Official Ascension Thread

EzekelRAGE

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/mma-hype-ascension_zps945d6d22.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1386070418asc-lorde.png

Ascension: Lorde Pre-fight Press Conference Highlights

Welcome to Ascension: Lorde’s pre-fight Press Conference, hosted by MMA Hype, live from our studio in Los Angeles. It’s going to be a big night of fights this Wednesday December 4th, since we have 2 of the greatest in the tycoon universe, Carl “Crusher” Creel and “Far” Ken Oath facing each other, and our co-main event is Ascension’s middleweight championship on the line, as “Daredevil” Matt Murdock is looking for his 6th straight title defense, against former welterweight sensation, “Shazam!” Bill Baston.

We had technical issues during the Press Conference, and we will only be able to show a little QA of 2 fighters, Ken Oath and Bill Baston. We apologize for this. Jared Asante was leading the press conference, here he is with his formidable suit.

-- -- --

Jared Asante: Hello to all Ascension fans from all around the world! We are here, once again in our MMA Hype’s Los Angeles studio, for the pre-fight Press Conference of Ascension: Lorde.

Let us begin our round of questions by the media.

Q for Ken Oath: Creel is former #1 P4P fighter in the world, currently #2, and hasn’t lost in his last 14 appearances. You’re currently on the road to make a name of yourself, in the top 5 fighters in the world. Do you see Creel as just another bump in your path to the top, or do you see him as the toughest around?

Oath: Yeah, I know, I know - Creel this, Creel that. He's managed by Lance Templeton. Yada, Yada, Yada. When you get to this level, then yes all competition is tough. By this stage of my career it's time to see if I really have what it takes to dominate this sport or whether I'm just going to be one hell of a tough gate keeper. At the pinnacle of any sport only a small % of people really belong there. With that being said I believe it is my time now, I believe that I am part of that small % and I believe that I will KO Creel in the first round.

Q for Oath: In your last fight, Marciano managed to rock you in the beginning of the fight, but you showed everyone you had the heart to beat anyone, even after being slugged like that. Are you a little worried about your chin?

Oath: Jesus, are you guys paid to state the obvious or something? I thought you would have something a little more creative for me. Do you want me to sit up here like most professional sportsmen and rattle of boring tired old cliches.. "I'm taking it one fight at a time" or do you want to know what I really think. If it's the former then keep asking these boring questions if it's the latter then ask me something a little more creative.

Yes I'm concerned about my chin, the thing is in the heavyweight division anyone worth shit has the power to get to anyone's chin. It's like asking me how long a piece of string is? Creel can catch me and it's all over. I can catch Creel and it's all over for him. I's just going to be a matter of who catches who first.

Now look fella's I have better things to do right now that answer poorly thought out, mundane questions like this. So I'm out.

Q for Bill Batson: You’re going after Murdock’s middleweight belt, after fighting all your career at 170lbs. What made you change weightclass like that?

Batson: At age 32, I felt like that my body is changing and that it is already catching up with my tall frame. I'm having a hard time in fighting at my best level since I'm always worried in making weight up to the point that I'm not 100% physically and mentally ready come fight time. That slight disadvantage is what keeping me from being one of the elites in MMA so I made the decision to move up and challenge the best of the best in the Middleweight div.

Q for Batson: Murdock is #5 P4P fighter in the world, many experts would rank him even higher than this. Does his fame play in your head a little bit, or are you still confident he’s nothing more than the guy you have to beat in order to prove you belong amongst the best in the world?

Batson: To be honest, his name and fame trickles in once in a while in my thoughts. Murdock is a stalwark at middleweight and he has beaten the best of the best. And here I am, fighting just my 2nd fight in the division so yeah he is in my head. However, I use that as a motivation to work my butt off in the gym and come in the best shape of my life. Murdock may be the best middleweight today but I'm here to prove that I can hang with him.

Jared Asante: I am informed that we are having technical difficulties at the moment, and some of the questions asked to Carl Creel and Matt Murdock did not record properly. I’m sorry to all viewers at home. We will cover some interview after the event to make up for this.

Don’t forget to watch the full event tonight, live at the LA Memorial Colossuseum, we will be there me and Brett, front row, with 2 lucky MMA Hype fans who won tickets from our last contest.

Have a good one folks!

Hope you liked this edition of MMA Hype!

If you would like an interview with one of your fighter, or yourself as a manager, send me a message and we can work something out. As long as we can make something interesting out of it!

• Upvote 3

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/mma-hype-ascension_zps945d6d22.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1386070418asc-lorde.png

Ascension: Lorde event after party in MMA Hype’s studio

We are live, inside MMA Hype’s Los Angeles studio, where a few fighters from Ascension: Lorde’s event came for the after party, along with a few VIP fans. Brett Clarke and Jared Asante are walking around the studio, where the MMA Hype staff have set up a lot of entertainment. The hot tub is probably the most popular item in here tonight, but the bar seems to gather a lot of people too.

-- -- --

(Brett walks around and spots Carl Creel at the bar. He sure looks like a mean dude!)

-- -- --

Brett Clarke: Hey Carl, how’s the party going?

Carl Creel: You call this a party?!? These Ascension clowns told me der was gonna be Johnnie Walker on tap and ring girls here. Instead they keep trying to give me this champagne crap and a little puke like you with a mic.

Brett: Uh.. hmm, right. You look flawless from your fight. How does it feel to win and get out of the cage without a scratch like that?

Carl Creel: What do you mean fight? I didn't see any tonight. Where I come from a fight needs at least two participants. There was supposed to be a fight, but all I got was a waste of my time. If I knew they was gonna pull a practical joke on me and put me in der with a crash test dummy who don't swing back, I woulda sent my woman to take care of this.

Brett: I noticed you were having a chat with Ken Oath at the bar earlier. What were you guys talking about?

Carl Creel: Who da hell is Ken Oath? I was just telling that thing with the two closed eyes and elephentitus of the face to get me a whiskey or get outta my way.

Brett: Well, congrats on your win tonight, is there anything you’d like to say to the fans?

Carl Creel: **Turns away without answering** Hey honey where is that JW Blue I asked ya for!?!

-- -- --

(Jared walks over the hot tub and spots Bill Batson chilling with 3 ladies. Well, it could easily be the 3 ladies chilling with Bill… nevertheless.)

-- -- --

Jared Asante: Don’t worry about the camera, Bill, nothing will be posted on Youtube ;).

How’s that hot tub treating you? I know the girls seem to be enjoying it.

Bill Batson: All I can say is that these ladies are good consolation prizes for me. Nothing beats being a champion though, I'll take that over these hot asses anytime.

Jared: You did lose the fight against Matt Murdock, but that was one hell of a fight. I’m sure Murdock was shaking in his pants before the official decision, because it was a tough one to judge.

Bill Batson: Murdock was a tough dude, man. I was being aggressive and taking the fight to him yet he kept his cool and do what champions do, win. I guess my aggressiveness helped my score in the eyes of the judges but it was also my downfall since I'm already tired entering the championship rounds. I will learn from this and will make the necessary adjustments.

Jared: That’s good to hear Bill. Anyways, we’re here for the party, enjoy yourself my man! Anything you want to say to the fans?

Bill Batson: I just want to thank all of my fans for the neverending support and I promise you I will keep on trying until I get that ASC belt around my waist!!

Jared: Well, take good care of him ladies, he’s had a tough night!

-- -- --

(Jared walks around and gets shoulder bumped by Matt Murdock. Matt looks over and smiles at Jared)

-- -- --

Jared: Matt Murdock! Impressive win over Batson tonight! How are you doing?

Matt Murdock: Thank you very much Jared. I am doing ok. I think Billy might have knocked the site back into me, but all things considered i'll live.

Jared: Judges seemed to think you won easily, but watching that fight, it could have gone either way, it looked really close to me.

Matt Murdock: Well I don't know about any of that. I just know that Billy and I left it all on the line tonight. He is as tough as they come and it was an honor to have fought him.

Jared: The party seems to be going well for everyone tonight, how’s it going for you? Enough booze and girls?

Matt Murdock: I am having a really good time and the company is great. Ascension really does a nice job with these things.

Jared: Is there anything you’d like to say to the fans before I go?

Matt Murdock: I would just like to thank them all for their support and hope they they enjoyed the show that Billy and I put on tonight. Thanks for stopping by Jared.

-- -- --

(Jared turns around and sees James Jones wearing a mink coat and matching hat, versace shades, stacy adams shoes made out of some expensive reptile skin, a styrofoam cup that is filled with a purple substance, and he looks and smells high as hell.)

-- -- --

Jared: “Sweet” James Jones! How’s the party treating you bud?

James Jones: Ain't nuttin to it but to do it, yuknowutImtakinbot? You stay good with the party, the party gon be good to you Baby J. How you livin? You want one of these? *raises his cup offering it to Jared.*

Jared: Nah, I'll pass. Man, you were fast as a cat tonight, brilliant performance. How does it feel to beat a veteran like Blunts?

James Jones: Well it feels good Peempin! YuknowutImsayin? Blunts been around as long as the oldest profession YuknowutImtakinbot? He been around like hands on a clock and stay on top like High Noon. I been kinda hit'n'miss with Ascension. I needed a win over a veteran grappler like Blunts to show Davies Im worth the cheese he spending on me.

Jared: Look at all the chicks staring over here, those looks are not for me! I’ll let you go over there, it’s more important than anything else anyways.

James Jones: Aw Jared come on Baby I know you ain't trickin like that. Them ho's wait. They can't 'come' without me... so they can't leave without me. Feel me? *Jones smiles like a Cheshire Cat then raises his Styrofoam cup as he tips his mink hat to Jared and makes his way over to the ho menagerie.*

• Upvote 2

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/mma-hype-ascension_zps945d6d22.jpg

Ascension: Proving Grounds Open Workout inside MMA Hype’s Los Angeles Studio

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to MMA Hype’s first ever open workout! Tonight, we have the fighters from the event Ascension: Proving Grounds, who will be performing a quick workout in front of the fans, and will also sign autographs after their session. We have a huge crowd here tonight, with Ascension fans from all around the world! We even have a few celebrities.

Brett and Jared are in action, let’s go see what they’re about.

-- -- --

Jared Asante: Hello guys! Crazy day here in our studio in LA, the attendance is way more that what we expected, but it’s all good, we love it that way.

A lot of celebrities are big fans of MMA, and to prove it, I have with me right here, Mr David Hasselhoff. How are you David?

David Hasselhoff: I’m pretty good Jared. I love you guys, thanks for the entertainment.

Jared: Anything we can do to please the fans!

Is it the first time you assist to an open workout for Ascension?

David Hasselhoff: It is, and I don’t regret coming for sure. This is just great, having a chance to see what those athletes can do. We see them fight all the time, but this is different, it’s training and it’s impressive.

Jared: Will you assist to the live event this Wednesday?

David Hasselhoff: Oh yeah. I have tickets really close to the cage, I don’t know why you’re asking me this you actually give me those tickets!

Jared: Haha, I know, and there’s a reason for this! I have here, 2 more tickets, right next to you, so you will find 2 fans here today, and give them those tickets. Choose them wisely, cause you have to bear with them for the length of the event.

David Hasselhoff: That’s really nice of you. Off I go! Those lucky fans will have a great time. Keep up the good work MMA Hype!

Jared: Back to you Brett.

-- -- --

Brett Clarke: Hey guys, I’m here with Scott Davies’ fighter, Jake Lamotta, the 36 year’s old underdog. Hey Jake, how’s the training going in preparation to your fight?

Jake Lamotta: Training? What training. At my age I can't really train like I used to. The only thing I've done for this fight is Spar with my young training partner Dennis Page for his title fight at Crucible London.

Brett: Well there must be something you’re working on in the gym to still improve, yes the age is there, but come on you… **Jake interrupts Brett and takes his cell out of his pockets**

Jake Lamotta: Hold on I have a text message… YESSS, Page won! That just made my night a lot better! Look at the picture he sent me, he’s holding his new belt… Sorry what were you talking about?

Brett: Just trying to talk about your upcoming fight…

Jake Lamotta: I don’t even know who I’m fighting.

Brett: Wow okay, back to you Jared!

-- -- --

Jared: Me again. This time I’m here with Ilya Berler, who’s watching his fighter Chan Sung-Jung sparring in public for the first time of his career.

Hi Ilya, Chan Sung-Jung looks ready for his fight, what can you say about him?

Ilya Berler: He’s an aggressive fighter that usually goes for a finish. He fought #1 weight ranked Silva and ended up losing a decision. He will come out looking to put on a fight.

Jared: How is the training going? He looks swift right now, but how’s the training in general?

Ilya Berler: Training is going well, there are quality sparring partners and we’re trying to prepare him for a fight that could be a stand-up battle, or end up on the ground.

His opponent is a seasoned veteran with tremendous experience in his corner. We’re definitely not looking past him, on the other hand, our fighter is coming in with a great deal of confidence in his ability and the fight plan that his team comes up with.

Jared: Well thanks a lot for you time, and good luck to you and Chan Sung-Jung for the fight this Wednesday.

-- -- --

Jared walks over to Brett to finalize the event.

-- -- --

Brett: Hey Jared, this open workout turned out pretty good, what do you think?

Jared: Man, it’s better than what we expected, I even had a chat with David Hasselhoff. There’s a lot of people here today, and I’m glad everyone appreciate everything we’re doing.

Brett: We have a really good fan base, thanks to everyone for making it easy for us, we’re glad to be around. It was Brett Clarke and Jared Asante for MMA Hype, have a good one!

Hope you liked this edition of MMA Hype!

If you would like an interview with one of your fighter, or yourself as a manager, send me a message and we can work something out. As long as we can make something interesting out of it!

• Upvote 3

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/mma-hype-ascension_zps945d6d22.jpg http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1318628299UPG-3-1.jpg

Ascension recently merged in UPG: Vegas’ rosters, Jared meets the team

Tonight on MMA Hype, Jared Asante is sitting down inside our studio in Los Angeles, with members of the Ascension’s team, Owner Scott Davies, Co-owner Randall McSweeny and Contract Manager Jamie Coton.

Ascension recently merged in the UPG: Vegas roster, which added a lot of depth to the organization. UPG’s former owner, Randall McSweeny, is now aboard the Ascension’s team, acting as co-owner.

Here is Jared with Scott, Randall and Jamie.

-- -- --

Jared Asante: Greetings ladies and gentlemen, we have familiar faces with us tonight on MMA Hype. I have Scott Davies to my left, Randall McSweeny and Jamie Coton to my right, and they are very eager to start this quick chat!

I’m going to start with the owner, how are you doing Scott?

Scott Davies: Hi Jared, I’m fine thank you, how are you today?

Jared: I’m doing great, thanks for asking. With the merge of Ascension and UPG, you made Randall co-owner of Ascension. Did you guys deal with each other in the past?

Scott Davies: Myself and Randall get along quite well. We spoke regularly before the merge, but never actually had business between each other. Constant talk and conversations about all different things, that’s what made me want to work with him. I never made him any offers until he let the world know he was looking for a new challenge, that’s when I made the move, and he kindly agreed.

Jared: Randall, it must have been hard to close UPG, but it’s a new beginning for you, now as a staff of Ascension.

Randall McSweeny: Was bittersweet to make the move to close UPG, but super excited to be starting a new chapter with Ascension, and hoping the former UPG guys represent well.

Jared: I hope Scott hasn’t been too hard on you since the merge? Also, must have been tough to adjust to your new functions?

Randall: Scott has been great. Definitely still an adjustment period as I was used to running all aspects of the org with UPG, and he already had a strong team in place here, so it's mainly been about letting them continue to do what they do, and just assist or enhance in anyway possible.

Jared: With the merge, it must have been a long process, and probably really hard to move all fighters over to the Ascension roster. Jamie, as the contracts manager, was it a painful job?

Jamie Coton: It was and it wasn't. As I went over to UPG to help Randall with the merger what I started off doing was releasing the guys that Scott wanted first and sending him their contracts. Then I moved back over to Ascension and I was then offering the contracts that Randall had released and sent me from UPG.

Jared: You guys must have lost a few fighters with the transition, with fighters wanting to stay in the area, others who were looking for something else? Did you guys manage to keep the top P4P fighters from UPG that will be contenders for Ascension?

Jamie: Obviously with a merge involving this many fighters some didn't come over because their fighters were not ready and they didn't want to leave Vegas because they were settled there, etc. and some we couldn't take as their managers already had fighters high up in Ascension.

I believe we got pretty much everyone Scott was after as when the top guys were being sorted I was at UPG so not sure who we got and who we didn't .. I do know we got Rafa Silva as the top guy with respect to them being contenders some of them may or will be after their next fight.

Randall: For the most part, all of the top guys made the move to Ascension. I was fortunate to build some good relationships with the managers over there, and outside of a few guys who would have ended up with 2 fighters in the same division (Grimm and Creel for Templeton for instance), most of our top guys came over.

Scott: To name a few; Travis Bickkle, Gary Player, Johnny Kleidis, Rafa Silva, who’s probably the best 135lbs fighter out there right now. All 4 of those fighters have title shots in their next fight. Do I think they can win? Of course, I wouldn’t of spent all that money on them if I would feel they can’t go on and become champions here at Ascension. We’re going to finish 2013 very strong and start 2014 with a BANG.

Jared: I can’t wait to see how all of this is going to go. You guys are doing an incredible job.

Randall, what was the main reason for shutting down UPG after a total of 242 events?

Randall: It was an extremely tough decision, but real life just made it tough to keep up. As a solo org trying to make in a world full of Super Orgs, I felt like I took UPG as far as I could. It was tough to offer top dollar for the top FA's, and while I had a very strong group of very loyal managers and fighters, I really felt like we had hit our ceiling, and with limited personal time to work on growing the org, I felt like this was the best opportunity.

Jared: I think we covered pretty much everything, you guys are a great team, was a pleasure to have you here tonight! Before we leave, question for Scott. What would be Ascension’s goal or objective going into 2014?

Scott: It would obviously be nice to stay #1 org all year round, but personally, it doesn’t bother me what rank we are. What I’d prefer is to get some good rivalry within Ascension itself, and to keep all managers interested. We’re going to be running a few cool things in 2014, which is pretty exciting. I can’t say more about it right now though.

I also want to add that, while we were proceeding with the merge, I left Ascension in the hands of Luan, who does hell of a lot of things here at Ascension. He’s got so much energy and puts a lot of work into the org which I’m truly grateful and lucky to have such a guy by my side.

• Upvote 6

in terms of fighter relationships with their orgs, Luan's one of the best ppl i've ever dealt with here. since most have been good/great, it tells you how highly he's regarded on this end..

• Upvote 1

in a nutshell, i've had two bottom feeders hooked up long-term with Ascension and Luan's made us feel like royalty.

• Upvote 1

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/mma-hype-ascension_zps945d6d22.jpghttp://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1386846548asc-lhw2.png

Ascension: LHW Semifinals media session

Tonight on MMA Hype, Jared Asante is live at the open media session for the LHW Semifinals event that will take place December 13th, at the Wombley Arena in London.

-- -- --

Jared Asante: Ladies, gentlemen and all the medias from all over the world, I welcome you to this media session with the 4 contestant of this LHW tournament Semifinals. Once again, we have a nice crowd with us here tonight, so get your questions ready for the fighters, we start right away!

Q for Jake Orange: Hi Jake, Gregory here for MMA Entertainment. You are facing Scotty Bennet in the semi-finals, who’s a candidate for fighter of the year. Do you see yourself as the underdog going into this fight?

Jake Orange: I would have to say that Bennet is the favorite going in. Most have had him as one of the top guys from the start. Hell even I did. The way he put away Sackett is proof just how good he is. That said, I don't consider myself as an underdog either. I have fought a lot of top guys and beaten a lot of them that people didn't think I could. Do I expect a war, yes absolutely, he has a top manager, and is a very skilled fighter. But I will come in ready and he better be. Win or lose, I am going out a warrior.

Gregory (MMA Entertainment): You impressed a lot with your ground skills in your fight against Dj Crabby Jef, who everyone expected him to dominate you more in that aspect of the fight. Are you glad that fight is in the books and that you were able to concentrate more on the standup aspect coming into this fight?

Jake Orange: Hell yes I am glad it is over. Come on lets face it, I have lost a few steps in the last months. My stand up is nothing like it was, hell my ground game is even worse. I train now to just try and maintain what I got. When we went to the floor I was scared, I just held on till I could get back to standing.

One last thing before we go, good luck Bennet, this is one of my last fights. Lets make it one that will be talked about for years to come.

Q for Scotty Bennet: Hey there Scotty, Sandra here for DoJo Fight. First of all, love your suit. Bowties suit you perfectly. With the nominations you received lately for your great work, do you see this as a burden and do you feel any more pressure going into this fight?

Scotty Bennet: No, not really. I've had a lot of eyes on me for a while now. It is so hard to go as long as I have undefeated in the Tycoonverse, so I know I am a bit of an anomaly. No one goes unbeaten in their career, so I know my day will come that I take a loss. I just want to put it off as long as possible.

Sandra (DoJo Fights): I’m sure you have a lot of respect for Jake Orange, who’s no newbie to the sport. Do you see him as a more dangerous fighter than Sackett?

Scotty Bennet: Orange is a legit fighter too. No doubt about it he presents danger to any guy he gets in the cage with. Every round here is a challenge because of how stacked this tourney was. You have to keep winning to stay in it, so every one of the semi-finalists has already accomplished a great deal.

Sandra (DoJo Fights): If you do make it to the finals, would you rather face Budo Rei, or Neno Pejovsky?

Scotty Bennet: I'm not looking past Jake and no disrespect to Neno, but my ideal final would be a fight with Budo Rei. Budo is probably the most accomplished tourney fighter the game has ever seen and is managed by the most accomplished tourney manager in all of Tycoon.

Q for Neno Pejovsky: Hi Neno, Dmitri here for Fight Network. You are now on the longest win streak of your career, and with a win against Budo Rei, it would give you 10 wins in a row, and you would move to the tournament’s final. Is this something that makes you nervous when you think about it?

Neno Pejovsky: To be honest, I haven't put much of a thought about winning streak, was just too focused on Budo lately and tactic about him. Now that you've mention it, winning against Rei and getting that award of 10 W in a row would be just icing on a cake. Not to mention the finals against winner of Bennet-Orange. But first comes first, I hope we will put up a good fight for the audience. Bit nervous of course but I think it is for the good, tension brings out best of me.

Dmitri (Fight Network): Budo Rei is no easy opponent, and I’m sure you’re having a hard time to figure out flaws that you could exploit out of him. You only had two week to change your focus from the last opponent to him, was this something hard? And how confident are you going into the fight?

Neno Pejovsky: Last opponent was grappler so I had certain kind of approach. I've managed to train somewhat to prepare for Budo, but how can you prepare for something that can overcome the obstacles despite obvious doom? He is the tournament winner so I think I'll go in, follow my insticts and try to come on top.

Q for Budo Rei: Goodday Budo, Zach here for Sports Illustrated. Big fan of you, can’t wait to see you fight on December 13th. Do you see any flaws in Pejovsky’s game and are you confident going into the fight?

Budo Rei: Winning two fights in the tournament has definitely improved my confidence greatly. Neno is just a great overall fighter though, he really has no weaknesses and has been wrecking people lately. He will be quite a challenge for me.

Zach (Sports Illustrated): You’ve had ups and downs during your career, before coming into this tournament, you were in the bigger down of it, but you did prove you still belong with the best by reaching the semi-finals. Do you think people now see you as a legend of the sport, or do you think you can still show them a low, and that your career is still long from over?

Budo Rei: Heh, I've been in a lot of wars, man. A LOT. My career is a unique one. My peak came much earlier than most fighters. My prime was between age 21 and 23, where most fighters peak much later. Now that I'm 30, I feel like an old man right now. I've taken quite a lot of damage over the years. I still feel like my striking skills are as good as ever, but as everyone knows, I have always had cutting issues, and I've suffered from more concussions than I can even remember. I've taken serious beatings from some big bad dudes, bro. I would like to keep fighting for a few more years if I can, it's just a matter of if my body will hold up. Injuries take their toll after a while.

That said, I know I am capable of beating anyone. It's just a matter of me putting it all together on fight night. I've proven time and again how dangerous my striking is.

As far as the legend thing, nah. There are very few fighters in this sport who can rightfully be called legends and I am nowhere near that group and I don't think anyone sees me that way. I'm just a fucking warrior, man. That's all there is to it, really.

EDIT: Added Budo Rei to the interview

• Upvote 5

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p742/kevinfurlotte/MMA%20Tycoon/mma-hype-ascension_zps945d6d22.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1387224405asc-feel.png

Ascension: Feeling Good coverage of title fights by Brett and Jared

Tonight on MMA Hype, Brett and Jared are sitting inside our Los Angeles studio, to discuss Ascension’ upcoming event, “Feeling Good”, that will happen on December 18th, at the LA Memorial Colossuseum.

Here is Brett and Jared.

-- -- --

Jared Asante: Good evening to all MMA Hype and Ascension fans from all around the world! We are here tonight to discuss Ascension: Feeling Good event. Yet again, the Ascension staff put together an exciting night of fights, featuring a Lightweight and Bantamweight title fights.

Brett Clarke: Exciting night of fights for sure! The main event is very interesting, since Vevrin Betlach will be looking to defend his lightweight title for the first time. We all know he won that belt via Split Decision, and he had to try twice against Red Fox to finally win. The first fight had ended in a Majority Decision for Fox.

Jared: He will be defending his title against Jie Liu, who’s now 3-0 with Ascension.

Brett: Exactly Jared. Jie Liu is an amazing well rounded fighter. He has been struggling with title fights for a while, it will be his 5th chance to win a title, let’s hope for him that this time is the one.

Jared: It would be the perfect time for him to prove he’s one of the best Lightweight fighter in the world. He’s been switching orgs a lot, I think he finally found his match with Ascension, he should be here to stay.

-- -- --

Brett Clarke’s prediction for the fight (Vevrin Betlach vs Jie Liu)

Brett: I think it will be a really good scrap, but I have to give the edge to Betlach on this one. It will go to the championship rounds for sure, and I think Betlach gets it via Unanimous Decision.

-- -- --

Jared: Another fight that we will keep a close eye on, is one of the main card, which is the Bantamweight belt on the line, where Melekh David will be defending his title against Vanilla Ice Cold, who’s coming from UPG: Vegas, way before the merge happened.

Brett: I’m looking forward to that fight too, can’t ask for better than title fights, they are what the fighters aim for. Melekh David is defending his title, after losing a superfight to the hands of one, if not the best fighter in the world, Rafa Silva. Davis likes those big fights, and is looking forward to defend the title against Vanilla. He should have the edge in this fight, but only because the pressure isn’t on his shoulders for this fight.

Jared: You think Vanilla is the underdog in this fight? I mean, he’s the contender to the title, but we all know this guy is no joke.

Brett: I totally agree with you, but he’s no match to David on the ground, and he’s having a slow start with Ascension. Despite being the #1 contender, he’s 1-1 with the org, and he was TKOed in his loss. It doesn’t say much, but that’s something that can play in your head when going in a fight.

-- -- --

Brett Clarke’s prediction for this fight (Melekh David vs Vanilla Ice Cold)

Brett: Like I said, I give the edge to Melekh David in this fight. The first 2 rounds will be pretty even, but David will win by TKO in the third.

-- -- --

*** We have an incoming Skype call from Roger Kint

-- -- --

Brett Clarke: Jie Liu’s manager, Roger Kint, is with us via Skype, we should be able to see him just about now.

Hi Roger, how are you doing?

Roger Kint: Wonderful, Brett, the whole Kint stable is thrilled today - thanks for having me!

Brett: Your fighter Jie Liu is going after Ascension’s Lightweight title on December 18th, are you proud of the accomplishment, and are you confident he will win?

Roger Kint: Very proud... I'm part of Ascension since day on, this is my org... i saw them all rise and some fall there. And as an ambitious young fighter manager, well... "one day", that was my credo, one day one of my boys will fight in the main event for the gold. It's a dream come true, no doubt! All won't crumble with a loss, the opportunity, this is it man, but hands down, i have all the faith in the world in Jiu. Betlach is a true champion though and i have a good relation with his manager Michal also, great guy, so i really expect it to be a razor thin fight. My stable has good stats against him, but we never were in a prime fight like this against each other. Any way, i am looking forward to enjoy the show and have a german cold one with him after.

Jared: Liu has 30 fights in his career, he was a champion early in his career, then he switched orgs back and forth. He fought in 4 title fights ever since, but never won, so this is his fifth chance to finally become a champion again. Do you think this is the one?

Roger Kint: Yeah, no doubt... this is the one, nothing's finer for me than Ascension gold, this is f'n 24 carat, and Jiu never was so focussed. He is at the very top of his career now and, while you can always continue to learn, it is his first title opportunity with a complete skillset.

Brett: Last question before we’re done here, you are the Arts & Crafts of Ascension, and you do a lot of nice work for the community too. You’re currently nominated for a few things for the 2013 awards, how does it feel to be appreciated like that?

Roger Kint: I really appreciate that, i love this Tycoon business, all the people i meet... and i am proud of my award from last year. But to be honest, i love the nomination phase because it is a great retroperspective, you can enjoy all the great highlights of the year again and stumble over great moments you did not know of... i really love that, but the voting phase, well, just too much politics. I make my votes of course and i proudly can say that i don't go my sympathy and factors like that, but yeah, it's more about the nomination phase for me. On the other hand, when it comes to my store KAISER for example, i am a bit vain for sure haha... i put much work in it to make it a bit special and to be more than a taylor with it haha, so hands down, I'd be super proud if i can make it far there for sure!

• Upvote 3