have you ever heard mr. Francisco Santos Mir III commentate the fights of his favorite fighter, Miguel Torres?

I thought it was a garbage stoppage and thought that Hardy reacted in a very understandable and human way. Herb Dean is insanely overrated as a ref, especially over the last 5 or so years.

did you listen to the commentary? My point is not that the stoppage wasnt late but Hardy's reaction was totally unprofessional and when you listen to the commentary it is obvious why. When watching before even getting to the ko we were all saying wtf is hardy herberts corner or something

Late stoppage but not terrible, sure as shit if he jumped in earlier he would be getting roasted on social media just the same

PEyhJ6u.png

#15 Mannetosen

Mannetosen

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 838 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 05:48 AM

did you listen to the commentary? My point is not that the stoppage wasnt late but Hardy's reaction was totally unprofessional and when you listen to the commentary it is obvious why. When watching before even getting to the ko we were all saying wtf is hardy herberts corner or something

Late stoppage but not terrible, sure as shit if he jumped in earlier he would be getting roasted on social media just the same

I listened to his commentary, yes. Imo MMA commentators in general are insanely biased. Hardy's commentary in this fight wasn't the worst I've heard. I guess I've just come to expect MMA commentary to suck.

#16 Gator001

Gator001

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 05:55 AM

I listened to his commentary, yes. Imo MMA commentators in general are insanely biased. Hardy's commentary in this fight wasn't the worst I've heard. I guess I've just come to expect MMA commentary to suck.

fair point mate

PEyhJ6u.png

#17 barney

barney

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,852 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:38 PM

You have yet to watch Brazil hosts' commentary. Its SO bad I actually think Hardy does a great job.

GwuCpff.jpg

banner.png

#18 Mannetosen

Mannetosen

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 838 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:03 PM

You have yet to watch Brazil hosts' commentary. Its SO bad I actually think Hardy does a great job.

Whenever I watch the UFC with Norwegian commentary I almost always lose my shit, so I can imagine.

#19 Rambo

Rambo

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 10,842 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:59 PM

Long live the old Bas and Mauro combo.

#20 bjornmma1

bjornmma1

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 10,234 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:13 AM

The referee has a job not many of us can envy. 

If he stops it too early => shit referee
If he stops it too late => shit referee

If he stops it on time => subjective and always going to be people yelling that it was a bullshit stoppage

For this particilar fight, I personally found Hardy his reaction a disgrace and the UFC should really have a talk to him about it. 

It is easy for him to judge the referee from the sidelines, and even easier to call bullshit afterwards. 

He could just have talked to Herb after the fight backstage and voice his opinion like an adult. 

Perhaps it is time for Hardy to realise that he is not the referee and he thinks that he could do better, let him learn the ropes and give it a go. 
Honestly, Hardy lost more face value than Herb in this situation and rightfully so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users