Unpopular opinion - Joanna won at UFC 248

FinalBell

Respect your opinion but completely disagree. Joanna admitted she didn’t deserve to win, much respect to her for that.

Damage in this case was clearly the biggest factor of the fight. I scored it 49-46 Zhang. Could have been 48-47 no problem but with the same amount of output, we saw the damage and no way I see how you give that fight to Joanna and award her a Championship after getting damaged much more then she inflicted.

Amazing fight, but Zhang was the clear winner to me.

• Upvote 1

Respect your opinion but completely disagree. Joanna admitted she didn’t deserve to win, much respect to her for that.

Damage in this case was clearly the biggest factor of the fight. I scored it 49-46 Zhang. Could have been 48-47 no problem but with the same amount of output, we saw the damage and no way I see how you give that fight to Joanna and award her a Championship after getting damaged much more then she inflicted.

Amazing fight, but Zhang was the clear winner to me.

100% agree, thats exactly what I posted at the event thread here
  • Upvote 1

Hi guys

Just a discussion point, I thought Joanna won the fight on the basis of the 10 point must system. I've explained why in this video: https://youtu.be/5fyqZ7cJmok

For me though possibly the best title fight of all time

Who do you guys think won?

I watched 1 1/2 rounds and went to have a sandwich and missed the rest of the fight. I only watched the fight again after everyone was hyping it as the "greatest fight ever". At best i would rank it as the best women's fight, but that is about the highest i would go.

I still think Zhang was more dangerous and closer to a finish, so i would still give her the win.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a Joanna fan but you could argue she won. Damage is misleading. If you pick the fighter who looks most beat up at the end of a contest, you'll be robbing plenty of people of decisions. Some people get busted up easier, different bone structure, density, scar tissue, etc. Marcus The Irish Hand Grenade i.e. would bleed if you brushed his cheek. Nate Diaz is another one.

Glad Zhang won but first time I watched it thought Joanna might of edged it on points but knew she'd lose cuz she looked like elephant woman. Imho should of been a draw and they'd be running it back.