Posted 18 November 2019 - 11:42 PM

Need help with fight tactics and predictions

#2 Joko

Joko

White Belt

• Manager
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

I usually read my next opponent's latest match and try to find something I could exploit.

#3 actionjackson

actionjackson

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:28 PM

Don't use opponent predictions and click on your opponent's fighter stats on the top to get a sense for their game plan.

#4 Monsieur.Camara

Monsieur.Camara

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:35 PM

Don't use opponent predictions and click on your opponent's fighter stats on the top to get a sense for their game plan.

That cheap mode of not touching opponent predictions to let the machine do your homework won’t work against experienced opponents.

The best example is the series between Gusmao and Great Tiger at RISE. Burns and I have been scrambling our tactics each fight and the computer would not be able to keep up with that kind of slider action as it just takes the average from your last 20 fights.

Agreed 70% of the time not touching your predictions will do the job but in my case I enjoy studying fights and setting sliders.

1534123118FARTMMA.jpg

#5 BobbMogg

BobbMogg

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:All sports, boxing,mma, nfl, football, rugby.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:01 PM

I like to read through an opponents last 3 fights and try and work out how he's going to fight against my fighter.

#6 bobloblaw

bobloblaw

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:48 PM

Don't use opponent predictions? That might be the worst advice I've ever seen. Or I don't know anything at all maybe. Am I missing something?

#7 actionjackson

actionjackson

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 966 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 10:23 PM

Don't use opponent predictions? That might be the worst advice I've ever seen. Or I don't know anything at all maybe. Am I missing something?

Predict away bromigo!

#8 bobloblaw

bobloblaw

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 10:38 PM

Predict away bromigo!

I guess I wasn't paying attention to who posted the advice. So if you leave the opponent predictions blank, the computer will potentially do a better job? Do you click the adapt to fight button when doing this, or leave it all alone. I have a fight in a couple days that might be good to test this with.

#9 jjsquirrel

jjsquirrel

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 855 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 11:19 PM

I've seen the same advice from Bwang also so this is coming from pretty solid sources. Still I do use prediction, but not always. I think it has a place. You can go seriously wrong not using it when your opponent changes up their tactics against you. But you often need to scout not only the fighter but the manager as well to get it right.

#10 bobloblaw

bobloblaw

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:10 AM

Well this is interesting. More info in the bank

#11 actionjackson

actionjackson

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 966 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:43 AM

My advice was originally directed at a new manager but that said I rarely use them. Mac who is a great manager evidently uses them and mentions you can go wrong if you don't use them but you can also go very wrong if you do and miss calculate. Like he mentions you need to know what you're doing and know that your opponent is going to change his tactics. If you don't set them it takes the last 20 fights and makes the calculation or something to that effect.

#12 Monsieur.Camara

Monsieur.Camara

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:27 AM

It`s a cheap trick a TON of managers use, it has kind of become the standard.

If you don`t touch predictions then the machine will take a look at your opponents last 20 fights and plan your fight accordingly.  Like everything these days it`s an easier way to just do half the work and let the computer do the other half. 

It is extremely effective as most managers have 2-3 cookie cutter game plans and at some point they start or forget to set sliders.  So oddswise not touching predictions I would say 70% of the time is safe and will do the job for you.

But you play the game how you see fit, it`s like playing a video game, you have that Easy option and you can play or normal difficulty. 

1534123118FARTMMA.jpg

#13 Gator001

Gator001

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:41 AM

I guess I wasn't paying attention to who posted the advice. So if you leave the opponent predictions blank, the computer will potentially do a better job? Do you click the adapt to fight button when doing this, or leave it all alone. I have a fight in a couple days that might be good to test this with.

this. Can anyone explain exactly what the adapt to fight button does positives and negatives

#14 Bwang

Bwang

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,861 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:06 PM

Don’t touch the prediction sliders at all, if you want to take advantage of the -gameplanfrom previous20fights- auto prediction.

If you just tick the adapt to fight box, it will assume you have set all the other sliders to the middle position, which won’t help you at all.

Adapt to fight means your fighter starts on the sliders ‘prediction’ you’ve set and slowly changes them as the fight goes on. How fast and how successfully they change, and ‘adapt’, depends on their IQ and experience.

#15 Monsieur.Camara

Monsieur.Camara

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:58 PM

Don’t touch the prediction sliders at all, if you want to take advantage of the -gameplanfrom previous20fights- auto prediction.

If you just tick the adapt to fight box, it will assume you have set all the other sliders to the middle position, which won’t help you at all.

Adapt to fight means your fighter starts on the sliders ‘prediction’ you’ve set and slowly changes them as the fight goes on. How fast and how successfully they change, and ‘adapt’, depends on their IQ and experience.

I learn something everyday :) 

Fart Master taught me to never click on adat to fight so I never click it , glad I listened. 

Speaking of slider setting I passed out last night looking at these and woke up this morning looking at this:  https://www.mmatycoo...123&fidb=330872

Should be a helluva show for the fans ! 

1534123118FARTMMA.jpg

#16 Santo

Santo

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:00 PM

I just look at the other guys last fight compare his stats and try to predict what he thinks I will do and do the opposite.

#17 10thPlanetKT

10thPlanetKT

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:20 PM

Hmm me personally when I first started out 2019 this summer as a new manager I always predicted fights 100%. Try to predict what the fighter is going to do by watching all of it's fights and try to get as accurate as possible. I don't know about anyone else but at least for me it is easy to negate what the opponent is planning in that sense and there is no surprises on the possibility of what "could" happen when the fight actually happens in my opinion. 

#18 Santo

Santo

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 03:35 PM

Thank you all for the answers.

#19 SavageMMa

SavageMMa

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 02:23 PM

I change my fighters sliders every fight... 

#20 SavageMMa

SavageMMa

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:06 AM

I tried this and lost 4 fights in a row...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users