The RHOE Presents: MORTAL KOMBAT!

TEST YOUR MIGHT

The RHOE

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1273852699rhoelogo.jpg

And its sister org Contenders

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1278530363Contenders.jpg

Bring you the deadliest tournament in MMATycoon history!

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/GrifterX9/MortalKombat.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/GrifterX9/Rules.jpg

• This is a single elimination tournament. The early rounds will take place in Contenders and the later ones in the RHOE.
  • All fighters must have primaries that, when added up, do not exceed 32. White belt is zero, blue belt is 3, purple belt is 7, brown belt is 11, redbelt is 15. You can see the point values for your primaries by turning on Beginner's Mode on the Manager's details page. If you're not sure if your fighter qualifies, post a link and I will let you know.
  • All fighters will sign 3K/3K/3K contracts. They will be released on losing. The RHOE is happy to pay plane fees.

That's it. Pretty simple, right? Oh wait, I think I forgot something...

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/GrifterX9/fatality1.gif

Fighters who not only lose their fight, but are finished in the process (sub, KO, TKO, doesn't matter) are considered to have to suffered a FATALITY. As a result, their manager must cut them. That's right, your fighter is now dead to you. We can't stop another manager from picking them up, because hey someone else can always pop in a coin and go again. But for you, your fighter is lost forever. Now, we know that we can't make people do this. Someone could join this tournament, get KO'd, and then decide that they are in fact a giant pussy. What happens then? Well, for that I will have to turn to the experts.

Marty McFly: [tombstone on photograph has "Clint Eastwood" appear on it] Listen! I'm not really feeling up to this today, so I'm gonna have to forfeit!

Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: Forfeit? *Forfeit*?

[to his gang]

Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: What's that mean?

Buford's Gang Member #1: Um, it means that you win without a fight.

Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: Without shootin'? He can't do that.

[shouts]

Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: Hey, you can't do that! You know what I think? I think you ain't nothin' but a gutless yellow turd! And I'm givin' you to the count of ten to come out here and prove I'm wrong! One...

Marty McFly: Doc... Come on. Sober up, buddy. Let's go. Come on.

Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: Two...

Saloon Old-Timer #1: You gotta get out there, son. I got $20 gold bet on you, so don't let me down.

Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: Three...

Saloon Old-Timer #2: I got $30 gold bet again' you, so don't let me down.

Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: Four...

Saloon Old Timer #3: You better face up to it, son, 'cause if you don't go out there...

Marty McFly: What?

Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: Five...

Marty McFly: What if I don't go out there?

Eyepatch: You're a coward!

Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: Six...

Toothless: And you'll be branded a coward for the rest of your days!

Saloon Old Timer #3: Everybody everywhere will say, "Clint Eastwood is the biggest yellow-belly in the west."

Thanks, old guys from Back to the Future 3. You'll be known as a gutless coward who couldn't live up to his responsibilities.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/GrifterX9/HolyCrap.jpg

I know, scary right? That's the fun of it! This is the ultimate challenge. You are not just putting your rep on the line - you are putting your fighter on the line. That's also the reason we put a skill cap on this tournament. This isn't intended for that supermonster project that you've been working on forever. This might be for a fighter that you built when you first started the game. His skills aren't great, but you love him. This gives you a chance to make a clean break, have him go out in glory! The skill cap also means it's open to managers who don't have access to crazy supergyms. We're bringing the tournament to the people. Later on, we'll also be bringing the blood and extracted spines to the people.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/GrifterX9/GreatRisks.jpg

Come great rewards! The winning manager will receive three rewards! The first is $20,000, directed to wherever you would like. The second is two months of free training for a fighter of your choice with a double or single elite coach at one of the fine 1-on-1 gyms in my signature. The third is the best. Your fighter will be immortalized in song. That's right bitches. Your fighter, for having taken such great risks, will receive more than earthly riches. They will be integrated into a masterwork of music composed and recorded by Lance Uppercut. Great risks, even greater rewards.

A couple last notes.

• We're serious about you cutting them. Acknowledge what you are getting into.
  • The tournament will begin early next month.
  • The heart tag on this thread (icon12.gif) symbolizes the pulsing hunk of muscle that could be removed from your fighter's chest.
  • This is an open weight tournament. After all, you have to fight Goro even if you're playing Kitana.
  • At this point, we're planning for sixteen fighters but can accommodate more.
  • If you lose a fight but only to a decision, your fighter's life has been spared. Walk away with a profound sense of relief that your heart beats for one more day, but do with a nagging sense of inferiority.

Sign-up List

1. Zane Frasier

2. Cy Nasqu

3. Nick Daaz

4. Bobby Helix

5. General Bonkers

6. M. Bison

7. Brutal Rees

8. Squirtle Wartortle Blastoise

9. Seth Hopkins

10. Borg Hanson

11. Cheick Kongo

12. Nate Harrison

13. Uwai Na Bewun

14. Sonny Ramires

15. Jack Scott

16. Nikolas Romanov

Mini-Boss: ??? (Unlockable after defeating four opponents.)

Overlord: ??? (Unlockable after defeating five opponents.)

Bracket

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac334/tapeleglock/kombatbracket.png

If you have any questions, post them. If you have a favorite fatality, post that too!

I would like to enter one of the RHOE's oldest and most active fighters: Nick "Haagen" Daaz.

After a long career of ups and downs, it is time for my oldest fighter to either be remembered forever in what I'm sure will be a song for the ages, or to go out in a blaze of glory.

I highly encourage people who aren't me to make a 25 year old and train them for a month. Like i'm doing. Will be fun :). And hilarious if your guy does something like TKOs Franky Sin's elite boxer.

I'll toss in General Bonkers.

If I can overcome the logistics of being poo, as a steward of RHOE, I will pay for 3 months of VIP for the winner.

POSSIBLY, $2-3k to each of the managers with a fighter that is "FATALITY'ed" as a sign of good faith in them releasing their fighter.

I'll think on it, but I'd like to help sweeten the pot on this.

I will update the thread in the next week of what I can do to help sweeten either the impaled fighters or the winner.

I'll toss in General Bonkers.

If I can overcome the logistics of being poo, as a steward of RHOE, I will pay for 3 months of VIP for the winner.

POSSIBLY, $2-3k to each of the managers with a fighter that is "FATALITY'ed" as a sign of good faith in them releasing their fighter.

I'll think on it, but I'd like to help sweeten the pot on this.

I will update the thread in the next week of what I can do to help sweeten either the impaled fighters or the winner.

that beard is sweet enuff! woo!

I highly encourage people who aren't me to make a 25 year old and train them for a month. Like i'm doing. Will be fun :). And hilarious if your guy does something like TKOs Franky Sin's elite boxer.

The fighter I wanted to enter in this has 38 primary points (including his belt, obv).

I'd like to do what Kryonik says here.

Can I enter with a new fighter?

We are willing to show a certain level of flexibility in the exact numbers, I just want to try to make this available to a wide range of competitors. If you aren't sure if your guys is allowed (even if he's over but close to the numbers) just post him and I'll take a look. At that point I'll start considering other things like weight, height, and experience. And if all else fails, we do accept 25 year olds.

I'd like to enter this guy Seth "The Hitman" Hopkins if i can, he is only at 30 now but i don't know what he will be come the first round. Do we still have to be under 32 for the first round or only when we sign up?

I'd imagine keeping it at/under 32 until the first fight happens? After that it seems logical that you could grow your fighter to keep him progressing. It's not like these are sparbots who are only trained in one thing or retards who could never grow.

Up until the first round, I'd say just work on secondaries?

Will wait to see what tapeleg says.

I'd like to enter this guy Seth "The Hitman" Hopkins if i can, he is only at 30 now but i don't know what he will be come the first round. Do we still have to be under 32 for the first round or only when we sign up?

If you can agree to generally stick to secondary training, we can do this.

I'd pay this guy better than the proposed rates.