I have been thinking about this for a long time and am ready to push on with it.
This tournament style was announced a year ago by myself, but I opened it with a too strict restriction.
Now that I have my beloved org NY Fight Nights back and know what the reason was behind the slower sign-ups, there is no reason why this would not turn out to be the best and most special creation tournament since a long time!
- Creation tournament with testing allowed ( 4 weeks of training time after creation date)
- Creation date to be determined ( sign-ups have to be set in stone 2 weeks after creation date, so two weeks to test maximum)
- Weight class : 205lbs
- Age restriction : 18 year olds only
- Fighters must be called after their own manager ( or their famous nickname)
- 20 fighters , split randomly into 2 pools of 10.
- Fights every 2 weeks
- 3 * 5min rounds.
- 3 points for a finish win
- 2 points for a decision win
- 1 point for a draw
- 0 points for a loss
After the regular tournament, a semi-final will be set up with the 4 fighters with the most points at the end of the season.
The winners of the semi-finals will battle it out afterwards for the grand title.
The semi-finals and finals will be 5*5min rounds.
Who can join?
- Former ( or current) number top 10 managers only.
This tournament style is in no way meant to make those that aren't eligible to compete feel not worthy.
It is meant to be fun and read stuff like ' Karter throws a big uppercut and lands flush on JLP's chin. '
500k for the winner
250k for the runner up.
Custom trophy for the winner
( Sponsorships and gifts to the prize pool are very welcome obviously)
=> PM for gifts or contributions please.
This is basically meant to be a sort of champions league creation tournament with a fun touch. I hope it can bring back spark a lot of interest and keep the game buzzing.