Island Season 2 - Changes?

MMATycoon

OK, if we're gunna do any changes for season 2 of the island, e.g. having up to 30 year olds, different game speed, specific island fighter slot etc, we need to discuss and finalize it asap if we want it to start in January.

My preference was for an additional fighter slot for everyone, just for the island. I'd like to get everyone's general thoughts on what they would like to see though, before we set anything in stone.

• Upvote 11

OK, if we're gunna do any changes for season 2 of the island, e.g. having up to 30 year olds, different game speed, specific island fighter slot etc, we need to discuss and finalize it asap if we want it to start in January.

My preference was for an additional fighter slot for everyone, just for the island. I'd like to get everyone's general thoughts on what they would like to see though, before we set anything in stone.

Would we have to pay for this additional fighter slot or would it be a freebie?

+1 love the idea, if everyone got an extra slot just for the island it would dramatically increase the popularity of the island imo

I would love having an additional fighter slot specifically for the island, i also would love having up to 30yr olds... the fighters would leave at 32 though which would be a slight downer but maybe a 28yr old so that he can compete when coming out of the island with bad training opportunites

My feed back from the island

I did not count on the island being as slow as it was because the normal realm had made leaps in advancement when it came to suppliments. They were a big factor using 140 sups instead of 160.

Because of the short time on the island training could not be done effectivly to show any real results in your fighter. The physical part was fine and you managed to get them up to a good standard by the end

but the rest was so so. Mainly because a 25y doesn't learn that quickly... and probably because I had a slow learner.

I wouldn't want to see a speed increase where anyone would reach elite level status on the island but I also wouldn't mind it being speed up a little. Going the route with 30y olds might take away some of the problems but they would learn even slower? so that would probably mean that it's basically a creation tourney because your gains would be really slow. If we some how could get the 30y olds but with 18y learning level then perhaps that would be fast enough for season 2. Add higher level sups to start with and we might have a really good pace. Not too fast not too slow, just right?

Another aspect could be to look at the recovery after a fight as it's the same time as the normal realm. A way to speed things up would to put a faster recovery rate so you could get back into the gym faster after you had a fight. Since it's only 6 months every training day you get counts big time. Injury would stay the same so you probably wouldn't be able to fight more often as you'd go in banged up.

From company standpoint it seemed that the gyms where the winners because of the shortage of good gyms they always was full and the nutrition companies the losers because they couldn't get big enough funds

to evolve their products to a decent level and the competition was rough. A few of them went down under and by the end hardly any was left. Clothing seemed to do fine but imo there where too many of them

• Upvote 3

I'd like the idea of a higher training speed and maybe extend it to a year? If you do a year at triple speed for instance you could have an 18 year old fighter turn 30 at the end of the year. . . Would be awesome to have a micro career especially for those that have no patience ^^

I'd like to see the free slot, but I'd also like to see age levels (and starting skill points) increased. Reason being, I'd like to fight as often as possible and use training to tweak a fighter for the next fight more than creating a monster. Since these fighters are essentially useless after the season, I could even do without training altogehter and simply weight the option of creating a old-timer (32+) with more but deteriorating skills, or a younger fighter (24-28) who might not have all of the skills yet, but is in his prime.

• Upvote 1

With a free slot I would give The Island a shot... why are the fighters useless after coming back to the main land?

same question im asking,why are they useless? cant the be useful once the come back?

Because nutrion supps were only about a 146Q so they cant go as hard in the gym

OK, but if you made say a 20 year old couldn't you pull him up to a decent level outside the island?

if you made a 20y outside the island he would be vastly superior to the 20y created on the island beacuse you'd probably have better access to a decent gym, better sups plus you would be able to use your manager money to get them into a better gym faster. There is nothing saying a fighter there wouldn't be able to succed when he got back... the odds are just not in his favour. My fighter will be for sure sent to the bahamas when this is done.

I think different people have a different idea of what the word useless means. There's nothing wrong with the fighters if they have good hiddens; they just haven't progressed as fast as they could have for a while.

Not only is the training slower, the suppliments not as impactful, and the gyms themselves not as good, people fight the fighters which takes away from training time. Outside of the island, most new creations are set to train for the first couple of in-game years before they ever start fighting on a consistant basis to maximize thier early pops and get higher skill levels at a younger age. Not saying that's right, but it's the way it is. As a result, those island guys are not worth keeping, unless you just plan to keep fighting in restricted ID orgs for kicks.