COVID-19

PBR

I have an auntie based in London, her uncle died from this. He was in his late 70s and sickly, i did not know him very well although i did see him at my cousin's wedding at the end of January this year.

I`m curious how they are really doing in the UK

I expected them to be badly hit like Italy (due to the spread) but so far it seems just normal.

• Downvote 1

Japan didnt use social distancing and is not spreading the virus.
Each stage of virus transmission demands a different stage of contigency strategy.
Thats not ignorancy. Thats public health and epidemiology.

So many ignorants ignored and continue to ignore how important social distancing is and fighting the spread of the virus.

The worst part is this will wipe out their elders and not the future of their stupid DNA so going forward the stupidity will continue unless some changes are made.

• Downvote 3

Japan mass deployed masks in one of the most impressive moves for anyone paying attention. Addressing the spread directly. These fuckers are so good at their outside the box shit as always.

China has also been pretty impressive after kinda fumbling the beginning of the game.

The shit I see in Iran is pure stupidity and they are paying for it.

Each stage of virus transmission demands a different stage of contigency strategy.

That above didn`t make any sense on what I`m talking about. Methinks Google translates failed yous on dis one.

• Upvote 1

Japan mass deployed masks in one of the most impressive moves for anyone paying attention. Addressing the spread directly. These fuckers are so good at their outside the box shit as always.

China has also been pretty impressive after kinda fumbling the beginning of the game.

The shit I see in Iran is pure stupidity and they are paying for it.

That above didn`t make any sense on what I`m talking about. Methinks Google translates failed yous on dis one.

Doesnt makes sense because you are ignorant.

And no, Japan is not avoiding the crisis because of masks. Its because they identify and isolate imported cases early on, decreasing the R0 of the virus.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Doesnt makes sense because you are ignorant.

And no, Japan is not avoiding the crisis because of masks. Its because they identify and isolate imported cases early on, decreasing the R0 of the virus.

Sure thing Mr Sports Physician and Mayor Troll, the guy that wraps my pulled groin is gonna know more than an educated board of experts at work.

You must be going crazy out of ankles to wrap and it is showing.

Try to stay positive or GTFO the thredads, I already warned you once little man.

• Downvote 1

I'm a plumber and we've already been told that we will keep working through quarantine as 1st responders, several contractors or service professions (plumber, electrician, etc..) will continue to keep the country running even if there is a lockdown (and yes, this was how it was put to us by the government). This kind of saddens me.. I was looking forward to a 2 week vacation, but bills gotta be paid.

I don't know anyone directly that has it, but it's seeming to spread fast here in the Houston area, so I'm sure I will soon. Best wishes to recovery for any of you or your loved ones who are ill.

• Upvote 1

I'm a plumber and we've already been told that we will keep working through quarantine as 1st responders, several contractors or service professions (plumber, electrician, etc..) will continue to keep the country running even if there is a lockdown (and yes, this was how it was put to us by the government). This kind of saddens me.. I was looking forward to a 2 week vacation, but bills gotta be paid.

I don't know anyone directly that has it, but it's seeming to spread fast here in the Houston area, so I'm sure I will soon. Best wishes to recovery for any of you or your loved ones who are ill.

me and pureevil are in htown also -- suppose to be what over 200 people infected in htown but yet out of thousands of friends between us all and no one knows anyone personally affected or having issues.

I'm in day two of self isolation, more as a precaution though, as a bus and coach driver kind of going to be in the front line now that our profession has been classed in the keyworker category.

Yeah, the driver job is probably one of those high risk groups now, although i guess nothing compares to anyone in the medical profession.

• Upvote 1

Attended to 14 patients with respiratory symptoms today. My wife has severe asthma.

Yes, being in the health care profession these days is being a roller coaster

Yeah, the driver job is probably one of those high risk groups now, although i guess nothing compares to anyone in the medical profession.

Yes, being in the health care profession these days is being a roller coaster

That is basically where it started in Cyprus, 50% of the early cases were related to a tourist (from the UK) who visited the hospital, after that a large group of the doctors were infected.

That is basically where it started in Cyprus, 50% of the early cases were related to a tourist (from the UK) who visited the hospital, after that a large group of the doctors were infected.

Italy had a case imported from Germany if Im not mistaken with the same histoey. Went to a hodpital, infected waiting room and the physicians... And now we all know how well that went

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There is something really weird with those stats.

Italy:

Recovered: 7,024

Deaths: 5,476

United Kingdom:

Recovered: 98

Deaths: 234

Canada:

Recovered: 18

Deaths: 21

Sweden:

Recovered: 16

China:

Recovered: 72,244

Deaths: 3,261

South Korea:

Recovered: 2,909

Deaths: 104

The general statistics are showing that the west countries are recovering way worse than most of Asia. So unless the east have a better way of dealing with it (which most people would think otherwise) or the data is inaccurate in some of these places.

• Upvote 2

The really worrying thing about it is if it hits Africa, I seen a report on TV that they are particularly concerned in South Africa, because of a high percentage of the population is Hiv positive. That just doesn't bare thinking about :(

• Upvote 1

There is something really weird with those stats.

Italy:

Recovered: 7,024

Deaths: 5,476

United Kingdom:

Recovered: 98

Deaths: 234

Canada:

Recovered: 18

Sweden:

Recovered: 16

China:

Recovered: 72,244

Deaths: 3,261

South Korea:

Recovered: 2,909

Deaths: 104

The general statistics are showing that the west countries are recovering way worse than most of Asia. So unless the east have a better way of dealing with it (which most people would think otherwise) or the data is inaccurate in some of these places.

You also have to have the risk profile from each country.

Remember, its a virus that kill mostly elderly PLUS at least one of the risk factors:

-Hypertension

-Diabetes

-Smokers

-Asthma/chronic lung conditions

-Others (immunodeficient, alpha-1 enzyme depficiency, etc)

So you do have to check each country population and their NTCD profile. Also, their testing recomendations. Italy (and France?) is not testing mild cases that are oriented to house isolation, if Im not mistaken, just the severe cases that goes to the infirmary or intensive care. Hence, more deaths and less recoveries.

Also, testing policies show why different countries have different R0/Rt (replicate rate). Lower replication rates means controlled epidemy. Wich means less people sick at the same time, so you can provide better health care to each one...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1