Testing new fighters for hiddens

When I rejoined the game, I cleared spots for 2 fighters every month and have been 'blind' training them from 18 to 19.. the first are starting to hit, and will fight in the next couple days.

Long after I started, I was advised that I should have thrown them into a quick QFC upon creating them to test for what hidden skills my fighter has. Outside of stuff that appears on the Tale of The Tape, which seems pretty obvious, are there any other things to look for that can give a clue about hiddens? Also, do the Tales of the Tape things that really mean nothing (Likes Gardening, etc) a sign that my fighter is exceptionally low in certain skills?

Thanks for any help you guys can give

Other than the ones mentioned you sometimes get a random email with clues about hiddens such as an IQ test etc. You can't really miss though as it's just a message sent to your inbox.

If you get the message in the TOTT message about gardening to my knowledge it just means that the fighter doesn't have any of the other hiddens that show. E.g. He doesn't have the KO power to display KO Power or a granite chin/solid chin, Conifdence, Intelligence, Experience etc all of which can come up on the TOTT. It also means he doesn't bleed ridiculously easily as then you get a 'Cuts Easily displayed.

Seeing a gardner is never great but it's not nessicarily the end of the world. Other than Mike I don't think anyone really knows the cut off points for things like KO Power to be displayed so in theory while your fighter might not have any amazing hiddens, he also might not have any really shocking ones either. I think a lot of people have speculated that things like KO Power show when it's over 120. (That is by no means a fact) so taking that as an example, your fighter might have say 100-115 in every hidden which is still pretty good, just not quite good enough to display it as a huge strength.

There is also the message before the TOTT which is always worth reading which can sometimes give out good info. Occasionally you'll see the message that says, "Fighter B has the better chin, will he look to stand and bang today". If Fighter B has 10 KO losses to his name, then that's when you really worry as you know your guy has a glass jaw!

You can test your guy's confidence if he loses. If his morale drops a lot, he has poor confidence. You'll have to decide what cutoff you'd like to use.

You can also test IQ somewhat by going the 100 shig route to see what he does. It's not going to be glaringly obvious, but given enough fights, real stupid or possibly fairly intelligent fighters can show their talents.

You may be able to test heart if your guy gets rocked but not knocked out. Or if you have him set aggressively but he still doesn't really engage in the fight.

You'll also notice his injury days, maybe even cut resistance if he's cut a lot in 1st fight...

As was already mentioned, you'll see his moral drop if he loses. I advise that you cut him immidiately if it's too low, otherwise you risk having highly skilled fighter who will not preform as he should, given his skill rank. Leads to heavy frustration because neither his training nor your slider setting will be able to overcome it.

this has been a very good and helpful read but I was wondering if the people who opposed to it could elaborate on how to use the hidden they have obtained like if you know your fighter is very confident because he lost a fight and did not drop in Merrell only but like five percent how would you use that to your advantage in fights with your sliders? or better yet for the new people the new managers of the game how would you build a fighter knowing that he has very high confidence what are better build for that type of hidden attribute

A confident fighter will be wellsuited for an aggressive gameplan.

A big heart works good for a groundfighter, as he is harder to sub.

KO power can be good both for a standupfighter and a GnP guy.

A confident fighter will be wellsuited for an aggressive gameplan.

This goes with counter(when you need it) also as he will still preform and make more moves then average confident fighter. What's even more important, he will not fold and turn into punching bag when/if he gets tagged while countering.

Must have for ground fighter as you will suffer less referee standups due to activity, which leads to not needing high aggresive setup - giving less chance of sweeps/other fuckups on the ground.

eg.

http://mmatycoon.com...php?FTID=505413

http://mmatycoon.com...php?FTID=501832

same agressive setup, notice difference of amount of moves made. One has self confident on tott, other one had confidence issues...

Regarding fighters with the "enjoys gardening/good in bed/inexperienced" moniker. I have had a couple of fighters that turned up just fine. They were in no terms top dogs, but they were solid, and both seemed to have reasonable ko power, good chin and intelligence.

• Upvote 1

You can get IQ tests by taking private jet flights too.

Good to know!

Maybe someone can help me with my first true evaluation of a fighter. I have no problem indicating what my sliders were if people need to know, but here's the fight:

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=560261

My fighter is QXP. So from the Tale of the Tape, I know he's at least somewhat confident. I'd wager that his KO power isn't great, even though the other guy had a granite chin, I landed a lot of shots from side mount and mount, and they didnt rock him. Anything else I could take from this fight? Appreciate all the help in this thread so far, too.

Really? I take a lot and all I ever get off them are bad gaming sessions!

I have had 2 guys fly pvt jet recently and both have had IQ tests.. Go on a jet that does not have gaming facilities and does have internet so there is no risk of 'having a bad gaming session'. Maybe that will show your guys IQ then because it will increase the chances of receiving that mail.

I have had 2 guys fly pvt jet recently and both have had IQ tests.. Go on a jet that does not have gaming facilities and does have internet so there is no risk of 'having a bad gaming session'. Maybe that will show your guys IQ then because it will increase the chances of receiving that mail.

They all have different benefits though, so you'd miss out on the possibility of those if you flew without them. (Without checking, I think gaming can help to improve morale, and Internet gives possibility of interviews for a popularity boost)

Mike might confirm, but I assume the probability of the IQ test occurring is independent of what other possible benefits can arise on the flight.

Ye you could miss out on morale if there is no gaming device but it also brings the risk of morale loss where as as far as I am aware nothing else (Internet, movies and cooking) can effect in a negative way so if this was the case it's prob better off not bothering with gaming, maybe I am wrong tho! But that's what I think for now.

Yeh I'm not really fussed about the 'bag gaming sessions' they don't seem to have any real effect anyway, maybe it's a 1-2% change in morale or something but nothing really meaningful. Was just surprised as I've never had the IQ test.

To be honest I haven't seen many private jets without gaming facilities, I guess there are some but never seems to be the ones I use. Don't have a whole lot of private jet options to be able to pick and choose anyway, kind of just have to get on board the one that's going to the location I need to get to, it's pretty rare that there is more than one when I need them, often none. (Not complaining about that, understand private jets are a luxury, just an observation)

I wonder if IQ tests are more or less likely depending on what features you have or if they are just completely random?

Some basics I can think of.

ToTT: Granite Chin will eclipse other hiddens (and will show unless you get your guys flexibility high enough for "Insanely Flexible"), if you see Cuts easily, KO Power, Determined, Big Heart, Confident, or Intelligent it means your guy won't have a granite chin.

Morale bar: If your guy immediately goes to zero after a loss he probably has poor confidence / heart.

Cuts: If your guy cuts early and often, even if he's outmatching opponents it means he leaks like a sieve.

• Upvote 1

Great info Erik, appreciate it, especially the Granite Chin label eclipsing lesser ones. The heart part of the morale bar is a new one to me though, I've only heard confidence thus far.

So the 2nd part of this should be me asking which 3 hiddens most people check off when they start fighters? I usually check learning, heart, and then either chin or KO power. Most people I asked say something similar, but in this thread I'm seeing some very different ideas from very successful managers. May have to change up my strategy here..

One thing I'd like to add is that from my observations, it seems as though you should test right away. I've had fighters have their Conditioning go too high and all I get is "Cardio machine." Does that basically mean that none of my hiddens were higher than the Conditioning rating at the time of the fight.

At least that's how I've always interpreted it...

You can pretty much see a guys confidence without fighting him, just by how far morale drops while you are training.

Can you be a bit more detailed? I watch most of my fighters morale drop in small bits... is there a tipping point where you can definitely say "Ok, this guy is junk"?

I always check "adapt gameplan" (intelligence), always have. that one I never skip. there's lots of times I haven't clicked "fast learner" and ended up with one anyway. I used to like "granite chin" until it didnt matter if thy had one or not cuz they get ko'd like crazy.

I like tht with the new injury issue, clicking that box is now relevant. also, I think golden glory showed how underrated a popular fighter can be.

• Upvote 2

You can pretty much see a guys confidence without fighting him, just by how far morale drops while you are training.

Virtually certain that is entirely false. Try creating a number of new fighters at exactly the same time, training in the same gym, under the same conditions. Then you'll see their morale drop by identical amounts session after session.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Virtually certain that is entirely false. Try creating a number of new fighters at exactly the same time, training in the same gym, under the same conditions. Then you'll see their morale drop by identical amounts session after session.

Pretty damn sure, but not 100% positive, that non-confident guys drop quicker than others.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1