Lionel R...anybody?

Anybody have any insight or info on Lionel R's status? He's gone MIA and that's not as usual for a long term manager as it is for the newer folks. Got a couple of highly ranked fighters in our org who are sitting in limbo, which is a shame. And his fighters aren't in a gym being trained anymore.

http://mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=124573

Anybody?

• Upvote 1

Seems like it happened to a few long term ones. Also no idea about Fletch or Balls

It's a shame that without running out of cash or being released, their poor fighters which could have been great end up sitting and wasting away rather than ending up as FA's so somebody might be able to get them on track even with some lost training time.

• Upvote 1

The game is dying pretty rapidly I'm sorry to say. I know that people have said that before and that it's usually met with cries of "stop being overly dramatic" and "there's always going to be highs and lows" but whilst there's an element of truth to that, I'm sure it's never been this bad.

The forum is dead. There's barely any activity at all these last couple of weeks. A few good men keep putting out content but there's only so much you can do. It feels like no one is interested in anything.

There is massive lack of fighters and new managers. 365k feels dead before it even got started. I think I've signed about 10 fighters for KT (aside from a tournament) and I know Rei is struggling with his org too. He has 55 guys signed and 16 of those are again for a tournament. This isn't through lack of trying either.

Orgs are dropping like flies. CEC is dead. One of the games longest running orgs. Bought up on the "for sale" section of all places. 3 of the "Top 10" orgs are practically dead. Many of them have only one or two cards remaining. Yes that could turn around but it's usually a worrying sign.

The game itself. Currently I can't create a bookmakers due to some kind of error or bug. I can't bid on or create a new company either. I have reached out and not heard very much at all.

Sorry for being a sad sack on your thread Hare but feels bad man. I really do hope I am being overly dramatic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's a shame that without running out of cash or being released, their poor fighters which could have been great end up sitting and wasting away rather than ending up as FA's so somebody might be able to get them on track even with some lost training time.

Yeah but the game is structured this way.

I believe after 3 moths inactivity his fighters will be released. This way the manager gets a chance to take a break if needed and has 3 months to get back on track.

This part of the game is solely based on the manager`s needs and not the orgs. I do sympathize with you as a fellow org owner.

Balls has a couple of amazing fighters in my divisions too and I am hoping he gets back as they are legit contenders.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Yeah but the game is structured this way.

I believe after 3 moths inactivity his fighters will be released. This way the manager gets a chance to take a break if needed and has 3 months to get back on track.

This part of the game is solely based on the manager`s needs and not the orgs. I do sympathize with you as a fellow org owner.

Balls has a couple of amazing fighters in my divisions too and I am hoping he gets back as they are legit contenders.

Totally get that, and wasn't in any way saying it was wrong or unfair or anything regarding the fighters not being released. Strictly saying that from a "the fighter had lots of potential" standpoint it's sad to see them sit and go stale. I'm willing to wait out some of these guys who were around the game longer and had top rate fighters and give them a chance to return. Most times though, if somebody is gone 14-17 days or more without a word and it holds me up in matchmaking, I tend to release them so it doesn't give the impression that I'm not looking at the divisional rosters and keeping on top of things. Which couldn't be further from the truth, but I don't want it to look that way regardless. So yes, anyways, just saying that it's a shame the fighters are losing training time sitting there becoming less than what they could have been.

• Upvote 1

I've had a lot, and I mean a LOT of top tier fighters go inactive between Fury and Ballz alone Lionel is my current inactive champ who's getting stripped today. Everything stated by everyone above is true to a degree, and yet nobody pointed out the most likely reason for this impact this time around. Covid has done some damage, between health concerns and dead, to the financial insecurity in our day to day lives. We may see some of these managers back, they may have gotten sick, maybe a loved one, or lost a job and are doing what they can to make ends meet. We may never see some of them again, if they got sick and didn't recover, or priorities change in life after a pandemic like this.

The game is suffering, for sure. But we need to stick it out and give it a chance to recover like it always does. As long as Mike and his devs keep going and us as managers keep what we can alive, the game will survive and it will recover.

I burnt myself out a bit in the game, had to get some help. I then found myself very busy and couldn't log in nearly as much as before. My org has started suffering due to it, but due to my recent economic change, I find myself with a lot more free time and I've been able to pick up where I left off. The org is recovering, the communication from managers is starting to flow, and things are looking up again. All it takes is a couple of these managers to come back and things will look much differently.

Jake Fury, Ballz Manager, Lionel R.. If just those 3 came back in 1 day it'd be a huge difference, so yes, things are bad right now, but if we keep doing our thing, we'll get through and hopefully have a great comeback at 370-375k.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I have noticed the rate fighters are being created is much, much slower than usual. I'm hoping this is a result of everyone shooting their shot at 360K and not having many slots open now (this applies in my case at least). It felt like we breezed by 360k at record pace and the 360k orgs seem to be doing well. Even 355k is still doing well with 3 solid orgs which is kind of remarkable tbh...

If people are waiting for 370 to create new fighters my advice is don't, you're looking at a 4-5 month wait.

• Upvote 2

I have noticed the rate fighters are being created is much, much slower than usual. I'm hoping this is a result of everyone shooting their shot at 360K and not having many slots open now (this applies in my case at least). It felt like we breezed by 360k at record pace and the 360k orgs seem to be doing well. Even 355k is still doing well with 3 solid orgs which is kind of remarkable tbh...

If people are waiting for 370 to create new fighters my advice is don't, you're looking at a 4-5 month wait.

Those idiots writing to Mike to accelerate the Island season fucked the entire order of things.

Nobody fucking listens I swear.

that's the big factor and fighter cooking is more popular than ever.

you test and train for X amount of months to a year before debut. If it seems worse than it was at 355k, 345k, etc. it more than likely the trend of test and cook.

I think it has something to do with people not active anymore as well... I mean.. Cmon. Forum has 3-4 posts/day (before the Tycoon news flamewar), a huge pile of inactive fighters getting sacked from orgs... 330 and 340k orgs going AWOL...

I KNOW you alse feel like there is just 5-10 players, the same ole guys, playing right now.

Also yeh I have no slots

I've got 18 slots dedicated to fighters in the cooker. 8 for 360k that are just starting to take a few fights and 8 more for 365k. Previously, I always ran with several 25 YO creations to farm out some easy wins in QFC and sack all but the best, and if others were doing that I can see this new trend being a large part of the lack of new fighters.

But we cannot deny the lack of managers too.. but still, it's a pandemic right now and things are different. Just stay the course and I'm sure things will pick up again.

SFL has signed 100+ fighters from 100+ different managers... I've talked to so many different people in game over the last month and not including 20 or so people who use discord. Even non-VIP's reply to messages. How many sit in tycoon alliance and never talk to anybody unless they get hit up, you'd be surprised.

Corona season has increased activity and user base. The forums go dark a few days, it happens, but the game a lot more active than it was before corona season imo.

• Upvote 2

Org owners going AWOL is a completely different issue, that's an individual decision. SFL came together very nicely and quickly in less than a month which goes to show it's a not a userbase problem at that level. Only 365k looks like it could be in trouble. But its still early days and this could be corrected. I'm sure Rei's org at least will be in fine shape given time. 365k KT org is another story though, not sure if that will survive tbh.

• Upvote 1

another problem is new orgs keep popping up.

90-95% of these will come and go, fuck even hardcore managers slow down every 4-5 months and their orgs close shop.

Add to that when toxic managers drive away dedicated org owners, they did it to Jay, tried it with Biro too last time he cameback. Fuck even drove away Chuck a while back for about 6 months. They were all up in arms going after Devin Scrumbellos because of a format change, AS IF anyone gives a flying fuck lol

• Downvote 2

I feel like the game and even the forum is more active than what I've seen over the years. There were times when the forum was lit for long periods of time but I remember even making a drunken ramble thread like 5 years ago about how the 'forum isn't what it used to be' lol. It really does come and go in waves. Tournaments are filling up quicker than I remember as well.

• Upvote 2

I feel like the game and even the forum is more active than what I've seen over the years. There were times when the forum was lit for long periods of time but I remember even making a drunken ramble thread like 5 years ago about how the 'forum isn't what it used to be' lol. It really does come and go in waves. Tournaments are filling up quicker than I remember as well.

There's a lot of active members, but most don't bother to come to forums unless trafficked or directed here via PM / message or they get desperate for an answer to a question.

• Upvote 1

another problem is new orgs keep popping up.

90-95% of these will come and go, fuck even hardcore managers slow down every 4-5 months and their orgs close shop.

Add to that when toxic managers drive away dedicated org owners, they did it to Jay, tried it with Biro too last time he cameback. Fuck even drove away Chuck a while back for about 6 months. They were all up in arms going after Devin Scrumbellos because of a format change, AS IF anyone gives a flying fuck lol

Isn't that exactly what you're trying to do to me? You've been whining and talking shit about HFC and me since the Madness merger. I'm doing what I can to keep 350k alive, you're just trying to tear it down. I paid for F&B to stay open, where you fight now, but somehow I'm the death of 350k... And nobody tried to run off Biro, people just remember how he just dropped SMASH like a bad habit and some questioned his return from his fake absence where had RL issues and had to quit, but still ran your org.....

Honestly, Covid I think is the biggest reason, but the fact that VIP managers can now have multiple companies is the reason you see so many new orgs. Everyone knows they fold fast, and the fighters will be gobbled up elsewhere. Most of these new restricted ID orgs don't really matter much to the scene until a few months in. With the fact that probably at least 70% of the fighters created now are projects, most won't even join an org for 2-3 months. So all that the surplus of orgs is doing is stressing out guys trying to start an org and giving a place for rookie managers to fight.

What I think Mike should implement is something similar to the Island season, but allow a section of fighters to be created and only participate against other fighters created for that (like island) where it's a faster game play. Maybe limit it to 25 YO creations but allow them to fight and instantly gain energy back after fight. Maybe reduce injuries and cuts to 1 day so that a manager can come in and fight at least once per day. So in this time of having 10 guys training and not fighting, you could have one or two guys over on an island who can fight once per day. You would have a reason to log in daily, something to do when you got bored, and I think a lot of activity.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I don't know, I mean, the game feels pretty active to me, though I don't have a comparison to how it was before the pandemic since, well, I'm one of the returning managers.

But there are like 5 active orgs, one of them huge, another one large, at 360k, and that's without counting the Island. When that ends, many fighters will come as an infusion to the 360k orgs.

For 365k, the game is old, and thus mostly filled with veteran managers. Almost none, if any, of them is going to make a 25 yo or go fight straight with an 18 yo. 360k was special because a lot of retuning managers came back and wanted to fight straight away, creating some 25 y/os (I did too), but a few months later, I relearned the game and I'm not making 25 yo again unless it's for the island season. So, expecting a 365k org to even exist, much less to prosper, within a couple of months of the ID's emergence feels like very unrealistic expectations.

And the forums feel active - I mean, I lurk them every day but you're not going to see me posting much. And I would bet many people do the same...

• Upvote 3