Primary skills adjusted by Secondaries

Rambo

It's been debated for a long time and suggested even more. Just reviving the idea. I feel like the Primary skill needs to reflect secondaries.

I.E. You can't be a purple belt with no Sub offense. Your secondary skills (accumulated) will reflect your primary. You can't be an elite boxer without punches and striking defense. You can't have a black belt without Sub offense, Def Grappling, Transitions. You can't be an elite wrestler with only TD Def and escapes. Can't have Elite Muay Thai without knees and elbows.

I'm not sure how you would adjust the secondary stats to reflect primaries, you could go X amount of points invested in a skill = Primary level. Obviously skills like Boxing would require less points than something like wrestling, since there's more secondaries correlated with the wrestling skill. But in order to have elite boxing you 100% should require elite punches and striking defense. BJJ belt color would require X amount of sub offense + transitions + def grappling

• Upvote 11

I'd definitely like to see this implemented. Could have different levels of input from skills i.e. with Def Grap being both BJJ and Wrestling, have it contribute less to the primaries than say Submissions for BJJ or Ground and Pound for Wrestling

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have long felt that this is the direction the game needs to go in, in addition to adding enough skills overall to the game that no fighter can possibly cover all areas allowing for less cookie cutter builds and a more wide variety of styles.

No more skills :suicide_anim:

ONLY thing I could possibly even remotely say, okay, maybe this will do. Would be Footwork. It'd be essential for Punch Tech, Kicks, and Striking Defense effectiveness. It's like the only stat I could think of that pure grapple builds could neglect and an absolute must have for strikers.

• Upvote 2

by all means primary skills should be a reflect of secondaries.

my first guess on a hunch is that this would prevent all-elite builds which should be almost imposible to achieve. it would also make it much harder to achieve "elite" level in muay thai which makes the game much more realistic because no MMA fighter has even what it would ammount to "Superb" or "Remarkable" Muay Thai let alone Elite.

• Upvote 2