Is this game dying?

Huston

Not dying but could use more managers such as yourself, your friends, relatives etc.

Yes! This!

Very busy here too. If you buy VIP and become good / learn you will have fun

Much as I hate to agree with Camara about anything... he is correct on this. It is much more fun with VIP.

Basically, learn what you can, get a mentor, it helps. Bring in as many of your friends and relatives as you can because they will probably add to your enjoyment especially if you get to fight them and earn some bragging rights. Anyway, it is always good to see new managers and we want you to stay so feel free to ask pretty much any of the managers in this post or elsewhere in the various help topics and they will, more than likely, be willing to help you out.

• Upvote 5

Bring in as many of your friends and relatives as you can

Just don't bring the imaginery ones lol.

It is true that game isn't as active as it was 2-3 years ago but still you don't need that many players to enjoy it. Join orgs with 80+ fighters and you will get the desired activity for your roster.

• Upvote 2

I think it's likely just as good as it was 8-9 years ago when I first started playing, it's just there are fewer insanely addicted managers now. With that, there's less forum posting, fewer write ups, etc.

Also, 8-9 years ago, forums were actually popular and a good way of communication. Nowadays, you don't really see healthy forums anywhere, which explains the lack of activity on this one.

• Upvote 2

Contracting if not dying, mostly because the fight engine which remains the genuinely interesting aspect of the game (the business side outside of the human element of orgs is fun for a few artistic types, but too basic to genuinely draw people in) is pretty well worked out and Mike is averaging a couple of tweaks per year at this point.

It is most certainly dying, as all online games of this nature (and even others like flash ones) eventually do as technology moves on but they don't. With old managers dropping like flies and Mike being as absent as ever, it is evident of such.

However, it will be a long time before the game is actually dead and you will still be able to have an enjoyable time fighting and training until then. There are many new players and orgs of both new and old, so you'll always have somewhere to compete. The game is what you and everyone else makes of it.

• Upvote 4

General internet trend of forums going down and chats going up. I personally prefer forums since they don't require real-time and posts are much better preserved and searchable for later which fits the pace of this game better. And we got all spam posts conveniently sorted under a separate category.

Yeah, that is the general consensus in regards to forums, I also prefer forums as well to be honest, chat's can be very time consuming. That said, the game active community is significantly down since the peak period 2010-2014, the game as it is now is about where it was a year ago, so it is not really going up or down.

• Upvote 1

• 4 years later...

I've been around this game forever...The last number of months I myself have lost interest. Its not the game itself. Its the speed. It is far to time consuming to train a fighter from 18 up to fighting strength. Factor in the skill decline, which is a random age....which I have had many a fighter start at as early as 19. This only prolongs it. Something needs to change to speed up the game. Allow to put more points into a school at creation, increase training gains...cut things in half for the amount of time to train skills up so more fighting can take place. Maybe even spruce up some new fighter tactics to allow more variety. If there was a change that addressed this, I could find myself coming back full time.

I would also think that if these changes were made it would keep new managers interested as the time between all this is not very appealing to stick around or spend money on.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, XxxtremeT13 said:

I've been around this game forever...The last number of months I myself have lost interest. Its not the game itself. Its the speed. It is far to time consuming to train a fighter from 18 up to fighting strength. Factor in the skill decline, which is a random age....which I have had many a fighter start at as early as 19. This only prolongs it. Something needs to change to speed up the game. Allow to put more points into a school at creation, increase training gains...cut things in half for the amount of time to train skills up so more fighting can take place. Maybe even spruce up some new fighter tactics to allow more variety. If there was a change that addressed this, I could find myself coming back full time.

I would also think that if these changes were made it would keep new managers interested as the time between all this is not very appealing to stick around or spend money on.

Got to agree.... The first project 18yo I ever made is just hitting Sensational across his primaries now and coming close to Elite where he might start to consider Open ID. Having to wait two years for a fast learner to hit Elite and start thinking about the top Orgs is far too much of a commitment to a game for most. If you were to cut that training time in half so a good learner hits Elite and enters his prime after a IRL time that would mean he is 22 in the game and would go a long way to keeping players engaged.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, CelticStryder said:

Got to agree.... The first project 18yo I ever made is just hitting Sensational across his primaries now and coming close to Elite where he might start to consider Open ID. Having to wait two years for a fast learner to hit Elite and start thinking about the top Orgs is far too much of a commitment to a game for most. If you were to cut that training time in half so a good learner hits Elite and enters his prime after a IRL time that would mean he is 22 in the game and would go a long way to keeping players engaged.

On the one had i agree totally, on the other hand, the game has been around for 15 years now. What you guys are saying will mean you need to basically change the whole game, because not only will they mature faster, they will also degrade and decline faster. It also means you have to also alter other things in the game such as injuries, cuts, how regularly orgs can hold events (as fighters will need to compete more regularly). Not to mention any such changes will totally destroy all legacies and historical records, as basically it means the rules have also been changed.

I would say, it makes more sense to relaunch something like the "Island", a continual universe where all fights are considered amature fights (ie, do not count towards their professional records). Fighters develop much faster. I would speed the gameworld even more than you mentioned, maybe have it 4x faster (now 1 month = 1 in game year, you can do it 1 week = 1 in game year), that way a fighter will go from 18y to peak within 4-6 months. VIP members will be allowed to have 1 extra company at a cost on this new universe. Once the fighter reaches a certain age, they automatically become professional and move to the main gameword, their amateur record is recorded separately. 

To make this worthwhile for Mike, maybe have some additional minor cost per fighter who is on this gameworld, or allow existing manager to also run an "amateur" company. Profits will also be smaller, but you will be able to run more events. 

• Upvote 1