Gauging interest

Bleakardor

Considering starting up an open-weight unrestricted division. Either being a full time division with steady fights, or a tournament style hardcore rules division where we open up the division and offer contracts for tournament length with prizes to the victor, no long term commitment.

We've received high praise from individuals within the organization and some managers who have been around for several years. This gives me confidence that I'm doing things right and that I'm able to keep the masses entertained. Think this would give our org a chance for some old school fighters and bump our ratings, and I'm definitely up for the challenge.

Interested to hear opinions on rather either of these would be able to draw some interest from some of our veteran fighters out there, and how it could be set up to draw the most interest.

Thank you in advance for your input.

That is how SAFO's 265+ division was set up. It has been great for org and fighter hype as well as just being able to put on some big exciting fights. I don't know why anybody would have a problem with it. Other than me I guess since you would be going after some of the same talent pool :)

• Upvote 1

I would say do some interesting tournaments with the division with a specified weight min and max. Open weight is tricky with large weight differentials as lighter fighters have a big energy advantage. Can be interesting strategically but short term tourneys are a blast.

I like this idea, had considered it a possibility. Thank you for your input.