• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 FightGame26

FightGame26

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:15 PM

that's what it dropped down to after a split decision loss so basically my dude has no confidence?

#2 rjs2442

rjs2442

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:19 PM

47% isnt zero however it also isnt ideal.  I would tread lightly with that one

Posted Image

#3 skengman

skengman

White Belt

• Manager
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:23 PM

That doesn't sound too ideal, the worst morale loss I've had was just down to 75%.

#4 aylib

aylib

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:33 PM

Don't go heavy on counter if you're keeping him.

#5 FightGame26

FightGame26

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:10 AM

I feel obligated to, he's my 16 year old creation. Thanks for the advice

#6 andy808

andy808

White Belt

• Manager
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:38 PM

can anyone expand on this? just coming back to the game, one of my projects that I tested in a qfc to check his hidden, his morale plummeted to like 1% when he lost. what does that mean when aylib says to not go heavy on counter?

#7 skengman

skengman

White Belt

• Manager
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:27 PM

can anyone expand on this? just coming back to the game, one of my projects that I tested in a qfc to check his hidden, his morale plummeted to like 1% when he lost. what does that mean when aylib says to not go heavy on counter?

I'd just get rid of him, really.

#8 andy808

andy808

White Belt

• Manager
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:35 PM

well he popped granite chin so I didnt think too much of the morale drop, but when I saw this thread I thought I'd ask

#9 skengman

skengman

White Belt

• Manager
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:04 PM

well he popped granite chin so I didnt think too much of the morale drop, but when I saw this thread I thought I'd ask

I'm not experienced enough to tell you what to do as I haven't had it happen to me, but my thinking is that he won't be able to train efficiently in the long run.

#10 Shards

Shards

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:12 PM

Morale is directly related to the confidence hidden, a big loss of morale indicates low confidence.

It won't impact your training, an otherwise fast learner with a granite will train fine but likely falter later on vs more solid opponents.

#11 aylib

aylib

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:08 PM

Confidence is essential while employing counter strategies, and if your guy is lacking in that department, he might not be well suited for sitting back and countering, as he would likely fold under pressure, thus you have to be the one exerting pressure and masking that deficit. Or so I think.

#12 gabrielnodoubt

gabrielnodoubt

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:09 PM

Confidence is essential while employing counter strategies, and if your guy is lacking in that department, he might not be well suited for sitting back and countering, as he would likely fold under pressure, thus you have to be the one exerting pressure and masking that deficit. Or so I think.

You learn stuff everyday
I'll bear this in mind too when/if my fighters become more technical counter strikers.

1571332420TEAMDARKSPIRIT.png

Freelance Avatar, Logo, Belt and Poster Designer. I write too but that's a lot more costly. Zealous "Alt" hunter. Owner of Team DARKSPIRIT Dojo

#13 Grump

Grump

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:04 PM

low morale is only an issue when u LOSE....so as long as he is winning its not a prob....and a loss once in a while isnt gonna ffect him that much....on the other hand if he is losing frequently he will eventually fall behind in his training and thats gonna become a prob.  I have a top fighter right now Foot "Cranky Bitch" Fungus (302783) with 100% morale loss when he loses....but he rarely loses so its not an issue.  Every fighter has a weak area....and as long as his other areas are good enuff....and he is WINNING....there is no problem yah?

#14 Grump

Grump

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:20 PM

Morale is directly related to the confidence hidden, a big loss of morale indicates low confidence.

It won't impact your training, an otherwise fast learner with a granite will train fine but likely falter later on vs more solid opponents.

actually it DOES affect his training according to the Wiki.... specially the sparring which is extremely important....and any time u cant train because of low morale thats a loss of training days so yes it DOES affect training....

#15 Shards

Shards

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:35 AM

actually it DOES affect his training according to the Wiki.... specially the sparring which is extremely important....and any time u cant train because of low morale thats a loss of training days so yes it DOES affect training....

I don't usually let guys sit around with low morale but thinking about it I believe you're right here, given low morale effects estimated sparring value(thinking it does) it would impact sparring. I don't know of any evidence supporting an impact to secondaries or physicals.

I'm pretty sure I misunderstood the initial question but I also could have been a bit more specific. The low confidence won't impact training him, but he will more likely lose to fighters not lacking that hidden in the future. I think it's a matter of the chicken and the egg, if you pick up on low confidence early it's an easy sack because you know he's bad in that area and everything else is(likely) up for debate, if you otherwise have a complete monster by the time you learn his confidence is low, keep him so long as he's doing fine.

#16 FightGame26

FightGame26

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:07 AM

Well he's 3-1 and he lost by split decision so no reason to sack I suppose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users