Tycoon Blitz Chess Championship

Ok, so following the success of VPutin's initiative I would like to throw in my contribution to the fun by organizing a Blitz Chess Championship as well.

Rules: Chess, traditional (not chess960)

Time control for the games: 5 Minutes per player per game

Number of games per round: Best of 5 matches, first player to score 3 victories is declared the winner.

Where?: at Chess.com - make and account there and then report your username here in this thread

Competition format: depending on the number of participants - KO if we have 8 16 or 32 participants - group stage and then KO for other # of participants

Signing fee: none, it's free

Prizes: I'll throw 50k myself to the prize fund and I'll try to find more people who would like to sponsor this fun event. It would be great if we could have prizes for at least the final four players. - so far : 100K

Schedule: Competition starts first week of December. One round of matches must be complete every week

Registration: here on this thread - state your manager ID and chess.com username.

Edited by Torrelio

Participants so far:

1 - Torrelio Sacana - 75793 - paulomoreno

2 - Jax Rostenkowski - 67064 - JaxRostenkowski

3 - Javier Cano - 19101 - Jacman1596

4 - Floris Maljers - 92797 - (Floppzzy)

5 - Castor Rollins - 88836 - Anonymschackspelare

6 - Vladimir Putin - 74745 - igorbyhenikov

Edited by Torrelio

The winner from Group A will face the 2nd placed from Group B and winner from Group B faces 2nd placed from Group A

Group A:

- Torrelio Sacana - 75793 - paulomoreno

- Javier Cano - 19101 - Jacman1596

- Castor Rollins - 88836 - Anonymschackspelare

Group B:

- Jax Rostenkowski - 67064 - JaxRostenkowski

- Floris Maljers - 92797 - Floppzzy

- Vladimir Putin - 74745 - igorbyhenikov

Matches to be completed before December 14: The players on the left side of the match begin with white.

Javier Cano vs Torrelio Sacana - result to come

Torrelio Sacana vs Castor Rollins - 3 - 1

Castor Rollins vs Javier Cano - result to come

Jax Rostenkowski vs Floris Maljers - result to come

Vladimir Putin vs Jax Rostenkowski - result to come

Floris Maljers vs Vladimir Putin - result to come

Edited by Torrelio

Is this just a flat five minute game or a couple add on seconds after each move?

Standard I would say 5 min flat but if your opponent agrees(I think everyone will) you can add 1 or 2 sec increment. That would make it in theory max 7 mins total per player per 60 moves.

so count you in?

Standard I would say 5 min flat but if your opponent agrees(I think everyone will) you can add 1 or 2 sec increment. That would make it in theory max 7 mins total per player per 60 moves.

so count you in?

Sure, why not. I prefer longer Chess matches but we will give it a go. :)

I'd like to give it a go, though I'm not a good chess player.

most of us are also not ;) Some played like 10 years ago and many just find it fun to play. On the last tournament(and only so far) only one player seemed clearly superior and he abandoned the tournament half way.

also, there is no entry fee, so, why not?

Sure, why not. I prefer longer Chess matches but we will give it a go. :)

nice, probably we could alternate time controls in the tourneys. Like the next one would be back to 20 min 1 day per move again ;)

nice, probably we could alternate time controls in the tourneys. Like the next one would be back to 20 min 1 day per move again ;)

Haha, we need to play again! Message me in game when you have some spare time bud.