Old School Match-Ups That Never Happened

Idk. Volkov, Overoid, Bader, yeah. Idk about Blaydes or Rozen. Don't think he does so well vs everybody else barring a haymaker landing.

Ngannou is what Brett Rogers thought he was and that started off rough for Fedor. Like to think prime Fedor takes him down in time, but it is debatable. Fedor isn't a timeless fighter. The game evolved past him like all the other greats. Bigger, fast, stronger, and more technical.

Fedor adapted quite badly to octagon+new rules too tho

Pretty good chance if Brock gets him on ground it's not going well, but Mirko was game.

Brock was freakishly strong and athletic for his size. Sasquatch that can exploit size advantage prolly like nobody I can recall in MMA. Anthony Johnson was once cutting to WW and was huge, but he struggled.

Juiced up prime Mirko w/ Lesnar sauce and he might make Brock look like Bob Sapp w/ a straight left.

• Upvote 1

Depends on Ring vs Cage. Dont think Cro Cop could circle/conter Brock like he did with Sapp if fighting at the octagon

Cro Cop vs Lesnar would absolutely not look like that lol... but hey, I like to envision that or something reminiscent of Cain vs Lesnar because Cro Cop is literally reason I learned to kick

Fedor adapted quite badly to octagon+new rules too tho

Same goes for Wanderlei, but to say the truth he was already in decline by the time of the UFC merger. I remember listening to an interview with Wanderlei and he talked about his limitations due to UFC rules. If you look at those Pride fights, he was winning a lot of them with stomps and soccer kicks.

• Upvote 1

I was always curious how Anderson would have done against more LHW in the late 00's early 2010's.

Rampage, Rashad, Chuck, Tito, Randy, Bader etc.

Believe it or not Tito may have gave him problems, as funny as that sounds. Takedowns and ground and pound, and good submission def, I bet Tito would have gave Silva a really hard time. If Silva stuffed the takedowns though, Tito would've gotten tko'd.