Counter Offers

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:06 AM

POPULAR

I think instead of managers straight up declining, i think the should have the ability to send a counter offer of what they would need to sign. from there the owner chooses to accept his counter offer, send another counter offer, or decline his counter offer and end negotiations. just a thought.

EDIT:

Been thinking about this in the past hour or so, I've owned an org before and this would do my head in, how about when sending the contract offer you can tick a non negotiable box?

Therefore when signing lower ranked fighters you don't have to worry about counter offers anymore then you do at the moment - but if it's a high profile fighter and it makes sense to try and strike together any deal possible then you can add the negotiate variable?

for those who where thinking that people would just send counter offers to send them, this is a good idea.

another one is a final offer button for when your in negotiation and want to wrap it up.

#2 Caleb613

Caleb613

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,277 posts
  • Interests:Wavey Q
  • Manager Profile

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:16 AM

Interesting but how would it work precisely?

Say: initial offer

2000/2000/2000 - 4 fights

Counter

4000/4000/4000 - 2 fights

:comment box: I don't want to sign a long contract

And then the org owner has the option to accept the counter or decline right?

"Me and Scorpion don't compare cause I make Scorpion ""GET OVER HERE""

scorpions_hellfire_fatality.gif

• Guests

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:36 AM

Interesting but how would it work precisely?

Say: initial offer

2000/2000/2000 - 4 fights

Counter

4000/4000/4000 - 2 fights

:comment box: I don't want to sign a long contract

And then the org owner has the option to accept the counter or decline right?

yep. he also has the option to send a third counter offer

Example

3000/3000/3000 -2 fight

:comment box: okay i can do that many fights but not for the price suggested, how about we meet in the middle

• Guests

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:10 AM

+1

As a manager i would love to negotiate (counter) an offer if i think my fighter deserves more...BUT...Think about the headache the org owner will have managing 100 fighters and 75 of them making counters.

#5 Scooby

Scooby

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:52 AM

Yeah, it seemed like a good idea at first, i even +1'd the post and then i thought about the fact that now people will probably counter just to do so and it will be a stupid stressful game between org owner and manager trying to sign EACH of his orgs fighters

1484925009Taijutsu.gifKmiLato.gif1418162563rnc.jpg

#6 Caleb613

Caleb613

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,277 posts
  • Interests:Wavey Q
  • Manager Profile

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:57 AM

Been thinking about this in the past hour or so, I've owned an org before and this would do my head in, how about when sending the contract offer you can tick a non negotiable box?

Therefore when signing lower ranked fighters you don't have to worry about counter offers anymore then you do at the moment - but if it's a high profile fighter and it makes sense to try and strike together any deal possible then you can add the negotiate variable?

"Me and Scorpion don't compare cause I make Scorpion ""GET OVER HERE""

scorpions_hellfire_fatality.gif

• Guests

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

that's exactly what i was thinking. i was just about to say add in a box that say final offer but i think both would work. you could have a non-negotiable box and you could also have a final offer box where if you are going back and forth 
you can just send in a final offer that they have to take or leave.

#8 GBK16

GBK16

Pikachu

• Developer
  • 10,029 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:50 AM

Like the idea, and the other counter arguements to it are valid also.

This idea would be great with a few alterations to ensure it also doesn't cause any major problems.

14535905552yukmeb.jpg1482792032image.jpg1415893171image.jpg

The Seven Musketeers

The Past // The Present // The Future

7x Division 1 Champs (Feb/Mar/Apr/May/Sep/Dec '17 - Jan '18)

tumblr_nfgpck1Lbr1tf69j8o1_400.gif

#9 ddennis2

ddennis2

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:33 AM

Seems like a good idea and it would make the game more fun. I would love to tell the organizations how much I think my fighters are instead of vice versa

#10 Mr.J

Mr.J

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,184 posts
  • Interests:Football,MMA and not giving a fuck.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:12 AM

yeah that would be helpful if implemented.

tWUInvj.jpg?1
Modesty is the pride of the Mediocre.
According to me is the only according to me that matters.
A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.

Self interest is the best interest.

• Guests

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

Great idea with the "non negotiable" box!

#12 madbob

madbob

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

this would be a great addition to the orgs and there owners, especially with the non negotiable box.

great improvement, got a +1 :)

i was like great idea -> heartless and scooby post , oh yeah right hmmmm (not so great anymore) -> the check box ( idea saved ) :D :P

e410c83ae469ca5226002db2195af979.jpg

#13 Wolf

Wolf

Red Belt

• Banned
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

You just have to make an.offer they cant refuse :)

vbw8Ba.gif

Wolf is a fucking cheater

• Guests

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

We should be making orgs easier to run, not more difficult. Many great org owners eventually close up shop because it is simply too time consuming. This would make it much, much worse.

• Guests

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

If the manager wants to change the details he can simply not do anything and at the same time tell the org owner what are his demands. If the org owner agrees to this he''ll send a new contract, if not, he won't and the manager can still accept or let him sit there.

A lot of times I get contracts rejected saying they want less fights or more money and then I send a new offer and everything is fine.

• Guests

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

also, this only makes sense for rich orgs.

young orgs(low mid tier) can't afford to have their signing bonuses on hold while there is this back and forth.

• Guests

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

young orgs(low mid tier) can't afford to have their signing bonuses on hold while there is this back and forth.

Yup, this idea only sounds like a good idea if you have never run an org before. It ties up money, and it also creates much more tedious work, which orgs already have too much of.

• Guests

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

Yup, this idea only sounds like a good idea if you have never run an org before. It ties up money, and it also creates much more tedious work, which orgs already have too much of.

well funny thing is..... im currently running an org and i have run somewhat successful ones before. as stated in a future post and in my edit there should be a non-negotiable box.

• Guests

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

see post above for why this is not completely true.

#20 Scooby

Scooby

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

Damn man, everyone in this thread got negs lol i dont think ive ever seen GBK with a neg

1484925009Taijutsu.gifKmiLato.gif1418162563rnc.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users