IQ test

JoChewy

Average 100. 70-100 not very intelligent. 100-130 increasingly intelligent by significant degrees. 130+ extremely intelligent (cutoff level for MENSA)

There is no definite cut off point, as its relative to the test undertaken with each one being different. For example, I took one when I was 13 and I got 134 while the cut off point on that test was 140. I may have only gotten 120 or so in a tedt requiring less as they would be more complex. Like any test though, its not really a test people should place too much faith in as there are a lot of factors that can determine a result, actual intelligence being just one of them.

As for the answers, there is no real "average". The IQ test gives you a value of that fightrrs intelligence hidden. That ranges from 1-150, but its extremely, if not impossible, to be below 70 or so. Once you get 110+, thats where it really turns into a positive. Remember though that the value it gives you is actually a range. As it could give you 117 in one test but 123 in another

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think that the in-game test is really balanced on the average intelligence of real MMA fighters, also because it's not that easy to estimate.

It's much more likely that Mike balanced it around 100. So 100+ good, 99- bad.

What purpose does the IQ serve in the game if any?

The more intelligent a fighter is, the better he adapts to the situation (when you create the fighter, ticking "Knows how to adapt his gameplan" raises the intelligence hidden skill).

So for example a very intelligent fighter might compensate some errors in your fight tactics, while a very stupid guy might underperform.

• 3 months later...

One of my grapplers just got 137 IQ - how far should I go with "see how it goes"? 30%?

Definitely over 50% SHIG. You can go like 75% SHIG with him. This is only 13 points away from max IQ, keep that in mind. You likely have better IQ than most of your opposition. Maybe even try 80-90 SHIG, even 100% would be good. play with it. He can make good decisions no doubt.

I had a 97 (I think) and a 109 or so, nothing too much to worry about I guess, they can just follow my orders.

Both of these I would go 100% follow orders. Good call.

Definitely over 50% SHIG. You can go like 75% SHIG with him. This is only 13 points away from max IQ, keep that in mind. You likely have better IQ than most of your opposition. Maybe even try 80-90 SHIG, even 100% would be good. play with it. He can make good decisions no doubt.

Both of these I would go 100% follow orders. Good call.

What's your opinion on 117 IQ for a grappler?

What's your opinion on 117 IQ for a grappler?

I have a guy around that level of IQ, last test showed 115 I believe (and I always mark it down on my notepad to remember). I have him on 50-50 and he does quite well for himself. I would suggest somewhere around 50-60% follow orders for this guy but if you scout your opponents extensively and you feel you have the edge in IQ, put higher SHIG - likewise if you find the opposite then make him follow orders more closely.

I have a guy around that level of IQ, last test showed 115 I believe (and I always mark it down on my notepad to remember). I have him on 50-50 and he does quite well for himself. I would suggest somewhere around 50-60% follow orders for this guy but if you scout your opponents extensively and you feel you have the edge in IQ, put higher SHIG - likewise if you find the opposite then make him follow orders more closely.

How can you calculate opponent's SHIG?

It is just like any scouting - you will never be able to calculate the exact hidden values but we know how to judge our own fighters IQ and all the other hiddens so when scouting opponents use the same judgement. A fighter that can get submissions with low bjj can have intelligence, also a fast finisher. Confidence is really what dictates the finishing but intelligence has a little to do with it as well. Anyways the point is you will seldom know unless the fighter popped intelligence at the start of his career but you can still have an idea of the intelligence. I would say it is best to play it safe and keep your fighters SHIG at a certain level most of the time once you know the value but also I am letting you know what I do. I have found the most success in this game with my high intellect fighters and I find it to be one of the fun aspects of the game where you can kind of leave a lot up to the fighter and have better, sometimes unexpected results this way.

I have a KT fighter with 133IQ.dont know what its for. Some thread says IQ is different to intelligent

Intelligent shows on tott when a fighter has high IQ, so it is pretty much the same. Good IQ + good experience help a fighter get good decisions if you let him play with See How It Goes, meaning he will take good decision where to move the fight to. For example:

If you have let him with 90-95% of the sliders to strike from stand-up and rest 5-10% to takedown or clinch and you have set high SHIG, if your fighter is losing the stand-up battle, he will aim to clinch/takedown more than the 5-10% you have set for him.

Also high IQ helps a lot in the ground game again with taking the right decision to sub/advance position/strike in the right moment.