Rate a Mentor

SpizzEnergi

When I started. The best thing I did was seek the help of a mentor.

I chose Klatz Matz because he had a decent record and I liked his avatar... I like the Ying Yang philosophy a lot.

Anyway, he was a MASSIVE help but there's no real way for this to show on his profile... maybe a star for every positive mentee experience.

There's a lot of you vets out there that take time to help people like myself, sure you get spins if our fighters win but this is such an important part of the game for Noobs that I seriously feel that you should be properly recognised for it.

• Upvote 13

Great idea. Only issue possibly would be that people who just become Mentors wouldn't have a ranking so people will see them lower on the scale than others. There should be like a guestbook added with it so people can explain why they gave them such a rating, so people don't just get annoyed and rate someone a 1.

yeah good idea with the rating. but as gbk says, rating only in combination with a review/comment. plus maybe a little number on the mentor site how many mentees they already had. i know you can look up the Current Mentees, but what about on the same page, the Past Mentees and then when you click on them, rating and comment comes up.

just brainstorming here

My mentor section is blank on my profile. Maybe it could be locked but viewable with the option for me to write a review, or even a few questions like...

On a scale of 1-10 how welcome did they make you feel

How likely would you be to recommend them to a new manager...

The kind of stuff you as an after sale survey from some of the big stores... however it's done, I think there needs to be something a little more prominent for no other reason but to let the mentors know they're doing a great job.

I agree with Klatz. Ive worked with him many times in the past & he's great. Very active, flexible & always willing to give advice. Honest guy too.

To cater for new mentors, the system could maybe just be a percentage of wins/losses and the percentage overall rating... surely there is a way to keep new mentors in the mix so to speak.

Then, maybe list on the mentor profile of the last two mentee's showing the full results. A the full mentee list could be somewhere not so obvious and if someone is serious enough about the game, They'll find it.

Just thinking from the top of my head here, sorry if it doesn't make sense... maybe the Mentors should get together and decide on something that's fair for all and it can then be put forward to Mike. I'm sure if there was something in place showing the vets are in agreement that it would work for the better of the game he'd code it into the site :)

@Purpose

I just looked at the mentor list and outside Klatz Matz I have had interaction in some way or another (either in game or in the forums) with most of them and they have all been fantastic.

Politics aside, when I've had a question (forum or PM) they have been totally straight with me, so I'm pretty confident that I would have had the same support if I chose them over Klatz... that said, Klatz is the man :P

Also mentor win/loss record is all that shows but this shouldn't be the marker. Klatz helped me with sliders here and there and advised me on "how he" would do it which I took on board, but what if I didn't listen to him and lost? His record takes a hit, but fortunately I did listen and I've worked out "my own " system which seems to be working.

Bit of a novel here, but, mentors help more then just setting your sliders and getting the win... they give you an insight to fighter creation, training, possessions, you name it... they help you so I don't think the mentor system should be judged by win/loss only, as they all do so much more.

• 4 months later...

Totally agree.

My 1st mentor wouldnt even bother to answer my mails....I sent message after message for almost a week and never got a SINGLE reply. And the whole time I was having serious issues with the site and finding what I was looking for like WHERE and WHEN is a fight that i had contracted too...

Makes me wonder why/how this mentor had even become a mentor....must be an automatic part of the game or something because i was checking his profile and he was online every day. Where I come from we consider it disrespectful to not reply...even if u just flip the finger at least acknowledge that anorther human has communicated to you....

So YEAH we need a rating system on the mentors...and perhaps it needs to be looked at as to HOW mentors are selected to start with. Or perhaps they should have an opt-out option so us noobs dont waste or time with the ones not doing mentorships and lose new players that think the game is crap cause the mentors wont even help or REPLY.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really need any more love, kudos and respect... I am full.

Too Damn Bad....KRad was never my mentor but I did recommend him to a friend. I ask the friend earlier this week how he was doing and was told if it had been anyone else theyd have fired them... KRad is obviously doing a good job at mentoring! So to you KRad, Stuff it! your getting Kudos!

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...